Nature's Sunshine Products NSP Forum Index Nature's Sunshine Products NSP
For customer and distributor discussions of Nature's Sunshine Products. Not an official site of NSP.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Hemorrhoids

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Nature's Sunshine Products NSP Forum Index -> Forum Archive
View previous topic :: View next topic  
CombinedNSP
Site Admin

PostPosted: Dec Fri 15, 2006 6:23 pm    Post subject: Hemorrhoids Reply with quote

Hemorrhoids

A 53 year old male client has bleeding hemorrhoids for about 2 weeks. About 2 years ago, his doctor looked at the hemorrhoids and did a sigmoid and everything was normal, the doctor cauterized the veins. The hemorrhoids were bleeding after the procedure for about 2 weeks and the client went back for another cauterized of the veins.

The client says about every 6 months the hemorrhoids appears (but not as swollen tissues which causes the pain and remain like normal hemorrhoids does) and starts to bleed lasting from 1 to 2 weeks.

He is open to any suggestions to help him stop the bleeding and hopefully get rid of the hemorrhoids.

He is aware of stress, constipation, and alcohol are factors that may cause the hemorrhoids. Thank you. -Cecelia
- - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Hemorrhoids are the result of toxicity in the body. Many women get them from the IVs and drug they are given at the time of birth. They are not caused by pushing a baby out or men would never have them neither would women who have C-sections. I had 4 children and massive problem with these little dears before I began to clean up the system. then with my 5th child I pushed for 5 hours - no hemorrhoids - I never had surgery and I do not have problem with them now UNLESS I get toxic they can flare up again but the healthier I stay the more rare this becomes. You have to have a propensity to et them since not all toxic people have this problem. If varicosities of any kind - these are just varicose veins in the rectum - run in a family this may be the result for such individuals when the system gets overloaded with toxins. -Karen A Jensen
Well, hemorrhoids are just varicose veins. They can become itchy, and engorged with blood. Sometimes a clots can develop as a result, and become very painful. From what I've learned the veins have valves that become incompetent the blood gets trapped.

My first priority would be to control the bleeding and to prevent an infection from developing. Keep the area clean. I would do warm sitz baths several times a day. I'd buy a sitz bath at the local pharmacy. Also, they sell some wonderful cold packs specifically for hemorrhoids. There is a lot of controversy about whether it is best to use warm or cool to ease the distress of these veins. I personally like both. You could alternate with warm and cool sitz baths.

I would most definitely use vari gone oral capsules they are excellent, and that was a good suggestion for the vari gone cream made by the other poster. However, the need to take a look at his lifestyle is pertinent, if he only gets them once every six months, maybe it is during a certain time of year when he is more active, or less active, or stress is exerted. What is he doing at that particular time of year if he only gets them every six months? What is his diet like maybe he suffers after a long winter of sedimentary life style eating junk food, and lacking exercise and a good fiber diet? Is he regular and does he strain to defecate? I love Bowel detox, and LBS-II, and Algin-bulk fiber. I use zinc and Vitamin C orally to help increase healing.

Other herbs I like for congested veins are Patchouli, Red Raspberry for strengthen, Bayberry is good topically as well for swollen veins. Use bowel detox for it's

Other Self-Care Tips
Take daily measures to produce soft, easily passed bowel movements such as:
Drink plenty of water and other fluids: at least 1 1/2-2 quarts a day.
Eat foods with good sources of dietary fiber such as whole grain or bran cereals and breads, fresh vegetables, and fruits.
Eat prunes and/or drink prune juice.
If necessary add bran to your foods: about 3 to 4 tablespoons per day.
Exercise regularly.
Pass a bowel movement as soon as you feel the urge. If you wait and the urge goes away, your stool could become dry and be harder to pass.
Lose weight if you are overweight.
Don't strain to have a bowel movement.
Don't hold your breath when trying to pass stool.
Keep the anal area clean.
Take warm baths.
Use a sitz bath with hot water. A sitz bath device fits over the toilet. You can get one at a medical supply store or at some pharmacies.
Use moist towelettes or wet (not dry) toilet paper after a bowel movement.
Check with your doctor about using over-the-counter products such as:
Stool softeners
Zinc oxide preparations. (Examples: Preparation H and Hemorid).
Medicated wipes such as Tucks
Medicated suppositories
Don't sit too much because it can restrict blood flow around the anal area.
Don't sit too long on the toilet.
Don't read while on the toilet.
For itching or pain, put a cold compress on the anus for 10 minutes up to 4 times a day.
-Dee
Hemorrhoids. Not usually difficult. Cleanse the bowel/ Chiropractic adjustments are usually called for/ 1500 mgs of Rutin per day along w/Vari-Gone/ and take a warmish bath- get relaxed and use a bit of non-petroleum jelly on the index finger and send the sad little puppies home. The process of 'sending them home' needs to be repeated until they stop trying to run away! It goes w/o saying that some lifestyle/attitude changes are in order! -Cecelia

Vari-Gone cream is wonderful for healing hemorrhoids and if they are really bad start with the Black Current Oil then switch to Vari-Gone. The bleeding will stop when the swelling is reduced. Use soft toilet paper for wipes and/or you may want to moisten it with water. Golden Seal is also good for stopping the bleeding, when taken internally or using topically. -Laura
A potato sliced like a suppository coated with Vitamin E and inserted. Eliminate with next bowel movement! -Miss Sunshine
I have had a small hemorrhoid ever since I had child birth. It acts up every now and them. Is there any thing topical and internally I can use to possibly help this problem?
Thanks for any reply. -Sherry
Try either White Oak Bark or Vari-Gone, either one will work. You can take them internally and/or use them as a poultice. -Mike, N.D.
To Mikes suggestion I might add Slippery Elm if there is constipation. It sooths the mucus membrane, thus easing waste through the intestines and bowel.
I use the Vari-Gone for sore tired, swollen legs and yes for those annoying little spider veins on my legs. It is great for those who stand on their feet all day. I can see how it will constrict the vessels in the bowel also. -Suzanne
Psyllium Seed or Natures Three for fiber and some Cascara Sagrada to keep things moving. Add this to the other response messages. If none of this works, you can go to a licensed N.D. for injections to get rid of it permanently. Call around to see if the N.D. is set up and has the knowledge to do this. -Teresa McIntyre
I have used an ounce of Aloe Vera Juice in 2 cups of water and drank that and it helps with keeping things moving and took care of the inflamation. -Michele
Fiber and water (e.g., Psyllium Hulls, LOCLO) and Vitamin E. If you are constipated a lot, you may also need LBS II or Cascara Sagrada until you become more regular. -Jane M. Plescher

Believe it or not the Black Ointment is great for this problem if it's real bad, also as suggested the Vari-Gone cream is great. Definitely make sure your bowels are moving and lots of water as suggested, but be careful with the Cascara in the beginning. I would stick to Psyllium and Slippery Elm and increase high fiber foods, Flax Seed, dark green vegies (spinach, lettuce etc. If your constipated a lot and need to increase fiber don't add too much too fast because you may irritate them more by your frequent eliminations. Gradually increase your fiber intake while you are repairing and drink lots of water. -Laura
Just before bedtime, use Frankincense essential oil - mix about 10 drops with about 2 tablespoons of carrier oil. Apply as much as needed directly to trouble spot. It is best to apply it with your fingers so none is wasted. You will have a lot left so you can make a smaller quantity if you want. Better yet, apply what is left to the bottom of your feet and put some socks on. Maybe you can do a little massage on the proper foot reflexology spot. May take care of it overnight. If not, reapply. IF you do not have Frankincense, use Lavender. Hope this helps. -Catherine
This works every time. It's a little gross. Take a red skinned potato, cut a plug the size of your pinky finger, coat it with Vitamin E and insert it into your rectum. Each time you expel it, insert a new one. This provides amazing relief within 24 hours! -Judith Cobb
As they need shrinking I find that using astringent herbs first helps. Use only the Whole Leaf Aloe Vera juice as this does not cause griping. Vari-Gone is wonderful and has astringent herbs that help shrink the vessels. Then start with fiber like Nature's Three for a gentle fiber. Plenty of water, it help hydrate the colon. -Suzanne
Q: I have a lady (42 years old) who has painful internal and external hemorrhoids. She has tried the essential oils and Preparation H and suppository med. What can help with this as far as eating what foods and would it help for her to go on a cleanse? -Tammie
Vari-Gone would help this immensely. -Georgiana
I used Vari-Gone and a lot of Vitamin C. Mine went away in a couple of weeks. Deon
The Black Ointment from NSP works great and cut out red meat and dairy for a while I bet you will see amazing results. -Laura Qualiana
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Nature's Sunshine Products NSP Forum Index -> Forum Archive All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: