Nature's Sunshine Products NSP Forum Index Nature's Sunshine Products NSP
For customer and distributor discussions of Nature's Sunshine Products. Not an official site of NSP.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Baby - Fever

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Nature's Sunshine Products NSP Forum Index -> Forum Archive
View previous topic :: View next topic  
CombinedNSP
Site Admin

PostPosted: Dec Sat 16, 2006 11:01 pm    Post subject: Baby - Fever Reply with quote

Baby - Fever

What is recommended to use for infant and child fevers? I know to try to work on the cause but many mothers "freak" at the thought of febrile seizures and give their kids tylenol and ibuprofen.
-Dori in AK
- - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Blue Vervain is one of the best antipyretics that we have. I use that and also will do a cold sheet treatment if it goes too high (> 104.7) If it does get high the key is hydration. Don't forget to get the bowel moving too. Garlic enemas are good here. -Kimberly D. Balas
Something I learned from my midwife many years ago --- soak your childıs socks in apple cider vinegar, put them on their feet, put plastic bags over the socks, and it really helps pull down a fever. Kim is right ­ getting the bowel moving makes a huge, quick difference, also. -Sharon in NY
Fever for kids, we use homeopathics 1st - usually while giving infection fighters like Golden Seal/Parthenium, etc. but we always MT for sure, I would also give Yarrow tea, - Personally I take my 2 yr old to chiro or acupuncture and do any and all herbs before I would give any OTC medicine, which I have never had to give him. -Kasara D'Elene
- - -
Catnip & Fennel liquid herb is excellent for fevers in children, most childhood ailments, digestive upsets, and morning sickness. -Judith Cobb
I love this one, too, Judith, because it is so versatile ­ also great for car sickness and settling down an upset child. -Sharon
Q: My daughter just called. My baby grandaughter has a 102 fever and cold. She started daycare Tuesday for three days a week. Aimee is ready to vomit over this, she's so sick that her baby is sick. Riley is 7 months old. She wants to know what electrolyte substitute she can use for Pedialite. I said Colloidal Minerals. Am I right? She is on the way to the store now to get the Pedialite until she can order on Monday.

Her symptoms are:
runny nose, colored sneezing congestion
Would CBG be good too, even though there is no ear problem? She was breastfed for 4 months and is now on organic formula, but she is refusing it now. What oils besides lavender can be used on a baby this small?

This is what she is taking now:
2 dropper liquid C
2 dropper Echinacea
.75 milliliters astragalus 2 x a day

6 drops AL-J 3x a day
4 drops Blue Vervain 3x a day
10-15 drops Herbasaurs cold homeopathic
1/2 dropper Colloidal Silver 2 x a day Thanks for your help. -Nolee
White grape juice - this has been documented not only to replace but be better then anything else out there. -Kasara D'Elene
102 degree is not a fever. Tell her to put the baby in a warm bath. Not hot or cold. This will allow the temperature to disburse into the water. Also, try CCA with Yerba Santa for the congestion and mucus. After all, it is just a cold that everyone gets and this too shall pass. And St Johns Wort for mom.
Also use recovery drink instead of pedialite. Pedialite is only supposed to be used when there is severe diarrhea anyway. Not for a cold. Sounds mean but she has to get used to this if baby is going there from now on. :) -Laura
Do a enema. -Donna
Flush her nose with a salt water solution. RSV is still going around. The solution will flush the back of the nose and keep bacteria from growing. Run a vaporizer at night.
-Elaine
Q: I am due to have a baby in 3 months and I don't want to have to use T-nol for fever should the need arise. Does anyone know of a natural way to lower fever in an infant should it get too high? Thanks much!!! -Susie
- - - - - - - - - -
In the book ABC Herbal by Steven Horne, he suggests giving an enema for fevers. I have done this with my children and it does work. I would use a child's fleet enema from the store. I have found them to be easier to use than the bulbs syringe that Steven Horne suggests. A major concern with fevers in children is dehydration and enema's can help prevent that. In the enema's I have used red raspberry blend, Chlorophyll, Bifidophilus and Garlic Oil. Also, I've read rubbing Garlic Oil on a child's feet can help. -Kimberly
- - - - - - - - - -
I would like to reiterate what Kimberly said. I started my daughter giving enemas for fever with her first child. After 3, she still uses that as treatment of choice for most anything that ails them. She also uses the child's Fleet Enema, then using the bottle to hive hydrating enemas afterward with Garlic Oil and Liquid Chlorophyll in it. They rarely expel any of the second enema. The fever will lower immediately, but You may have to give 2 or 3 enemas before the fever stays down. -Georgiana
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Nature's Sunshine Products NSP Forum Index -> Forum Archive All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: