Nature's Sunshine Products NSP Forum Index Nature's Sunshine Products NSP
For customer and distributor discussions of Nature's Sunshine Products. Not an official site of NSP.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Pregnancy

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Nature's Sunshine Products NSP Forum Index -> Forum Archive
View previous topic :: View next topic  
CombinedNSP
Site Admin

PostPosted: Dec Thu 14, 2006 8:00 pm    Post subject: Pregnancy Reply with quote

Pregnancy

Herbal and Nutritional Advice for Pregnancy
The following is from a handout by Kay Lubeck, author of "Recipes for Success" Card Reference File:

Begin a Beautiful Experience "Naturally"
CONGRATULATIONS! However wonderful it is, NOW is where real love must make itself known by you. As the mother, you have the greatest responsibility in producing a reflection of love for the child you carry for the next 9 months. Nutrition really counts at this time!
You can prevent your hair from falling out or becoming dry or brittle. You can also prevent the loss of your teeth and formation of cavities and even exhaustion. More importantly, you can PROTECT your developing baby from mental and physical problems.
Many have found all of the above mentioned possible by following some trusted historically used herbal formulas, vitamins and minerals that have traditionally kept mother and baby healthy and happy and prepared both for a safe, smooth delivery.

Making Baby Wonderful!
1) Nature's Prenatal - This or Super Supplemental should be taken every day by any woman of childbearing age who is sexually active. Both contain enough Folic Acid to prevent a serious birth defect, Spinabifida. This defect occurs even before you know you are pregnant, so use one of these products as insurance. Nature's Prenatal contains Ginger to help with nausea but does not have sufficient calcium.

2) Vitamin Calcium w/Magnesium (a rich source of CALCIUM for strong bones and teeth) plus Herbal Combination CA, an herbal combination with trace minerals to assure adequate calcium absorption. If you don't have enough calcium and trace elements for the child, there goes your own hair and teeth. Plus your child is laying down its bones & teeth throughout the pregnancy. Sufficient calcium also prevents preeclampsia, or toxemia, a serious complication of later pregnancy. Calcium is critical in pregnancy! Leg cramps or muscle spasms at any time are a sure sign of calcium deficiency.

3) Red Raspberry (considered the woman's herb). I would take this all through my pregnancy. It traditionally strengthens the uterus and entire reproductive system. Coordinates uterine contractions in childbirth. Decreases chances of a miscarriage for premature babies. Helps the mother carry full-term.

Nutrition Tips:
1) Do not smoke, drink any alcoholic beverages or consume anything with any form of caffeine in it, like coffee, teas, colas, or chocolate. All bad habits must be abandoned, including cigarettes, alcohol, and caffeine. It cannot be overemphasized how extreme the damage can be to the child, MENTALLY, MORALLY and PHYSICALLY if they are not. Contact your NSP representative if you need nutritional help to give up these bad habits.

2) Mother and baby should get plenty of rest, fresh air and moderate daily exercise throughout the 9 months to keep the muscles in good condition as childbirth is chiefly a muscular action. Labor and delivery may be the only marathon you are ever in, so train your body for it.

3) For NAUSEA or MORNING SICKNESS, try Red Raspberry tea, Papaya Mint Chewable Tablets, Alfalfa, Aloe Vera Juice, herbal formula FV, Tei Fu Oil, or Nausea Homeopathic Liquid.

4) Mental Attitude. Your attitude will surely be your baby's, so it's up to you and the father to avoid unpleasantness, anger, or fright. Listen to classical music as much as possible. Studies show it increases the IQ of your unborn baby.

5) Protein everyday is essential to prevent toxemia. Use SynerProtein or Thermo Meal drinks 1-2 times daily. Use digestive enzymes such as Food Enzymes and/or PDA to assure good digestion of your food, particularly proteins.

The Baby's Coming :
Formula 5-W is suggested for a less complicated and faster delivery. It should be started FIVE weeks before scheduled due date. For THREE weeks take 8 capsules each day, for the last TWO weeks take 12 capsules each day. The herbs contained in this formula strengthen the uterus for an easier delivery.

Labor Day!
Here are some of the facts and tidbits used by women through the centuries.

Red Raspberry Tea was drunk while in labor to make it easier and prevent any excessive bleeding.

Vitamin E - Women often take this every hour while having contractions. It supplies oxygen for the baby if there's fetal distress.

APS II is a combination which can be used for pain or try the Pain Homeopathic Liquid or Tablets.

WOW! It's over, now what do you do?

APS II (take 3 or 4 all at once) to help alleviate after pain if needed.

Capsicum right after delivery to help stop bleeding.

I also pray that you will want to breast feed your BLESSING. Vitamin C and Magnesium, which the baby will get from Mom's milk, prevents SIDS (Sudden Infant Death Syndrome). Research also shows that breast fed babies have 40% fewer cases of Type I diabetes than those babies who are breast fed for less than three months. (Diabetes Care 94;17:13-9.)
While breast feeding, continue to take your Calcium/Magnesium Combination. We recommend Skeletal Strength because it has a higher amount of magnesium than most calcium supplements. Citrus Bioflavonoids will supply the Vitamin C. Be sure to continue with Super Supplemental or Nature's Prenatal to insure that you get adequate vitamins and minerals for feeding yourself and your baby during these busy days when you might not eat as well as you need to.
If you do breast feed, for richer milk use Fennel ( makes the baby less fussy). Blessed Thistle, and Marshmallow increase the quantity of milk. (What a wonderful shower gift for the expectant mom.)
Parsley or Sage will help dry up milk when you no longer wish to breast-feed.
However, if you do decide to give the baby COW'S milk or formula, add Papaya Mint for better digestibility.
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
I had a personal experience with my daughter- in- law who had severe morning sickness and some toxemia, that went on for a month. I gave her B Vitamins., and extra B 6 and Magnesium and in 2 days no more morning sickness. -J.T
- - - - - - - - - - - - - -
I have had some experiences with clients who have had horrible problems with morning sickness in previous pregnancies. We are talking bed ridden, vomiting, nausea for 3-4 months, weight loss, etc. But with the lady who had the worst problems, when she decided to have another baby she came to see me. We cleansed. First the colon, Tiao He Cleanse; then we went for the liver... started out with Chinese Liver Balance, 2 bottles, then Liver Cleanse Formula, Chinese Blood Build 2 bottles, Liquid Chlorophyll Capsules - did this for just over 2 months. Then she got pregnant and had very little morning sickness and had a very healthy baby. -D.A.
NF-X, and Wild Yam/Chaste Tree both help lower estrogen, and balance with progesterone precursors. In fact NF-X is good to give to someone who is newly pregnant, but has the tendency to spot and have early miscarriages. This usually means too much estrogen. Once the baby gets developing after a few months the placenta is able to produce enough progesterone to balance the estrogen. NF-X helps get you over the first trimester. -Claire
I have had 6 babies and my 11 month old is the only one that I used herbs during the pregnancy. I believe I have a testimony though I took other things not just the 5-W. I have always had pretty uneventful pregnancies but at my deliveries something always happens to keep the midwife on her toes. One of the things that has always given me problems is that I have hemorrhaged after every delivery and always been at least two weeks late except the last time. I took Nature's Prenatal, lots of Vitamin Calcium, ATC Herbal CA, Three, Chlorophyll caps & liquid B-complex, Vitamin E, Citrus Bioflavonoids, Red Raspberry, Thyroid Activator, Echinacea for a fibro cystic breast, and VS-C because I ended up with Pleurisy last pregnancy. and I did not want to get sick at all this time. I took 5-W the last 4-1/2 weeks and when I started into labor, which was one day ahead of my real due date (YEAH!) I started Master Gland through the labor. Now I don't know if all these things (I think I listed everything) are recommended for pregnancy, but I was 41and know the record for hemorrhage goes up with age and I felt I finally had the tools to do what I needed. It was the most bloodless delivery I could imagine. I felt like my body finally knew what to do at the right time and my baby boy, wonderfully healthy never even had a cold until he was 8-months old. We took him to Rising Star Convention last year with a plane flight from PA. to Utah when he wasn't even three months yet. I believe the herbs made all the difference but I think it was important to take them all through the pregnancy. not just the 5-W at the end. -Barbie
Ruth wrote: I would recommend Super Supplemental, Three, and Red Raspberry. Plus, she'll need Papaya Mint chewables to deal with heartburn at bedtime when she is farther along! I couldn't go to sleep without one of these in my mouth toward the end of both of my pregnancies.
My two daughters were put on an herbal program for pregnancy. I currently have a pregnant daughter who is taking Pre-Natal Vitamins, Herbal Trace Minerals, Red Raspberry, Calcium/Magnesium., Vitamin E 400 IU and Liquid Chlorophyll. She is doing great! Hope this helps. -M.Y.
Marshmallow really helps milk flow with breast feeding. Herbal Trace Minerals is great for the mothers energy level and good for baby. Lots of minerals for brain development. -T.W.
I always use Bayberry for blocked [fallopian] tubes with great success. We have several "herb babies" with this and the female formulas plus Vitamin A & D. -Kay Lubecke
If you want to breast feed your baby: Fennel, Blessed Thistle and Marshmallow help increase milk flow. If you decide to give your baby cow's milk, add Papaya Mint for better digestibility. If baby develops diaper rash, empty a capsule of Black Current Oil or Evening Primrose Oil on the area and rub it in. To prevent baby from getting a runny nose, use Beta Carotene as a suppository. One capsule two or three times a week is usually sufficient. Liquid Catnip and Fennel is wonderful to help when baby gets gas or colic. Sage and Parsley will help dry up breast milk. -Georgiana Duncan
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Nature's Sunshine Products NSP Forum Index -> Forum Archive All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: