Nature's Sunshine Products NSP Forum Index Nature's Sunshine Products NSP
For customer and distributor discussions of Nature's Sunshine Products. Not an official site of NSP.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Cat - Congested

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Nature's Sunshine Products NSP Forum Index -> Forum Archive
View previous topic :: View next topic  
CombinedNSP
Site Admin

PostPosted: Dec Sat 16, 2006 5:11 pm    Post subject: Cat - Congested Reply with quote

Cat - Congested

We acquired a kitten that had alot drainage from the eyes, that would be matted closed by morning, and congestion in the chest. I started putting colloidal silver in his eyes and Garlic and Mullein in his food. One eye has cleared up but his congestion doesn't seem to be clearing up, in fact he sometimes acts as if the mucous is caught in his throat. He has greenish mucous in the nose some mornings. The vet said this was a rotovirus and that he would just have to build up an immunity to it. He wanted me to give him antibiotics, I asked him why since it was a virus, but he really didn't have an answer so I didn't purchase them. My question is what else can I use to get rid of this bug he's got, should I get the antibiotics? Thanks for any help you can offer. -Lana
- - - - - - - - - -
Yep, it's a rhino virus. There is a vaccine for it. If very young kittens get it, they generally die because the mama ignores them and they can't compete to find their milk. Like any virus, you CAN pull them thru, but it might be a great deal of care and help with feeding. -Georgiana
- - - - - - - - - -
Do you think Oregon Grape would be helpful? -Nancy Coulter
- - - - - - - - - -
I really don't think so -- Not for a virus. Someone suggested Colloidal Silver -- I think EW added to that might be good. Washing the eyes out with Colloidal Silver and/or EW made into an eyewash definitely. Their little eyes matt shut and they can't find Mama to eat. She will abandon them because she knows they aren't right.

I pulled dogs thru Parvo and Distemper with drip enemas that had Slippery Elm, Garlic Oil and other stuff in it. I would spend more hours dripping that into them very slowly than not. It works like an IV. They get the nourishment and the medicinal benefit also. You could put the EW in that. I think I would now add Colostrum. -Georgiana
- - - - - - - - - -
We've had barn cats for years and what you describe is very prevalent in barn cats-- as they are kind of on their own. what the vet said is supposedly true. I say that, as I have heard the same thing; they need to build up an immunity to it. I have seen some overcome it but i must say, I have seen them get it again. some die, some survive. it is awful and heart wrenching to watch and highly contagious to other cats. I've heard it called distemper. The most we've ever been able to do is clean off kittens' eyes with warm water and then add an antibiotics ointment-- similar to your Colloidal Silver-- the congestion itself needs to be cleared out and off. i think they die when they get so clogged up. maybe stimulate immune system and keep clean and clear. ALJ? -Julie
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Nature's Sunshine Products NSP Forum Index -> Forum Archive All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: