Nature's Sunshine Products NSP Forum Index Nature's Sunshine Products NSP
For customer and distributor discussions of Nature's Sunshine Products. Not an official site of NSP.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Carpal Tunnel Syndrome

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Nature's Sunshine Products NSP Forum Index -> Forum Archive
View previous topic :: View next topic  
CombinedNSP
Site Admin

PostPosted: Dec Sat 16, 2006 5:21 pm    Post subject: Carpal Tunnel Syndrome Reply with quote

Carpal Tunnel Syndrome

Does anyone have experience with what herbs/ vitamins/exercise/homeopathic practices would help with Carpal Tunnel Syndrome. Thank you sooo much and have a wonderful day!! -Diana
- - - - - - - - - - - - - -
I've had good success with B-6 (up to 200 mg/day) for a maximum of 2 months. May also take with B-complex if want. Also MSM. -Jane
My aunt went through a chiropractor to relieve some of her symptoms of carpal tunnel. He had her wear this strange contraption that attached to her head with velcro and elastic and then a long rope hung over the door. Attached to the end of the rope was a plastic bag measured in increments of pounds that you filled with water. The theory behind this was that the vertebrae in her neck were compressing key nerves that feed down the arms and cause the pain associated with carpal tunnel. As you know, carpal tunnel can be brought on by a repetitive motion done on a daily basis. Well this was the case for her. Although, I am not suggesting you try this contraption the theory behind it makes good sense. It made her sit in a correct posture and align her spine properly, while it gently stretched the muscles in the neck and relieved the tension commonly stored there. IT created space between the vertebrae that is naturally suppose to be there by means of cartilage. Incorrect postures can compress cartilage.

What I would consider as an alternative to this contraption is basic Yoga. It will help your posture and relieve tension through gentle stretching and the breathing techniques are a plus. -Paola Collum
My Manager told me she put one of her customers on a 90 Day Colon Cleanse consisting of Chlorophyl, Hydrated Bentonite, Psyllium Hull Combination and Cascara Sagrada and also she went on a Chelation Program using Colloidal Minerals and Mega-Chel and MSM. The Cleanse is great for removing toxins out of the system and the Chelation Program cleanses the arteries. -Marguerite
Q: Tendinitis and Carpal Tunnel - I have tendinitis in my right elbow (from waiting tables) and carpal tunnel in my left hand (I wear a brace). Which supplements would be best to bring down the swelling and pain? I've used APS-II and Tei Fu Oil, and a homeopathic cream. I'm still in pain. I ice the elbow 2x daily. -Laura
I have the same problems, and have been getting massage therapy which has helped INCREDIBLY! MSM is the best, be sure to add Vitamin C with your MSM for best results. No wonder it is said "The Miracle Of MSM", it truly works! I also started taking Chondroitin and Glucosamine. I have also used Chiropractic adjustments, and no longer need my brace except on rare occasions. APS-II with Willow Bark is a good anti-inflammatory. Body too acid is correct, stay off of fatty or red meats, lots of green vegi's! -CJ
Both symptoms are usually caused by an over acid system over a long period of time. You should work on alkalizing your system. Ultimate Green Zone and Coral Calcium are great for supplements. Your diet should be more veggies and fruit, less acid producing foods. MSM is usually a quick relief for pain or you may try Everflex. If you are usually anemic these symptoms come around check out your iron levels too. It's most likely acid.
Vitamin B-6 (with entire B-Complex). The results will not be noticed for at least 12 weeks.
One distributor suggests 12 B-Complex + 12 B-6 three time daily; gradually reduce dosage to 2 of each twice daily for prevention.
Yucca (6 a day) + B-6 ( 3 a day) has reported to be helpful.
Nerve Control, Mineral Maintenance, Colloidal Minerals, plus Target Endurance has been reported to heal Carpal Tunnel.
Bone/Skin Poultice internally and as a poultice applied at night.
Increase Calcium (see CALCIUM card)
Kay Lubecke
Recipes for Success
© Lubecke Enterprises, Inc.
Essential Oils Recipe:
10 drops Lavender
10 drops Eucalyptus
1 oz. Massage Oil.

Massage mixture from the neck, down the shoulders and through the tendon running down back of arm into wrist and hands
Q: What can be taken to successfully cure Carpal Tunnel. Don't want to have the surgery. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!! -Jo
I used to have Carpal Tunnel while I worked at an office, typing at a computer most of the day. I used to wear a brace, which helped somewhat. Then, I started taking vitamin B-6 (about 200 mg per day). Taking the B-6, together with the brace, helped to alleviate the discomfort.

For about 1-1/2 years, I have been a homemaker, and I must say, this has been a lifesaver! The Carpal Tunnel hardly bothers me anymore...after I stopped typing all day long. I hope this helps you. God bless. -I. Smith
I agree with I. Smith. B-6 is great to reduce the inflammation. Also you could add Joint Ease and Glucosamine. Keeping your wrists in a Splint at night helps too as we all curl our hands while sleeping and this puts pressure on the nerve due to the thickened Ligaments. -Suzanne
My wife had Carpal Tunnel Syndrome and mentioned it to a friend who is a Physical Therapist. He made her an appointment and made adjustments to the fascia in that area. Fascia is the tissue envelope that surrounds the muscles, bones, organs, brain and actually surrounds the whole body. When this tissue shrinks or thickens it applies pressure on the nerves in that area and causes pain. An adjustment regimen stretches the fascia and relieves the pressure. It took about six weeks, twice weekly to gain permanent relief.

In the meantime in addition to the supplements suggested by others, I think that you should consider using NSP Phenyltol (3-4 per meal).

Not all Physical Therapists are knowledgeable of this treatment. If your Therapist can't do this procedure, find one who can. This seems like a good alternative to surgery. -Russ
I've helped at least three individuals in the last three years overcome Carpal Tunnel, one of which was my wife. She was running a daycare program at the time and could not even pick up a small glass of milk for one of the children without a lot of pain and most often, dropping the glass. I finally was onto it when I came in one day during the summer and the kitchen smelled of soured milk. She had dropped three different glasses that day and could not move the washing machine to clean under it. I made her go to the doctor (at the time, she was not a big believer in herbs), and the doctor told her to wear a brace, take Motrin, and if it did not clear up in ten days, she would need surgery. Two weeks later, it had not gone away, and I told her I wasn't going to let them do surgery until she tried the herbs that I had ordered for her.

Here's what we did in all three cases:

2 caps Yucca every 2 hours while awake for two days, then two caps every 4 hours (breakfast, lunch, dinner, bedtime)

2 caps Licorice Root every 3 hours for two days, then two caps every 4 hours as above.

After the initial two days, the dosage was reduced. We continued with the two caps at breakfast, lunch, dinner, and bedtime for the remainder of three weeks, at which time for two of the three, the problems had gone away. The third took an additional week because they had suffered a few more months. Hope this helps. -Wes

PS--My wife's carpal tunnel occurred over two years ago. After the three weeks on the herbs, she has never had any other problems. That was her first experience with herbs and it converted her. I also take Yucca for my back. I have two degenerating disk and I'm quite stiff in the mornings and early afternoons if I don't take it. It's a great alternative to Motrin and the other NSAID's. -Wes
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Nature's Sunshine Products NSP Forum Index -> Forum Archive All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: