Nature's Sunshine Products NSP Forum Index Nature's Sunshine Products NSP
For customer and distributor discussions of Nature's Sunshine Products. Not an official site of NSP.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Blood Pressure - Meds - Can't Stay Awake

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Nature's Sunshine Products NSP Forum Index -> Forum Archive
View previous topic :: View next topic  
CombinedNSP
Site Admin

PostPosted: Dec Sat 16, 2006 9:10 pm    Post subject: Blood Pressure - Meds - Can't Stay Awake Reply with quote

Blood Pressure - Meds - Can't Stay Awake

What do you do for a person who has trouble staying awake while at work? This is my husband. He has high blood pressure and is on meds for this condition. I have given him cayenne and cardio assurance, because he MT's for this, but I cannot convince him to completely give up the meds and go to the herbs and the herbs alone can't seem to get the bp down (the meds can't get it down either). The pharmacist is concerned that the meds the doctor has him on (chlonodine, nefedipine, and altace) may be too much for his system. She listed symptoms that could occur if the meds were too much (amazingly, that is what he is experiencing). I have tried giving him herbs along with the meds, cutting out the herbs and just going with the meds, but it doesn't matter. At least once a day, his brain fuzzes over and he falls asleep. Sometimes he doesn't even realize it happens. One time this week when he came out of it, he suddenly felt nauseous and his skin was clammy.

As far as herbs go, until today, he was taking Adrenal Support, SF, Chinese Mood Elevator, HY-C, Cardio Assurance and Cayenne. I took him of the Cardio Assurance (he has only been on it for a week) and Cayenne on Tuesday. Today I MTd and he didn't need the Adrenal Support.

Any suggestions on what's going on and how I can help? I'd hate for him to lose his job! -Sharon Baldwin
- - - - - - - - - - - - - -
My dd was on clonidine for other issues and it made her a drooling idiot. She would fall asleep where ever. That would be my first suspect. If you have to do meds make the dr find another one. There are many blood pressure meds out there. I am sure there is another one that would be a better fit. -Elaine Forrester
Hi Sharon: This sounds like it is getting fairly serious. Have you had Kim run a blood profile on him? I cannot say enough about the protocol that Kim outlined for me recently. I feel better than I have felt in years. He also may be fearful of giving up the lifeline of his meds without some professional help outside of the family. Just some thoughts, but I will be rooting for you, -Copper Thomas
Thanks Elaine for your thoughts. I've MT'd the meds and unfortunately, they remain as good for him. Although, Nifedipine has its up days and down days. He's tried chlonodine before and when you couple that with sugar meds, it really caused him to sleep. Thanks all!!! -Sharon Baldwin
Is he doing the 4 stalks of celery every day for blood pressure? Really works for many people, after 2 weeks they drop to 2 stalks per day. Also, does he have hiatus hernia or stomach displacement (even if it's not all the way up)? -Desiree
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Nature's Sunshine Products NSP Forum Index -> Forum Archive All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: