Nature's Sunshine Products NSP Forum Index Nature's Sunshine Products NSP
For customer and distributor discussions of Nature's Sunshine Products. Not an official site of NSP.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Bowel Trouble - Child

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Nature's Sunshine Products NSP Forum Index -> Forum Archive
View previous topic :: View next topic  
CombinedNSP
Site Admin

PostPosted: Dec Sat 16, 2006 8:19 pm    Post subject: Bowel Trouble - Child Reply with quote

Bowel Trouble - Child

I have an 11 month old that has horrible trouble with his bowels. It has been going on since his rocky birth and ICU stay. He is formula fed so I know that is part of the problem but I just can't get things moving correctly. I have tired the LB Extract but it doesn't seem to move things through. He will go 2-4 days with no bowel movement and then strain for a whole day until I can't stand it anymore and intervene with a enema. I know that isn't healthy either but we have been dealing with this for so long. -Shari Lyon
- - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Shari, Twice a day, try adding a teaspoon of Fax Oil -- preferably high-lignan -- to a sippy-cup of water or formula.

You might also want to try the "baby food" formula (listed on our site at http://www.herbshop.com/babyfood.htm), which uses NSP and other products blended together, including flax oil, GreenZone and Lo-Clo, for general well-being for babies. It's also very useful for adding additional "hard to take" nutrients to a baby's diet. Regards, -David Ross, N.D.
I agree with David on the food. Is your formula a soy based formula? If so, this causes all kinds of bowel distress. For constipation and if you baby was given any antibiotics in the hospital, give Bifidophilus Flora Force for a couple of months. Massaging his abdomen in a circular motion, starting at the top under the sternum and slowly and lightly end up at the lower end of his stomach. Do this 2 times a day very carefully to increase bowel paralstalysis. You can add 3 drops of Roman Chamomile essential oil to a tablespoon of olive or carrier oil for the massage.

I find Chamomile herb along with Catnip & Fennel very helpful along with David's suggestions. The Chamomile Capsule can be opened and made into a tea with a little honey. Add one capsule to 1/4 cup hot water and let it sit for a few minutes covered. Give orally with a dropper about 25-40 drops in the evening. Hopefully a good bowel movement will follow the next morning. Fiber is helpful, maybe an apple ground up and fed in little bits if your child is able to eat whole foods. Blessings and patience. My child had colic for the first 3 months some 28 years ago and I know how frustrating this can be. -Suzanne
I agree. The only thing I would like to add is that bowel constriction and lack of beneficial bacteria may be due to vaccine damage. If you have vaccinated this baby in the past I would re-think this. You may also put the Bifidophilus on the rectum when you change the baby and it will help re-populate the colon. And I agree with David - no more store-bought formula. You can try fresh carrot juice cut half and half with RO or distilled water and also Flax seed or other oils and molasses along with Biff and Proactazyme. -Karen Jensen
Q: Looking for the best cleansing product for a 3yr old boy who has lots of trouble with regular bm's. Started at birth...mom said he didn't have movement in first month of life and now on a regular prescription laxative. She said his colon has stretched...What else should this little fellow be on? Thanks for your help. -Lisa S
Watch his food! Get him on plenty of fruits and veggies and away from processed foods, especially those made with flour. Remember, flour and water have been used in the past for wallpaper paste so you can imagine what it can do to a colon! If he really needs laxative help, try him on LB Extract. This is a combination that helps most children. You may also try adding a little fiber to his diet using something like Slippery Elm. Also make sure he is getting PLENTY of PURE WATER! Just make sure to give him the appropriate amounts for his age. -Mike, N.D.
Chamomile is good for children to calm and it is loaded with Calcium which helps get things moving. Catnip and Fennel in the liquid is helpful also. I agree with increasing fiber but his little bowel just might be sluggish after being on a laxative so it will take time. Massaging the abdomen nightly will help too with a small amount of Chamomile essential oil (2 drops per tablespoon of carrier oil). Massage in a circular motion from under the sternum to the lower abdomen and slowly rotate around in a circular motion for 3 minutes a night. This can help adults also. Massage very lightly on a child and be careful to not press too hard over the liver area that is under the upper right rub cage area. - Suzanne
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Nature's Sunshine Products NSP Forum Index -> Forum Archive All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: