Nature's Sunshine Products NSP Forum Index Nature's Sunshine Products NSP
For customer and distributor discussions of Nature's Sunshine Products. Not an official site of NSP.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Carbohydrates

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Nature's Sunshine Products NSP Forum Index -> Forum Archive
View previous topic :: View next topic  
CombinedNSP
Site Admin

PostPosted: Dec Sat 16, 2006 5:23 pm    Post subject: Carbohydrates Reply with quote

Carbohydrates

In recent years, science has revealed the many destructive and serious implications of being overweight. Nature's Sunshine Carbo Grabbers help your body to partially block the digestion of some dietary starches. Carbo Grabbers is a non-stimulant dietary supplement derived from kidney beans. Kidney beans naturally contain an ingredient that safely prevents the digestion of some starchy carbohydrates and may reduce the available calories your body may otherwise convert to fat.

(Recent studies have shown that the equivalent of 2 capsules of this white bean extract effectively blocks 50 percent of the carbohydrates in a meal. Another study showed a 10 lb/month weight loss without any change in diet or exercise. In these studies, the amylase inhibitor also reduced after-meal increases in plasma concentrations of glucose and insulin.)

We recommend this unique formula in conjunction with diet and exercise to help you achieve your weight loss goals.

Nature's Sunshine has over 30 years' experience in the industry and unsurpassed quality assurance. Try Carbo Grabbers today! -Georgiana
- - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Q: What would someone suggest for a person who has been ordered by their doctor to go on a high protein, low carbohydrate diet? Due to health reasons, can not use any products containing ephedra. Using NSP Fat Grabbers just make the constipation worse (even when drinking approx. 80-100 ounces of water daily). -Deborah
My advice to that person is to get a new doctor. High protein diets are foolish because they make the pH of the blood shift toward the acid end of the scale, resulting in many health problems including obesity. Doctors are just as much the victims of this scam as lay people. They need to eat more fruits and vegetables and complex carbohydrates. (Avoid refined foods, especially white flour and sugar and any products containing them.) Such a diet is high in fiber and will aid constipation problems more than any other. If they will go on a vegan diet (no animal products at all, including eggs and dairy) and eat only natural foods concentrating on vegetables, they will lose more excess weight than is possible with any dietary supplement and in a shorter period of time. High Protein Dieting Is Bull! It is the biggest bunch of quackery that has been released on the American public in a good long time! -Duane
The Zone Diet would be excellent for this person. It is a balance of your fruits & veggies, your meat and your fats. . . . Several books are available on this. . . It is NOT just high protein tho. The person needs to shy away from grain carbs . . not fresh fruits and veggies.

They probably got stopped up from Fat Grabbers because they NEED a bowel cleanse. You might start them on CleanStart or Dr Jacks Bowel Cleanse (search FAQ page) - get their bowels cleaned out and working (they'll probably lose weight just from that) and then switch over to the Fat Grabbers.

They need the fresh produce and no sugar producing foods (grains, pasta, potatoes, carrots, beans) . . . lots of water - then they will probably be able to handle Fat Grabbers - they MAY need LBS-II and/or Senna Combo to assist at that point.

I lost 20pounds on the Zone diet alone, and 50 total with the zone and then using one of NSP's diet products. -Georgiana
I agree with Georgiana. The fact that you will be increasing your proteins and reducing your carbs will increase your calorie burning. In order to use stored fat, you have to increase protein. If you are eating to many carbs and not enough protein, your body will store the fat and get the protein from your lean muscle, thus reducing your calorie burning capacity.

I have found that by eating 5 small meals a day with a protein to start out with, this has increased my metabolism. People who are on Thyroid Stimulating Hormone cannot take Ephedra. It really interrupts the absorption of TSH. It is very difficult to loose weight while eating dairy, wheat and corn so avoid these foods. For a good fiber try the Natures Three. It is gentle and will produce a movement 6-8 hours after consuming. Take it at night. I also found that I follow this diet all week and take one day off to eat what ever I want. Weight loss to date: 74 pounds with no stimulants. -Suzanne
I was ordered by a doctor for the same HOWEVER he did not condone the "Atkins" diet which all meat and cheese is good and less veggies and grains. I did a food combining diet in which I had one meal of complex carbos once a day (preferably in a.m. or noon) then a high protein in evening. ALL meals included veggies. One meal included complex grains (no sugars, white flours, white rice, etc.). I could have fruit separate and at timed intervals taken alone.

This was not merely to lose weight (which I have not really been able to do due to health situation) but for adrenal problems and a heart condition. Please find out exactly what type of high protein diet the doctor recommended before assuming he is a bad doctor and changing. The doctor that recommended this diet for me works almost completely with homeopathics, herbs and vitamins and is still an M.D. I would not say he was a bad doctor as the diet has changed my health for the better.

As for fat grabbers ... they are a fiber and fiber can bind a person up in an unbalanced colon. I would recommend taking LBS (1/2 to 1) each time Fat Grabbers are consumed.... BUT I would take Bowel Detox also to balance the colon. I suspect Bifidophilus would also be in order as I don't know of anyone who has had unhealthy eating that doesn't benefit from Bifidophilus. -Sherry
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Nature's Sunshine Products NSP Forum Index -> Forum Archive All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: