Nature's Sunshine Products NSP Forum Index Nature's Sunshine Products NSP
For customer and distributor discussions of Nature's Sunshine Products. Not an official site of NSP.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Canine - Hot Spots

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Nature's Sunshine Products NSP Forum Index -> Forum Archive
View previous topic :: View next topic  
CombinedNSP
Site Admin

PostPosted: Dec Sat 16, 2006 6:37 pm    Post subject: Canine - Hot Spots Reply with quote

Canine - Hot Spots

I was wondering if it could be either allergies or skin mites. Try him on Una de Gato (6 capsules or 1/2 tsp+ X 2) do this for a few days for immune system. Then try Ayurvedic Skin Detox and maybe some Black Walnut. Do you muscle test?
Probably 3 X 2 of the Ayurvedic Skin Detox and 4 X 2 of the Black Walnut. Oh, try a couple Evening Primrose Oil caps also. -Georgiana Duncan
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
I had this problem with my dog! They are called "Hot Spots" and they can become quite annoying to the animal!

First thing you need to do is stop the animal from licking and biting the area so that you can apply some NSP products to heal the hot spot.. When I had the problem the only way I could stop her from licking and biting was to purchase a "cone" to place around the animals head (looks like your dog is wearing a lamp shade around their head). Also it helps if you can shave the hair around the hot spot.

I have applied "Herbal Trim" to hot spots with great results, but here is a mixture for the really tough ones:
2 oz Pau d'Arco lotion
2 oz. Aloe Vera Gel
1/2 bottle of Tea Tree oil
4 dropperful with a lack of essential fatty acids in pet foods. Clean up the pet's diet. Add Herbal Trace Minerals, Garlic and HSN-W
-J.Davis
Her skin broke out all over her body and her hair fell out. We got her through that, but then she started to have scabs and yellow sticky stuff coming out all over her back.
My sister's black lab had this. Turned out he had thyroid problems. We used NSP for thyroid support - don't remember exactly, but I think it was Thyroid Activator and TS II. The herbs worked, but not as quickly as she wanted - dog had nasty disposition related to his illness - so sis ended up going to the vet who confirmed low thyroid and gave the dog prescription meds. "Gus" is all better now! -Loretta Labrada
Q: The herbs worked, but not as quickly as she wanted - dog had nasty disposition related to his illness - so sis ended up going to the vet who confirmed low thyroid and gave the dog prescription meds.
- - - - - - - - - - - - - -
The catch to this may have been the quantity. TS II might work the best in quantities of 5, three times a day the first two days - then adjust. Beware tho - the dog will be very hyper. -Georgiana Duncan
I have a great dane who has had skin problems like you have described. Some days it look headed and then hours later it is red and purple with bumps on it. I have tried, Tea Tree Oil, Echinacea, bowel cleanse, putting corn starch on it, changing food. All these things worked for a while. Finally took him to my naturalpathic doc. She said to try NSP Homeopathic Candida remedy, it works really fast on animals. And make sure his food has no sugar of yeast. So I am waiting to get the remedy and will let you know what happens.. I had another person at a park tell me he has a yeast infection because of his red blistery skin. -Susan Reuter
I've heard on this forum that Liquid Chlorophyl is a mild bowel stimulant. You could put it in the dog's water. Supposed to help their breath too. :-) -Bonnie Toney
We have a Pit Bull mixed and he also had "hot spots" where he would scratch himself raw. They are all gone now and this is what we did for them. ALJ sprinkled on his food one capsule twice daily, HSN-W one capsule sprinkled on his food twice daily, and we put Aloe Vera Gel on the spots. Within a month they were gone and he now sleeps better and does not scratch at all. -Bill Witten
A few things come to mind.
Have you checked her diet to make sure she/he doesn't have allergies? Have you tried Oregon Grape? It has worked well for my dogs when they have had skin problems; also Chinese Blood Build. I didn't have luck at first with these, but I wasn't giving them enough. When I increased the amounts, I got great results. (I tend to stray to the cautious side. I am getting bolder.) Could you set up some kind of temporary shelter (i.e. make-shift tarp/lean-to?) till the bad weather passes? I added some Psyllium Hulls to my dog's food to help him eliminate more completely. This might help your dog as well, as it will fill his colon and give him a stronger urge. -Peggy Day
My dog did not get to the point of raw spots, but she was scratching so hard I was afraid she would hurt herself. I give her a big splash of Whole Leaf Aloe Vera every morning and she loves it, and no more scratching.
-Kathy Wood
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Nature's Sunshine Products NSP Forum Index -> Forum Archive All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: