Nature's Sunshine Products NSP Forum Index Nature's Sunshine Products NSP
For customer and distributor discussions of Nature's Sunshine Products. Not an official site of NSP.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Body Wraps

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Nature's Sunshine Products NSP Forum Index -> Forum Archive
View previous topic :: View next topic  
CombinedNSP
Site Admin

PostPosted: Dec Sat 16, 2006 8:27 pm    Post subject: Body Wraps Reply with quote

Body Wraps

At the NSP annual herb conference, Rebecca Vagedes mentioned grapefruit oil to be used as an essential oil in herbal body wraps. She says she has girls losing 14-18 inches. You add 8-10 drops of grapefruit oil in a pint or so of water and soak ace bandages. Apply all over the body . . . Grapefruit oil tightens and tones, is good for cellulite and obesity, is a natural diuretic, good for the liver and pancreas, and is an oil that everyone loves because it is naturally uplifting and good for depression. It smells wonderful! I had someone just confirm losing inches this way and most all of them stayed off!! -Susan
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Another way to do this would be to massage the grapefruit oil in a carrier oil all over the body then wrap the body up tightly. Cover with hot towels, then plastic and then a heavy blanket. Stay that way until the heat dissipates. Works wonderfully. -Maya Telford
- - - - - - - - - - - - - -
The wraps were 6" wide and several feet long. There were 6 or 8 rolls of them to a kit.
This was from the old Sunnet Newsletter that Nolee used to do, when we had the Voice Mail SunNet before the Forum. There was a question on how to do a body wrap. She is talking about the Body Wrap Kit that Nature's Sunshine used to have -
From: Judy Joan VanderGriff formulated this: It consists of wide ace bandages (6 - 8") and a suit made out of windbreaker material. You measure your body all over, thighs, hips upper arms, mark each spot with an indelible marker so you would be sure to remeasure in the same spot. Put Herbal Trim all over your body, dip the ace bandages in very hot water, wrap the entire body and step into the suit. In 20 minutes, remove this and remeasure in all the spots you measured before. The first time I did it, I lost over 7 inches. You can replace the body suit with Saran Wrap. -Georgiana Duncan
At the NSP annual herb conference, Rebecca Vagedes mentioned Grapefruit Oil to be used as an essential oil in herbal body wraps. She says she has girls losing 14-18 inches. You add 8-10 drops of grapefruit oil in a pint or so of water and soak ace bandages. Apply all over the body . . . Grapefruit oil tightens and tones, is good for cellulite and obesity, is a natural diuretic, good for the liver and pancreas, and is an oil that everyone loves because it is naturally uplifting and good for depression. It smells wonderful! I had someone just confirm losing inches this way and most all of them stayed off!! -Susan
Another way to do this would be to massage the grapefruit oil in a carrier oil all over the body then wrap the body up tightly. Cover with hot towels, then plastic and then a heavy blanket. Stay that way until the heat dissipates. Works wonderfully. -Maya Telford
A very effective way to do this is to use old sheets. You will need someone to assist you with this method. You soak the sheets in hot water (not hot enough to burn). Put plastic down on the bed you will be lying on, then a hot sheet wrung out, then you, then another hot sheet, then more plastic, then lots of blankets to keep the heat in. The heat will drive the essential oils deep into the tissues. This method is used by top spas around the world and it is a wonderful treat to give to yourself. With this body wrap method, the essential oils are first massaged into the skin in a carrier oil and then the wraps are applied. -ML Clampit
This is how I do the body wrap: I roll the elastic bands real tight and place them standing up in a small cooler that can handle hot water. I pour hot water over the bands and close the lid for about 5 minutes.(or so) to let the hot water and heat penetrate. I think I use about a cup and a half of water. You don't want the bands too wet. In the meantime, I rub the herbal trim on my legs and then start wrapping with the warm bands. Do your whole body, except for woman should not do the breasts. When you are done wrapping the body, you put on the nylon suit. Also make sure you have heavy socks on your feet, not only to keep warm, but to catch the water it pulls out of your body. I don't know how long we are to leave it on, but when I start getting cold, I undo the whole thing. For several hours after wards, you aren't suppose to rub any lotions or anything on your body, or shower. I use the body wrap to soften my skin, to lose water weight and it is excellent to use if you have been overexposed to the sun and have a burn. -Ardis
- - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Q: I would like to know if anyone has recipes for body wraps? This is something new I am wanting to try and would like some help. I would like a detoxifying, herbal and clay wrap recipe with NSP products if anyone has some. -Tracy
- - - - - - - - - -
This is from Larissa Jones' Aromatherapy Recipe Guide (LarissaJones.com)

Seaweed Body Wrap Spa Treatment (helps to detoxify and re-mineralize the skin)

Natural bristle body brush 2 cups hydrated bentonite clay 1/2 cup bulk kelp 1/4 cup bulk dulse 1 lemon 8 drops Cellu-tone essential oil blend (no longer available from NSP) 1/2 cup warm RO water gauze to cover the body old towels or sheets

Grind dulse in a coffee grinder used just for your home spa products. Combine dulse and kelp powder with the hydrated bentonite. Mix in the juice of half of the lemon and additional water as needed to make a paste.

Dry brush your skin with a natural bristle brush intended for this purpose. Remember to always brush towards the heart. Stand in the tub, and rub the mixture into your skin, starting with your feet and moving upwards. Again, as you rub this mixture onto the skin, try to rub towards the heart. As soon as your legs are covered, wrap them with gauze. Continue until you have rubbed and wrapped your entire body, excluding the hair and face. Lie down in the tub and cover yourself in the towels or sheets. After 20 minutes, remove the gauze and then quickly shower with lukewarm water.

Larissa has the best recipes around, check out her web site and perhaps you could ask her what to replace the Cellu Tone EO with. -Mandy
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Nature's Sunshine Products NSP Forum Index -> Forum Archive All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: