Nature's Sunshine Products NSP Forum Index Nature's Sunshine Products NSP
For customer and distributor discussions of Nature's Sunshine Products. Not an official site of NSP.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Cat - Bladder Problem

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Nature's Sunshine Products NSP Forum Index -> Forum Archive
View previous topic :: View next topic  
CombinedNSP
Site Admin

PostPosted: Dec Sat 16, 2006 5:14 pm    Post subject: Cat - Bladder Problem Reply with quote

Cat - Bladder Problem

I have a friend with a year old male cat suffering with bladder spasms. It's hard for him to urinate and has had a catheter put in and taken out recently. What can be given to a cat for this? Thanks. -John
- - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Betcha it's bladder stones (crystals). That's very common for cats, especially males and especially if they drink city water. It's cheap enough to find out. Hydrangea and JP-X would be great. -Georgiana Duncan
Funny you should mention this. The owner of the cat says he was tested for crystals and it came back negative. Would you still suggest the Hydrangea and JP-X? -John
I don't see where it could hurt. Can you MT the cat? JP-X helps a multitude of things.. . I would try 3 Hydrangea and 1 JP-X, twice a day -- in food or as a anal suppository. I've gotten cats to eat Hydrangea - Golden Seal is usually not that easy tho. I did have a little female that would allow me to stick it down her throat -- but that's rare for a cat. Magnesium out of the capsule might help the spasms. 1/2 Capsule twice a day. -Georgiana Duncan
And, I have been told that the amount of MEAT products has a lot to do with this problem.......I lost 2 males cats within 3 months of each other with bladder problems........Lost them in 2000........My favorite guys.......It is not an easy situation with male cats, and especially if they have been neutered........ -V. LeNore Reed
Yes, he was neutered at 5 weeks old at the Humane Society. Isn't that awfully young? -John
Anytime I am dealing with a "spasm" type problem I always use Magnesium or you could use the Magnesium Complex. -Lora
I really believe that many of the kidney/bladder related problems with dogs/cats have to do with the preservatives in their ready-made foods. Enzymes to break down the toxins help like the Barley Juice Powder sprinkled on their food or Green Zone. I also buy them foods that are related to their blood type. Supplement this with good water and a little Nature's Fresh added. -Sharlene Miyamura
I totally agree. Preservatives can wreak havoc on their digestive system and that breeds bacteria. I have also found that the acids produced by the high grains in the foods also contribute to stressing out the kidney. I have been adding 1/2 cap of Mg complex and a
Chlorophyll cap to my 70 lb dog's routine and increasing his green veggies as well as giving him 1 oz of raw protein per day. This has changed him into more vibrant health.
With cats, I have used the Cranberry/Buchu at a dosage of 1/4 cap per day along with some Colloidal Silver. This will not overheat their system. -Kimberly Balas
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Nature's Sunshine Products NSP Forum Index -> Forum Archive All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: