Nature's Sunshine Products NSP Forum Index Nature's Sunshine Products NSP
For customer and distributor discussions of Nature's Sunshine Products. Not an official site of NSP.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Cancer - Prostate

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Nature's Sunshine Products NSP Forum Index -> Forum Archive
View previous topic :: View next topic  
CombinedNSP
Site Admin

PostPosted: Dec Sat 16, 2006 6:45 pm    Post subject: Cancer - Prostate Reply with quote

Cancer - Prostate

Cancer Cells – Immune Stimulator

Wouldn't Immune Stimulator help the cancer cells to grow? -Kathy MacLaren
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
It causes healthy cells to grow and cancer cells to die off. -Kimberly Balas
No, it wouldn't. Cancer comes when the immune system is weak along of course with other weakened systems like digestion etc. Use along with Protease Plus. -Inge Wetzel
I heard a gentleman on the radio today who overcame Prostate cancer with changing the PH of his body and doing serious parasite cleanses. He used a product comparable to our ParaCleanse over a long period, and changed his diet considerably. He noted that when he got well, he was better than he was before the cancer due to the fact that his body was balanced. So one very important component is optimum nutrition which really makes for a healthy sex life. so check to see what these men are eating. -Joan Kasich
Reducing Prostate Problems with Herbal Remedies

Q: I AM in my late 50s and for the past two years. I've been troubled by difficulties in urinating. Even though the urge to urinate is strong, I find that I have to wait a while before I start passing water. I have been plagued by sleepless nights due to the constant urge to get up and urinate. My doctor explained that gradual enlargement of the prostate gland is to blame for my problems and suggested surgery. Frankly, it scares me and I would prefer to try a herbal approach first.

A: THERE are a few herbs that have excellent results for prostate problems. The most revered one is a small palm plant called Saw Palmetto, also known by its botanical name Serenoa serrulata. The part of the plant for therapeutic purpose is the berry or fruit. You will be interested to know that in Germany, Italy and France, 90 per cent of patients suffering from prostate enlargement are treated with herbal medicine consisting of herbs like Saw Palmetto, Pumpkin Seed and Nettle. More than 50 per cent of German doctors (in particular urologists) prefer plant-based medicine compared to chemically-derived drugs. This is typical of European countries where herbal medicine is more mainstream. Saw Palmetto berries have been tested in clinical trials and results show improved signs and symptoms of enlarged prostrates, such as difficulty with urination, frequency of urination at night, urine flow and the size of an enlarged prostate. In all cases, the treatment was free of side effects and more than 88 per cent of patients found the herb beneficial. Start off with 3,000mg equivalent of dry saw palmetto berries daily. Dosage may be reduced after 6-8 weeks. A low maintenance dose, such as 1,000mg daily, can be used as a preventive measure to tone and maintain the health of the aging prostate. It is also a good idea to include a Zinc supplement, as this mineral is paramount to the overall treatment plan. Regular checkups with your doctor are still advisable. © 2000 NEW STRAITS TIMES-MANAGEMENT TIMES http://healthy.net/library/news/story.asp?Id=1138
Prostate Cancer & Incontinence

See if you can teach him how to Kegel. This may help to strengthen the pelvic floor muscles. Drink small frequent amounts of water—not any 16 oz. "bladder busters." Combination K and the PS would be what I'd consider. Because the surgery was only two weeks ago, I'd also look to doing some stuff to heal this up—like drinking aloe juice and taking lots of Slippery Elm internally with a vitamin E (400 i.u. with selenium). Do they consider this surgery successful? What else does he have going on? Because of the short time, and the desire not to go on, I'd also add AD-C. 4 caps every 2-4 hours or so. This will help to lift the moods as well as the organs. All these suggestions would also be dependent on the meds he's taking. -Angelica
Incontinence is a problem for a great majority of these patients...these suggestions seem good. -Sammye Lamb
Post Prostate Cancer Question

My uncle recently had prostrate surgery. They did get all the cancer, but now he is having hot flashes. They are really bothering him, and he wants suggestions. -Anita Thomas
For your uncle's protection he needs to know that sometimes prostate cancer will come back with in a couple of years. He needs to take this time to change his body terrain that grew the cancer in the first place. Detox and eat only organic foods. I have had several clients with active prostate cancer become cancer free. DETOX! -Elaine Nerland
I'm going to just make a stab at logic here. We find that most women's hot flashes are liver problem. It's an attempt at cleansing. Your uncle has just gone through surgery and there is anesthesia in his liver. Homeopathic Detox or a mild liver cleanser might do the trick. -Marty Kliesh
Cancer - Prostate & Dairy

You don't need a degree in endocrinology to know that hormones are responsible for exerting powerful effects on the human body. What man is not aware that internal secretions of estrogen are the "magical" essence of a woman's behavioral mystique? Conversely, women have learned that most of the bad and some of the good that men do can be explained by their levels of testosterone. Estrogen and testosterone are steroid hormones, and levels of these chemicals in the body define sexuality and regulate behavior.

The human body also manufactures protein hormones. Adrenaline is a protein hormone, and so is insulin. Human growth hormone is also a protein. These hormones are responsible for metabolic functioning and "internal housekeeping." Twenty-five years ago, a POWERFUL growth hormone was discovered in the human body. This hormone was much more powerful than human growth hormone. Scientists observed that it resembled INSULIN, so it was named "insulin-like" growth factor, or IGF-I. The resemblance ends when the potency of IGF-I is compared to insulin. IGF-I is 30-times more potent than insulin. (Kleinman, PEDIATRICS, June, 1992, p. 1105)

Hundreds of studies have identified IGF-I as a KEY factor in the growth of prostate cancer. That hormone is a PERFECT MATCH between humans and cows. Eat pizza with mozzarella or Parmesan on pasta, ice cream or yogurt, and you deliver this hormone to your body.

SCIENCE magazine was founded by Thomas Edison in the late 1880's. This prestigious journal is read by over 500,000 scientists every week. On January 23rd, 1998 (vol. 279. p. 563), IGF-I was identified as the key factor in prostate cancer. Nowhere in that article was it mentioned that there are forty-seven hundred species of mammal, and millions of different proteins in nature, and that IGF-I is IDENTICAL in humans and cows.
An important link to prostate cancer was published in the July issue of the BRITISH JOURNAL OF CANCER (July 2000, p. 95). Oxford researchers determined that a diet without meat or dairy products could reduce the risk of contracting prostate cancer. The authors cite earlier studies suggesting that high levels of IGF-I play a key role in causing prostate cancer. One year ago, a study published in the JOURNAL OF THE AMERICAN DIETETIC ASSOCIATION demonstrated that drinking milk increases IGF-I levels increase by a factor of 10%. (JADA, Heaney, October 1999, p. 1228).

"Milk and Prostate Cancer: The Evidence Mounts" is the latest article from the Physicians Committee for Responsible Medicine (PCRM). Physician and founder Neil Barnard writes this must-read column:
http://www.pcrm.org/health/Dairy_and_Prostate_Cancer/d_p_article.html
Please share this newsletter with your friends. Please copy today's column and give it to any friend, relative, or associate who is a candidate for, or has been diagnosed with, prostate cancer. Robert Cohen http://www.notmilk.com
-Robert Cohen
Meat and Milk Firmly Linked to Prostate Cancer Deaths
By Maggie Fox – Reuters Health and Science Correspondent 11-4-98
Washington (Reuters) - Men who eat the most meat and dairy products are the most likely to die from prostate cancer, while those who eat plenty of grains and nuts are the least likely to succumb to the disease, an international study showed Wednesday. A survey of prostate cancer deaths in 59 countries showed that diet is strongly linked to mortality from the disease, the second-biggest cancer killer of men after lung cancer. "Animal energy was positively associated with prostate cancer mortality,'' James Hebert of the University of Massachusetts Medical School and his colleagues wrote in a report in the Journal of the National Cancer Institute. "Overall, we observed protective effects from higher levels of intake of cereals, nuts and oil seeds (which include soy consumption) and fish,'' they wrote. They found what a number of other studies looking at diet's role in heart disease and cancer have found -- that the plant-based diets found in many less-advanced societies are the healthiest, as long as people get enough to eat. "Our results showed that prostate cancer mortality is positively associated with dietary factors associated with affluence, including estimated intakes of energy, total fat and animal products (specifically milk, meat and poultry),'' they wrote. "On the other hand, intakes of cereals, soybeans, other nuts and oilseeds, and fish were negatively associated with prostate cancer mortality,'' they added. They noted that several studies have proposed a mechanism for this. "For prostate cancer and cancers of other sites that are sensitive to serum (blood) hormone levels, animal fat may influence the risk for cancer by raising adult's sex hormone levels,'' they wrote. Prostate cancer is linked with testosterone levels, and is often treated by cutting testosterone production -- sometimes by surgical or chemical castration. Breast cancer in women is linked with estrogen levels -- and has also been linked with a high-fat diet. Hebert's team noted that black American men have a prostate cancer rate that is 40 percent higher than the rate found in white men, and that black men tend to have higher testosterone levels. Colon cancer, the third-biggest cancer killer in the United States, has also been linked with a diet high in animal fat and low in fruits, vegetables and whole grains. Hebert's team looked at the numbers in several different ways. Men who drank the most alcohol were also the most likely to die from prostate cancer, while those who ate the most soy products were the least likely to die. They said it was not entirely clear whether fish had a protective effect, because the men who ate the most fish also ate the most soy.

Both fish and soy contain Omega-Three Fatty Acids, which have been shown in tests to inhibit the growth of tumors. The researchers noted that the lowest death rates from prostate cancer are in countries such as Japan, where people eat a great deal of soy and fish and less meat. The differences persisted even when the environment, exercise and other factors were considered. "On the basis of the results of this study and other studies, it appears that the Western diet may contribute to the risk for prostate cancer mortality,'' they concluded.
That is true because the man who came to me with a month to live who had Prostate Cancer was even told my his medic that it was the excessive meat that he ate in his life. -J. Thaxter)
Do you all believe this study would have the same results if the meat and poultry were raised without the addition of hormones/chemicals? And which hormones are fed to cattle and chickens? Estrogen/Testosterone? A combination? In other words, is it the hormone additives that affect the prostate, etc., or the actual meat itself? -Margaret Johnson
I believe it's the hormone additives. Last year I had a negative pap smear and fibroids. I changed my diet and started eating only beef and chicken that were free of hormones and antibiotics. Of course, I also took supplements. My next pap smear was normal and the fibroids were gone. Since then I have continued to buy the beef and poultry that were free of these additives. Since switching I have also noticed that my hot flashes have diminished, but since I still eat out occasionally, I am still getting some regular beef and chicken with the additives. I have no idea what hormones they are adding, but whatever it is, it certainly made a difference in my bod! -Nedra Denison
- - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Q: A client has prostate cancer. The doctor gave him a shot to slow down the growth, and wants to do surgery in a couple of months. He is getting hot flashes (side effect of the shot), and would like to get some relief from them herbally. Would Flash Ease help him? Any suggestions? -Kathy
I would try Red Clover and Vitamin E with Selenium. He is probably being given Estrogen in some form and I think (correct me if Im wrong here) adding more estrogenic herbs might make it worse. How about Evening Primrose also. We use these quiet often to help women with hot flashes, it might just help him. -Suzanne
Dear Kathy: Some times prostate problems are brought on a congested and toxic colon putting pressure on the prostate. I Would suggest colon cleansing (CleanStart)and juice fasting (also Ultimate GreenZone and/or Liquid Chlorophyll). -Louise Rosen
Get him off coffee and caffeine products, even chocolate too. This alone helped my husband a lot. Get his pH up, with lots of Calcium/Mag, Coral Calcium, per the brochure. Cancer won't grown in a high pH environment. -Leila North
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Q: Have a friend who called wanting to know what to do for no appetite. He has prostrate cancer which as spread to his rib, leg and somewhere else I can't recall. Any suggestions. He is taking only pain medication which is causing dry mouth. Thanks. -Marianne
I have helped a few with cancer (prostate) (with good results) with the following: *E-Tea as directed on bottle *Men's Formula (prostate) *75mg of Zinc if trouble urinating *1 tbsp message oil with 9 drops Frankincense in a syringe injected about an 1"-1 1/2" in to the rectum every other day (for the cancer). -Herman
Saw Palmetto is indicated traditionally for increasing appetite and wasting diseases. And I have two success stories, maybe more with using Pau D'Arco. It can be used in capsules or tea and should be used over a long period of time. (year or more) Results will be seen before that, just make sure its all gone. I also highly recommend Herbal Pumpkin. -Virginia Dassler
- - - - - - - - - - - - -
A week ago I started a 48 yr. old man, with advanced prostate cancer, on the Paw Paw program. He told me today, that he wants to stop. He is nauseous, lacking energy, and doesn't want to eat. He is taking 4 Paw Paw, 2 oz. Noni, 6 protease plus, 6 Immune Stimulator, and 2 Super Supplemental per day. Before this program, he had been taking 4 Super Supplemental, and felt great, and wants to go back to just that. I explained that taking just SS was not going to address the cancer. Can anyone tell me if they have had experience with these side effects, and will they go away if he continues on these herbs. He said that he will try them for one more week. He had tried other alternative treatments a couple of years ago, and also radiation and drugs to suppress testosterone, so he knows that he really does not have a lot of options left. He feels that his body is trying to let him know that something in this program is not good for him. Thank you for your help. -Kathy
I'm wondering if it's because he isn't on anything for the bowels? That in itself could contribute to the prostate cancer -- and if he's cleansing (Paw Paw for cancer) and not getting rid of the debris in a timely fashion -- that would make him nauseous and deplete his energy. Believe me, if he had chemo, he'd find out all about being constipated, sick and tired.

I have my daughter on 12 Paw Paw a day, Immune Simulator and protease + -- besides her normal Food Enzymes, Psyllium & LBS II. She stopped taking the Noni and multi vits because Kim said Dr M really doesn't like ANY antioxidants on the cancer program. My daughters cancer markers were high (don't know HOW high -- but over 40 for sure). . . after a month on the Paw Paw program, her cancer markers dropped to 12. Almost UNBELIEVABLE!!! We're thrilled!! -Georgiana
Georgiana is right no antioxidants which means no Noni; minimum super supplementals; Etc

Now remember if one because nauseated back off one Paw Paw till no longer nauseated

I also agree with G on something for the bowels If the toxins aren't moving .... they fester.... also with prostrate if one has not cleansed then the dried on stuff buts pressure on the prostrate .. I can not think if the black ladies name from South Chicago but she has done wonders with bowel cleansing

Also diet is important I personally believe that ALL cancer folks need to be on the Budwig Diet .. .which is a flaxseed based diet

I also learned a lot about the proper way to take flaxseed from this. -Richard Ask
My upline managers always discuss how people sometimes get sick when they are on colon cleanses and parasite cleanses because the bitter herbs are upsetting the parasites in the system and it makes the person sick, so putting them on something like the homeopathic Parasite or Olive leaf would help deal with the parasites and the person should feel better, but continue to cleanse and get those parasites and toxins out! -Marguerite
There are lots of options for cancer, if the Paw-Paw is nauseating just take a little less. Some people cannot handle the Noni. Consider E-Tea drank as a tea to open the liver and eliminate poisons as well as being sure he is drinking enough water and having 2-4 bowel movements daily. -Desiree
A man 62 with prostate cancer. should he take only 4 Paw Paw Cell Reg a day? Would more be effective?

Has Noni and Protease Plus. Anything else? Is taking licorice root to help stop smoking -Carol
Everything I've read says the 4 a day is enough. It will not harm you to take more but don't need it and it could make you vomit it out. Let me know how you are doing... I'm currently taking it for Prostate Cancer. Also your PSA will rise for a short time after you start. -Carl
Hello all......I'm wondering if Noni is still part of the recommended Paw Paw Cell-Reg regimen recommended for cancer patients. My father-in-law was just diagnosed with the very early stages of prostrate cancer (out of 22 biopsy spots, 3 showed cancerous cells). As you probably already know, the options given by the dr. are the radiation seed treatments or a radical surgery, removing the prostrate. With the radiation seed, he would not be allowed to hold his young grandchildren or his little doggy for 3 months. His diet is not healthy (read smoking, several Dr. Pepper's a day, maybe a candy bar a day....processed food in his lunch box, he's worked for 30 years at the Hanford Nuclear Plant...talk about your risk factors!). I prepare the evening meals...so, its normally his healthiest of the day (lots of fresh organic fruits & veggies).

I'm hoping someone knows the protocol for the Paw Paw regiment and can direct me to it. In addition, baby steps towards a healthier lifestyle?? He doesn't have an adversion towards healthier eating.....just an ignorance and a stubbornness, YKWIM??

The medical Dr. told him his cancer did not come from smoking. I shake my head at the ignorance that is allowed to "practice" medicine. Since 1 out of 2 men will get prostrate cancer (according to the dr. and much I've read)....my father-in-law doesn't think he could do much to avoid it. I disagree. Please help me enlighten him. -Lisa/Wa

Dear Lisa, is your father-in-law alright. I'm getting on this message board Sep 5 so by now he may be better. If not, get him started on e-tea or Pau d' Arco. You can buy either at many places on the web however, stick with the home brew, it seems to work best. Following is an article on Essiac Tea: Terence

The following article contains information you're not suppose to know, taken from the September 9, 2001 issue of The Spectrum magazine, written by Greg O'Neill.

"In 1892, a Shaman/Herbalist of the Ojibway Tribe in Northern Ontario, Canada, gave his healing, herbal tea to a lady friend of his. The woman was diagnosed with a malignant breast cancer. Given the choice of radical surgery or using her friend's herbal tea, she decided to give his tea a try. She prepared it, following his directions, and used it religiously. As a result of her continued use, the cancer was completely cured, and did not return. It was gone, without a trace of cancer cells in her body!

Thirty year later, on a trip to a hospital in Toronto, Ontario, for a routine physical examination, the examining nurse, Rene Caisse, asked the woman about the curious scarring of her breast, the result of the earlier cancer. The woman told Rene about the cancer, and its cure, over 30 years earlier, and shared the herbal recipe for the tea that cured it. The woman felt Rene might have need of it in her later years. As it turned out, she was right.

Rene's aunt came down with a malignant cancer, and Rene asked her relative's physician for permission to use the herbal tea recipe. The doctor agreed to allow the herbal treatment. Again the herbal tea worked its healing magic, and the aunt was entirely cured of her cancer. The physician was so impressed that he helped Rene open a cancer clinic in Bracebridge, Ontario, to treat "terminal" cancer patients, deemed so by at least two physicians. For over 40 years, Rene treated cancer patients with the herbal formula, ESSIAC (her last name reversed).

The Canadian Ministry of Health eventually raided Rene's clinic, seized medical records, and burned them in a 50 gallon drum. They obviously did not want the word getting out that an herbal cure for cancer was available...

Dr. Charles Brusch, [of the famous Brusch Medical Center], the aunt's physician, who also served as personal physician to former U.S. President John F. Kennedy, ran his cancer clinic in Cambridge, Massachusetts. Dr. Brusch often assisted Rene Caisse in her Bracebridge clinic; he was quite familiar with the proven effectiveness of ESSIAC.

A son of Senator Ted Kennedy developed a particularly lethal sarcoma cancer, and was being treated at Boston's Dana-Farber Cancer Institute, an Oncology Training Center for Harvard University's Medical School. Chemo and radiation treatments failed to slow the progress of the sarcoma. Dr. Farber went to his old associate, Dr. Brusch, and asked for his advise.

Dr. Brusch told Dr. Farber to take the young Kennedy off chemo and radiation treatments immediately, and to apply treatment with ESSIAC. Again it worked its healing magic, and the young Kennedy was completely cured, without any trace of cancer cells in his body remaining. He is the only known case of a sarcoma survivor! [He still lost his leg.] The Dana-Farber Cancer Institute is heavily funded for their cancer "research" efforts, to this day. No mention has been made of the success with ESSIAC treatments there.

The Kennedy clan is heavily invested in pharmaceuticals; many of those drugs are used today in cancer "treatments." How much money do they stand to lose if the word gets out that a safe, herbal recipe cures cancer? How much money does the Dana-Farber Cancer Institute, and Harvard Medical School, stand to lose if the successful use of ESSIAC was spread widely?

Dr. Gary L. Glum, a chiropractic physician in Los Angeles, herd about Rene's incredible work with "terminal" cancer patients. He wondered if the herbal formula would be effective in the treatment of "terminal" AIDS patients. He contacted Rene, obtained the recipe for ESSIAC from her, and asked for permission to treat "terminal" AIDS patients with ESSIAC. The director of Project AIDS Los Angeles agreed to let Dr. Glum treat five patients from a larger group of 179 people sent home to die... They thrived, eating three meals each day, they regained normal bodyweights, and their T-cells went back to normal. The other 174 people sent home to die, did!

Cancer and AIDS are big moneymakers, bringing in public, federal, and private financial support to many cancer organizations, themselves proving to be cancerous. They continue to allow adults and children to die painful deaths, in order for their cash flow to continue. This has gone on long enough!" Greg O'Neill, "Canada's Famous Herbal Remedy Recipe For Cancer and AIDS - ESSIAC" September 9, 2001 issue of The Spectrum.

You have just read the story of Essiac, but just what is Essiac? Essiac is a herbal tea containing four herbs: Burdock root (Arctium lappa), Sheep Sorrel (Rumex acetosella), Slippery Elm Bark (Ulmus fulva) and Turkey rhubarb (Rheum palmatum). These herbs, when they are mixed and cooked together in the right amounts and at the right temperatures, produces a super powerful detoxifier that has been reported through testimonies to cure a variety of diseases.

We must admit, Americans do not eat proper diets, we are fed poisons such as MSG (Monosodium Glutamate) in processed foods we eat, we drink water laden with cancer causing chemicals, and if this weren't enough, we have chemtrails spraying and chemical manufacturers poisoning the air we breath. Is it any wonder we are a sick nation with every disease in the book, but look up there is still hope.

Indian medicine men always believed that if we purify the blood, the body will heal itself. Essiac is a powerful detoxifier. Ginny Darby, a maker of this tea and author of her 1994 article Blessed Herbs says Essiac users report being cured of cancer, AIDs, diabetes, multiple sclerosis, thyroid conditions, arthritis, impotency, allergies, the common cold [and the Flu], smoker's cough, viruses, Alzheimers, Parkinsons, chronic fatigue syndrome, ulcers, hemorrhoids, fibroids, prostate and urinary problems, circulatory problems, psoriasis, asthma, and works well to increase energy and keep one in general good health, as well. If we gathered all the testimonials from around the country, I'm sure the list would be much longer.

Does anyone need to be told why the ability of this tea to heal has been kept quiet? Dollars my friend, dollars. We are told there is no cure for cancer, AIDs, lupus, agent orange, Gulf War syndrom, and the list goes on. The truth is, there are cures for these diseases available to all who dares. However, most people will continue their monthly trips to the local pharmacy to pick up their pain killers, rather than try a different approach. "...Behold, I have given you every herb bearing seed,...to you it shall be for meat." These God given herbs are NOT a FRAUD. This tea is for real. At the Food and Drug Administration, the American Medical Association and the pharmaceutical industry is where you will find the fraud.

Even though essiac has not been clinically tested in the US to cure cancer and has not been approved for use by the FDA, essiac has been known to destroy benign growths, tumors and cure cancer. Dr. Charles A. Brusch, declared in a notarized statement made on April 6, 1990, "To Whom It May Concern: ...I do know that I have witnessed in my clinic and know of many other cases where Essiac was the therapy used, a treatment which brings about restoration through destroying the tumor tissue and improving the mental outlook which re- establishes physiological function... I endorse this therapy even today for I have in fact cured my own Cancer, the original site of which was the lower bowel, through Essiac alone... " Looking at the source of this statement, nothing more needs to be said about tumors.

I do not promote this tea to be a magic cure for any disease only a good health tonic, however, on the other hand, we cannot simply just ignore the facts. Rene Caisse and others reported the following therapeutic values in the individual herbs, or at least along side the consumption of Essiac. This list of health benefits is long so I entered only those I believe to be the most important to you:

Prevents build-up of excess fatty deposits in artery walls, heart, kidney tubules, liver and lowers cholesterol

Counteracts the effects of aluminum, lead, and mercury poisoning, and Gulf War Syndrome.

Makes bones, joints, ligaments, lungs and membranes stronger, flexible, and more durable.

Clears respiratory channels by dissolving and expelling mucus

Relieves the liver of its burden of detoxification by converting fatty

toxins into water soluble substances that can then be easily eliminated through the kidneys

Assists the liver in producing lecithin which forms part of the myelin sheath surrounding the nerve tissue

Eliminates heavy metals deposits surrounding the joints, to relieve inflammation and stiffness

Improves the functions of the pancreas by increasing the effectiveness of insulin

Cleanses the blood, increases production of red cell, T-cells, and lymphocytes.

Increases the body's ability to utilize oxygen by raising the oxygen level in the tissue cells

Regulate the amount of oxalic acid delivered to the kidneys, thus reducing risk of stone formation in the gall bladder, kidneys, or urinary tract

Accelerates wound healing

Protects cells from free-radical damage, including damage from radiation and x-rays. -Terence
- - - - - - - - - -
Q: 48 year old male was sent home by the doctors with no hope of living with advanced stages of Pancreas cancer. I sent his wife home with Pau D Arco, E-Tea, Noni, Enzymes, Lemon EO and I told her he was to drink only distilled water. The tumor is so large that he can not swallow any solid foods. I would appreciate any suggestions. Thanks. -Jan
- - - - - - - - - -
I know someone personally who has lymph cancer, and the N.D. she went to said to jump on the rebounder 10 min. at a time per day to get the pancreas making its enzymes again. Also, to take loads of pancreatic enzymes. Her cancer is almost gone, and she has been on her regime for about 5 months, I think. She has to juice her vegetables - nothing else, except the supplements he has her on. I hope this helps a little. -Tammy Ahrens
- - - - - - - - - -
Q: Hello all......I'm wondering if Noni is still part of the recommended Paw Paw Cell-Reg regimen recommended for cancer patients. My father-in-law was just diagnosed with the very early stages of prostrate cancer (out of 22 biopsy spots, 3 showed cancerous cells). As you probably already know, the options given by the dr. are the radiation seed treatments or a radical surgery, removing the prostrate. With the radiation seed, he would not be allowed to hold his young grandchildren or his little doggy for 3 months. His diet is not healthy (read smoking, several Dr. Pepper's a day, maybe a candy bar a day....processed food in his lunchbox, he's worked for 30 years at the Hanford Nuclear Plant...talk about your risk factors!). I prepare the evening meals...so, its normally his healthiest of the day (lots of fresh organic fruits & veggies).

I'm hoping someone knows the protocol for the Paw Paw regiment and can direct me to it. In addition, baby steps towards a healthier lifestyle?? He doesn't have an aversion towards healthier eating.....just an ignorance and a stubbornness, YKWIM??

The medical dr. told him his cancer did not come from smoking. I shake my head at the ignorance that is allowed to "practice" medicine. Since 1 out of 2 men will get prostrate cancer (according to the dr. and much I've read)....my father-in-law doesn't think he could do much to avoid it. I disagree. Please help me enlighten him.

Thanks, everyone, for your time and efforts to respond. -Lisa/Wa
- - - - - - - - - -
Get your father-in-law started on Essiac Tea or Pau D' Arco. Terence

The following article contains information you're not suppose to know, taken from the September 9, 2001 issue of The Spectrum magazine, written by Greg O'Neill.

"In 1892, a Shaman/Herbalist of the Ojibway Tribe in Northern Ontario, Canada, gave his healing, herbal tea to a lady friend of his. The woman was diagnosed with a malignant breast cancer. Given the choice of radical surgery or using her friend's herbal tea, she decided to give his tea a try. She prepared it, following his directions, and used it religiously. As a result of her continued use, the cancer was completely cured, and did not return. It was gone, without a trace of cancer cells in her body!

Thirty year later, on a trip to a hospital in Toronto, Ontario, for a routine physical examination, the examining nurse, Rene Caisse, asked the woman about the curious scarring of her breast, the result of the earlier cancer. The woman told Rene about the cancer, and its cure, over 30 years earlier, and shared the herbal recipe for the tea that cured it. The woman felt Rene might have need of it in her later years. As it turned out, she was right.

Rene's aunt came down with a malignant cancer, and Rene asked her relative's physician for permission to use the herbal tea recipe. The doctor agreed to allow the herbal treatment. Again the herbal tea worked its healing magic, and the aunt was entirely cured of her cancer. The physician was so impressed that he helped Rene open a cancer clinic in Bracebridge, Ontario, to treat "terminal" cancer patients, deemed so by at least two physicians. For over 40 years, Rene treated cancer patients with the herbal formula, ESSIAC (her last name reversed).

The Canadian Ministry of Health eventually raided Rene's clinic, seized medical records, and burned them in a 50 gallon drum. They obviously did not want the word getting out that an herbal cure for cancer was available...

Dr. Charles Brusch, [of the famous Brusch Medical Center], the aunt's physician, who also served as personal physician to former U.S. President John F. Kennedy, ran his cancer clinic in Cambridge, Massachusetts. Dr. Brusch often assisted Rene Caisse in her Bracebridge clinic; he was quite familiar with the proven effectiveness of ESSIAC.

A son of Senator Ted Kennedy developed a particularly lethal sarcoma cancer, and was being treated at Boston's Dana-Farber Cancer Institute, an Oncology Training Center for Harvard University's Medical School. Chemo and radiation treatments failed to slow the progress of the sarcoma. Dr. Farber went to his old associate, Dr. Brusch, and asked for his advise.

Dr. Brusch told Dr. Farber to take the young Kennedy off chemo and radiation treatments immediately, and to apply treatment with ESSIAC. Again it worked its healing magic, and the young Kennedy was completely cured, without any trace of cancer cells in his body remaining. He is the only known case of a sarcoma survivor! [He still lost his leg.] The Dana-Farber Cancer Institute is heavily funded for their cancer "research" efforts, to this day. No mention has been made of the success with ESSIAC treatments there.

The Kennedy clan is heavily invested in pharmaceuticals; many of those drugs are used today in cancer "treatments." How much money do they stand to lose if the word gets out that a safe, herbal recipe cures cancer? How much money does the Dana-Farber Cancer Institute, and Harvard Medical School, stand to lose if the successful use of ESSIAC was spread widely?

Dr. Gary L. Glum, a chiropractic physician in Los Angeles, herd about Rene's incredible work with "terminal" cancer patients. He wondered if the herbal formula would be effective in the treatment of "terminal" AIDS patients. He contacted Rene, obtained the recipe for ESSIAC from her, and asked for permission to treat "terminal" AIDS patients with ESSIAC. The director of Project AIDS Los Angeles agreed to let Dr. Glum treat five patients from a larger group of 179 people sent home to die... They thrived, eating three meals each day, they regained normal body weights, and their T-cells went back to normal. The other 174 people sent home to die, did!

Cancer and AIDS are big moneymakers, bringing in public, federal, and private financial support to many cancer organizations, themselves proving to be cancerous. They continue to allow adults and children to die painful deaths, in order for their cash flow to continue. This has gone on long enough!" Greg O'Neill, "Canada's Famous Herbal Remedy Recipe For Cancer and AIDS - ESSIAC" September 9, 2001 issue of The Spectrum.

You have just read the story of Essiac, but just what is Essiac? Essiac is a herbal tea containing four herbs: Burdock root (Arctium lappa), Sheep Sorrel (Rumex acetosella), Slippery Elm Bark (Ulmus fulva) and Turkey rhubarb (Rheum palmatum). These herbs, when they are mixed and cooked together in the right amounts and at the right temperatures, produces a super powerful detoxifier that has been reported through testimonies to cure a variety of diseases.

We must admit, Americans do not eat proper diets, we are fed poisons such as MSG (Monosodium Glutamate) in processed foods we eat, we drink water laden with cancer causing chemicals, and if this weren't enough, we have chemtrails spraying and chemical manufacturers poisoning the air we breath. Is it any wonder we are a sick nation with every disease in the book, but look up there is still hope.

Indian medicine men always believed that if we purify the blood, the body will heal itself. Essiac is a powerful detoxifier. Ginny Darby, a maker of this tea and author of her 1994 article Blessed Herbs says Essiac users report being cured of cancer, AIDs, diabetes, multiple sclerosis, thyroid conditions, arthritis, impotency, allergies, the common cold [and the Flu], smoker's cough, viruses, Alzheimers, Parkinsons, chronic fatigue syndrome, ulcers, hemorrhoids, fibroids, prostate and urinary problems, circulatory problems, psoriasis, asthma, and works well to increase energy and keep one in general good health, as well. If we gathered all the testimonials from around the country, I'm sure the list would be much longer.

Does anyone need to be told why the ability of this tea to heal has been kept quiet? Dollars my friend, dollars. We are told there is no cure for cancer, AIDs, lupus, agent orange, Gulf War syndrom, and the list goes on. The truth is, there are cures for these diseases available to all who dares. However, most people will continue their monthly trips to the local pharmacy to pick up their pain killers, rather than try a different approach. "...Behold, I have given you every herb bearing seed,...to you it shall be for meat." These God given herbs are NOT a FRAUD. This tea is for real. At the Food and Drug Administration, the American Medical Association and the pharmaceutical industry is where you will find the fraud.

Even though essiac has not been clinically tested in the US to cure cancer and has not been approved for use by the FDA, essiac has been known to destroy benign growths, tumors and cure cancer. Dr. Charles A. Brusch, declared in a notarized statement made on April 6, 1990, "To Whom It May Concern: ...I do know that I have witnessed in my clinic and know of many other cases where Essiac was the therapy used, a treatment which brings about restoration through destroying the tumor tissue and improving the mental outlook which re- establishes physiological function... I endorse this therapy even today for I have in fact cured my own Cancer, the original site of which was the lower bowel, through Essiac alone... " Looking at the source of this statement, nothing more needs to be said about tumors.

I do not promote this tea to be a magic cure for any disease only a good health tonic, however, on the other hand, we cannot simply just ignore the facts. Rene Caisse and others reported the following therapeutic values in the individual herbs, or at least along side the consumption of Essiac. This list of health benefits is long so I entered only those I believe to be the most important to you:

Prevents build-up of excess fatty deposits in artery walls, heart, kidney tubules, liver and lowers cholesterol

Counteracts the effects of aluminum, lead, and mercury poisoning, and Gulf War Syndrome.

Makes bones, joints, ligaments, lungs and membranes stronger, flexible, and more durable.

Clears respiratory channels by dissolving and expelling mucus

Relieves the liver of its burden of detoxification by converting fatty

toxins into water soluble substances that can then be easily eliminated through the kidneys

Assists the liver in producing lecithin which forms part of the myelin sheath surrounding the nerve tissue

Eliminates heavy metals deposits surrounding the joints, to relieve inflammation and stiffness

Improves the functions of the pancreas by increasing the effectiveness of insulin

Cleanses the blood, increases production of red cell, T-cells, and lymphocytes.

Increases the body's ability to utilize oxygen by raising the oxygen level in the tissue cells

Regulate the amount of oxalic acid delivered to the kidneys, thus reducing risk of stone formation in the gall bladder, kidneys, or urinary tract

Accelerates wound healing

Protects cells from free-radical damage, including damage from radiation and x-rays -Terence
- - - - - - - - - -
The Essiac Tea Terence refers two is sold under the name E-tea through NSP. -Lourdes Martinez
Prostate Cancer – Radiation

Radiation Treatment Speeds up Prostate Cancer
According to the Cancer Communication Newsletter men are not being informed on the dangerous conventional medical procedures for cancer of the prostate. The article states that imploanting radiation seeds (radiation therapy) routinely given for early signs of prostate cancer can actually hasten the development of that cancer. Cancer cell then double in as little as 1.2 months after radiation while unradiated prostate cancer cells take an average of 4 years to double. It will take up to 20 years for the average untreated prostate cell to double 5 times, but if treated with radiation, it can double 5 times within 6 months!

30-45% of men in their 50's have signs of prostate, but of these only about 8% will ever feel the effect in their life time and only about 8% will actually died from it, untreated. Yet, if a man in his 50's has an elevated prostate specific antigen (PSA ,standard prostate cancer marker) and undergoes surgery, he has a 20% chance that: the surgery will release cancer cells into the blood, and from 6 months to 5 years the cancer will return, with elevated PSA levels. And he now has the prospect of becoming incontinent /and or impotent, and a rapidly growing cancer! The Digest recommends all men, regardless of their age, consider all options before undergoing this or any other conventional medical procedure for elevated PSA levels. – Cancer Comm. Newsletter 12:4 Sept.1996, 15-16; Family Urology (Spring 1996),11; JAMA 275:4 (Jan 24/31,1996, 289;Urological Nursing (Mar 1994), 14. -Sammye Lamb

Phytomedicines Outperform Synthetics
One of the great success stories in botanical medicine is the European use of phytomedicines in treating enlarged prostate, or benign prostatic hyperplasia (BPH). The condition, which affects roughly half of men over 70 years of age, reduces quality of life by causing frequent urination, nighttime awakenings, and other urinary difficulties. Standard American therapy consists primarily of treatment with synthetic prescription drugs, which can have significant side effects. In contrast, European treatment frequently substitutes the use of medicinal plants with very good clinical support and a superior safety record.

This comparative review discusses results of a number of studies investigating the effectiveness and safety of phytomedicines and synthetic drugs in the treatment of BPH., with a focus on saw palmetto (Serona repens Bartram, Palmaceae, formerly Sabal serrulata). During the course of one three year trial involving 309 men, saw palmetto was associated with a significant increase in urinary flow rate (6.1 ml per second) and a 50% decrease in residual urine volume. In comparison, the American prescription drug ProscarT (finasteride) showed a 30% decrease in symptom scores over three years, but urine flow improved only slightly, and residual urine volume was almost unchanged. Further, 10.7% of finasteride patients discontinued treatment because of side effects, compared to only 1.8% of those taking saw palmetto. Perhaps most important is the reported improvement in quality of life, "which was reflected in the over 80% 'good' to 'very good' efficacy judgements." Saw palmetto is approved by the German government as a treatment for BPH, as are extracts of nettle roots (Urtica dioica L., Urticaceae) and pumpkin seeds (Cucurbita pepo L., Cucurbitaceae). The proposed mechanisms of actions for these phytomedicines are regulation of hormone metabolism, immune system mediation, anticongestive actions, and effects on the muscles of the bladder.

The authors conclude that in terms of increasing urinary flow rate, " the data show a clear superiority of the sabal [Saw Palmetto] extract in comparison to the synthetic drugs." For Proscar® (finasteride), only one-third of the treated patients had "clinically relevant improvement," and only after at least six months of treatment (n=533). They also note that one of the drugs used in conventional medicine, alfuzosin, produced a short-term improvement in the first year of the study, followed by a "striking" decline in the second year. Clearly, Saw Palmetto offers superior symptomatic relief in prostate disease, as defined by the most common clinical tests. In addition, it improves quality of life and has a "practically negligible side effect risk." This review makes a compelling case for the use of saw palmetto as treatment of choice among physicians and patients concerned with meaningful improvement and greater safety compared with conventional synthetic drugs. (While cost was not a consideration in this review, saw palmetto extract is also significantly less expensive than conventional prescription drugs.) -- Rob McCaleb, HRF
[Bach, D., Schmitt, M., and Ebeling, L. 1997. Phytopharmaceutical and synthetic agents in the treatment of benign prostatic hyperplasia (BPH). Phytomedicine 3(4): 309-313.]

•Saw Palmetto Improves Prostate Symptoms•
According to the Journal of American Medicine, extract from the saw palmetto plant appears to safely ease the symptoms of benign prostatic hyperplasia (BPH); age-related swelling of the prostate gland. Up to 40% of men aged 70 years or older have symptoms of BPH, which include a frequent urge to urinate during the day and at night, and difficulty emptying the bladder completely. Untreated, the condition can lead to bladder infections and kidney damage. Several recent controlled clinical studies were reviewed involving 2,939 men with BPH. Most of the studies compared symptoms among men treated with commonly prescribed drugs with control groups. Researchers concluded that the evidence suggests extracts from the saw palmetto plant improve urinary tract symptoms and flow measures in men with BPH, has fewer adverse treatment effects, and costs less that traditional pharmaceutical (finasteride) treatments.
(Journal of American Medical Association --JAMA 1998;280:1604-1609)
Prostate Issues – Potential Causes

NSP has products to help prostate issues. Many of the things discussed frequently on the forum - Saw Palmetto, Men's Formula, Pro-G-Yam Cream, Zinc, Bowel Cleansing, Parasite Cleansing . . .etc, etc.

Prostate Enlargement / Benign Prostatic Hypertrophy / Bph / Prostate Cancer
By: Dr. Earl W. Conroy B.Sc.,DC,ND,NZNMA
Potential Causes of BPH
What causes prostate enlargement? In our experience and opinion a combination of the following factors contribute to the onset of prostate enlargements:
1. An accumulation of di-hydro-testosterone, DHT which stimulates the overproduction of prostate cells…BPH. Excess prolactin, a pituitary hormone that is stimulated by estrogen, beer and B6 deficiency, increases DHT synthesis.
2. Excessive estrogen!! From meat, milk, cheese, poultry, spray residues on food, beer, plastics and mostly from….fat cells. Meaning that overweight men are prime candidates for BPH! Excessive estrogen inhibits the enzymes that metabolise DHT causing an increased accumulation.
3. Zinc deficiency also causes the accumulation of DHT by stimulating 5-alpha-reductase.
4. Accelerated free radical activity . . . from unsaturated oils, especially canola oil, soy oil [fish and chips, potato chips, fries], corn oil, sunflower oil, safflower oil [margarine is a major contributor to free radical activity and arterial plaque], even flax oil. All these unsaturated oils cause massive lipid peroxidation with extensive free radical production which causes DNA damage and tissue degeneration.
5. Increased acidity of the cellular matrix [the cells making up most of the muscles and organs] from excess animal products, too much protein, fats, cooked food, carbohydrates, junk food, soft drinks, coffee and just plain too much food.
6. Amalgam tooth fillings, root canals, infected or abscessed teeth which constantly emit viral and or bacterial endotoxins into the blood.
7. Sinus infections…causing again excessive endotoxin invasion of all tissues.
8. Deficiencies of Zinc, B6, B-12, Folic Acid, Magnesium, manganese, Selenium, Boron, Vitamins A-C-D-E.
9. Endocrine imbalance:
• dysfunction of thyroid gland, adrenals, steroidal hormones
• under or overactive thyroid, auto-immune dysfunction or thyroiditis.
• adrenal exhaustion from stress, mental, emotional or physical
• immune inadequacy or failure
• diminished levels of DHEA
• excess estrogen and prolactin; low thyroid, low progesterone [estrogen dominance]
10. Infections anywhere from viruses, bacteria, Candida, flukes, parasites which pervade the systemic circulation and settle in a wakened prostate.
11. Toxicity from intestines, kidneys, liver, lymphatic system due to any of the above circumstances.
12: Prevention -
Diet
• Supplementation
• Clear the bowels
• Dairy products
• Amalgam
• Water
• Sunlight
• Sexual Activity
• Acid / Alkaline balance*
• Hormone balance
[*This again - eat more fruits & veggies and less meat &cheese. . . . . . . ]
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Nature's Sunshine Products NSP Forum Index -> Forum Archive All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: