Nature's Sunshine Products NSP Forum Index Nature's Sunshine Products NSP
For customer and distributor discussions of Nature's Sunshine Products. Not an official site of NSP.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Bowel Problems

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Nature's Sunshine Products NSP Forum Index -> Forum Archive
View previous topic :: View next topic  
CombinedNSP
Site Admin

PostPosted: Dec Sat 16, 2006 8:20 pm    Post subject: Bowel Problems Reply with quote

Bowel Problems

My grandfather was diagnosed with brain cancer about a month ago. He's taking radiation and chemo pills as well as a lot of other drugs to help with pain, seizures, etc. He had to go to the hospital yesterday because he was severely constipated. The emergency room doctor said that the feces is soft but he has lost peristalsis in the intestines. As I understand it peristalsis is the involuntary muscle contractions in the intestine that move out waste through the colon. The doctor gave him a drug to help the muscle contractions in the bowel but also said that my grandfather's problems with this condition are just beginning. I am hoping that someone knows of an essential oil or massage therapy to help return peristalsis to the bowel. Thanks. -Dawn Pfaff
- - - - - - - - - -
Hi Dawn, that's the purpose of LBS II, Cascara and Senna (I'm personally partial to LBS II, with Senna being used for very stubborn cases. They all increase peristalsis of the bowel. While this is happening, I certainly wouldn't hesitate to go for a series of colonics, the final "rinse" having garlic oil and/or tea tree oil in it.

Dr. Jack's cleanse is a 6 month program for the purpose of restoring peristalsis.

BTW, When you post a question on the BBS Forum, as long as you include your email address, you receive your replies automatically and immediately by email, then they are also posted to the bulletin board. So, you don't have to request that you be contacted. -Georgiana
- - - - - - - - - -
Magnesium Oxcide relaxes the colon so that it will work naturally, also helps the heart and is very safe in high does. Increase until the bowels move and then back down and continue taking. If you do research on Magnesium Oxcide you will notice it helps with enzymes, nerves and muscles. Has many benefits and is missing in most diets. -Virginia Dassler
- - - - - - - - - -
At National Convention we learned the better choice is Magnesium Malate as in Fibro Malic and the Magnesium Complex- it can even stop a heart attack if the contents of capsule are poured under tongue and taken sublingual. In addition if a person has facial tics they are usually magnesium deficient, it will also stop chest/heart spasms. It is great muscle relaxant! -Nora
- - - - - - - - - -
Q: I have been suffering for bowel problems for a long time. I will go two to three weeks without a bowel movement and then have constant bowel movements all day for a day or two with severe stomach cramps. I have tried drinking only water, taking fiber supplements, even 4 laxatives a day nothing works I am only 21 yrs old...Is thin NORMAL..Everyone I talk to say it is not although my mother tells me everyone is different. About two years ago I went at least every other day for about 4 months while on a certain type of medication and I was at a normal weight, since off that medication I have been having this problem and have gained about 65-75 lbs!!!! Should I go to a gastrointestinal doc???? -Jackie
- - - - - - - - - -
Dear Jackie,
First of all if the medication you were on before helped with temporary relief, why did you discontinue it, prior to getting this condition properly diagnosed or more under control? Was there a problem with the meds as well?

Also, were you ever on antibiotics (a variety of times)?

Antibiotic and/or non-steriod anti-inflammatory drugs do a real number on your intestines to the point of causing chronic illness and autoimmune problems such as fibromyalgia, ulcerative colitis, Irritable Bowel Syndrome (which you may have), Chron's, rheumatoid arthritis...etc.

Just to get it under control...you should go see a doctor that deals with the digestive/intestinal system...

I'm assuming that you are a user of Nature Sunshine Products (NSP) and that you tried other products that have not given you relief.

I stated in another post that I got constipation after my second child was born...I also tried many things you do to relieve constipation but it never worked to relieve it 100% After about a year of this, I decided to take Para-cleanse with Paw Paw. After one cleanse I began to eliminate completely normally. Now, my problem was not a severe case as yours...but I initially never thought it could be related to a foreign microbe/parasite...it obviously was because I got 100% relief of the problem.

I would highly suggest you try the NSP Para-cleanse, you may need 2 rounds of it (do one treatment then rest for 10 days and do the second packet)...Olive Leaf Extract would also go well.

I'm sure your colon is highly irritated as well so it would also be good to take the Intestinal/Soothe Build to soothe your colon along with some extra Slippery Elm. Some digestive enzymes like Probiotic Eleven would be very helpful in digesting as well.

Also, I would highly advise, if you're not already doing so, to change your diet to a very easy to digest diet and non irritating to your colon... - No red meats or pork - No fried foods - No deli meats (nitrates/processing) - No milk products of any sort - No peanuts, almonds - No canned goods (either fresh or frozen) - No wheat/gluten - No sugar (sweeten with a little Stevia, raw

sugar or black strap molasses...) - No pastries, candies - No beans or soy beans - No soy product

Do this for the next 3 months.

Make food choices as if you were feeding a 10 month old baby. - Rice - Squash - Small amounts of chicken - Cook your vegetables (raw may be to taxing

right now) - Papaya, watermelon (other low sugar fruits) - Goat milk or rice milk - Sheep cheese (very delicious) - Gluten/wheat free products - Yeast free products

You get the idea...

If you are on other medications they may be exacerbating the problem... Best wishes. -Lourdes Martinez
- - - - - - - - - -
The constant bm's after a period of none is just what can squeeze thru. It's all severe constipation. I would suggest that diet may be a major factor. Are you an A blood type?

You may need to eat NO dairy or red meat -- at least until you are moving well. VERY small portions of protein, huge portions of green leafy veggies and lots of "seeded" watermelon in-between meals. Chew the seeds as well as possible. Drink 1/2 gal of water (at least) daily, sipped on throughout the day.

Supplements: Mag Complex, 2 twice daily. Senna Comb. - IF you eat only the greens and watermelon one or two days, you may be able to get moving by taking 3 every couple hours to get started. It might be better to get a series of colonics and then stick with your "diet". No soda, sugar, grains, red meat for a good while. At least until you are moving regularly, and maybe never. Once you are moving well, do a good cleanse like Dr Jack's or CleanStart. There are several good cleanses (do cleanse search).
- - - - - - - - - -
I would also suggest a colonic hydrotherapy services. You can find a certified therapist on the site of the International Association of Colonic Therapist at www.I-act.org -Nadine
- - - - - - - - - -
Q: I have a client that I need help with. I have read that a few of you are X-Ray techs and I was also 10 yrs. ago. So I know that you x-ray techs have seen barium enema films like my clients.

She has taken over the counter laxatives almost all her life and has lost the haustrae in her colon, that moves the food and fecal material along. On a barium enema film you can tell that a patient has taken way too many laxatives because the colon is smooth and has lost muscle tone.

My client was taking LBS II and was working well and then it stopped working. I asked her to go on a mono diet (apple juice) and apples for 2 days and then a good diet of fruit, prunes, salads with olive oil and lemon, vegetables, brown rice, oatmeal diet. Also plenty of water, slippery elm, digestive enzymes, yogurt and have fresh vegetable juice 3 times a week and to eat smaller and more frequent meals. I'm also having her take nervine herbs to combat stress, also Chlorophyl.

She has not had a bowel movement in several days. I believe she needs an herb to either strengthen her bowel muscles or something to increase her colonic peristalsis. Does anyone have any suggestions or have any experience with this type of client. Remember the LBS II is not working for her. Thanks to everyone in advance. Deb
- - - - - - - - - -
You are going to have to gradually build the strength of the muscular colon and at the same time gradually wean her off laxatives. Start with a Tiao He Cleanse along with additional psyllium fiber and additional cascara sagrada if necessary to insure that she is having at least one bowel movement a day and preferably two or more. A few sessions of colonic irrigation initially might also be helpful if you can find one (check with the chiropractors in your area if you can't find one.) I'd use Bowel Build to build the colon, cascara sagrada or senna as an herbal laxative when necessary to insure that she is having bowel movements regularly, gradually weaning her off of these, give her a psyllium-based fiber supplement (most important) along with Proactazyme and Bifidophilus Flora Force. Once some improvement is seen in regularity switch from cascara sagrada or senna back to LBS II. Continue the fiber (for the rest of her life.) This will take time.

She needs to do a complete turnaround on her diet, going with a vegetarian all-natural diet of whole foods, plenty of fresh fruits and vegetables, and no dairy. If you want to give her yogurt for the acidophilus give her dairy-free soy-based yogurt. -Duane Weed
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Nature's Sunshine Products NSP Forum Index -> Forum Archive All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: