Nature's Sunshine Products NSP Forum Index Nature's Sunshine Products NSP
For customer and distributor discussions of Nature's Sunshine Products. Not an official site of NSP.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Gallstones

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Nature's Sunshine Products NSP Forum Index -> Forum Archive
View previous topic :: View next topic  
CombinedNSP
Site Admin

PostPosted: Dec Fri 15, 2006 7:56 pm    Post subject: Gallstones Reply with quote

Gallstones

Q: One of my clients was told by her doctor about ten years ago, that she had a very large gallstone. (and I'm sure some small ones) His recommendation was to take her gallbladder out. She decided to live with it, and eats very little fat. Now she is asking me if she can do the gall stone cleanse. Will it soften enough to be passed? And if not, is it dangerous to try? Any recommendations? -Rhea Kimmons
- - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Before doing the gall stone cleanse I would get her on Hydrangea for awhile. If while doing the cleanse, a stone gets caught in the common bile duct it can mean an immediate need for surgery. Hydrangea will help to break down the stones so that they can pass by themselves.
Also, make sure that her colon is clean with regular bowel movements so she can get all this "yuck" out of her body.
I would also put her on Hi Lipase along with whatever other enzymes she is taking, this helps to break down the fats in the diet. -Mike, N.D.
To get ride of any stone in the body turn to Hydrangea and Marshmallow. -Richard
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Q: I am curious if anyone that posts on this message board has ever had a laparoscopic cholecystectomy. I am 23 years old and was recently told by my doctor that I have gallstones. I have been in excruciating pain from this and ready to have surgery. I was told that I could opt to taking medicine that will dissolve the stones or I could have the surgery. My question is, if anyone has had the surgery, have any of you had complications afterwards and would it be something you would recommend? -Leyla
I had many gallbladder attacks 25 years ago and it was horrible. I did not have stones, but a valve that was causing the problem. They removed the G.B and the only problem I had was gas and digesting. I have been on NSP Food Enzymes for years and have no problems. I can even drink milk and eat cheese. I would try to keep it if you can and follow a very regime diet of bland foods and low on Dairy foods and maybe you will not have anymore problems. Good luck. -Suzanne
Q: I just wanted to say thank you to those who posted their advice on gallbladder stones. I had to go back to the doctor again today and they did more testing on me because they are trying to find out whether or not the stones are in my common bile duct. I have been in soo much pain. They told me I wouldn't even be able to have the surgery scheduled until may. Everything I try to eat hurts. I was wondering if you guys could tell me what you eat on a daily basis. I can't starve myself! Help please. -Leyla
- - - - - - - - -
Sorry Leyla, If I'm repeating anything that anyone else wrote. I haven't read all the thread. BUT, The NSP Gall Bladder Formula, Stock #1202-0 is WONDERFUL for gall bladder discomfort. Be sure to take enough with each meal (probably at least 5). I think my daughter was taking 8 with each meal while trying to determine the cause of her discomfort. Then take Hi Lipase to break down and digest fats (which you should probably try to avoid anyway) Stock #1637-1. Then use 1836-9 just as a general enzyme with meals. (Food Enzymes) Also be sure you are eliminating with each meal. -Georgiana
Hi Leyla! I would be fasting with lemons and lemon juice in water to soften these stones, in preparation for a gall bladder cleanse. I personally would rather try this safe cleanse before having any body parts removed. Remember, the ROOT cause is what we want to find¡¡K¡¡K. and then nutritionally support.

If you have the surgery, you are removing an important part of your body, which helps break down fats. I know the medical model thinks we can live without some body parts, and we can, but optimally? They were put there for a reason!

The liver is what actually creates the stones, and in the center of the stones (which are usually bile and cholesterol) is a bacteria which could be from parasites, according to Hulda Clark's "The Cure For All Diseases". These stones come out through the gall bladder and bile ducts. Sometimes they calcify and harden which causes pain. Many people have gall stones without pain.
HOWEVER, the gall bladder cleanse softens these up and moves them out easily without pain. I know Dr's who have warned against cleanses because they feel the stones could get stuck in the ducts. I have NEVER heard of ANYONE doing the cleanse who has had this happen to them - and the rest of you NSP'ers can back me up - thousands of cleanses have been done with no ill side effects.
A friend of mine who is a nurse and did the cleanse took her stones in and had them analyzed. The Dr said "that was nothing other than bile and cholesterol" Precisely what gall stones are made of!
I know people who have had their gall bladders out and had to go back in for another emergency surgery because they left stones in the ducts, and were STILL in excruciating pain!
Your bowels MUST be moving good prior to - in order to do this cleanse. You will be fasting, however, you will still be moving your bowels.
There are many versions of the cleanse out there - Dr. Jensen's books, the booklet "Colon Cleansing, The Best Kept Secret", Hulda Clark's books, etc. It is important to repeat the cleanse about 1-2 weeks between until no more stones come out.
THEN work on the liver! This cleanse helps clean the liver as well, but you want to prevent more stones.
One thing to keep in mind is to STOP using products with any kind of PROPYL anything in them! Internally and Externally!
Propyls allow liver flukes to hatch and set up housekeeping in the liver - very difficult to get rid of!
"By Nancy Coulter, Lafayette, NJ The Gall bladder is a pear-shaped organ beneath the liver on the right side of the body. It is approximately 3 to 4 inches (7.6ÈÈÎÎ10.2cm) long and about 1 inch (2.5cm) wide. The gall bladder stores bile, a digestive liquid produced by the liver. Bile is made up of bile salts, electrolytes, bilirubin, cholesterol and other fats. The bile emulsifies fats and neutralizes acids in partly digested food, and helps some vitamins be better absorbed. Wastes, like drugs and worn out red blood cells are excreted in bile. A muscular valve in the common bile duct opens, and the bile flows from the gall bladder into the cystic duct, along the common bile duct, and into the duodenum (part of the small intestine). WITHOUT A GALLBLADDER, THE BILE DRIPS CONTINUOUSLY, eroding and eating away, and you CAN¡¡ |T DIGEST FATS very well.
The liver & gallbladder can get CONGESTED with gall stones and obstructs the flow of bile causing pain or inflammation, and stones may even get caught in the bile duct. Gall stones are collections of crystals, mostly cholesterol and/or calcium salts. Bile can become over saturated with cholesterol, and become hardened, forming gall stones. This may lead to infection at some point in time. Most people have ¡¡§§silent¡¡ ¨ gallstones that don¡¡ |t cause symptoms or require medical treatment.
Ultrasound is the best method of diagnosis, then this fast/cleanse can be done, before dis-ease sets in.
To NATURALLY cleanse the gallstones out, this tried and true ¡¡V very safe cleanse has helped literally hundreds, if not thousands. Read Hulda Clark¡¡ |s ¡¡§§The Cure For All Disease¡¡ ¨ for more on stones.
I am not the originator of this cleanse by any means - there are many safe variations of this cleanse, but I prefer this one. This is what I do:
During the week prior, eat apples, applesauce, apple juice, use products like Hydrangea, Lecithin, Gall Bladder Formula, Hi-Lipase, Fat Grabbers, Cascara Sagrada. This will begin to soften and emulsify the stones. Rub Lemon Essential Oil over the liver/gallbladder area repeatedly, the week before AND DURING the fast/cleanse. Decide whether you want to use Lemon juice OR unfiltered apple juice. I prefer to do this cleanse on a slow weekend. NO SOLID FOOD!
Upon rising, Drink 16 oz. Unfiltered apple juice OR the fresh juice of 1/2 a lemon in 6 oz. of PURE water. Continue with the same juice every 2 hours; 8 ounces apple OR 1/2 fresh squeezed lemon in PURE water until about 6 PM. Take 2 Lecithin every 2 hours also. With your last drink, take 2-4 Cascara Sagrada capsules (LBS II if there are irritable bowels).
At bedtime, prepare 4 ounces of fresh squeezed lemon juice in one cup, and 4 ounces olive oil (I use the light) in another cup. Bring a straw to your bedside. While sitting on the side of the bed, drink the lemon juice straight down, then lie immediately on your right side for NO LESS than 15 min.
Sit back up and drink the 4 ounces of olive oil (USE THE STRAW). Immediately lie on your RIGHT side, propped up with pillows for NO LESS than 2 HOURS. (If you do not stay on your right for 2 hours, you will have to do it all over again!) Most people go to sleep now. I try to stay propped all night.
In the AM, you should be called to the toilet, where soft green colored floaters will appear after evacuation. If not, you must give yourself an enema! You¡¡ |ll be glad you did! . Estimate the count.
Repeat the above steps the next day, following through until after the evacuation of the gallstones on the third morning, eat lightly during this day. Repeat cleanse every 2 weeks, until no more stones appear, until no more stones come out. (Around 2,000) Repeat once or twice a year after that. Spring and Fall are good times to cleanse! The information here does not diagnose or prescribe. The products discussed are also not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease. It is for educational purposes only, and does not take the place of medical advice. Please consult the health professional of your choice if you are having any health challenges. Anyone using this information takes total responsibility for their self in doing so. As in any health challenge, the matter should be researched and all possible health care choices looked at. -Nancy Coulter
Q: I have been having problems with my gal-bladder(probably stones). I've been taking several herbs but would also like an essential oils combination. Please help! Thank you. -Lisa
You need to do the 2 day Gall Bladder cleanse found in the book "Today's Herbal Health" by Louise Tenney. If you can't find the book then e-mail me and I'll send the cleanse to you. It has always worked for my clients. You will excrete the stones with this cleanse. Afterwards, a good Digestive Enzyme is important with meals. -Mike Zavitz - C.H.N.
Most gallbladder cleanses using olive oil and lemon juice expel something know as soap balls. They are not true stones, so they fool people in to believing they have really expelled a lot of stones. In fact I have never liked these gallbladders cleanses, because I consider them dangerous especially if someone has stones, because recipe calls for a person to drink large amounts of olive oil which causes the GB to go into volatile spasms, and this can actually force a true stone into the duct causing an obstruction and resulting in a medical emergency.
I have never been one to recommend a gallbladder cleanse unless I knew the person did not have stones. I think the cleanse is good to remove congestion and sludge, but dangerous if a person has stones. There has been well documented cases of these cleanse disasters.
The little greenish black pea like thing that people expel during these cleanses are just the result of the olive oil and the bile mixing together and forming a soap. There is proof of this because these so call stones have been analyzed as soap balls and nothing more. I realize a lot of people swear by these cleanse, but for me I am not going to be responsible for causing a medical emergency.
Prevention is the best method r/t GB health. Taking herbs that wear down and soften the stones over period of time, and herbs that stimulate bile production to help with removal of these stones, and promote healthy bile function is probably the safest root next surgical removal for someone with stones in my opinion. -Dee
I agree with you on the danger of gallbladder cleanses and stones. I have had 2 people over the years that have ended up in the emergency room after doing the gallbladder cleanse, both of them had infected gallbladders and did not know it. They had the ultrasound to detect the stones but it doesn't see the infection. I no longer use the gallbladder cleanse. Instead, If the stones are causing no major problems, I have people take lecithin, Vit. C, Bowel Detox, Heavy Metal Detox, and Milk Thistle. These supplements help prevent formation of stones and may help dissolve the stones by making the bile more soluble. If the stones are a major problem I recommend they have them broken up by laser surgery and then follow this program for a while. For more information on this see Dr. Murray's Encyclopedia of Natural medicine. -Valerie G.
Also, I wonder if people are aware that even if they get there gallbladder removed stones can still form in the ducts and liver. I think once someone has had GB trouble, or stones they have to get on a program and stay on it as a maintenance program for long term, and change their diet. I think people are under the impression that once they get rid of the source their troubles are over, not true!
Once a person gets rid of their gallbladder through surgery, then it is just as important to add herbs that help the liver, such as bile salts, because the GB is no longer there to store extra bile for emulsification of fat. It's an ongoing process, I would think. -Dee
Bowel Detox is great. I love the stuff. It actually has bentonite for a sluggish gallbladder, Psyllium to help with the cholesterol removal , apple pectin which is a bile salt which binds with the bile acids, cholesterol, and lipids, very needed, marshmallow to sooth, ginger for nausea and much more. I can't say enough about bowel detox.
Milk Thistle is excellent very need, because most often a sluggish dysfunctional liver leads to a sluggish gallbladder. Work on the liver. -Dee
I had an experience I have really wondered about. It happened a few years ago -- I had been taking large amounts of Fat Grabbers and Hi Lipase on a daily basis along with LBS II. At this time, I don't even remember why I was doing this.
I know I have had gall bladder stones over the years from time to time (Verified by medical procedures). . .After having stones verified, I used Gall Bladder Formula most of the time - not wanting the surgery. I am a great believer in Gall Bladder Formula. I always recommend people use it at least a month before even considering a cleanse.
Anyway, after quite a while of taking the Fat Grabbers and Hi Lipase, one day I passed liquid from my bowel along with tons of marble sized olive colored balls. (They looked exactly like what I had passed doing the gall ladder "cleanse" in the past. I continued with the Fat Grabbers and the Hi Lipase and 2 weeks to the day I did it again!!!!!!This time there were more than the time before.
No, I didn't have them analyzed. In retrospect, I wish I had. It has never happened since, but then I haven't taken the Fat Grabbers & Hi Lipase in combination either. I can't tell you how many I took at that time -- but I seem to remember taking hand fulls of Fat Grabbers . . . . I was experimenting I believe. (I do that)I have continued taking Hi Lipase with fat soluble supplements.
I have never had an explanation for that. It wasn't a combination of olive oil and anything because I hadn't had any olive oil. I told everybody about it at the time.. . . . . I sure welcome ideas regarding this experience. -Georgiana
- - - - - - - - - -
Hi Well, that is interesting. I don't have an answer, but if you do that again it would be worth getting the things analyzed.
I know the gallbladder pretty well. I've been in surgery and helped with the removal of them. I can tell you the stones in the actual gallbladder and the things actually passed after a cleanse look totally different. I speculate it may have been the excessive use of the Fat Grabbers, and Hi Lipase combination with an over stimulation of the bile and the combination of gallbladder contractions.
I was doing a self experiment myself with this same scenario Fat Grabbers and Hi Lipase just recently. I got the idea from a poster on the e-mail forum, a friend. I did this and for some reason I had severe pain in my gallbladder area, and it last about a day. I continued the regime, but I altered it a little. It felt like my gallbladder was having contractions. I suspect it was congested. I feel good now and I am still using my Fat Grabbers and Lipase. -Dee
Having had Gall Bladder pain before being put in the hospital (too many years ago), I know I didn't feel anything like that when I did this. I'm sure I shared this experience with the email forum some years ago also. You didn't say anything about taking a bowel stimulant when you tried it. That possibly made a difference. I literally took hand fulls of Fat Grabbers and when I take Fat Grabbers, I need a bowel stimulant. So, I feel fairly sure that I must have taken either Senna Combo or quite a bit of LBS II with it. The LBS II would have caused a bile release, wouldn't it? Another thing is that I'm sure I took it for a while before finally passing whatever I passed. I'm sure I had some type of feeling of urgency because the liquid and the "marbles" exploded out of me very fast.
I definitely will have them tested should I do this again. . . . . (where do you have something like this tested?) I thought in interesting in light of the ongoing discussions of "gall bladder cleanses" - pro and con. -Georgiana
The greenish black things passed in a gallbladder cleanse were analyzed as soap balls, and I assume that the Fat Grabbers in combo with the Hi Lipase and LBS II could also, produce the same soap balls. This does not mean that all things passed during a gallbladder cleanse are soap balls, some could be actual stones. I still do not recommend a cleanse it there are known stones, because of the use of the large amounts of olive oil and the fact it can cause severe spasms making things extremely slippery and forcing a stone of good size into the duct therefore potentially causing an obstruction. I consider this dangerous, in my opinion. -Dee
Over 20 years ago when I first learned about colon cleansing I did colonics at home, fiber drinks, etc. and passed tons of those little green, or yellow stones. I did not use the olive oil at the time but I assumed they were some time of stone. Then I read that these "stones" can be formed by a chemical reaction during cleansing. Since I couldn't remember where I read it I went to the internet to search out the info. I'm afraid I found so much that I could spend several months going thru it. But in summary:
Some "stones" passed in these cleanses are really stones, some are the soap things, some are combinations of cholesterol being broken down and eliminated. You'll have to go to this site I found to see and believe it, they have over 500 photos of stones passed! www.curezone.org It's my opinion that the olive oil flush is too much too fast. The Fat Grabbers are a great idea, the lecithin has been proven to emulsify the cholesterol and stones (most stones are made from cholesterol) also the chickweed in the formula emulsifies fats and breaks down the toxins hidden in the fats. The psyllium traps all this to pull it out of the body. It only makes sense that if you are breaking down fats, cholesterol, and toxins, that you must be cleaning the liver and gallbladder, and perhaps the stones as well. Add in the Bowel build, and get better results.
I always put people with gallbladder problems on Hi-Lipase because they have problems breaking down fats. Our Proactazyme Plus contains a good amount of Lipase.
Well, this has been fun and interesting, and I think I'll do a cleanse again! -Valerie G.
- - - - - - - - - -
Q: Sunday night I had a very painful stomach ache which landed me in the ER on Monday morning. Come to find out that I had a gall bladder attack and have a gall bladder full of small stones. Well, they set me up for a surgery appointment in 2 weeks to have my gall bladder removed. I am very hesitant about this operation and would love some advice here. First of all, I am not a medical type of person - haven't even had Tylenol for years. I try to solve health problems naturally, though we are a healthy family and have really had very few problems at all. Secondly, I just gave birth to baby, number four, a few weeks ago. This is one of the biggest reasons I want to avoid surgery - nursing, drugs going to baby, etc.
I have looked into possible natural remedies for gall stones but I am confused. The olive oil cleanse is common, but what if a stone gets stuck in the bile ducts? Ouch. And then I'LL be in the ER again for sure for immediate surgery. Also, what of the 3 day apple juice cleanse? Is this safe to do while nursing? Will I have adequate nutrients for baby? I went to my local health food store today, and they tried to set me up with about $100 worth of supplements for "softening" the stones. But softening can take a long time. Is the olive oil cleanse safe (1/4 c. oil with lemon juice). Does it need to be accompanied by enemas? Please help here. Remember, I have a 2 week old newborn to take care of too. I'd love to avoid surgery, but will do it if it is the best option for both of us, I just feel there is a better way. -Becky Fender
My ever vigilant TV watcher tells me there was a health bulletin about gall stones today suggesting that Vitamin C can help prevent stones, so until someone with experience with your new baby situation can suggest which cure to try up your Vitamin C--it is too much if you or the baby develop very loose stool. Increase liquids. Do not avoid greasy foods, but balance them with acid foods. You need to keep the bile moving. You could try one of the fibers to encourage the bile to move--like LOCLO or Nature's Three until you think you are really strong enough for a cleanse. -Marilyn N.
Gall Bladder surgery is usually a very unnecessary procedures. A colleague of mine has used the following procedure over 200 times and another over 1000 times and it has worked in every instance, with the stones never getting stuck in the bile ducts. Stones getting stuck from the cleanse is purely theoretical and has never happened to anyone to my knowledge. I have done this cleanse myself and it worked just fine. As for your baby, I highly doubt there will be any problem. This is very safe 2 day cleanse and you may continue nursing during this time. No need for enemas. The cleanse is as follows:
First day - no food to be taken
8 a.m. 1 glass (8 oz.) fresh apple juice 10 a.m. 2 glasses (16 oz.) fresh apple juice 12 a.m. 2 glasses (16 oz.) fresh apple juice 2 p.m. 2 glasses (16 oz.) fresh apple juice 4 p.m. 2 glasses (16 oz.) fresh apple juice 6 p.m. 2 glasses (16 oz.) fresh apple juice
Second day - same as first day
At bedtime take 4 oz. of olive oil. Use lemon juice to wash the oil down. Retire. It should start to work in the early morning. This helps dissolve the stagnant bile and liquefies through the malic acid of the apple juice. The oil moves the residue.
Take Gall Bladder Formula for about a month to help with the bile flow. You may need to do this cleanse again in a couple months. -Mike
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Nature's Sunshine Products NSP Forum Index -> Forum Archive All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: