Nature's Sunshine Products NSP Forum Index Nature's Sunshine Products NSP
For customer and distributor discussions of Nature's Sunshine Products. Not an official site of NSP.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Muscle Testing Explanation & Instruction

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Nature's Sunshine Products NSP Forum Index -> Forum Archive
View previous topic :: View next topic  
CombinedNSP
Site Admin

PostPosted: Dec Thu 14, 2006 11:18 pm    Post subject: Muscle Testing Explanation & Instruction Reply with quote

Muscle Testing Explanation & Instruction

Muscle testing. Kinesiology. Muscle response monitoring. Bioenergetic testing. The concept of testing "invisible energies" has stirred many critics who seem to regard any discovery outside their knowledge as "satanic", "occultic", or "New Age". To deny the reality of testing the muscles would require throwing out most of the discoveries in physics in the twentieth century. However, they are "new" to most people, and therefore, potentially threatening. Hopefully, this article will unravel some of the mystery of the above title.

By way of illustration, suppose you go to a doctor for an examination. There are three possible methods of examination available: first, there is the PHYSICAL exam. This is where the practitioner uses their five senses--they look at your coloring and posture, they listen to your heart beat and pulse, they palpate for growths, hernias, and reflexes. But your doctor probably won't stop there--they'll also want to do a CHEMICAL exam, so they have you leave a blood and urine specimen for chemical analysis. Your doctor knows that abnormalities may show up CHEMICALLY, that are not yet detectable PHYSICALLY. Thus, this is a deeper look that gives us an earlier warning of problems.

Unfortunately, this is where traditional medical diagnosis usually stops, though another examination method remains, the ENERGETIC examination. This is the level at which "kinesiology" operates. The physicist will tell the chemist that it is change on the electromagnetic energy level that MAKE the chemical reactions happen. Thus, changes in the body's electromagnetic energy are at the very root of changes that will eventually occur in body chemistry and later in physical symptoms. There is a movement in natural medicine as a whole toward testing body energy levels. This is part of a philosophical shift from a "mechanistic" to a "vitalistic" view of the body.

The MECHANISTIC VIEW believes the phenomenon of life can be explained exclusively as a product of complex chemical and physical reactions. It denies that there is any special force separating the animate from the inanimate. According to this view the only difference between life and non-life is the complexity of the system. It identifies disease as the result of disrupting normal physical and chemical reactions by a germ, toxin or stress. The goal of medicine grounded in this philosophical view is therefore to destroy symptoms, since they are merely the result of these disrupted chemical reactions. The disappearance of symptoms is viewed as the elimination of the disease. Giving drugs for specific disease symptoms exemplifies this approach.

The VITALISTIC view teaches that a living system is more than the sum of its parts. Life is too complex to explain merely as a conflagration of chemical and physical reactions. If you have ever watched someone or an animal die, you know there is such a difference when that moment of death comes, though all their "chemicals" are still intact. It's obvious there is a non-material part of a living thing, that they are more than just their physical body. The oldest approach of energetic diagnosis and treatment of the body is Chinese acupuncture. Thousands of years ago the Chinese recognized the flow of energy they called Ch'i (chee), or the "vital force, invisible energy" that they say runs along distinct pathways called meridians. The acupunture energy meridians cease to exist at death, making them essentially "undiscoverable" to western doctors, working on lifeless cadavers. Chinese physicians didn't believe in dissection, so they looked at the body more in energetic terms than in physical terms.

INVISIBLE ENERGIES?
G. W. Crile, M.D., was a surgeon and the founder of the famous Cleveland Clinic. Dr. Crile wrote a work entitled, "The Phenomenon of Life – A Radio-Electric Interpretation." Addressing the American College of Surgeons in Chicago in October 1933, he predicted that in the future a "radio-diagnostician" would detect the presence of disease before it becomes outwardly apparent. He stated that man is a radio-electric mechanism, emphasizing that when life ends, radiation ends: "It is clear that radiation produces electric current which operates adaptively the organism as a whole, producing memory, reason, imagination, emotion, the special senses, secretions, muscular action, the response to infection, normal growth, and the growth of benign tumors and cancers, all of which are governed adaptively by the electrical charges that are generated by the short wave or ionizing radiation in protoplasm."

Here is one of the absolute giants of orthodox medicine in the twentieth century, saying that electrical energy governs all of our health. This is exactly the thrust of bioenergetic testing procedures today, more than 60 years after he made that statement.

The fundamental nature of our bodies (and everything else in the universe) is electro-magnetic energy. Everything we take into our body has either a strengthening or weakening effect on our body's electro-magnetic energy. Since the whole universe is ultimately nothing but electro-magnetic fields, we can say that either something's energy field "harmonizes" with your body's--producing muscle strength, or it doesn't--producing muscle weakness. This phenomenon enables us to test the positive or negative effects of a particular supplement.

Modern western science has barely begun to recognize the flows of energy within our body and within all living things. Measuring and correcting energetic resonance is the key to all of our health problems. There are many therapeutic methods that can correct body energy imbalances (and the resulting chemical and physical imbalances) including diet, nutritional supplements, homeopathics, colors, music, and sometimes even allopathic drugs. One thing is certain: bioenergetic testing is where health practice is going.

The above information is taken from the book, "Body, Mind and Health" by Monte Kline, Ph.D. -Allison Cantillina
- - - - - - - - - - - - - -
This is a great tool to help people find and use exactly what they need. You spend less money on herbs and get well faster knowing exactly what your body wants and needs. Another name is muscle response testing. Using the electrical system in the body to determine strengths and weaknesses and then determining what herbs will bring balance back the quickest. -Cindy
My personal opinion is that the book "Healing Energies" by Dr. Stephen Paul Shepard explains the scientific phenomena very well. Very helpful book. A number of year ago, Joy Marshall spoke at a meeting on this very subject. It wasn't a teaching speech -- it was how to explain MTing to people who have a problem with it. Very scientific content. -Georgiana Duncan
- - - - - - - - - - - - -
I don't have the religious audience to deal with her but I do have a whole city of engineers that work for the space program. I have finally found a way to use my physics background in natural health by explaining muscle testing. I can give you a brief intro that I always give people and maybe at some point you can learn pulse testing. It offers the same info as MT but people are more open to this form of testing.

Here goes: Your body has energy currents much like the electricity your appliances use. These cycles or Hz frequencies cycle through the body constantly. When you have a short in your appliance it seems to work rather weird. The same is true of the body. When one of these energy channels becomes out of tune you get a different reaction in the body. The body recognizes these currents throughout each and every cell. The body responds through the nervous system. Nerves control muscles. By using the muscles as a communication form in the body it helps us to have a direct link with the energy of the body. An interpreter of sorts. It is like computer programming and figuring out how to read and write the program of the body to fix the "bug" in the system. I usually explain dextrorotary and levorotary here but you can skip that.

These frequencies can be altered by the type of information we plug in. We cannot lie to our bodies. We can fool them but not lie to them. We can tell ourselves sugar is good but look what happens when we test sugar. (I always have a sugar packet on hand) We are learning to communicate with the body on a frequency level. MT is subjective and we will use it as a tool to understand the other points we observe. Just like energy can be subjective, such as lightening, molecular bursts and such. This gives us the groundwork to make a program come together for you.

We will test the bodies frequencies and then test the interaction of those frequencies with the organic compounds of the herbs which have a frequency as well. It is much like the radio on your home or car. You can't see the waves but you can hear the music. They travel through walls and over great distance to provide you with the sound. The frequency of the plants is much more subtle but is still recognized by the body. The interaction between the two will determine if it enhances the flow of Hz frequencies in the body to bring it to a level of having enough energy for the body to heal itself. You can also give them a vocal example. By stating a truth, have them say their name they test strong, by stating a lie, say someone else's name the body tests weak. The body knows. I always have them vocalize everything when I test it adds to the accuracy. For example: If you are testing liver have them say liver. If you are testing a product have them say the name of the product. By saying something out loud such as prayer it intensifies the magnification of the frequencies. Three people in the same room saying a positive affirmation or prayer can emit the same frequency as a small radio station (50,000 MHz). -Kimberly Balas
- - - - - - - - - - - - -
I would like to say that I am a Christian woman, and I have looked into the origination of muscle testing, as well as many other therapies and ways to heal. Chineses medicines and herbal therapies work. One may not share the same belief system as the Chinese, or practice their rituals. But I have learned that they, as well as many other cultures, have alot to offer in the way of knowledge when it comes to teaching natural ways that the human body can be healed. So, use your judgement, and decide what to learn, take with you and use, and what should be left behind.
Muscle testing isn't a way to diagnose a person, and it should not be promoted as a way to treat or cure a disease. It is a simple way to find out what our bodies need (nutrition wise, whether it be specific foods, or herbal supplementations) to balance our systmes and health.

As in any arena of life, there are good ways of doing this, and bad ways of doing this. The success of muscle testing depends on asking the right, specific questions. If you don't ask enough questions, or in-depth questions....than you still may not get to the root cause of the problem. This is why education is so important. The more you study into it, and the right way to use it.....there is no bigger blessing for our health.

I have seen nothing but miraculous results from using the muscle testing for over 7 years now, but its not the muscle testing really that is miraculous. It is the way the body responds to the nutrition it is given, when you KNOW you are giving it the right support and help that it needs. Its what it's all about.

Muscle testing/reflex testing is way to find out what deficiencies or abnormalities in the body, are causing an individual to be ill. It is how one can determine what the underlying cause is of a symptom, and specifically what type of nutrition/supplementation each individual needs to put the body into proper balance. Using muscle testing, each person can learn to answer on their own...."why am I feeling this way".....or "what is causing this symptom of illness to happen". It can eliminate the guess work of....maybe if I try this, or what if I try that.

Muscle testing is not quackery, is not a psychic ability that only a few posess, is not witchcraft, etc. It is a common sense approach to getting well. EVERYONE can learn to do this, so we can help ourselves, and in turn, teach the people around us that it is possible to get well, without being drugged into a state of "no pain", and it is possible to find out just what is going on inside of us without being poked, prodded, or cut open.

The human body is electrical. The difference between being alive and being dead, is electricity. Example: one walks across a carpet, or rubbs a balloon....touch another object or person, and we get shocked. We are electrical. We are conductors of electricity. Now, understand that by touching (or even being near) another person....our "electricity" will connect (make a complete circut). Example: if one person touches an electric fence...he will get shocked. If this one person holds hands with one or even twenty people in a line.....all will get shocked. Our electricity connects with each other.

Understanding this much....you will learn that by using the muscular system of the body as an indicator(person's resistance of their arm, or gripped fingers, etc) we can ask specific questions to the body to see just what a person needs to balance the bodies health. (Bare with me here) Our involuntary nervous systems, the part that keeps our heart beating/lungs breathing/controls healing of the body....we may not conciously have to tell our hearts to beat, lungs to breathe, cut to heal...our body just does it. So, whether we are knowledgable or concious about what deficiencies or abnormalities that are going on inside our bodies....doesn't matter. Our brain and nervous system knows exactly what is going on inside of us....it is how our body continuously repairs, rebuilds, cleanses, etc...every second of every day.

By making a complete circuit with physical contact, our brains (involuntary nervous system) can let us know just what is going on inside, what needs nutrition, in what areas.

Many different ways to do the reflex testing. (A little difficult to explain how, without "seeing" the actions) Person #1 wanting taught how to find what is going on inside....have them stand if possible,(easiest way), hold their left arm out beside their body, extended straight out to the side/level with the shoulder. Person #2, place their right arm on the individuals left/extended forearm. Person #2 should check the others "resistance strength" by trying to push the person #1 arm down.....at same time person #1 is resisting against this...to keep his arm straight. (This isn't a battle of who is strongest. Just need to get a "feel" for how hard the person resists.) Then proceed to ask questions. Start with something simple, like food. Person #2 doing the "pushing", can ask something like ...."what will eating a Snicker's bar do for your body? Then he would press on the arm of #1, and see if strength remains strong, or if strength is weaker with this question. You can also ask, for example, what will smoking a cigarette do for your body....and push on arm again. Doesn't matter what order you ask questions...body will still respond correctly. Brain will let you know what foods/nutrition help the body or hurt the body. It lets you know by making the strength go weak, or stay strong.

Don't get discouraged if it is hard to tell if person's strength is changing or not. It does take practice/getting the feel for it. And it would help tremendously if you were able to "see" how it is done.

Hope this kinda answered you question....and hope I didn't make this sound too confusing, because it is really so very simple to do.....and the results are incredible. After seeing the endless positive results that happen with peoples' health with using the muscle testing......there can be no doubt that the Lord has truly blessed us with a simple way of getting better. We have the most sophisticated computers known to man, right in our own bodies. Even the most brilliant scientists have not even scratched the surface of the abilities of the brain.....and I for one do not underestimate the powers of healing that lie in each and every one of us. Our bodies "heal themselves" if given the proper nutritional help. I believe muscle testing is a blessing to us all....and it is something to be shared and taught to all. What a wonderful blessing, to be given this knowledge, to learn how to really take care of ourselves naturally. "Let your light so shine...."....share your knowledge and experiences with others. Learning this and sharing it with others is very important, because there is not a person alive who couldn't benefit from it.
-Stacey Brown
A wonderful explanation, novel, Stacey. More people need to know of this incredible technique. I have used it for years and it has never failed me. Keep up the good work. -Mike
Q: Is it important to muscle test? I am wanting to know is it really bad because I have heard from one of my clients that it is not effective. I think it is and I know it is but I want to prove this person wrong. I use to have a book on it and it was helpful. I sold it cause I knew everything on it. So can you give me some info on it? It will really help if I help him know more about it and he will hopefully say it is good and start doing it too.
- - - - - - - - - -
Yes and no -- as far as muscle testing being good and/or important. Steven Horne doesn't promote it because it's so easily influenced. I DO use it, but have found it's important to make sure I'm clear as is the person I'm testing for.

A very good book on muscle testing is "Healing Energies" by Dr.Stephen Paul Shepard. This book not only gives the scientific reasoning behind muscle testing, but the test points for various organs and supplements.

This book isn't something where you can know it all -- It's a book you want to keep in your personal library for reference.

Muscle testing. Kinesiology. Muscle response monitoring. Bioenergetic testing. The concept of
testing "invisible energies" has stirred many critics who seem to regard any discovery outside their knowledge as "satanic", "occultic", or "New Age". To deny the reality of testing the muscles would require throwing out most of the discoveries in physics in the twentieth century. However, they are "new" to most people, and therefore, potentially threatening. Hopefully, this article will unravel some of the mystery of the above title.

By way of illustration, suppose you go to a doctor for an examination. There are three possible methods of examination available: first, there is the PHYSICAL exam. This is where the practitioner uses their five senses--they look at your coloring and posture, they listen to your heart beat and pulse, they palpate for growths, hernias, and reflexes. But your doctor probably won't stop there--they'll also want to do a CHEMICAL exam, so they have you leave a blood and urine specimen for chemical analysis. Your doctor knows that abnormalities may show up CHEMICALLY, that are not yet detectable PHYSICALLY. Thus, this is a deeper look that gives us an earlier warning of problems.

Unfortunately, this is where traditional medical diagnosis usually stops, though another examination method remains, the ENERGETIC examination. This is the level at which "kinesiology" operates. The physicist will tell the chemist that it is change on the electromagnetic energy level that MAKE the chemical reactions happen. Thus, changes in the body's electromagnetic energy are at the very root of changes that will eventually occur in body chemistry and later in physical symptoms. There is a movement in natural medicine as a whole toward testing body energy levels. This is part of a philosophical shift from a "mechanistic" to a "vitalistic" view of the body.

The MECHANISTIC VIEW believes the phenomenon of life can be explained exclusively as a product of complex chemical and physical reactions. It denies that there is any special force separating the animate from the inanimate. According to this view the only difference between life and non-life is the complexity of the system. It identifies disease as the result of disrupting normal physical and chemical reactions by a germ, toxin or stress. The goal of medicine grounded in this philosophical view is therefore to destroy symptoms, since they are merely the result of these disrupted chemical reactions. The disappearance of symptoms is viewed as the elimination of the disease. Giving drugs for specific disease symptoms exemplifies this approach.

The VITALISTIC view teaches that a living system is more than the sum of its parts. Life is too complex to explain merely as a conflagration of chemical and physical reactions. If you have ever watched someone or an animal die, you know there is such a difference when that moment of death comes, though all their "chemicals" are still intact. It's obvious there is a non-material part of a living thing, that they are more than just their physical body. The oldest approach of energetic diagnosis and treatment of the body is Chinese acupuncture. Thousands of years ago the Chinese recognized the flow of energy they called Ch'i (chee), or the "vital force, invisible energy" that they say runs along distinct pathways called meridians. The acupunture energy meridians cease to exist at death, making them essentially "undiscoverable" to western doctors, working on lifeless cadav-ers. Chinese physicians didn't believe in dissection, so they looked at the body more in energetic terms than in physical terms.

INVISIBLE ENERGIES?
G. W. Crile, M.D., was a surgeon and the founder of the famous Cleveland Clinic. Dr. Crile wrote a work entitled, "The Phenomenon of Life – A Radio-Electric Interpretation." Addressing the American College of Surgeons in Chicago in October 1933, he predicted that in the future a "radio-diagnostician" would detect the presence of disease before it becomes outwardly apparent. He stated that man is a radio-electric mechanism, emphasizing that when life ends, radiation ends: "It is clear that radiation produces electric current which operates adaptively the organism as a whole, producing memory, reason, imagination, emotion, the special senses, secretions, muscular action, the response to infection, normal growth, and the growth of benign tumors and cancers, all of which are governed adaptively by the electrical charges that are generated by the short wave or ionizing radiation in protoplasm." Here is one of the absolute giants of orthodox medicine in the twentieth century, saying that electrical energy governs all of our health. This is exactly the thrust of bioenergetic testing procedures today, more than 60 years after he made that statement.

The fundamental nature of our bodies (and everything else in the universe) is electro-magnetic energy. Everything we take into our body has either a strengthening or weakening effect on our body's electro-magnetic energy. Since the whole universe is ultimately nothing but electro-magnetic fields, we can say that either something's energy field "harmonizes" with your body's--producing muscle strength, or it doesn't--producing muscle weakness. This phenomenon enables us to test the positive or negative effects of a particular supplement.
Modern western science has barely begun to recognize the flows of energy within our body and within all living things. Measuring and correcting energetic resonance is the key to all of our health problems. There are many therapeutic methods that can correct body energy imbalances (and the resulting chemical and physical imbalances) including diet, nutritional supplements, homeopathics, colors, music, and sometimes even allopathic drugs. One thing is certain: bioenergetic testing is where health practice is going.

The above information is taken from the book, "Body, Mind and Health" by Monte Kline, Ph.D
-Allison Cantillina
I would like to know how one muscle test oneself for products and muscle test oneself for dosage amounts.-Cecelia
- - - - - - - - - -
There's different methods of self-testing - the one that works best for me is the "leaning" method. Standing straight, feet shoulder-width apart, looking straight ahead (don't close eyes). First, find out if you're energy is flowing correctly by asking your body for it's positive. You should start to lean forward. Your negative will lean you backwards. Let your body do what it wants to do - you won't fall over! Using this positive and negative indications, you should be able to get correct answers. Proceed as if you were testing someone else. I hope this answered your question. -Joodi
- - - - - - - - - -
In addition to Joodi's instructions, I find that for some folks, removing their shoes proves helpful. It seems heels tend to give the wrong answers. Also, I would drink a glass of water before proceeding and avoid fluorescent lights.

If this is your first time (or to re-check to see if you are not "switched"), first say to yourself: "My name is (a phony name)." Then do the same thing asking/saying your real name. When you lean forward with the phony name, obviously, it's not correct and you may be switched. To avoid mixed messages, always be neutral.

If you are "switched" - you can take Distress Remedy, Bee Pollen, or Chinese Trigger Immune.

It may be best for some folks to do this when they are not frazzled and in a relaxed state, probably in the a.m.

You can proceed by placing the product in question in your left palm and place it on your solar plexus. Next, place your right palm over your left (holding the product) hand. Now, proceed with the lean test.

You can also learn what the best times of the day to take the supplements, how many, etc. Always be specific and never give more than one question at a time. You can hold 2-3 bottles on your solar plexus to determine if you can take them together or separately. Dosages can be either asked while holding the bottle, or taking the capsules/pills out of the bottle to test.

For some people, I find sometimes facing a certain direction (mostly North) helps. And for others, it does not matter. You will need to find what works for you. Keep in mind there can be variables such as environmental noise, disturbances or whatever that keeps you from being neutral. -Enid
Muscle Testing - Parasites

I have a client that I am very suspicious of having Parasites. She is blue - eyed, which is harder for me to detect with iridology, yet she has all the right "signs". She is blood type "O". I am well versed in muscle testing, yet have never been shown how to test for parasites. I would really appreciate the info. and insight. Thanks. -Melody
- - - - - - - - - -
Keep in mind that MRT can be used to get very specific answers to questions with a yes or no answer. That is the key. Questions must be SPECIFIC to get correct answers. -Joodi
- - - - - - - - - -
CRA point for parasites is on left side of body. Just below the top of the hip bone, move towards the belly. Where the abdomen just starts to round. -Elaine
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Nature's Sunshine Products NSP Forum Index -> Forum Archive All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: