Nature's Sunshine Products NSP Forum Index Nature's Sunshine Products NSP
For customer and distributor discussions of Nature's Sunshine Products. Not an official site of NSP.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Bipolar Disorder

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Nature's Sunshine Products NSP Forum Index -> Forum Archive
View previous topic :: View next topic  
CombinedNSP
Site Admin

PostPosted: Dec Sat 16, 2006 9:41 pm    Post subject: Bipolar Disorder Reply with quote

Bipolar Disorder

I have been just been diagnosed as being bipolar. I am having a real hard time handling it all. With taking new medications is their something along with my medications that I can take to help with coping, like stress vitamins for example. Or could I try something else. Just thought I would ask. Thanks, -Debbie
- - - - - - - - - - - - - -
I recently reviewed a Booklet of Natural Remedies that I picked up at an NSP Meeting and here's what they suggest...

Super Algae, 4 capsules, 2 - 3 times per day
B-Complex
Mood Elevator (Chinese combination for depression)
Chinese Mineral Chi Tonic (to help balance the poles/meridians)
Slow Release Gingko (I would talk to a Pharmacist or Master Herbalist about this one to make sure it is okay to take along with your prescription).

For diet, they highly recommend giving up sugar, dairy, alcohol, soda, caffeine, artificial sweeteners (especially aspartame), and food colorings. Candida (yeast) is often a problem.

I realize it is an overwhelming time for you, but please take heart, as there are many success stories out there! Some are included on the following mental health research site: http://www.alternativementalhealth.com/articles/

Your body is trying to tell you what it needs, and when you find the right treatments it will let you know. - Amanda
Q: Every female member of our family has been diagnosed, and one male. I would like to know if there is something I can give my 10 year old other than the prescriptions normally given. An herbalist had recommended some things, but she is unsure how safe they would be on a 10 year old who weighs 70 pounds. She has a good diet, and good health, but she is a victim of sexual molestation by her step-father who upon confession commit suicide, and has been through 2 years of therapy with no progress. I feel helpless, and I want my smiling little girl back. Please help. -Chrispen Jennings
Additional products for bi-polar disorder-
Essentials liquid minerals (contains
lithium, which is commonly prescribed for bi-polar disorder, in addition to other minerals).
Vitamin B Complex is also crucial to brain function.

I recently found out about a video (Masks of Madness) which is being distributed by the Canadian Schizophrenia Foundation regarding complementary medicine and mental illness. It features a dialogue between leading Orthomolecular Psychiatrist Dr. Abram Hoffer and actress Margot Kidder. Margot has managed to wean herself off of medications for her manic-depression and she describes her program. -Amanda
web site: www.truehope.com
Q: Client has been diagnosed with bipolar disorder, is in depressive mode and has a complication of anorexia. Is there anyone who has had success with this and has someone who could encourage them? It is a very upsetting situation for the client. -Denise Bridges
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
I was diagnosed with bipolar disorder ten years ago. At that time I was placed on Lithium for treatment. I also was in treatment with a psychologist at that time. After a few months I discontinued the Lithium with the approval of my therapist. I had been under a lot of stress prior to the diagnosis and it is believed that this is what brought the symptoms out. I suffered from the manic phase more than the depressive phase. Earlier this year I suffered a relapse again due to an extreme amount of stresses in my life over a period of six months. This time I was put on a medication called Depakote. I did not want to take this medication but did for about two months. I sought the help of a herbalist who is now my upline manager. I started taking Nutri-Calm and no longer take the Depakote. I also was seeing a therapist to talk about the issues I was dealing with. I have been discharged by the therapist and have added Sunshine Supplemental Vitamins and Life Protex to my health regimen. bipolar disorder can be controlled. The big issue for me was stress. Nutrition is vital as well as dealing with some issues that may be painful. I have also talked with others with this diagnosis and stress has always come up as a major factor. -Village Herbalist
A Ph.D. Pharmacologist taught last night at the University of Texas in Tyler that Omega Three works as well as Lithium for Bi-Polar disorder. I have used Kelp, Licorice Root and AD-C in combination for these people in the past. I am so excited to hear about the Omega Three being successful! -Ruby Lawler
I just spoke with Richard Dicks, National Manager to get some info on bi-polar disorder. I was going to suggest using St Johns Wort. I was told that this is NOT a depression issue, it is a polarity issue. These peoples energies are reversed. They see things differently, they react differently, every thing they do seems to be wrong...they do the opposite of what we would do in a lot of cases. The nervous system is greatly affected. ( Depression is a symptom ). The BEST herbal regime is to use is Nutri-Calm, Super Algae and Calcium for these people. I found this whole subject to be very interesting. You have to understand polarities to be really helpful. -Cindy Hoffman
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Bi-Polar is actually a swing between two states of moods (Bi means 2). Uni-Polar is of one mood like Depression or Mania. Manic-Depressive is an example of Bi-Polar. The person experiences a swing between both moods. Ex. One moment they may be hyperactive, the next moment they may be down. To determine what herbs are best, it's best to find out what their particular symptoms are. I would add one of our mineral supplements such as Colloidal Minerals to the program and then muscle test. -Chottsie
Like Cindy Hoffman, my upline manager is National Manager Richard Dicks. Richard & I discussed reversed polarity and Bi-Polar today. Here is a summary of the conversation:

Bi-Polar means two poles reversed. Bi-Polar is reversed polarity to the extreme. A lot of people are reversed (their energy is flowing incorrectly in the body)and are dyslexic. Some people switch back & forth (energy flowing correctly, then incorrectly)throughout the day. The body's brain wave patterning is incorrectly functioning. It depends on a lot of things: what we eat, what energies we're around, where we're standing on the planet. When brain waves patterning is incorrect, a person gets poor results for whatever it is they are doing - in other words, everything is wrong, or backwards. No wonder they're depressed!

Super Algae affects the DNA; allowing cells to reproduce as better, stronger cells at a higher energy. Low DNA produces weak cells at low energy (and follows for 4 generations!) Super Algae works on the DNA and corrects polarity...Bi-Polar people are massively switched and need to use LOTS of Super Algae....enough to see results.
We have Sal in our group...he was always depressed, couldn't sleep...everything the doctor gave him to sleep would keep him awake. All the herbs like Kava Kava, St John's Wort would work backwards on him. He was taking a lot of Morinda Juice which was helping him tremendously (another case I heard about with a Bi-Polar person only needed Morinda to get him straight) but as Sal began working with the Super Algae, he got better and better...things started going in the RIGHT direction.

Anyone who has been muscle testing knows to first check for reversed polarity. The product to correct that used to be Spirulina ....now it's Super Algae. Anything more scientific than that, I don't know. The aborigines and natives didn't have all kinds of scientific data....they just did what worked! God gave us all kinds of healing plants that work...if it worked for Sal and many others, why not try it for yourself?
Sometimes we get bogged down in technical mishmosh. Simplicity is simple. Try it for yourself and see if it works for you. It won't harm you, and who knows? You may even get well.
Recently American doctors and consumers have been turning to 5-HTP as a treatment for depression, and other mood disorders. It's antidepressant properties are quickly being recognized as one of the most powerful and safe methods for fighting depression. As early as 1970 a Japanese study involving bi-polar patients showed almost 3/4's of them noting improvement in their symptoms in as little as four weeks on 5-HTP. Not only does it fight depression but it also combats eating and sleeping disorders, obesity, migraines, chronic fatigue and even autoimmune diseases. Also lithium is an organic salt that occurs naturally in Spirulina. I would use both of these products together. -Judy Kerr
My husband is Bi-Polar. I've been looking at our products and two look hopeful.
1. Chinese Mood Elevator helps the sagging spirit, suppressed anger, lack of joy and vitality and strengthen liver
2. GGC helps energy, endurance memory loss and low feeling. -Paula Mohr
I just returned from the NSP Regional Meeting here in Denver, and they were emphasizing how depression and other mental disorders are directly linked to a toxic colon. Cleanse, Cleanse, Cleanse. -wldflwrntrsalt
I have had some with Manic Depression. One in particular, was bad enough that she went into the Algoma, which is a hospital specifically for psychiatric patients. She even spent almost a year in seclusion. I have found personally that the liver is the most responsible along with the glands, particularly the thyroid. With major liver cleansing, and rotation diet, which was very strict, and KC-X, my favorite, she has never been on medication since. Another one, I have also done the same, but hers was caused by working in a car parts dept., with exhaust fumes in the background for many years, and also a bad background. Although she did not have the willpower to stick to it as much as the other as the withdrawal symptoms were quite harsh, she has never been on one drug that she had been on in years, anymore. Now with her we are just using Liver Cleanse Formula, LOCLO and Digestive Enzymes and GreenZone, as this is all she will do, but she is feeling better at a slower pace and with less symptoms of withdrawal.
Q: I have a friend who has an 8 yr old who is bipolar and on medication. -Patty Cellm
My step-sister supposedly is bipolar as well. We researched it awhile back and found that Morinda is extremely helpful. Nobody is quite sure why, but it works. The 8 year old can take Morinda as well. -Sandy Peppersack
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
TS II will help because it has Kelp which is the natural salt of the earth (like lithium). It has a balancing effect the body needs. Also, maybe AD-C which is also a balancing combo serving the body & mind. And, maybe something for anxiety depending on the symptoms present. -Denise Griffin
Q: After watching 20/20 last night (the violent 5 y/o with Bipolar) I am wondering how to prevent the condition. Is this a result of the mother's lack of nutrition during pregnancy? Of using drugs, alcohol etc? -Margaret Johnson
My thoughts upon watching 20/20 children with bi-polar....it fluctuated...maybe food or environmental allergies???? They told me my son had tourettes at one time and he had an allergy to corn...which sent him into hyper orbit. The book that helped the most was "Is This Your Child?" by Doris Rapp. He took lots of kelp to counteract the food allergy. -Debbie J
The show doesn't give a person much hope if you have a child like this. It usually takes many years to just get a proper diagnosis and then many more years of trail and error on the proper combination of drugs, which they may never find. One of my neighbors has a 12 year old boy that is bipolar with ADD. Apparently his father also was bipolar so the weakness could be inherited. This woman is at her wits end as the medications for ADD (Ritalin or anything that has a stimulant in it) cause her son to become suicidal. They have tried diets, to eliminate the possibility of food allergies. Nothing has worked. I do think that Inge is correct in that these people can't let go of the past. This boys problem started when his father walked out on him and his mother when he was 2 ½ yrs old. Then about 3 yrs ago when he was starting to make some headway he lost his favorite uncle and best friend all in 1 year. Since then it has been down hill and he won't talk to anyone about what he is feeling. I would like to help these people but have to be very careful because what may work for either bi-polar or ADD usually does not work because he has a negative reaction because he has both disorders. -Debbie K.
- - - - - - - - - - - - -
I have a friend that is bipolar. In researching it for her I've found it may be linked to an imbalance of amino acids. This friend does use diet sodas', which contain Aspartame, which is synthesized from the combination of two amino acids. One of phenylalanine can be used to increase endorphins in the brain which can relieve pain and elevate mood. It is one of the few amino acids that cross the blood-brain barrier and thus directly affect brain chemistry. It makes me very suspicious that this amino acid is in Aspartame. Amino acids should not be used for long term use without the support of a complete amino acid supplement much the same way we don't take individual B's without B-Complex. But yet people who use Aspartame do just that. I would definitely look to see if there is any use of this artificial sweetener in this family. Be thorough, as this sweetener is in everything from children's vitamins to toothpaste. I think one of the real dangers in it is causing deficiencies in amino acids. They are the building blocks of protein and deficiencies can cause many problems in the body. -Chottsie
- - - - - - - - - - - - -
Nutri-Calm. Stress-J. Both of these products help Bi-Polar people to center. Perhaps Chinese Mood Elevator or Chinese Breathe EZ – you should muscle test for those. These herbs are fine for a 10 year old, just lower the doses down to her size. For a week or two try 2 Nutri-Calm a day, and 1 or 2 Stress-J every 2 to 4 hours. After a week, cut the Nutri-Calm back to 1 one day and two the next and see how it goes. Unless she is manic the Nutri-Calm will help at a lower dose, but during manic periods she may need more. With once outstanding, unforgettable client Nutri-Calm helped her so much her doctors were amazed. She did not get off medications, but quit fighting them so hard during her manic phases. The Chinese Mood Elevator is for her tired adrenals and Chinese Breathe EZ is good for grief, and it sounds to me like she had a lot of grief to take care of. -Marilyn N
- - - - - - - - - - -
Additional products for bi-polar disorder- Colloidal Minerals (contains lithium, which is commonly prescribed for bi-polar disorder, in addition to other minerals). Vitamin B Complex is also crucial to brain function. I recently found out about a video (Masks of Madness) which is being distributed by the Canadian Schizophrenia Foundation regarding complementary medicine and mental illness. It features a dialogue between leading Orthomolecular Psychiatrist Dr. Abram Hoffer and actress Margot Kidder. Margot has managed to wean herself off of medications for her manic-depression and she describes her program. -Amanda
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Nature's Sunshine Products NSP Forum Index -> Forum Archive All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: