Nature's Sunshine Products NSP Forum Index Nature's Sunshine Products NSP
For customer and distributor discussions of Nature's Sunshine Products. Not an official site of NSP.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Cat - Abscess

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Nature's Sunshine Products NSP Forum Index -> Forum Archive
View previous topic :: View next topic  
CombinedNSP
Site Admin

PostPosted: Dec Sat 16, 2006 5:19 pm    Post subject: Cat - Abscess Reply with quote

Cat - Abscess

Our cat, 6 years old, has an ugly abscessed area (it is red and oozing) on her leg, as well as one on her tummy. I have been giving her ET and putting Golden Salve on it. Any suggestions? Thank you so much. Sincerely, Annette Mason
- - - - - - - - - - - - - -
You need to give her infection fighting formula. The abscess needs to be kept open in order for it to heal. If the wound heals over the pasturella bacteria will continue to keep multiplying. Hot pack (wet a wash cloth with hot water) and apply this over the abscess two to three times a day to keep it draining. As for the one on the leg, if it gets into the muscle you can have big problems. Just keep an eye on it that it is not swelling laterally. If it stays confined to just the entry site than you can continue to treat it. The abscess needs to be flushed out. Use goldenseal in distilled water to do this. Flushing also needs to be done two times a day to wash out the wound. Adding a salve will only heal the outside of the abscess. Cats will heal from the out side in so this is why you need to keep it flushed and open. -Suzanne
Q: I have a cat who looks like he is sticking his tongue out at you all the time. It is not the tongue however, it is the gums all swollen. I took him to the vet, and he gave me steroid pills to give him but, said it may not go away, or if it did it could come back, (not really what I wanted to hear )Anyone have a idea what to try to help the cat? Giving a pill to a cat isn't easy anyway. He did say it is an immune problem.
What can I give a cat. to help build the immune system? -Shiella
This is important. Did the Vet day Auto-Immune or Immune problem? If it is Auto-Immune you need to go back to the vet. If it is Immune then I have had great luck with Astragalus. NSP makes a capsule and the dose would be one half a cap, two times a day. You can mix it in tuna or all meat baby food such as chicken or turkey. And keep him on this for a month or so. Also sometimes old cats have gum disease just like we do. In this case a dental is due. Blessings Suzanne
Steroids! Good Grief! I suggest that first you find a new doctor for your kitty. One with a more holistic approach. There are hundreds of reasons that your kitty may have swollen gums. She should have a complete blood work up to determine if her white count is elevated, indicating an infected tooth, she may need an extraction or even several? She may be allergic to the water, is it chlorinated and fluoridated? Perhaps she is being poisoned by environmental and household toxins. Do you use perfume or put carpet freshener in your carpets? She may have an allergy to commercial pet food. Visit Dr. R. L. Wysongs website at www.wysong.net to read about the shocking ingredients allowed in popular commercial foods. In the mean time, I would make her a comfortable as possible by feeding her pureed vegetables and soft raw meat. You can read more about this in Pat McKays book "Reigning Cats and Dogs: Good nutrition: Healthy Animals. -Jewel
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Nature's Sunshine Products NSP Forum Index -> Forum Archive All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: