Nature's Sunshine Products NSP Forum Index Nature's Sunshine Products NSP
For customer and distributor discussions of Nature's Sunshine Products. Not an official site of NSP.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Canker Sores

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Nature's Sunshine Products NSP Forum Index -> Forum Archive
View previous topic :: View next topic  
CombinedNSP
Site Admin

PostPosted: Dec Sat 16, 2006 6:36 pm    Post subject: Canker Sores Reply with quote

Canker Sores

Prevention:
L-Lysine and/or Calcium with PDA for absorption (see CALCIUM).

Editor's Note: We find most canker sores are caused by calcium deficiencies rather than a lysine deficiency as commonly thought. Stress burns extra calcium and canker sores usually occur during times of stress.

Treatment:
Gargle daily with a few drops of Tea Tree Oil or apply Golden Seal/Parthenium Extract to sores.
Increase calcium intake.
Kay Lubecke
From Recipes for Success Card Reference File:
(c) Lubecke Enterprises, Inc. 1998
- - - - - - - - - - - - - -
White Oak Bark is very good for prevention of canker sores. -Brenda
Q: My wife has had trouble with canker sores for many years. When they have been particularly bad she has gone to the doctor but has never received any help. They don't seem to know what causes the sores in the mouth. Has anyone had experience with this problem and found a remedy in herbal supplements? Please don't just guess at this if your experience has not been either personal or someone very close to you. Thanks. -Russell Whisler
I use l-lysine and VS-C for canker sores. I do not get them hardly at all any more and when I do I get rid of them very quickly. Good luck. -Lisa Piephoff
I used to get canker sores in my mouth all the time if I wasn't taking handfuls of B Complex vitamins daily. Finally narrowed it down to a Zinc deficiency. Without Zinc the enzymes needed to assimilate the B's are not available. I had to take a lot daily for about a week. -Marty Kliesh
Our family has a history of canker sores. We first eliminated fluoride from our dental care. We also take l-lysine daily. I also brush with a drop of Tea Tree Oil on my toothpaste. Heals up existing sores quickly. Hope this helps. -Anita Thomas
A friend of mine has a huge canker sore on her upper lip, and wants to know what she can do for it? -Liz
Are you sure she doesn't have a "cold sore" or "Fever Blister"? Generally canker sore's are inside the mouth, not on the lips. I find probiotics helpful for this. But, for a cold sore (herpes virus), you would want to use VS-C and/or L-Lysine. Make sure to take enough. Once the sore erupts, it takes quite a bit. . . . but then she can prevent it from happening again by taking a maintenance dosage of L-Lysine daily. -Georgiana
I had canker sores constantly for over 25 years. After a lot of trial and error, I eliminated coffee totally. Have not had a canker sore in over 5 years. -Duane Platt
Just take vitamin C and they will disappear. -Henry
I have had great luck with Tea Tree Oil directly on the sore. If it is in the mouth, it tastes pretty nasty, but will clear it up quickly and take away the pain. At the first sign of a cancer sore, apply the Tea Tree Oil and continue to apply whenever you think of it. -Kathy Davis
I used to get canker sores all the time, but I stopped biting my nails, and never put my fingers in my mouth.. they never come back. The foods listed as causing them are usually eaten with the fingers or you end up licking them. Stop doing that. Stressed?.. do you bite your nails? stop that too. If I accidentally get a finger in my mouth.. I get some the next day. For me, this is the cause. But I have washed with anti-bacterial soap..and makes no difference. Try this.. nothing to buy! And I get way fewer colds as a bonus. -Leo Yekalb
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Nature's Sunshine Products NSP Forum Index -> Forum Archive All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: