Nature's Sunshine Products NSP Forum Index Nature's Sunshine Products NSP
For customer and distributor discussions of Nature's Sunshine Products. Not an official site of NSP.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Bone Density

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Nature's Sunshine Products NSP Forum Index -> Forum Archive
View previous topic :: View next topic  
CombinedNSP
Site Admin

PostPosted: Dec Sat 16, 2006 8:26 pm    Post subject: Bone Density Reply with quote

Bone Density

My mom just found out that she flunked her bone density test and it was significant. Dr. put her on Fosamex (not sure of that spelling). She is taking Super Sup - 4/day, Skeletal Strength - 6/day. I am wondering if NSP has a product that will actually help rebuild her bone density? And is it true that Calcium citrate is the best calcium to take? Thank you. -Lisa S.
- - - - - - - - - -
Wild Yam and Pro-G-Yam. -LeRae
- - - - - - - - - -
Hi Lisa, Many older ones have trouble digesting. Digestazyme can help here. Try 3 with 2 Super Sup. and 3 Skeletal Strength 2x day.

Also try adding some Flax Seed Oil caps with cottage cheese for a while. It increases electrical conductivity in body and raises the immune system. She could try 2 caps 2x a day for 3 weeks to start. Hope this will help. -Connie Newsome
- - - - - - - - - -
Bone/Skin poultice formula (BON-C) is great for this. Add the minerals either from Herbal CA or Super Algae and strengthen with Collatrim. -Kimberly Balas
- - - - - - - - - -
Q: Hi, the dentist told me I have significant bone loss in my jaw. My bone density, in general, is great. What can I do to reverse this? My dad lost all his teeth by age 40 due to the same thing. Help! -Judy
- - - - - - - - - -
Judy, Even though your bone density in general is fine, it could still be a sign that you are losing calcium. Consider the following passage from Donald Lepore's N.D. book The Ultimate Healing System.

"When there is a lack of calcium in the body, the first skeletal area to show a loss is the jaw bone. Teeth can also become loose, leaving the dentist to believe that the gums are at fault. This is not correct! With a lack of Calcium the jaw bone actually thins out so that the roots of the teeth no longer fit causing the teeth to become loose."

He suggests that Calcium, phosphorus, magnesium be increased. He prefers bone meal calcium because he say it most resembles our calcium. NSP has Calcium + Vit. D as bone meal. Anyhow, very important to muscle test for amount.

Other signs of low calcium could be: Coccyx bone area (tail bone) is a little tender. Muscle cramps, tingling in arms and legs, joint pains, irritability, nervousness, depression... Just a thought. Wish you the best.

How are you doing with your Hydrochloric acid. When it is low minerals that are highly affected from becoming assimilated and absorbed by your body are Calcium and Iron.

Does your food sit heavy in your stomach for a while, especially protein? Do you have stomach discomfort. In the past have you used antacids?

If you suspect this problem, take raw apple cider vinegar (1 tbls) with your next meal and see how you feel. If you feel better, you are low in HCl. -Lourdes Martinez
- - - - - - - - - -
Hi Judy! Something to think about is diet. An over acid condition in the body will cause calcium to be pulled from bone to buffer the acid in the blood. The blood needs to maintain a certain calcium level at all times, and if you are lacking in calcium or unable to take up your calcium, this will cause the cannibalization - it has to get the calcium from somewhere, it doesn't care where! Lemons and watermelons are the highest alkalinizing foods we can eat, sugars and artificial sweeteners the most acidifying. Veggies, veggies, more veggies, then fruits, nuts & seeds and maybe whole grains(depends on who you listen to) should be the bulk of our diet. There are books and charts available to show what foods to eat to become more pH balanced, and NSP has the test strips as well, to measure your progress. I prefer NSP's Skeletal Strength product because it supports the bones, muscles and cartilage, and has equal amounts of calcium and magnesium plus trace minerals that all help the product to be utilized more effectively. I also recommend a little more Magnesium Complex, because we tend to be more magnesium deficient than calcium deficient. 2 parts magnesium to 1 part calcium is what I usually recommend to my clients, based on my resources. Herbal Trace Minerals might also be helpful in this health challenge. I just might open the capsule and pack it in around the gums at night, every night for a couple of weeks, to allow absorption right into the area where the problem lies. Black Walnut is another one that can be used this way (it's rich in minerals). -Nancy Coulter
- - - - - - - - - -
Q: Hello, I am looking for information that can help me with my teeth. I feel that I am on the verge of loosing my teeth one by one. I have been going to a periodontist for the last 5 years and nothing has improved, but steadly get worse. I am presently at the point of making a decision to allow the doctors to pull more teeth or suffer more bone loss and eventually losing the teeth anyway. I have been taking Gastro Health, Horsetail, and magnesium for the last 3 weeks. i have been brushing with NSP toothpaste and Gastro Health. They want to do a root canal and gum regeneration surgery(second one) and extraction. Please share any information. I need to make an informed decision, soon -Rena Walker
- - - - - - - - - -
If you are having infections maybe you could try clove oil. Also, I have read you could use White Oak Bark- open the capsule and pour it around your gum before bed and rinse out after 30 minutes. Also try taking Herbal CA, and Colloidal Silver (for bacteria). -Gina
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Nature's Sunshine Products NSP Forum Index -> Forum Archive All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: