Nature's Sunshine Products NSP Forum Index Nature's Sunshine Products NSP
For customer and distributor discussions of Nature's Sunshine Products. Not an official site of NSP.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Cat - Acidity

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Nature's Sunshine Products NSP Forum Index -> Forum Archive
View previous topic :: View next topic  
CombinedNSP
Site Admin

PostPosted: Dec Sat 16, 2006 5:18 pm    Post subject: Cat - Acidity Reply with quote

Cat - Acidity

I am working with a friend who has a cat with chronic renal failure. I need some ideas to control his acid tummy. He doesn't care much for the taste of mint. I have suggested they give him some papaya, try Noni and Ult Green Zone, an unflavored liquid calc.
He is too acid to eat, which is only making things worse.
Also to try some dandelion, parsley, KB-C.
Any corrections or more suggestions greatly appreciated. -Ann
- - - - - - - - - - - - - -
This acidity is due to his kidneys no longer being able to clean out the blood. What is building up is Blood Urea Nitrogen. It depends on how old the cat is and what stage of Renal Failure he is in. Check for ulcers on the lip side of the upper gums. This is sometimes why it is painful to eat. Cats in this condition are on low protein diets. Giving herbs to increase urine is not a good idea as they are already dehydrated and Dandelion will increase urine flow. I would try some Spirulina and Chlorella. Chlorella is wonderful for reducing acid, but again it is the disease process. I just spoke to the head of NSP relations and requested Chlorella be brought back as a single herb. Many blessings to this little kitty. If I can be of help, let me know. -Suzanne
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Nature's Sunshine Products NSP Forum Index -> Forum Archive All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: