Nature's Sunshine Products NSP Forum Index Nature's Sunshine Products NSP
For customer and distributor discussions of Nature's Sunshine Products. Not an official site of NSP.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Black Ointment

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Nature's Sunshine Products NSP Forum Index -> Forum Archive
View previous topic :: View next topic  
CombinedNSP
Site Admin

PostPosted: Dec Sat 16, 2006 9:38 pm    Post subject: Black Ointment Reply with quote

Black Ointment

Label Description
Black Ointment is a combination of herbs, oils, and beeswax that helps to tighten, tone, and firm the skin. Black Ointment™ [Skin] is designed for topical use. It contains extracts of chaparral herb, lobelia herb, comfrey leaf, golden seal root, plantain root, red clover herb, mullein herb, marshmallow root, chickweed herb and myrrh gum in a base of olive oil, beeswax, pine tar and vitamin E oil. Apply Black Ointment liberally as often as needed. Store in a cool dry place. Do not refrigerate. Nature's Sunshine uses natural source materials in its products that are subject to color variation.
- - - - - - - - - - - - - -
I use Black Ointment as a drawing salve. I have used it a base and added White Oak Bark, Vari-Gone, and Intestinal Soothe & Build for use as a topical ointment for external hemorrhoids. It worked very quickly. I emptied the contents of one capsule for every tablespoon of Black Ointment I used. -Laura Russell
In my herbal hour on an herbal medicine cabinet, I shared the following about Black Ointment's historical uses and testimonials. As a drawing and disinfectant salve, it has been used for skin cancers, skin tags, warts, rashes, acne, other skin ailments and sores, etc. And another testimonial was shared -- age spots! This stuff is amazing! -Susan Agee
Black Ointment on Skin Tags
I have a skin tag on my eyelid and wonder if anyone has ever used Black Ointment on an eyelid. Does it hurt your eye? Would sure like to get rid of this, but not at the risk of injuring my eyesight.

In one of Dr. Jim Jenk's lectures, he mentioned a testimonial using NSP's Black Ointment for skin cancer. They put a generous dab over the skin cancer and covered with a Band-Aid. They changed the ointment twice a day and within a week the skin cancer came right off. We went home and tried this on one of my husband's skin tags. Within two days, the skin tag (looked like a little miniature finger) came off right in the Band-Aid! Internally I have heard of E-Tea (Essiac), Pau d'Arco, and Uña De Gato as helping with weakened immune systems as cancer. -Kay Lubecke
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
I am curious about this as well. My 79-year-old mother has a skin tag on her eyelid that the doctor wants to surgically remove and she is terrified. Is the action of covering the area and the Black Ointment with a Band-Aid part of the working process of the Black Ointment? If so, how would you do that short of an eye patch? -E. B. Neeley
I have used Black Ointment on my eyelids for over a month (this was several months ago), applying it every night. I used it to get rid of bacteria on my eyelid that was causing flaking and irritation. I had no problem whatsoever with it. -Debby Henning
Black Ointment is good for skin tags, warts, skin cancers, rashes, etc. -Susan

Black Ointment on Insect Bites
"I was bitten by some sort of insect while asleep on a couch. I never saw the insect, but I certainly noticed the bite. I thought it would take care of itself like most bites do, but it kept getting redder, sorer, and harder. After a couple of weeks I started to get worried about it and showed it to my wife (Marianne), who (after scolding me for not telling her before) suggested that I should try putting on some Black Ointment. Just a little dab, she said. I did that, and covered it with a Band-Aid. Two days later the bite softened to the point where I could squeeze out a bunch of pus and blood. I continued to use Black Ointment, squeezing out some more gunk each time. On the third application, the bite puncture was healed over. Just to be safe I applied Black Ointment once more, and that was it, although it took a bit longer for the redness to fully disappear. -Jon Petersen
Here is what Herbal Dave's Notebook CD has regarding this product.
Black Ointment® (Handout)

System: Skin
Drawing, healing salve used on boils, splinters/slivers, infection, tumors etc. Seems to help draw foreign and unhealthy materials to the surface and expel them. Apply a generous layer of the slick black goo topically and cover with a bandage. Not for internal use. Contains chaparral herb, lobelia herb, comfrey leaf, golden seal root, plantain root, red clover herb, mullein herb, marshmallow root, chickweed herb, myrrh gum, in a base of olive oil, beeswax, pine tar and vitamin E oil. Chaparral has been restored to the formula after being removed for several years (FDA requirement). Lanolin has been removed to improve texture and absorption.
Stock No. 1696-9 (1 oz.)
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Black Ointment™ (Handout)
Black Ointment, designed for topical use on the skin, is used for injuries and chronic skin problems. An absorbing herbal salve, it is anodyne, antibiotic, anti-poisonous, emollient and purifying, and helps to tighten, tone, and firm the skin. It contains extracts of chaparral herb, lobelia herb, comfrey leaf, golden seal root, plantain herb, red clover tops, mullein herb, marshmallow root, chickweed herb, and myrrh gum in a base of olive oil, beeswax, pine tar, and vitamin E oil.

Chaparral herb has a long history as a blood purifier, anti-inflammatory, used to help remove warts. The herb's effectiveness against other forms of skin diseases may be attributed to its antimicrobial properties, its ability to increase ascorbic acid levels in the adrenal glands, and its tonic quality.

Lobelia herb is used externally for bruises, insect bites, sprains, felons, ringworm, erysipelas, and poison ivy irritation.

Comfrey leaf promotes cell growth and repair work, making it a good external application for bronchitis, pleurisy, and for the pain and inflammation of pulled tendons. Topical salves and creams are the most common uses of comfrey today

Golden seal root is a native American medicinal drug introduced to early settlers by Cherokee Indians who used it as a wash for skin diseases. Berberine, an active constituent, is antibacterial, antifungal and immuno stimulatory.

Plantain root helps pull tissues together for healing (astringent), is antiseptic and diuretic, besides cooling, soothing and healing. Plantain is excellent for repairing both acute and chronic wounds and is a superior remedy for neuralgia pain. Native Americans used plantain as an effective remedy for burn and bee stings.

Red clover herb is an excellent blood purifier, used for skin problems, eczema, inflammation of joints and jaundice.

Mullein herb is a great painkiller, anodyne, anti-inflammatory and has a calming effect on all inflamed and irritated nerves. It is primarily mucilaginous or demulcent, which makes it soothing, softening, emollient and healing. Mullein has been used to treat pain, sores, spasms, sprains, swollen joints, warts, mumps, whooping cough and wounds.

Marshmallow root is rich in mucilage, is diuretic and emollient. It soothes inflamed skin and has been used to heal abscesses, boils, gangrene, and whooping cough.

Chickweed herb has been used to dissolve warts and other skin growths, for abscesses, acne, boils, burns, dry skin, fatty tumors, fever, gout, ulcers, inflammation, irritated skin, itchy skin, psoriasis, rheumatism, skin diseases, sores, swelling, tumors, ulcerations and wounds.

Myrrh gum is an astringent, a powerful healing antiseptic for sores or wounds.
Source: NSP from A to Z, January 2001

This information is for educational purposes only, and should not be used to diagnose or treat any disease. If you suspect that you have a serious medical problem, please consult the health practitioner of your choice.
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Nature's Sunshine Products NSP Forum Index -> Forum Archive All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: