Nature's Sunshine Products NSP Forum Index Nature's Sunshine Products NSP
For customer and distributor discussions of Nature's Sunshine Products. Not an official site of NSP.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Blood Pressure - Diabetes

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Nature's Sunshine Products NSP Forum Index -> Forum Archive
View previous topic :: View next topic  
CombinedNSP
Site Admin

PostPosted: Dec Sat 16, 2006 9:17 pm    Post subject: Blood Pressure - Diabetes Reply with quote

Blood Pressure - Diabetes

A lady in her 50's suddenly developed both diabetes and blood pressure and really is looking for some natural help. -Cindy Ward
- - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Curiously, is she someone who had a rotten lifestyle but seemed to never have problems - healthy no matter what she ate, drank, etc. Also- is she an O type? -Leslie Lechner
Do you have any more information? These are very serious issues and to really get to the root of the imbalances some background information and possibly some testing like blood work etc. would be very helpful. - Judy
Make sure you support the adrenals....Suma, Nervous Fatigue, Adrenal Support, Citrus Bios, Master Gland...... -LeRae McBroom
Here is the lady's story on her blood pressure and diabetes problem - what should she start with? -Cindy Ward
"Cindy, I was first diagnosed with gestational diabetes in 1984 during my 2nd pregnancy. At first, I controlled it with diet but toward the end of the pregnancy I moved to insulin injections until the delivery. The doctors delivered my son two weeks early due to elevated blood pressure at this point.
Following the birth, the diabetes went away until 1989 when I experienced an extremely rapid loss of weight, uncontrollable thirst, etc. I started taking Glucophage at this time which controlled the diabetes. In 1990, I finally ended a very unpleasant marriage, moved to Midland to be closer to my sister, had a hysterectomy, and added insulin to my diabetes regimen. (How's that for a stressful life!!) The high blood pressure continued to plague me, but I have had it under control for quite awhile.
A year ago, I was able to reduce my insulin intake to only a sliding scale when I
started taking Glucovance. Reducing the insulin helped me lose some weight which
also helped the blood sugar levels go down. However, losing my sister in 2002 and the stress related to this and settling her estate, have sent the blood sugar levels on a roller coaster. I find that staying on a low-carb diet helps immensely - boring - but helpful.
Thanks for your interest and please let me know if I can send more info. I will be looking forward to hearing from you." Renee C.
Blood Pressure & Blood Sugar - Both are escalating this week. I doubled my Atenolol several days ago and my blood pressure is still getting higher and higher each day. This morning the reading was 172/100 even after increasing my meds. I hate to go to the MD but if this continues I will have to. My blood sugar is also excalating at the same time. I cannot identify the problem. Stress does not seem any more than I normally have with a drinking husband.

What could be some causes? I have an appointment with Kim Balas for a consultation in 2 weeks but will have to do something before that if this continues. Suggestions? -Barbara Moldenhauer
Have you tried eating celery - and lots of it? have you tried any virus killers - like olive leaf? have you tried Blood Pressurex? Have you tried Red Rice - this will typically pop it down - but use it just as a tool to do this - then go off Have you tried Chinese Stress Relief? -Kasara D'Elene
Something very simple to do is increase water intake to half your body weight. If there is any dehydration, the blood can get thicker and harder to pump, thus increasing the pressure needed to deliver the nutrients and oxygen.

Perhaps you are doing this, but I'd support the heart with 400-600 mg of COQ10 -Bob
Do you have any idea why this might be happening that it is higher every day this week? I only use Real salt and did just recently add potassium. Could that have anything to do with it? I don't think I have changed anything else lately.

Thank you for your help, I will try the things I have of what you suggest. -Barbara Moldenhauer
I am faithful with drinking water, seldom have less than the suggested amount. I also do CoQ10 but I have been taking 4 per day of the 75's so will up that. Thank you. -Barbara Moldenhauer
Could be virus - which are always unpredictable could be you are stressed more than you actually think you are - at least your body might be stressed even if you think you aren't could be a chemical inbalance

could be lots of things....

what else has changed in your life in the past week - food wise, people wise, work wise, herb wise, etc.... just some ideas... -Kasara D'Elene
Have you ever done a environment toxin detox? I used to take atenolol and another bp drug... after doing my cleanses, I was able to get off both my meds. -Kim S

It is probably trying to balance itself out. The potassium ratio should be more than the salt. Perhaps you have been ingesting to much salt without realizing this? I would try for me adding some potassium enriched fruits and vegetables along with the supplement until the BP stabilizes. I am not so sure I want to eat celery with high blood pressure, but that is just me. -Darcy
I always love liquid Hawthorne, liquid lobelia (a little) and liquid capsicum together for quick results- -Nora Weigl
from Karen Doolan's Blog:
One friend suffering from high blood pressure due to mercury poisoning had her blood pressure return to normal after eating two teaspoons of this pesto daily for only a week. So whether you need to detoxify heavy metals from your body or just wish to use it as a preventative measure, 2 teaspoons a day is all you need to take.

*Cilantro Chelation Pesto*
*Author Unknown*

4 cloves garlic
1/3 cup Brazil nuts (selenium)
1/3 cup sunflower seeds (cysteine)
1/3 cup pumpkin seeds (zinc, magnesium)
2 cups packed fresh cilantro (coriander, Chinese parsley) (vitamin A)
2/3 cup NSP Flaxseed Oil
4 tablespoons lemon juice (vitamin C)
2 tsp dulse powder (or substitute 1/2 t. NSP Dulse liquid) Sea salt to taste

Process the cilantro and flaxseed oil in a blender until the coriander is chopped. Add the garlic, nuts and seeds, dulse and lemon juice and mix until the mixture is finely blended into a paste. Add a pinch to sea salt to taste and blend again. Store in dark glass jars if possible. It freezes well, so purchase cilantro in season and fill enough jars to last through the year.

Cilantro has been proven to chelate toxic metals from our bodies in a relatively short period of time. Combined with the benefits of the other ingredients, this recipe is a powerful tissue cleanser.

Two teaspoons of this pesto daily for three weeks is purportedly enough to increase the urinary excretion of mercury, lead and aluminum, thus effectively removing these toxic metals from our bodies. We can consider doing this cleanse for three weeks at least once a year. The pesto is delicious on toast, baked potatoes, and pasta. -Nora Weigl
Nora, I made this on Monday and you weren't kidding that it is delicious. I use it as a
spread on my sandwiches instead of butter or mayonnaise (and I LOVE mayonnaise). I've completely substituted with this pesto and sometimes will go in and just grab a spoonful of it. Now I can't wait to get my blood pressure checked. Thank you SO much for sending this. -Nolee
Hello, My recommendations would be to check for thyroid imbalance /shut down. Also you mentioned your husband Are you holding back on expressing yourself in this situation. If so more reasons to check thyroid I would use Anuma 4/day, kelp 2/3 per day and marjoram EO -Terri
Q: I would like to know of any successes in treating high blood pressure and diabetes. I have both. -Peg
The bowels are extremely important to have moving 3 times daily. If you are skipping days with your bowel movements start with Cascara Sagrada and once they are moving 3 times daily stop Cascara and start with Psyllium Hulls with lots of water throughout the day. I would like to know your blood type. Type O - I have given SynerProTein to diabetics and I have got some off their insulin with it. Take 2 scoops daily. One with breakfast lunch and minutes before bed. Also take GreenZone with each meal for the pancreas. Take HY-A and for blood pressure try the combination of Capsicum, Garlic, Parsley. Stay away from any refined carbohydrates, white sugar, white flour, alcohol, coffee, tea, food chemicals, dairy and table salt. Use celtic or sea salt instead. Eat organic fruits and vegetables, whole grains and chew your food a minimum of 30 times each bite. -Mike
NSP has many great formulas to help nutritionally support the pancreas as well as the circulatory system. Let's begin by asking about your bowel habits are you having fluffy floating bm's 3 times a day? Many times these health challenges begin in the bowel where toxic waste is being stored up un-naturally. Fat Grabbers and Magnesium taken separately is a really good place to begin, making sure you drink plenty of pure water daily. Body weight divided by 2, amount of oz daily. It will help the body in many areas. Any program should be followed for three months to really be able to see differences. I would see what symptoms these two things help with, then work on what's left. -Nancy
Nancy, Thanks for the answer. Can I do this while nursing my baby or should I wait until I wean her? If you take the Fat Grabbers begin slowly to adjust to this new food at different times than your food so that it doesn't grab all the fat to produce nutritious mother's milk. I think Fat Grabbers will be beneficial. I like Fat Grabbers because they will help the hbp and the blood sugar with the Magnesium. You have to watch the baby's bowel movements. If they become too loose adjust the Magnesium to less. Magnesium is essential for the heart. As Mike recommended Green Zone would be good and make great mother's milk. The SynerProTein would also be safe. I would not use Cascara at this time and the Capsicum Garlic and Parsley may make baby gassy. Whatever you eat will also get to the baby. You're taking lots of nutritious supplements and foods right? You can start with these as long as you're conditions are under control. Right now I would no pursue a full program until after you're done nursing. Don't be in a hurry. They grow up too fast. Don't forget, lots of pure water. I really don't know about the HY-A so I would use GTF Chromium which is essential for the pancreas.
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Nature's Sunshine Products NSP Forum Index -> Forum Archive All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: