Nature's Sunshine Products NSP Forum Index Nature's Sunshine Products NSP
For customer and distributor discussions of Nature's Sunshine Products. Not an official site of NSP.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Bladder - Infection

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Nature's Sunshine Products NSP Forum Index -> Forum Archive
View previous topic :: View next topic  
CombinedNSP
Site Admin

PostPosted: Dec Sat 16, 2006 9:28 pm    Post subject: Bladder - Infection Reply with quote

Bladder - Infection

I have a bad bladder infection and cannot find my information on what to take. Right now I'm taking Aloe Vera Juice, Liquid Chlorophyl, 2000 mg of Vitamin C at least 3 times a day and just finished taking cranberry caps (ran out). Drinking at least 3 quarts of water a day. I don't want to take antibiotics if at all possible and don't have the money to pay for all the expensive medical stuff. Thanks -Marianne
- - - - - - - - - - - - - -
This is 100%. . . . . JP-X, Start with 6, 2 or 3 times a day. Gradually taper off -- take the entire bottle. THEN take Cranberry-Buchu and Probiotic 11 to reestablish good bacteria to help prevent it from reoccurring. -Georgiana Duncan
If you read Georgiana's answer, that's a big help!
This is THE reason I got into herbs! They helped me to get OVER these infections for good! I used many products then because we didn't have the following: I would use Cranberry/Buchu and Urinary Maintenance - about 6 of each every hour or two until the infection is gone while avoiding SUGAR, which will make the bacteria grow. Then a maintenance dose for 3 months (plus 1 month for every year you've had these problems) to strengthen and BUILD the Urinary system. Wiping from front to back, wearing only cotton panties, avoiding pantyhose, rinsing off after intercourse, these are all helpful tips that I found in a book on cystitis. Nutri-Calm helps rebuild the nervous system from all the stress of the infections.... At first tingle, you tense up and say, "oh NO! Not another one!"

The last thing I had to do was go on a candida diet program, because the antibiotics (which made me sicker than the infection)had caused yeast overgrowth, which in turn, caused infections - it was a viscous cycle... round and round we go. So, I would also look into that. -Nancy Coulter
My herbalist advocates taking Cornsilk capsules to ward off an infection along with a good Acidophilus.

I managed to avoid UTI's for over 4 yrs but am feeling like I'm coming down with one now but I can't get in touch with my herbalist to know how much Cornsilk to take. I figured I'd take 4 capsules every few hrs and see what happens.

I don't have the time to go to the doctor and I don't want to take antibiotics either. I am taking Uristat to help ease the 'urgency' feelings. I HATE These things!! -Patricia
Something that I have tried and works very fast is putting Wild Oregano Oil in a capsule, 4drops and take the capsule right away. Do it 2x first day then 1x following day for a couple days. Should be better after first couple doses. -Virginia Dassler
I had this problem about 10 years ago....I read a book on this. It said to cut back on sugars. Fruit sugars. Back off on sugar, sugar, sugar. During the times I thought I was eating right. I would increase my fruit intake. I would get one bladder infection after another. Increase vitamin C. Lots of water. I eat sugar now. Being unbalanced is the main problem. Increase vegies, not fruit. I had to get rid of the infection with a prescription first. I tried my ND and natural products. It did not get rid of the infection. It just cost me money and it went into my kidneys. Do prevention during and after the prescription. Hope this helps you, like it helped me. -Teresa McIntyre
Note from Kay: Take one Cranberry/Buchu capsules and 2 Probiotics (Probiotic 11 or L. Reuteri) to avoid chronic infections from recurring. Don't drink cranberry juice that is sweetened with sugar or other juice as the sugar will set up conditions ripe for an infection. Stress Pack is my favorite product for dealing with stress.

Tip: Avoiding Bladder Infections by Dr. Weil

Bladder infections (cystitis) are a common, annoying problem, especially among women, whose urinary anatomy makes them more vulnerable than men. Conventional medicine treats cystitis with courses of antibiotics and urinary anesthetics, which are effective, but often fail to change patterns of recurrent infection.

Common causes and aggravating factors of cystitis include coffee and other forms of caffeine, cigarette and alcohol use, dehydration, excessively frequent or traumatic sex, stress, and poor hygiene (such as wiping from back to front instead of front to back).

To end recurrent cystitis, eliminate bladder irritants from your life. Increase your intake of water so that you urinate more frequently. Cranberries contain a substance that makes it difficult for bacteria to adhere to the wall of the bladder, so drink eight to 16 ounces of unsweetened cranberry juice a day, or try 500mg daily of cranberry extract. Avoid feminine deodorant products, and urinate immediately after sexual activity. Don't hold on to urine when you feel the urge to urinate. Consume probiotic foods, such as yogurt. And finally, try to neutralize the causes of stress, which can affect your urinary system. -Kay Lubecke, Author of Recipes for Success
Q: What can I recommend for someone who gets severe bladder infections about twice a year and relies on prescriptions to clear it up? (had a "bladder suspension" 5 years ago...whatever that is. -Lucinda
- - - - - - - - - -
IF they have a bladder infection -- JP-X, 6 three times the first two days, then cut down to 2 times daily, cutting down gradually after that. Be sure to finish at least one bottle. THEN, to prevent -- be sure to be taking a probiotic and Cranberry/Buchu.

The Cranberry & Buchu will provide an environment in the bladder that will discourage the development of bacteria that cause an infection.

I'm sure she won't have any further problems once she starts with these products. -Georgiana
- - - - - - - - - -
Bifidophilus also for maintenance

Thai-Go would also help repair the supporting connective tissue, the "suspension" probably is the new word for "tying up" the bladder after it "falls." -Desiree
Q: My daughter has bladder infections what I would call way too much. @ 3 x year. She also does not have a regular period. Several months she will skip altogether and then be ok for awhile. Then have 2 in one month. She is 21 years old. She is not sexually active. All of the hygiene topics have been reviewed. She no longer drinks sodas, and have been on the cranberry juices. How much do bladder and hormones go hand in hand? Where do we start? -Donna
- - - - - - - - - -
Donna, I do believe that bladder infections can be hormonal-related at times. I have found that those with an thyroid, adrenal issue, or autoimmune problem can have an increased incidence of bladder infections (myself included). Bladder infections can also be caused by allergies (food or environmental), tampons which can hinder waste elimination, pelvic congestion from chronic constipation, dehydration, weak bladder and/or kidneys and even stress. Even heavy, painful menstrual periods are known to be a possible cause. Make sure your daughter is using proper cleansing technique after elimination (e.g. wiping from front to back, as not to infect the vaginal/urethral area with feces that can lead to infection). Also, how is your daughters elimination pattern? If she is constipated, she may want to take a fiber supplement. Make sure when your daughter has the urge to empty her bladder, that she doesn't ignore this, as this can result in a bladder infection. Another thing is douching - Some women like to clean the vagina by pushing water up into it while in the bath, however this can lead to an irritation of the urethra and/or infection of the bladder if the bath is filled with soapy and/or dirty water. Also, have her avoid acid-forming foods (caffeine, tomatoes, and chocolate)and reduce or eliminate sugary foods, carbonated drinks, fried, salty and fatty foods, pasteurized dairy foods and reducing meat protein. Add alkalizing foods such as celery, watermelon, blueberries, green drinks, garlic and onions. Make sure she is drinking plenty of pure water for cleansing--This is very, very important. In supplemental form I would suggest the Cranberry/Buchu formula, Urinary Maintenance and Marshmallow. Also, I have read that structural problems or spinal misalignment can cause problems/weakness with the kidneys. In this case, KB-C and Horsetail could be beneficial. And then if there is a hormonal issue (e.g. thyroid, adrenal or other), this will have to be addressed before results may be seen. Hope this helps in some way. -Gina
- - - - - - - - - -
Just a thought or reminder. My experience and research....Yeast takes time to get rid of. Avoid most fruits and fruit juices for the time being. The cranberry juice should be without added sugars.

Once I read the book, "Yeast Connection" I was able to end my constant bladder infections quit easily. That was 15 years ago. Being balanced with foods is the key. It only took me a couple of weeks without fruit to heal.

It is very difficult to get rid of a yeast infection that is in progress without a prescription. I tried everything. I had a great licensed N.D; D.C. His products and procedures did not work, and he never mentioned anything about my diet or the fruits.

You could add Acidophilus to her diet too. Lots of vegies, greens, Clean water. Positive action and positive thoughts. Hope this helps..... -Teresa Mc..
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Nature's Sunshine Products NSP Forum Index -> Forum Archive All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: