Nature's Sunshine Products NSP Forum Index Nature's Sunshine Products NSP
For customer and distributor discussions of Nature's Sunshine Products. Not an official site of NSP.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Teeth - Dentures or Bridges?

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Nature's Sunshine Products NSP Forum Index -> Forum Archive
View previous topic :: View next topic  
CombinedNSP
Site Admin

PostPosted: Dec Thu 14, 2006 2:25 pm    Post subject: Teeth - Dentures or Bridges? Reply with quote

Teeth - Dentures or Bridges?

I am in need of major dental work, but cannot even come close to affording the procedures recommended by my dentist. I have always had bad teeth and unfortunate circumstances have made it impossible for me to continue to pay for the continuous root canals, caps, fillings, etc. I told the dentist that I wanted to put an end to the problems and get full dentures, but was told that was not ethical. I am considering going to Mexico, where the work can be done much cheaper.

Question: Is there any real long term benefits in saving approx. 6 uppers.( 3 ea. side) and 3 lowers, and having bridges, or does it make more sense to have full dentures, which would mean NO MORE dental bills?

I've heard several very good reports regarding the dentists in Mexico. Can anyone give me input on that, please? -Bob
- - - - - - - - - -
I did the root canal, bridge, cap/crown bit for years. Then I developed infection pockets at the tip of each tooth that had a root canal. Of course this resulted in bone loss. I was starting to get sick from the constant infection. I wish I had had healthy teeth, but since I didn't (from very young age), I'm glad I got a denture. They say on the bottom, if you can hold on to a few teeth to anchor a partial to, you are better off. So, that's what I'm doing.

Regarding Mexico -- My daughter & son in law are in the process of having dental work done in Nogalas (I think). His mother had work done with this dentist and she was very impressed. Now they are saying the same thing. They said he has more high tech equipment than their last dentist in the states AND he doesn't believe in silver fillings. He removes any and replaces them with porcelain. AND, they said he's quite reasonable. -Georgiana
- - - - - - - - - -
My Mom was 23 when she had all her teeth pulled and has never regretted it one second. She never has to deal with the dentist except when she wants a new set, which is about every 15 years. She, however, has 60% dental coverage so she pays like $160 for a complete set. She had root canals as young as 14 and hated going to the dentist, so she eliminated the problem. Back then, if you wanted it done, you got it done, not like today; I understand why they are hesitant in some cases, but certainly not when you are exposed to constant infection and pain. -Annie
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Nature's Sunshine Products NSP Forum Index -> Forum Archive All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: