Nature's Sunshine Products NSP Forum Index Nature's Sunshine Products NSP
For customer and distributor discussions of Nature's Sunshine Products. Not an official site of NSP.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Candida - Diet

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Nature's Sunshine Products NSP Forum Index -> Forum Archive
View previous topic :: View next topic  
CombinedNSP
Site Admin

PostPosted: Dec Sat 16, 2006 6:39 pm    Post subject: Candida - Diet Reply with quote

Candida - Diet

Whitman's 21-Day Candida Program

Whitman's 21 day program for candida is basically no carbohydrates;
simple, complex, period. What happens, just like in making bread, sugar feeds yeast. Carbohydrates are turned into sugars, then in turn feed the yeast (candida).

So for 21 days, one eliminates carbohydrates totally from the diet EXCEPT in the form of vegetables. And eats nothing but protein, fat & veggies. There is a bit more to it than that, but that's the basic.

With supplements, I use Caprylic Acid 6-day. Flora Force 6-day. And
either Yarrow, Pau d'Arco or Marshmallow, depending on where the symptoms are, generally 6-day too.

I have had DRAMATIC results with it. I'm a private "practice" naturopath that uses NSP, so I have much more one-on-one contact with "unnoticible symptoms". It is incredible what things disappear! One of my clients came to me for arthritis symptoms & after doing the 21 days came to me & said that she realized that she had had a constant daily headache for years & didn't realize it... It's amazing to find what you didn't know you had! But are grateful it's gone!!!!
- - - - - - - - - - - - - -
CAN HAVE:
Herb tea
water
lemon or chlorophyll to flavor water
Decaffeinated beverages
almond milk
unsweetened cereals
oatmeal, oat bran
Almonds, almond butter
sunflower seeds
pumpkin seeds
brazil nuts
puffed rice cakes
legumes
beans
peas
millet
lentils
corn
buckwheat
soybeans, soy products
grains
brown rice
potatoes in moderation
chicken
fish
lean beef lamb or veal
eggs in moderation
all vegetables
make sure there is no sugar vinegar or additives
yogurt plain low fat
1 glass skim milk daily
cold pressed olive oil, sesame oil, or almond oil
spices herbs, sea salt, homemade mayonnaise, ½ lemon daily for salad dressing

Cannot HAVE FOLLOWING:
carbonated drinks
alcoholic drinks, beer, wine, liquor
fruit juices
any drink with natural or artificial sweeteners
no sugars are allowed (no sucrose, dextrose, galactose, fructose, corn sweeteners, syrups, molasses, sorghum or honey)
fruits: fresh, dried, frozen or canned

Yeast Products:
bread, crackers, some all rye yeast free kinds can be tolerated)
brewers yeast
any product with yeast added
Fermented and Mold Foods:
cheeses
cultured dairy products
buttermilk
mushrooms
cider vinegar
mustard
catsup
relish(any condiments made with vinegar)
peanuts, peanut butter or peanut products

Hard Fats:
any fat that is solid at room temperature margarine or hydrogenated oils

Processed Meats:
cured or dried meats or fish
ham, hot dogs, lunch meat, sausage
In general any fresh meat in water

Refined Foods:
products containing white flour
white rice
Carbohydrates: must be limited to 80 Grams daily
Protein: less than 30%
Vegetables: at Least 40% of Diet
(This Program Should Be Used till Candida Point Tests Strong(left Hand Thumb and Ring Finger Held Together While Right Arm Is Muscle Tested) (Three Weeks Minimum)

Supplement Suggestions:
1) Weaken the candida with the diet
2) Kill candida: Caprylic Acid OR Caprylimune
3) Remove the dead candida from liver: Chinese Liver Balance, Liver Cleanse Formula, LIV-J, etc.,
Chinese Tiao He Cleanse
4) Clean bowels: Chinese Tiao He Cleanse, LBS II, LB-X, Cascara Sagrada, etc
5) Increase essential fatty acids: Omega 3, Flax Oil, etc
increase friendly bacteria: Bifidophilus, Acidophilus
6) Drink one quart of Pau d'Arco tea daily
7) Take supplemental Garlic
8) Nourish the body system that appears to be weakened
This program was put together by Dr. Elaine Newkirk and given to me at a CNHP seminar
-Look at a health food store or coop for yeast free breads and spelt pasta
-consider making fresh vegetable juices
-Chlorophyll is good water flavor enhancer and helps rid body of dead candida.

For children - would sit down and explain why you are doing this and tell them to let you know how it makes them feel. My son when 7 yrs did well on this restricted program when he recognized that it made him feel better, he stayed on it willingly. Get some oat flour ( or make in your blender with oatmeal)and other approved flours to cook with)

I didn't use them at the time (we didn't have them 10 yrs ago when I was working on this) but Candida Homeopathic and Colloidal Silver would be worth looking in to. Also Tea Tree Oil, (can drink a couple drops in water)
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Candida Breakfast Recipes
Candida Pancakes
1 egg 1-1/4 cup spelt & kamut flour 2 Tablespoons Canola oil
1 Tablespoon baking powder 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
1-1/2 cup or more EdenBlend Rice and Soy blend
Mix all together and make as usual pancakes. Use spectrum spread or ghee(clarified butter) on top. Sprinkle with cinnamon and roll up.

Turkey Sausage
1 lb. ground turkey 1 teaspoon sea salt 1 teaspoon sage
Mix altogether; make patties and cook in frying pan.

Cheese Eggs
2 eggs 1 slice Rice Slice American rice cheese (in pieces)
Scramble eggs and add pieces of the "cheese"; As eggs cook, cheese will melt and be a little gooey. (how we liked it). May cook more. -Bonnie Toney
Candida Lunch Recipes
Turkey Burgers
Make patties with ground turkey. Fry with slice of Rice Slice American "cheese". Use on spelt bread (no yeast or sugar); use nonfat plain yogurt in place of mayo. Use Tree of Life mustard (with apple cider vinegar)

Almond butter sandwich
Use roasted almond butter in place of peanut butter. Use spelt bread or Ryvita crackers. When you are able to add fruit (usually 4 weeks)
slice banana very thinly instead of jam.

Tuna or egg salad
Use tuna or boiled eggs with nonfat plain yogurt on spelt bread, Ryvita crackers or rice crackers

Lemon Water
Squeeze a fresh lemon, add about 8-10 oz. pure water and 10-20 drops of stevia depending on taste. This is also good warmed up into a hot drink. -Bonnie Toney
Candida Snacks
Sultan brand hummus on rice crackers or "legal" corn chips.
Brown rice cakes
Non-fat plain yogurt with about 5 drops of stevia per ½ cup.
Celery sticks with almond butter

Homemade Eggnog
2 sm. eggs or 1 extra large egg, pinch of sea salt
8-10 drops stevia
1 cup EdenBlend Rice and Soy blend
1/4 tsp. vanilla (Spicery Shoppe)
In blender, blend eggs, stevia & salt. Add rice and soy blend and vanilla. Add 1 ice cube and blend. Pour into glasses and sprinkle with nutmeg.

"Milk" shakes
Put a scoop or two of Vanilla Rice dream (non-dairy dessert) in blender with about 1/2 cup of vanilla or carob Rice Dream beverage and blend.
-Bonnie Toney
Candida Suppers
Instead of every recipe, I will tell you what we ate with the substitutions necessary. This way, you can make a lot of what your family already eats, only candida style.

Meat loaf (made with ground turkey and crushed rice crackers instead of bread crumbs. Instead of ketchup, we melted Rice Slice American "cheese" on top.

Tacos made with corn tortillas, ground beef, Rice Slice American "cheese", tomatoes, lettuce , onions.

Chili with unsweetened tomato paste and tomato sauce.
Spaghetti with spelt spaghetti and any sugarless spaghetti sauce.
Salmon patties using 1 can salmon mixed with 1 egg and 1/2 cup crushed rice crackers made into patties and fried in canola oil. Top with lemon juice.

Chicken parts in a browning bag using spelt flour inside to make chicken spelt gravy.

Boars head meat found in most grocery stores - they have sugarless hot dogs, sliced turkey, sliced roast beef (all sugarless)

Stir fry veggies, add chicken pieces and sprinkle with Tree of Life Tamari Sauce (no sugar or vinegar). Can serve over brown rice.

Diane's Goulash
1 lb. gr. turkey, 1/4 cup gr. pepper, chopped, 1/4 cup chopped onion. Brown this together and drain. Add 1-1/2 cup kamut noodles and 1 cup water plus one 15 oz. can of sugarless tomato sauce. Simmer 15 min. Remove from heat and let sit 5 minutes before eating.

Chili Tostados
Layer in this order: corn tortilla, strip of Rice Slice American "cheese", 2 spoonfuls of cooked brown rice, 2 spoonfuls of candida
chili. Warm in microwave. Add toppings.
I often replace chili with black beans
-Bonnie Toney
Eating out, candida style
Vacationing or eating out is a challenge. The only 2 places (I'm sure there are more) we found while on vacation were Waffle House and Wendy's. At Wendy's, you can get a piece of their grilled chicken without the bread or condiments, a baked potato (candida diets allow sparingly) and salad. (You can bring your own dressing which I will post below).

Waffle House has grilled chicken and eggs for breakfast. That's about all we found.

In a place with a buffet, there are salad bars, vegetables and some baked fish. Check with the waitress for ingredients.

Candida Salad dressing
1/3 cup pure water, 1/3 cup olive oil, 1/8 cup fresh lemon juice.,
1 small garlic clove, crushed or 1/4 tsp. garlic powder, 1/8 tsp. dried or 1 tsp fresh basil, 1/8 tsp. dried or 1 tsp. fresh oregano,
1/8 tsp. dried or 1 tsp fresh parsley
In screw type jar, mix together and refrigerate. Best when chilled. -Bonnie Toney
Bifidophilus is the first thing that you should try, the Bifidophilus competes for survival against other organisms in the intestinal tract, especially with candida yeast. Bifidophilus is benign so you want to encourage the Bifidophilus against the candida population.

Cleaning the intestinal tract of candida will help with cleaning the rest of your body because that is where most of it is. Bifidophilus is weakened by acidic beverages and foods, fluoridated water, and antibiotics. Lay off the sugar as much as you can, drink pure water. -Nina Jacobson
- - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Candida Program: Whitman's 21-day
Whitman's 21-day program for candida is basically no carbohydrate; simple, complex, period. What happens, just like in making bread, sugar feeds yeast. Carbohydrates are turned into sugars, then in turn feed the yeast (candida).

So for 21 days, one eliminates carbohydrates totally from the diet EXCEPT in the form of vegetables. And eats nothing but protein, fat & veggies. There is a bit more to it than that, but that's the basic.

With supplements, I use Caprylic Acid 6-day. Flora Force 6-day. And either Yarrow, Pau d'Arco or Marshmallow, depending on where the symptoms are, generally 6-day too.

I have had DRAMATIC results with it. I'm a private "practice" naturopath that uses NSP, so I have much more one-on-one contact with "unnoticeable and a constant daily headache for years & didn't realize it... It's amazing to find what you didn't know you had! But are grateful it's gone! -Janel Messenger
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Nature's Sunshine Products NSP Forum Index -> Forum Archive All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: