Nature's Sunshine Products NSP Forum Index Nature's Sunshine Products NSP
For customer and distributor discussions of Nature's Sunshine Products. Not an official site of NSP.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Birth Control

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Nature's Sunshine Products NSP Forum Index -> Forum Archive
View previous topic :: View next topic  
CombinedNSP
Site Admin

PostPosted: Dec Sat 16, 2006 9:40 pm    Post subject: Birth Control Reply with quote

Birth Control

Can someone give me information about the natural birth control methods they have used or used on their clients which are "effective"? I remember one method mentioned which I had never heard about before, but can't remember the name of it. Thanks in advance! -Regina King
- - - - - - - - - - - - - -
The Symptom-Thermal method is the one my husband and I use, and have been using for about 1 year. It is amazing how accurate it is and it only takes minutes in the morning and not every day. A lot of Catholic Church Dioses have couples that teach it through Natural Family Planning or Couple to Couple League. We went to two classes, 5 weeks apart so we could learn how to "chart". It is really important to go to a class, they are taught by volunteers and have nothing to sell you. The couple who taught us were really good, he is a Chiropractor and they had been using this method for 15 years. You do not have to be Catholic, we are not and were treated very nicely there. We are in our mid 40's and this has given us peace of mind over worrying about getting pregnant. Annette Mason
Aside from abstinence, which will give 100% protection, the next most reliable method when it is fully understood and used properly is 'sympto-thermal'. This is not rhythm or calendar! This is learning to use the basal temperature, cervical mucous, and cervix position and texture to predict ovulation and then confirm ovulation. Probably one of the best books ever written on the subject is on by Toni Weschler - Taking Charge of Your Fertility.

This method is as reliable as the pill, has not side effects, involves periods of abstinence, encourages couple communication, and teaches women and men about how a woman's body really works! -Judith Cobb
www.cobblestonehealth.com
From what I understand about using Wild Yam as birth control, it makes the egg impermeable it doesn't abort. You have to take it consistently for it to be effective. There is no need to stop for a week to allow the period to come. You'll lose your protection if you do that. You will start bleeding when you are supposed to. I don't know that it suppresses ovulation. The cream has not been used for birth control only the capsules. I recommend that you read a copy of the booklet Wild Yam: Birth Control Without Fear. It will answer a lot of your questions and explains how Wild Yam works. I really like being on the Wild Yam. My periods aren't as heavy and I don't have cramps or tailbone pain. It makes me feel good emotionally. Those are the only side effects I've encountered. -Dawn Pfaff C.H.
[Or Lemon Essential Oil?]
Lemons for Birth Control?
After investigating traditional contraceptive techniques, an eminent Australian-based scientist has proved that lemon juice diluted five to one with water kills HIV and sperm within seconds.

Roger Short's findings will be made public in a scientific paper read at The Ninth International Symposium on Spermatology at the University of the Western Cape next week.

A woman whose husband insists on "nyama to nyama" can protect herself against HIV transmission with a small sponge and watered-down lemon juice, perhaps leaving him none the wiser. Men may also anoint themselves with the acidic juice to prevent transmission.

The abstract of the paper says: "Historically, lemon juice on a sponge, or half a lemon placed over the cervix, was widely used as an effective contraceptive. We have shown that 20% lemon juice (final concentration) in human semen irreversibly immobilizes 100% of sperm in less than 30 seconds. A similar concentration also rapidly inactivates HIV. Thus intra-vaginal lemon juice might provide a cheap, readily available and extremely effective way of stopping the sexual transmission of HIV, whilst also providing contraception."

Dr. Mercola's Comment:
These are the types of therapies I love -- inexpensive, completely natural and no side effects. While this method is appealing on many levels it would certainly seem that this approach needs careful scrutiny as to its effectiveness.

However, one variation of the above might be to use half of a lemon and scoop out some of the insides but retain some of the actual lemon and juice and use it as a "cap" to actually cover the cervix. Not only would this serve as a barrier to the sperm from actually entering the uterus, but, as the article above suggests, the lemon juice appears to act as an effective spermicidal agent.

Until further data is in, it seems like this approach is safe enough and potentially effective enough to considering if you pregnancy avoidance is not an absolute must.
http://www.mercola.com/2002/oct/26/lemons.htm -LeRae
There is a booklet out called, "Wild Yam, Birth Control Without Fear", by Willa Shaffer. It tells exactly how to take wild yam for birth control I believe you must take it for 3(?) months running and cannot miss a single dose before you can be sure of the protection. -Judy
Dr. Christopher told his clients, "Orange Juice."
Client: "Orange Juice, eh? Before or After?"
Dr Christopher: "Instead of."

Some folks say Wild Yam makes you more fertile while others say it acts as birth control. Even those chemical pills shots are not guaranteed to prevent pregnancy and most act as abortifacients. Either way, there is only one sure way to not get pregnant, which is a little difficult for newlyweds. Have you ever done research into the fertility/calendar information? -Miss Sunshine
I have been using the Wild Yam for birth control for about 4 or 5 years now. From reading the booklet and Willa's other book, I figured that you needed 10 capsules a day of our Wild Yam and that is what I have been taking (5 in the morning and 5 at night). The author also mentioned that you needed to be on it for 2 months before you are completely "safe" and you cannot miss even one dosage of it. -Christine Marquez
Birth Control - Natural
I am looking for a way to get off the pill. I have been using it for years now and I feel its causing my sex drive to be almost extinct and I am in my 39's. Please help. I was told that Wild Yam, if taken - capsules - every day is almost the same as the pill. How effective is this. Should I take all ten capsules at the same time or through out the day? Has anyone tried it? Any testimonies? What other herbs can I also use? Thanx for the advice. -Melissa
Hi Melissa, I have been using the Wild Yam for birth control for a little over 2 years now according to the directions given by Willa Shaffer in her book, Diary of a Country Midwife By her recommendations and my calculations you must take 10 capsules of NSP's Wild Yam per day. I take in the morning and in the evening. You also must take it faithfully for months before relying on it solely and you must never miss taking it or you may become pregnant and the months begins all over again. I have been very pleased with this method although I may not be the best example of how well it works. I cannot risk another pregnancy right now so we have chosen to combine the use of the Wild Yam with the withdrawal method. -Christine
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Nature's Sunshine Products NSP Forum Index -> Forum Archive All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: