Nature's Sunshine Products NSP Forum Index Nature's Sunshine Products NSP
For customer and distributor discussions of Nature's Sunshine Products. Not an official site of NSP.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Blood Pressure - High

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Nature's Sunshine Products NSP Forum Index -> Forum Archive
View previous topic :: View next topic  
CombinedNSP
Site Admin

PostPosted: Dec Sat 16, 2006 9:13 pm    Post subject: Blood Pressure - High Reply with quote

Blood Pressure - High

My hubby is on a high blood pressure med - Dyazide. I believe this is a diruretic. He's been taking this for about 5 years and is wanting to do something herbally (finally). As long as he takes this his BP is fine, as soon as he's off it for a couple days his BP goes right up - tonight its 158/105 and he has a constant headache. We tried Blood Pressurex when it came out but didn't seem to help. His kidneys do MT weak but I don't know if this is the direction we need to go. All suggestions will be greatly appreciated. -Carol Halford
- - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Hi, I like Dandelion and Parsley I think they are two good herb diuretics. With Dandelion it is high in potassium I believe. Also, I read that Co Q 10 is highly recommended at 200-300mg daily, it's not a diuretic but it actually has something to do with the pumping power of the heart to move fluid through the vascular system. Don't forget Magnesium either very important.

Another good product that makes you pee a lot is KB-C.

Just remember the regime is difficult for many people they get so use to that quick fix, or one that's it, so as we all no with herbs there is a building up, and you have to take more than one pill. :0)

A quote from Dr. Dwarte " Your health is your greatest wealth, so spend some of your wealth to preserve your health" buy quality, by NSP brands! -Darcy
Is he overweight? Does he exercise? What is his stress level? One lady took off 30 pounds - still very overweight, but BP came down nicely and is off the Rx..Another man retired from a very stressful job and suddenly his BP normalized and he is off the Rx.

Use Rx/herbs as tools and to strengthen body weaknesses, but look for root causes to fix the problem. -Nancy Jackson
Q: What is your thoughts on lowering blood pressure. I exercise, take Garlic, fiber, CO Q10, Blood PressureX, and etc. no salt, drink 10 glasses water - 162lb weight. Been doing the Eat right for your type and I lost weight. I am type O. Thanks -Jim
I would also go to a chiro to make sure I don't have a hiatel hernia and I would do a BTA or MT to check for underlying virus and of course support the liver. -Kasara D'Elene
I believe Ylang, Ylang has a infinity to low blood pressure. It is the activating part of the ABC+D process if your interested? EO's effect the body at the cellular level. They have the highest vibrational frequencies known to man. Most oils run on a vibrational frequency of 90 hertz, Rose Otto is 320 hertz from my understanding. Because of these high frequencies EO's can penetrate a RBC which have become damaged and have developed a hard core, and regenerate the cell in seconds. RBC's with hard cores cannot live very long in fact the die before the 128 day life cycle.

I like the EO's and consider them to be a big part of all my herbal programs If you have Ylang, Ylang EO you can try sniffing it several times a day, along with your present herbal program. The key to unlock the body is done by activating the system. You can use homeopathy, aromatherapy, enzymes and affirmation, visualization, deep breathing exercises. -Darcy
Q: Blood Pressure High and Ginkgo - Caution
I've been following a very interesting discussion on herbal hall about ginkgo. It appears that Ginkgo is contraindicated in high blood pressure. Some herbalists intuitively understood this because they realized that increased energy flow to the head, so in high blood pressure it would increase that energy. When Roy Upton started talking about this he was highly criticized about it, but research is now indicating that Ginkgo can actually raise blood pressure.

What is most alarming to me is the number of stories shared by professional herbalists who have observed people with serious high blood pressure suffering strokes within 30 days after they started taking Ginkgo. This shows the value of learning to observe the whole situation, understanding energetics, and monitoring client response to programs. I thought this potential problem with ginkgo use was important enough to warrant passing on to everyone on the forum.

This also indicates why we need to keep the HS-II formula (Hawthorn, Garlic and Capsicum) as this formula is more beneficial for the heart with high blood pressure problems than Ginkgo/Hawthorn would be. Keep in mind, however, that when combined with other herbs as in Cardio Assurance there would be some counterbalancing effects of the other herbs that would tend to negative this problem. -Steven Horne
Many thanks for sharing, my hubby has HBP for which he has been taking meds for several years and recently decided to stop and go with herbs. We've been struggling to find the "key". He does take Ginkgo daily and perhaps this has been a part of the problem. In Dr Michael Murray's book, How to Prevent and Treat Cancer with Natural Medicine he recommends Ginkgo as the flavonoid of choice for those over 50. -Carol Halford
Hi peoples, Well, for one thing there has not been a lot of studies done on herbs and nutrients, and there effects over time. Meaning perhaps in the beginning Ginkgo was seen as the herb of choice to manage clients with anticoagulant therapy because of it's superior properties to reduce the viscosity of the blood, and promote circulation of blood to the brain and heart, other organs also. Now, after long term use they are discovering through trial and error that perhaps the Ginkgo contributes to the exacerbation of high blood pressure instead of helping lower it. I suspect there are only more events like this one waiting to be discovered. Even though herbs have been around forever, there is still so much to learn unfortunately a lot of it is by trial and error. -Darcy
With many of our herbs, we do have a long rich history of observations of how these herbs affect human beings, which have been recorded primarily in energetic terms. Ginkgo is not a traditional herb. Ginkgo is a 50-1 extract of the leaf developed by European phyto-pharmacuetical companies. It was not used in traditional medicine, not the leaf anyway. The idea here is that we need to learn to think like traditional herbalists. If Ginkgo increases blood flow to the brain, then what if there is already too much blood flow to the brain (as in high blood pressure or vasodilative migraines)? This is why I insist I have follow-ups with clients. I need to observe how their body is reacting to the herbs I recommended. If a symptom is getting worse, then I need to adjust what I'm doing.

What most people don't realize is that this is what the whole practice of medicine is all about. Even orthodox medicine. Do you really think that a doctor "knows" for certain if a particular medicine is going to react badly with a particular client? He gives the medicine and then if the client comes back and complains about problems he might try another one. There is no way to get around the need to observe the client's reaction, no matter how skilled we get.

It is a myth that medicine will ever be a pure science like physics, because each human being is unique and each case must be considered individually. -Steven H. Horne
Thank you for this information. My mother has HBP that is very out of control and she is taking a very strong medication for it. She is also taking CoQ10, but even this not helping her get her blood pressure stabilized. She has LOTS of allergic reactions and at this point is taking very few additional supplements because of this. She is unable to take the prescription meds for arthritis (yeah) and I have recommended to her to use EverFlex unless someone knows why this may be contraindicated for a person w/ HBP. Any other suggestions would be greatly appreciated. I don't know if she'll do it, but she's pretty desperate now to get her blood pressure back under control and the prescription hasn't done it completely. Thanks, -Margaret Chair
Sounds like a toxic reaction. I would start with small amounts of Lymph Drainage in water and then go to the Heavy Metal Detox. -Kimberly D. Balas
Q: Blood Pressure Problems and swelling in feet
My husband went to the store and checked his blood pressure today. The numbers were 200/135. Try as we might, he can't seem to get this upper number down. Not with the herbs I give him and not with the stuff the doctor prescribes. John says that it seems as though his heart is having problems getting the blood to go out, but has no problem getting it back in. Any suggestions on what we can do?

He is taking
IF-C 9
Urinary Maintenance 5
Yeast/Fungal Detox 4
Magnesium Complex 4
Cranberry/Buchu 4
-Sharon Baldwin
Try Garlic, Red Rice and maybe the Mega-Chel oral chelation program might help. Garlic works really well for my husband. Good Luck! -Shiella Fonseca
My husband was in this situation as well up until fairly recently. He took things which I gave him, (because I told him to) but without changes in his diet and exercise program, did not do any good. He has been on BP meds for over 2 years and the Dr. kept increasing, and changing dosages and meds because nothing seemed to help for any length of time. They finally decided he had Cushing disease (adrenal disease), and that he needed to have them completely removed. He was adamant the doctors were right about this right up til it came time to schedule the appt. for the removal. Then they tested him for diabetes and his numbers were over the roof as well. Thankfully at this point he decided to go my way for a few months and before making the final decision on the operation. First he quit smoking (major step), minimized bread, pasta, & mostly removed processed sugars and "the whites", removed trans fats (anything partially hydrogenated etc- he began to actually read labels). Next we increased our fresh fruit and raw or only slightly cooked fresh vegetables to over 3 times what they had been. He is also routinely having a grapefruit every day as well, peeled like an orange with no sugar. I think this grapefruit is very important somehow. He is a big meat eater but with all the fruit and vegetables he has eaten slightly smaller portions of meat. For the time being he has continued on his meds, but so far his blood pressure has dropped to about 135/85 or slightly higher. He has been really trying harder to keep within these dietary boundaries and this is what has made the difference. I still have him on supplements but just the Adrenal Support, Potassium Comb. for now. Everything he is doing - the consistency - and because he wants to feel better not because I am making him do it, has made all the difference in the world. If I could just get him to take that final step and get daily exercise (walking) I think he could get complete control. In a couple months I will be anxious to go in and have him retested and see if our blood work comes out better and hopefully wean him off the meds. All this is after spending 43 years of eating wrong though, so I expect it will be awhile before we really turn it completely around..... I truly believe he is finally heading in the right direction. Hope John can try some of these things as well and begin to see results soon. Share the Health, Karen Herrmann-Doolan
Thanks for your comments! Changing his diet is being a huge challenge because he's very addicted to sugar. We are working at getting the whites out of his diet. And he prefers bread that is without hydrogenated oils, unfortunately, thoses are never the cheap ones. I need to start making bread at home again!

He is making an attempt at exercising each night when he gets home, but it hasn't become a habit yet.

He absolutely loves grapefruit, but one of the blood pressure medications that he's on says to avoid grapefruit.

I did discover something that may make a difference in the numbers in the coming weeks. He has been eating protein bars at work and one of the ingredients in these bars is sucralose. I had forgotten that this was Splenda and I'm beginning to wonder if this might be contributing to his high numbers. Hopefully he will be able to get all of that flushed out of his system soon!
Thanks again! -Sharon Baldwin
We used to eat bread, rice, potatoes, or noodles/pasta with every dinner as a way to stretch the meat and veggies. Now we only eat one of these things each week. (not every day). Omitting them from his diet completely for a few weeks will make a difference in BP and Sugar and swelling. Then when you do add them back, only do so once a week, and making sure when you do that they are whole grains (not the whites). The meat, veggies and fruits for meals will satisfy his body and you will soon find that those fillers actually cause you to be hungrier sooner. These items are the carbs you really do not need much of and which carry all the sugars that are making your husband (and mine) so sick. For a long time I was trying to get my husband well.... now the difference.... he is trying to get well. Until my husband made that commitment we did not see results. Me wanting him to pay attention was not enough. Be patient with him, give him lots of information to read and help him see that he needs to want to get better even more than you want him to. Help him make the commitment by giving him lots of love and support!

Funny - most of those diet nutrition bars they sell on the market if you read the ingredients are anything but nutritious! Possibly a green grocery near you would carry the kinds that are truly whole grain foods (without the partially hydrogenated oils and corn syrups or fake sugars). Same with the "healthy choice" meals - go with fresh fruits, raw veggies, and meats - if it has been processed in any way, you are not getting enough nutrition.

My husbands meds said the same about grapefruit. I don't know why this precaution is there but you should definitely talk with your doctor before adding grapefruit to his diet to find out. We haven't found any problems arise from it.

I am going to start my husband on the 90 day challenge. This program works well with helping the body to clean out the intestinal tract so that proper nutrient absorption takes place. With all that his body has gone through he really needs the basic nutrition - I'm sure his body has been deprived of so much over the years and this will really make a big difference for him. Share the Health, Karen Herrmann-Doolan
Cliff bars are the best. They contain absolutely no trans-fatty acids and have highest fiber content I have found. -Annie
1st thing I would recommend is to take him to a good chiropractor
2nd is MT for virus - this is often the problem, - or there could be another organism as well.

And I would add the products Kimberly mentioned, plus something to support/flush the liver - like BP-C or Milk Thistle.

I would have him take something to support the kidney, like the kidney drainage, or Kidney Activator or JP-X. And also something for virus - like Oregon Grape or Olive Leaf or VS-C if you have any I would also give him something to boost his immune system - maybe Thai-Go or the Immune Stimulator.-Kasara D'Elene
Kasara, I found a chiropractor! Thanks for the recommendation! After the first visit, the swelling in his legs dropped some. He went in again on Wednesday and will be returning next week. He had one hip raised too high and his spine is all kinked. I hope a few more visits will help him. I have more faith in that chiropractor than I do any of the MDs we've seen.

I did MT for virus. I believe its his Right Kidney. Would that be the cause of protein in the urine? Yes, that showed up on a test and the Urologist was confounded because he can't see anything wrong. Would Kidney Drainage get rid of this virus? -Sharon Baldwin
Yes, you're right. The swelling in his legs and feet is a side affect to the blood pressure medication that he is on. He informed the doctor, but the doctor did not make any changes (well, he did add a medication, but also kept the one that has swelling as a side affect).

The blood pressure only became an issue after using an inhaler because he was having difficulty breathing due to a severe case of bronchitis. But even after going off of the inhaler, the blood pressure did not drop. -Sharon Baldwin
Please remember that both of these condition separably and together can have several different causes.
hardening of the arteries
depression
nervousness
stress
CHF
imbalanced hormones
etc.
and the "treatment" for each is different. -me
Q: I had a lady come in with fibroids. I finally gave her E-Tea, Pro-G-Yam, Chlorophyll and Psyllium Hulls. She was familiar with some items and the E-Tea was the only thing she had not taken in the past. She called me a few minutes ago and stated that her blood pressure has sky rocketed. She wanted to know if the E-Tea could do that for her. I told her I did not think so, however, if she was uncomfortable, to stop taking the E-Tea. Is there anything in the combo I gave her that could cause this? -Donna
E-Tea works liver and blood as well as the whole solar plexus and many other things. I have found women with fibroids have anger and resentment issues and clogged up and weaken livers. She could be dumping toxins and her kidneys are weak and need some support to help drain. As we know we have 2 filters in our system the liver and the kidneys. So maybe you should support the kidneys. I like using Capsicum. Garlic/ Parsley Combination plus Chinese Kidney Activator (1 capsule of each 3 times a day)works supper for high blood pressure. Does she have edema issues? -Donna
Q: What is the formula for using the Mega Chel for reducing plaque on the arterial walls? Also if someone is on Blood pressure medication, what herbs should be avoided?
Thanks for the input! -Nancy Gardiner
This is what I use for assisting client to reduce plaque.

1) Mega Chel

Mega Chel should be taken for 1 month per decade of age plus 2 months for ramp up and down.

1st week take 4 per day.
2nd week take 8 per day.
3rd week take 12 per day.
4th week take 14 per day.

Continue 14 per day through the required number of months followed by a ramp down in reverse order of the ram up.

Eg. A person who is 67 years old should take Mega Chel for 6 months plus 1 month ramp up and 1 month ram down totaling 8 months.

2) CoQ-10

1 mg of CoQ-10 should be taken for every 1 pound of body weight. Each capsules contains 30 mg of CoQ-10. It should be taken for the same amount of time as the Mega Chel however no ramp up or ramp down is required.

Eg. A person weighing 240 pounds should take 8 capsules per day.

3) Red Yeast Rice

2 capsules, twice per day with a meal for the same time as the Mega Chel This can be continued as a maintenance program after this program is finished.

4) Essential Liquid Minerals

Four Table Spoons per day for the same amount of time as the Mega Chel This can also be taken as a maintenance program at a reduced amount of 2 Table Spoons per day after this program is finished.

Note: Supplements should be taken with meals unless otherwise recommended.

Regards. -Dan Smith
I'm confused on Ramp up and Ramp down.

Slowly easing into the program, and then slowly backing off again at the end of the allotted time (determined by the client's age). -Sharon Grimes
Continue 14 per day through the required number of months followed by a ramp down in reverse order of the ram up. < < The original program has you increase up to 12 per day as follows (My experience, most people found it hard to do even that many per day because they felt too bad.):

Suggested Usage: 1 month minimum for every 10 years of age!

Mega Chel Oral Chelate, 6 twice a day
Mineral Maintenance - 6 capsules twice a day -or- Colloidal Minerals or Chinese Mineral Chi - 1 Tbsp twice a day
Cardio-Assurance 1 three times a day
*Brain Protex or Gingko - Gotu Kola; 1 - 3 daily
Lecithin, 4 capsules three times a day
Food Enzymes or PDA along with Proactazyme, 2 three times a day

*These are optional products beneficial to the brain specifically

Suggestion:
Start the program with 1 x 2 (1 Mega-Chel, 2 times a day), each week adding one more Mega-Chel each time until reaching 6 x 2. Take this amount 1 month for every 10 years of age (60 = 6 mos.). Taper off the same way you worked up to the full dose. -Chottsie
The C-7 vertebra may also be out of alignment, and can specifically cause HBP. Especially if it is sudden onset and/or if she has hit her head or fallen anytime recently. Many chiropractors don't always specifically check C7 so if she has a chiro have her go and ask them to SPECIFICALLY check and adjust C-7, and have them check it again before she leaves, after they've adjusted everything else. -Desiree
Q: Blood Pressure High
My husband has been battling high BP for the last 8 years. Sometimes it drops down to normal for a period of time, and then it shoots right back up. I do not know his exact numbers, because he won't tell me, but I do know that they're high enough to put him on several bp meds and they aren't touching the bp numbers much at all. We have tried Capsicum, Garlic and Parsley, BP-X, Cardio Assurance to no avail. My upline said that his bp was so high that he would have to use the meds to drop it down and then we could try the herbs to maintain. He is also diabetic, but the diabetes showed up after the bp. I know that isn't normal, but there you go. He has been having problems with athlete's foot and thrush for a number of years. We tried doing a Para Cleanse twice and he got terribly sick 1/2 way through both times. He has had some kidney damage from all of this and he still has the thrush and a toenail that has fungal issues, but after a month on an anti-fungal those have seen very slight improvement.

I would really like to find the root cause of all of this (I do suspect yeast to be a main culprit). The anti-fungal that he is on keeps the sugar cravings at bay and lowers his appetite so that he is not very hungry at all.

I have tried a number of different herbs. I need a "back door." John is currently taking Milk Thistle, PDA and Flaxseed. I know he really needs the Milk Thistle to help keep his liver going with all the meds he's taking (he's on 7 right now), but he would really, really like off all of the meds. Can anyone help? -Sharon Baldwin
I just read some reports where when someone practices breathing at 6 breaths per minute (BPM) for about 15 minutes several times a week, hypertension was significantly improved. -Bob Miller
Some ideas for you:
Did you try celery juice, have you MT for virus causing the problem, has he been checked for hiatel hernia (stomach pushes on heart causing HBP - very common) has he had his gall bladder checked - I had a customer who had HBP, and after we fixed his gall bladder stones, his HBP went down -Kasara D'Elene
Kasara, you are always full of good ideas!! I don't own a juicer, so no, I have not tried celery juice. But he does take stalks of celery with him as a snack at work. I have MT'd for a virus. No. No virus. But I do get a strong response when I ask if the HBP is caused by a fungus -- but not candida.

Gall Bladder is one I hadn't considered. I know his liver has not been working at top condition for quite awhile. The whites of his eyes tend to be yellow unless he's been taking a lot of Milk Thistle (which tends to test at 16 caps/day). Gall Bladder tests very weak. So what would be good for his gall bladder, if this is the cause? Marshmallow, Hydrangea...?Would it be possible for a fungus to be hiding out in the gall bladder?
Thanks all for your wonderful thoughts!!! -Sharon Baldwin
Sharon- I love Hawthorn liquid- and Magnesium Complex- also sometimes Ginkgo Hawthorn works- One man who was about to lose his job due to high BP (meds didn't bring it down and he works at a nuclear power plant) is just on liquid Hawthorn and his BP is lower than when he was in High school- Another combo is Liquid Capsicum w/ liquid Hawthorn- Might work for Dennis- -Nora
For high blood pressure has your husband tried the Mega-Chel oral chelation program? I was reading that can help with HBP. Also, my mother-in-law tried using Noni Juice regularly and her blood pressure went down. -Marguerite Wright
I have always been told with HBP stressed or weakened heart, kidneys, liver and lack of calcium. Any one on HBP meds should take potassium at a separate time as the meds. As the drugs deplete the body of potassium. So you are working on the liver (Milk Thistle) potassium will support the kidneys somewhat. Add maybe Ginkgo and Hawthorn to support the stressed heart. Support the adrenal glands- in this case I like to use Mood Elevator maybe some HP Garlic, Candida diet and for sure some friendly bacteria like Bifidophilus would be good for all three imbalances. I would also add in Zinc. Seems like he may be depleted of all of his minerals. Also ask him what's really bothering him emotionally and maybe you could add in some Rescue Remedy or if you find what the true reason is then you could pick the needed bach flower remedy. -Donna
Have you done any cleanses? I used to be on 2 bp meds and on oxygen. I did a liver cleanse, bowel cleanse, stone cleanse, yeast cleanse, lymph cleanse, and toxin cleanse... no longer on oxygen no more bp meds -Kim S.
My blood pressure was so high, I had to go to the doctors because they said I could have a stroke. What I did, worked before I went to the doctors office, and he was amazed. I ate 4 stalks of celery per day, for four days my blood pressure was normal when I went to the doctors and he saw nothing wrong.

Yes, celery contains 35.2 milligrams of sodium in one stalk, but compared to other foods like ham is it not too high. Other vegetables that should be limited to 1/2 cup per day are: beets; beet greens; carrots; dandelion greens; kale; mustard greens; spinach; Swiss chard; white turnips; frozen peas; frozen lima beans; tomato juice, sauce, paste or puree. The sodium values range from 35 to 155 milligrams for one cup cooked of any above vegetable. Celery is the highest in sodium and one cup is about six, five inch by three-quarters inch sticks.

http://www.healthandage.com/html/res/com/ConsHerbs/CelerySeedch.html
-Jeff Frankel
We had considered the oral chelation program, but we did not try that one. I did try the Noni Juice with him -- that was a real challenge because it tasted horrible to him. I suppose we could try the capsules though.

I was giving him a potassium supplement because I know that the drugs deplete this, many block potassium. He always takes his herbs at a different time than the drugs. But then I read in the pamphlet that came with the meds that you should avoid supplementing with potassium as it would cause the drug to not work as well. Where can I get bach flower remedies? TOL?? I haven't seen those offered by NSP. I know that finances are a serious bother to him emotionally, feelings of failure, the inability to get ahead -- living paycheck to paycheck. Those are the biggest emotional baggage that he carries, although there are other issues buried deep down. The failure bit and the financial bit are at the top of the list. Does any of that help to get to the heart of the
problem? Thanks for the idea! -Sharon Baldwin
Bach Flower Remedies are sold in most health food store - we sell them in ours, and I think Steven sells them as well. I think Steven has mentioned that he has many other flower remedies in addition to the Bach Flower ones. It would be best to take a flower remedy test or be seen by someone who is certified in them to make sure you get the most for your money. (I was certified in 2003) But there are tests in books and at some health food stores, to help you figure out what is best for you - just some of the "symptoms" can be confused as they are similar, and you shouldn't mix more than 6
or 7 together, and if you do mix more than a couple, you should always add Star of Bethlehem with them. -Kasara D'Elene
With respect, just because you MT for virus, doesn't mean there isn't one - many organisms are good at hiding - we do all kinds of tricks to confuse the organisms to showing themselves. I have used tuning forks, crystals, water, colors, pictures, etc. Often they can be in a symbiotic relationship with other organisms also - like fungus you mentioned.

Fungus and candida are the same thing - but the body will explain it to you how it wants to be treated, or talked about - they have minds of their own. Try not to get stuck on this issue - just work the way the body wants to - it is very intelligent.

Not sure about fungus in the gal bladder - but liver definitely - I would put him on enzymes, maybe several, include the Hi-Lipase - and the Gall Bladder formula - you can try the Hydrangea also if you think he has stones, or do a gal bladder cleanse - once you know his bowels are moving and he has been on the Gall Bladder formula for at least a week or so. I don't think the fungus is it though - I feel that gall bladder problems cause HBP, because of the sodium/potassium imbalance (which I think you mentioned before) and because digesting the food is important to the body, and it is trying to tell the person that something is wrong - just happens to do it via the
circulatory system. Reading Your Health, Your Choice by Dr. Ted Morter can explain this in plain English for you...

The fungus could be causing other issues though - which may also affect the HBP. -Kasara D'Elene
Juicing carrot and cucumber works on blood pressure, as well as many other problems.
Carrot juice is organic vitamin A and not toxic. You may turn a little orange however! -Lisa A.
For high blood pressure has your husband tried the Mega Chel oral chelation program? I was reading that can help with HBP. Also, my mother-in-law tried using Noni juice regularly and her blood pressure went down. -Marguerite
Q: I have a 70 yr. old male client with high blood pressure in the A.M.----around 190. As the day goes on and he is busy working, the BP goes down to about 140-150....Why would it be higher in the A.M.? He is overweight and diagnosed as a type 2 diabetic which he manages with diet. His blood sugar also runs higher in the A.M. Doctors have run test on kidneys and they "seem" fine. He's also had an MRA and that is normal...I'm thinking that, in spite of the tests he may have some kidney issues since he says that when he sweats, the BP seems to come down..Would dry skin brushing be something to try? I need a good place to start with him and not too costly or involved. Any help is greatly appreciated and thank you in advance. -Cindy Lokemoen
Does he take CoQ10 & Vitamin E? Try Chromium and/or Carbo Grabbers before bedtime for the blood sugar that is high in the morning. -Margaret Chai
Have you considered Cordyceps? My husband is also a type II diabetic and the Cordyceps really help with the BP, sugar, and the swelling in his ankles. -Sharon Baldwin
Check his liver. My mother-in-law had the same problem with her BP being really high in the morning and then dropping down as the day went on. She was told that she had an overactive liver. -Sharon Baldwin
Q: Hi. I went to the doctor recently and discovered that my blood pressure was 170/120. Very high. I have multiple chemical sensitivity, so it is very risky for me to take chemical drugs. This is why I came to herbs in the first place. I was so scared by this high bp number that I took diovan HCL. I was good on it for a month other than being very tired and I think I gained some weight, but yesterday my lips started to swell. Due to my multiple chemical sensitivity, I have a lot of allergic reactions, and antihistamines don't even work that good for me. It's a dangerous situation. So, i went off the diovan and called my doctor. He, of course, wants to put me on another prescription. When I read up on it, it said that if you go off it it can make your blood pressure worse. Well, with multiple chemical sensitivity, there is a good chance that I will have to go off it. I'm terrified to take it, and I'm terrified not to take it. I noticed that there is a Natures Sunshine Product called blodo pressure, but it's disclaimer on the net says that it is only for moderate high blood pressure under 160/95. Well, I'm above that. The other question I have is I have been under a great deal of stress this past year. My mother got pancreatic cancer, and I was her main care giver. She died. She was my best friend in the whole word. Right after she died, my father had a heart attack. I took care of him for three months. My father is a paranoid schitzophrenic who refused treatment, and he abused my mother very very badly. I have to live with all of those memories and wonder how to deal with my father. I treated my father very well and the doctors were very pleased with his care, but my dad got it in his head that I was out to put him in a nursing home - even though I quit my job and moved in with him and cared for him even though he tried all of my patience at sometimes it seemed on purpose. He spread a rumor to my family that I had tried to put him in a nursing home behind their back, and they all started screaming at me so bad that I had to leave and set a boundary of that I would not be around them any more unless my dad got treatment for his disease and the rest of my family got treatment for their co-dependency. I said that I would not follow in my mohter's footsteps of being abused. So, I found myself in loss of my entire family. As I contemplated that in counseling, I discovered that about 12 people I'd had to leave behind in my life since leaving my birth home 20 years ago had been a repeat of trying to save my father, and I've had to face that very painful revelation. Plus, my parents were of appalachian descent and not very well educated, so I stayed with them day and night at the hospital for over six months eating horrible for your health hospital food - why do they serve that fat laden salt laden stuff in hospitals? So, I told the doctor this and asked if it could be stress combined with the diet change and the weight gain that came from it. She said no. She said that stress does not make the bottom number in your blood pressure go up and that it must be organic. she told me that it was imperative that I be on medicines. Is she correct - is it not possible for stress to have caused this due to the bottom number being high. My question is is it possible that if I got on the high blood pressure and some good doses of Nutri-Calm that maybe herbs could work even with blood pressure this high - with the high bottom number being the primary concern here. Since I found out that my blood pressure was this high I have returned to my whole food diet and was exercising again while I was on the drug and my blood pressure was lower as I had been unable to exercise while I had been in the hospital with my parents. Please give me your advice. Thank you. -Rhonda
That's the first thing I was going to ask you -- whether you had been under stress. From personal experience, I can tell you that stress can make your BP skyrocket!! I cannot take blood pressure meds without severe reactions . . . BUT, have to tell you that Blood Pressurex doesn't seem to do anything for me either. Perhaps because mine happens from stress.

I was publishing the Sunshine Journal, LOVED IT. . . BUT, for the first time in my life I had high BP and could not get it down. I announced that I would not be doing any new issues to the Journal, and my BP dropped 30 points over night!!

I don't know if you can get rid of your stress or at least moderate it. . . . but, I'd try if I were you. Then consider taking Stress Pack, Stock #3022-1. See where your BP is at after a few days of that.

THEN, you might still want to try the Blood Pressurex. But, it won't negate your stress -- you need a good stress product for that + try to regulate your life to save your life.
-Georgiana
I need help
I have a good friend who has HTN
is there and good NSP herbs to help
He currently is on garlic parsley-capsicum
Thanks. -Howard
NSP has a product called Blood Pressurex that effective. I did find out from experience that stress can cause HBP all by itself. I removed the biggest stress in my life and my bp dropped 30 points overnight. Sometimes that can't be done -- then you might want to take something for stress. We have several good products -- one I can suggest is Stress-Pak. -Georgiana
Blood Pressure is pretty involved. There are many causes - HPB is a symptom. Stress can cause it - but a hormonal imbalance such as insulin resistance causes a lot of the problem. For women, lack of estrogen can cause an imbalance in the insulin levels in addition to insulin imbalance. Check out 'The Schwarzbein Principle' by Diana Schwarzbein. -Carole Rishel
My mom's blood pressure has been running really high 270/196 and fluctuates wildly. She took a prescription for a time, but wants to use something natural now. With the medicine or with Blood pressure X taken at night, her blood pressure will be up over 200 by morning. When we give her one Omega 3 it drops really low like 140/39 and she's afraid to take it. Does anyone know what all this means? Thanks in advance. -Jeanette
Omega 3 EPA can lessen anxiety, anxiety can raise blood pressure. I never had blood pressure that high -- but mine did drop 30 points overnight when I eliminated a stress I had. -Georgiana
What products and treatments are effective for lowering blood pressure. The information on Blood Pressure ex states that it is for maintaining already low blood pressure. Is this simply a statement to make the FDA happy? Can it also be used to lower blood pressure? How effective is garlic? And how about other nutrients such as calcium? Would Nutri-Calm be a good choice to reduce stress thereby helping to lower the blood pressure? Thank you for any information. Carole
Other causes for high blood pressure are the ratio of potassium to sodium. When either electrolyte is not in the right balance to the other blood pressure changes.

I would also look at the adrenals and pituitary gland because they affect these minerals.

Anyhow, Alfalfa has both potassium and sodium, and if any glands are off and are balanced give the appropriate supplements and you will get results...If the person does have a stressful life, I definitely agree with the Stress Pack. Best wishes. -Lourdes
Once my blood pressure went way up into the 200s. I had a friend take me to a Drs. He wrote a prescription and I toyed with getting it filled but thought I had been so many years without any drugs so went home and to a large dose of Dong Quai and A parasite combination. In 2 hours I was back to 120 over 60. At the moment I am going up and down but the stress is way up so I know I will seee/saw till the stress lifts. -Valerie
I found out from experience, that neither Blood Pressurex NOR drugs will lower blood pressure resulting from stress. I removed a stressful situation from my responsibilities and my blood pressure dropped 30 points in 24 hours. WOW!!

Have seen really good results from people with stress induced high blood pressure using "Stress Pack". Do try it!! -Georgiana
Excellent remedy for basic blood pressure problem:

1/2 body weight in ounces daily of water
4 stalks celery daily for two weeks, then 2 daily

If this doesn't fix it, consider

Herbs to clean the arteries (Mega Chel & Coll Minerals or Thai-Go or HS-II)

Herbs to handle water retention, strengthen kidneys (Kidney Activator, Dandelion, Herbal Trace Minerals, Cap/Gar/Parsley)

Herbs to cleanse the liver (Tiao He, LIV-J, Dandelion, etc)

Blood Pressurex - I don't know what's in it to explain the mechanism, but the comment is definitely to please the FDA. Usually use more than the bottle recommends to heal a symptom and bottle recommend is for maintenance. -Desiree
Q: 25 year old male with high blood pressure. it was discovered when he was about 8, or 9. He has headaches, and nosebleeds. -Donna
Water and minerals. Check the structure for imbalance. -- Atlas Bone. S. Mitchell
What are the best 3 or 4 NSP products to get blood pressure down quickly? It has been gradually going up for about a year and is now 158/90. This is a 53 year old female, and she wants to get it down so that her M.D. will stop pressuring her to go on medication.
Is it reasonable to expect to get it started going down in a month or so with supplements?
Thank you all. -Lillyanna
I found out from experience that my blood pressure went up to almost exactly that FROM STRESS! As soon as I eliminated the stress -- the blood pressure dropped 30 points overnight.

Blood pressure CAN also go up if there is plaque in the arteries.. . . . That's a thought. Start with Blood Pressurex. One product -- but enough of it. Perhaps, 4 of them, 3 times a day to see if it works. IF that doesn't work, try Mega Chel Program (do search). OR you may want to try Stress Pack, and Blood Pressurex, and see where you're at. -Georgiana
Let me ask if your client has these other symptoms...she may be low in her electrolytes, Potassium and Sodium.

Does she feel listless, weak? Is she feeling a little depressed?

Is she a person that does many activities that cause her to perspire? Or is she under much stress (which will deplete Sodium if her adrenals are under active).

If you can muscle test her test for these electrolytes (the MT points are right where the jaw bone hinges to the skull; towards the ears).

The left side jaw area is Sodium point, the right side is Potassium point. Just have your client say "Sodium" or "Potassium" and test muscle (after you have checked polarity of course).

You'll find out if she is low in these electrolytes.

If she is low Carrot Juice would be great to start her on while you get herthe herb Alfalfa (6 a day) which is rich in sodium and potassium.

If these minerals are low and they begin to be replenished she will see a difference in just 7-10 days. Best wishes. -Lourdes Martinez
Thank you for all the info on blood pressure. The new message today states she might be low in sodium, but I thought it would be the potassium that is low, not sodium, thus the low sodium diets. What am I not understanding?

She has already started the Blood Pressurex, Adrenal support and Omega 3's.

She has also been on MetaboMax EF - Would that raise her blood pressure? -Lillyanna
Donald Lepore in his book, The Ultimate Healing System, states that the systolic number the higher number (i.e. 110/75) is influenced by the lack of Sodium and the diastolic is influenced by the lack of Potassium. It seems she is lower in sodium than potassium but she is also low in potassium by the numbers you posted; 158/90.

What you are referring to is where there is a lot of confusion. When someone is initially diagnosed with high blood pressure the electrolytes should be the first thing to check (of course if these are okay, then there may be some obstruction, i.e. plaque or food allergies that are causing the pressure to rise because of the body's reaction to the allergenic foods).

The reason is because when Potassium falls very low and is very off balance to Sodium the person begins to get edema (water retention) and the edema cause high blood pressure because the blood is having a harder time circulating. So what should be done is not lower the Sodium which brings both electrolytes dangerously low, but instead elevate the Potassium that it is balanced once more to the Sodium level. It will get rid of all edema and the pressure will get back to normal.

Or it can also be the case that both electrolytes are low.

I don't think that the MetaboMax would cause high blood pressure.

Something did though. Did she or does she suffer from loose stools/diarrhea?

Again, look for things that can cause a depletion in the electrolytes. Again, if she is low in adrenal function then that causes low sodium...potassium easily depletes with a lot of perspiration.

Does she have a juicer by any chance? If she does she can juice about 4 oz. of celery juice and take that every day for the next 15 days (while her adrenals begins to hold on to Sodium)...this has organic Sodium and will bring down her systolic number...

In Donald Lepore's accounts he says that "We have brought down the systolic number twenty points in six minutes by administering five ounces of celery juice to a client...We administered three ounces of carrot juice (high in Potassium) to the client and found the diastolic number had lowered ten points." Hope this is helpful. -Lourdes Martinez
Thanks again for the info. She hasn't had edema or diarrhea and is light in perspiration. However, I did find out that her mother (73) has had very high blood pressure in the last few years, and had to have surgery for a blocked artery, after having a light stroke.

She is under a lot of stress, and like Georgiana said, that can cause a problem. But it doesn't look like the stress will be going away anytime soon, as she has some large projects to complete in the next year, like building a house and is currently in the process of selling and moving. She is using stress reduction meditation, but still says she feels out of control and very anxious at times, to the point of having to isolate herself from people. She has low energy and cannot deal with much.
Thank you all for your ideas. -Lillyanna
I too have high blood pressure and though I have tried everything the items that help the most are Alfalfa (for sodium/potassium), Calcium-Magnesium (to relax the arteries) and Nutri Calm(for the stress). -Michelle
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Nature's Sunshine Products NSP Forum Index -> Forum Archive All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: