Nature's Sunshine Products NSP Forum Index Nature's Sunshine Products NSP
For customer and distributor discussions of Nature's Sunshine Products. Not an official site of NSP.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

damage lower heart w/ rapid beat Now is controled

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nature's Sunshine Products NSP Forum Index -> Health Issues & NSP Product Discussions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
charlene

PostPosted: Jun Sun 10, 2007 7:38 pm    Post subject: damage lower heart w/ rapid beat Now is controled Reply with quote

My husband was told two years ago he had damage to the lower front of the heart. He had had a heart attach but we didn't know when. The way he noticed something was wrong he would have a rapid beat. Trip to the emergency. He had an angiocath, no plugged arteries. He is in good health except for this. The doctor put him on Lisinopril,Carvedilol,Digoxin,Wargarin. My husband says they are keeping him alive but slowly killing him.
Is there a way herbs can replacae all the meds he is taking?
Thanks, Charlene[/i]
Michelle Studlar

PostPosted: Aug Thu 02, 2007 6:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Charlene,

The human body has the natural ability to heal itself. There does come a point, however, when damage caused by either prolonged lack of self care or ignored disease states can put the body into an irreversably damaged state. For those instances, thankfully, we have physician prescribed medications that alleviate symtoms and often prolong life.

Being both an Advanced Practice Registered Nurse and an herbalist, I frequently consult with clients who, like your husband, would prefer to take herbs rather than medications. I will tell you the same thing I tell the clients who contact our shop and make similar statements to the ones you have made here. The fact is that your husband may be right when he says that the very drugs keeping him alive are also slowly killing him. As I said above, these medications are prescribed to alleviate symptoms and to prolong life. They are not prescribed to cure his heart disease, to strengthen his cardiovascular system so that the healthier parts can compensate for the dysfunctional parts, or to help the body heal itself in any other way.

When I see a client in your husband's condition, I make it clear that our goal is not to replace the drugs with herbs. We have 2 goals: (#1) To improve the overall health state so that the lowest possible dosage of the drugs can be taken. Often the health state is actually improved enough that the client, in collaboration with the physician, can completely stop taking his/her medication. (#2) To shield the body from the side effects and adverse reactions of necessary medications. Basically, our second goal is to decrease the likelihood that the drugs will kill the client.

Now, back to your original question. You asked if herbs could replace all the meds he is taking. The answer is probably not. What appropriate nutritional supplementation and herb use can do for your husband is this: It can help him feel much better, with increased energy levels and a higher state of general health. Proper supplementation and using the right herbs can also provide the body with the tools it needs to protect itself from harmful drug side effects and to attain the highest level of nutritionally attainable health.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nature's Sunshine Products NSP Forum Index -> Health Issues & NSP Product Discussions All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: