Nature's Sunshine Products NSP Forum Index Nature's Sunshine Products NSP
For customer and distributor discussions of Nature's Sunshine Products. Not an official site of NSP.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Back Pain - Sciatica

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Nature's Sunshine Products NSP Forum Index -> Forum Archive
View previous topic :: View next topic  
CombinedNSP
Site Admin

PostPosted: Dec Sat 16, 2006 9:56 pm    Post subject: Back Pain - Sciatica Reply with quote

Back Pain - Sciatica

I had awful back pain in my lower back ongoing for over 25 years. It was recommended that I take KB-C. I used just one bottle. And believe it or not, my back has not gone out since. It's been a year and a half. That's the longest I've gone without a back spasm or incapacitation. So I'd give that a try. -Joan
- - - - - - - - - - - - - -
I would also use St. John's Wort and KB-C , as Hypericin in the St. John's Wort is also for long time damage. -Joanne
I take 4 Chinese Stress Relief (STR-C) before bed, put Capsicum Gel on my back and sleep great! When this bothers me during the day, I sometimes take Nerve Control and APS II which relaxes the muscles and takes away the pain. -Candy
- - - - - - - - - - - - -
In talking with Joan Vandergriff, Senior National, yesterday, she tells me they have excellent results with Kava Kava for all muscular pain. Don't take it during the day, though, unless you have time to take a nap! -Kay
Chiropractic and herbs are a wonderful combination for complete healing! I got on a program 2-½ years ago, and for the first time in years my back feels great. Still see the Chiropractor once every 2-3 weeks just to keep things in proper alignment. Here is the structural regiment that has meant the world to me: Skeletal Strength, Joint Support, Yucca. Rotate Glucosamine and Chondroitin ( 1 bottle till gone, then the other ). Rotate Una d Gato and Morinda ( Same way as above ). This combination of Chiropractic and herbs have given me back my life. -Debbie
When the coccyx is involved, I always suggest bowel cleansing. It works every time with pain below the waist. -Kay
My husband had surgery on a herniated disk 11 years ago and is having much difficulty with sciatic nerve pain. His muscles in his back are also reacting to the pinched nerve Glenda: Nerve Control internally, Tei Fu Lotion externally. -Chevy
I learned at Natural Health and Business School that if you have tight muscles in the upper back it is from a weakened liver. Some of us carry our stress there. I took Chinese Liver Balance and the tension and tightness went away within a few days. -Julie
My neighbor was supposed to go for an operation for the same thing. 2 days of Morinda capsules and no operation...no pain. Many other of my clients use this with results in 2-3 days.2 caps 3x daily. -Andrea
I lost my disk (per cat scan) using nothing but PLS II, 15 to 18 years ago. With the reformulation of it, you have to use a lot of PLS II for fairly immediate relief. (20 - 25 at once with Digestazyme). I feel it works like a herbal anti spasmodic and anti inflammatory. But I have had terrible sciatic pain in my hip and leg now and didn't want to have to take the PLS II all the time again. My Chiropractor wasn't helping this time - So I started with 2 Chondroitin and 3 Glucosamine, twice daily and within a week or two had relief which has been steady. I am sore when I waken in the morning if I toss around (which is frequent), but that is gone fairly soon after I move around. I can find the sore spot in my lower back and my hip if I press, but otherwise it is virtually gone. I am hoping for a rebuilding to take place. I also started taking 5 X 2 of the Morinda Caps, but didn't start that till after I felt the relief. -Georgiana Duncan
Get her on Glucosamine, Chondroitin, Joint Support and Skeletal Strength. To keep the cost down, you can rotate the Glucosamine ( 1 bottle) then the Chondroitin ( 1 bottle ) then back to the Glucosamine again and so on. If cost is not a factor, both at the same time would be best !! I wish that NSP would combine these 2. I would also add plenty of Yucca. -Debra Hughes
Lower back pain is often because of kidney trouble. Kidney stress can throw the hips out of alignment. -Kathy Wood
I think Chondroitin and Glucosamine are excellent choices as is Herbal CA. Also consider Licorice Root for cortisone production. Arthritis may also have set in. Consider Joint Support, Flax Seed Oil for essential fatty acids and Potassium Combo for digestion/sodium balance. PDA is also good to digest calcium. -Candy
I had this same problem my sciatic nerve was pinched...the only relief that I got was surgery....the disc is ruptured and into the disc....To verify you must get an MRI...I took lots and lots of Skeletal Strength (SKL) Formula prior to surgery, I had surgery on Jan 22, 1997, and went to work on Jan.23, 1997. No kidding. The Skeletal Strength (SKL) supported my skeletal system so well that my back recovered amazingly well The doctor was amazed. I had him not give me the Steroid pack that usually accompanies any back surgery. He was agreeable and didn't believe in Steroids anyway. If your friend is as bad as I was unfortunately surgery is the only answer, but in conjunction with a skeletal herb support program. -Billy Witten
I have used Lecithin with great success. I have had back and sciatic problems over the years. A Chiropractor helps but one shared with me how to use Lecithin and it works great. 15 in the a.m. and 15 in the p.m, don't worry about over dosing , it is just soy oil. This lubricates the nerve endings that tend to dry out and cause us pain at times. Don't be afraid to try it. I have recommended it to many of my clients over the years and to their surprise it worked for them. What do you have to loose but pain. -Herb Lady
When I had a lot of lower back pain, I took APS II for the pain and lots of B-Complex and Nutri-Calm. I also saw a chiropractor for traction and relaxation, took hot baths with Epson Salts and exercised. Exercise is a must for the back. Sometimes sitting too much will cause the gluteus muscles to stiffen and become pinched which can cause pain down both legs and is called Sciatica a lot of the time. I also got a low back support belt to wear under my clothes which helped tremendously. Aloe Vera Juice is excellent for internal inflammation and I used that as well. Now I realize that I carry my stress in my neck, shoulders and low back. When I feel myself get stressed out and tense I walk. Walking is essential. -Brenda Generali
I am responding to encourage your friend to try different chiropractor until he finds one that can help and will work with him. I went through five before I found one that has really helped. He worked with my massage therapist, who also used acupressure points and Touch for Health (clearing meridians) that really made a big difference. I have used many herbs over the years, but in my body work class we were taught that nerves move muscles and muscles move bones, so work on the nervous system to relax the nerves and muscles. I found the neuromuscular massage with trigger point releases ( not just relaxation massage) very helpful. -M L Cribbs
I'm sure you have seen my several messages on the type of chiropractor that I use. He does just what you are referring to above. He said they call the method he uses the B.E.S.T. method. I am not saying the best. Those are initials for the type of therapy he does. It is clearing or balancing of meridians. That with my PLS II got me through the terrible pain I was in while I was losing my ruptured disk. (My chiropractor said my disk is coming back) Joan Vandergriff did something similar for me on the cruise convention. I had thrown my neck out really bad carrying a very heavy carry on bag. I was in tears my head hurt so bad. She just held a couple points on my back (I thought she was nuts at first - but was willing to try anything) - told me it would keep working for 24 hours or something like that. I felt like a wet dishrag afterwards. But I had no pain for months. I was searching for a chiropractor who could do that. I found him. -Georgiana Duncan
I don't know about broken backs, but I have Osteoarthritis and I have seen miraculous results with the program I started 2-1/2 years ago and now do just maintenance. Skeletal Strength, Joint Support, Glucosamine - Added Chondroitin when released, and now rotate a bottle at a time.( 1 till gone, then the other ),Yucca and I Also rotate Una de Gato and Morinda. When I started this program I was seeing the Chiropractor 2-3 times a week for some kind of relief and had 3 bone spurs also. At this point I only see Dr. 1 time every 2-3 weeks, whether I need it or not, and my bone spurs are gone according to X-rays. I was well on my way to being crippled right up, as my Father is. I would say that it took me about 6 months to really start to feel the benefits

With my experience with Chiropractic Treatment, the first thing you have to do is make sure that you have a good one. Which I do! Second, you have to be diligent with your visits, and do the exercises that a good Chiropractor will give to you, and he will also make sure that you are doing them correctly. You have to stick to it. It sounds like this man has a pinched nerve, and I can tell you that they are painful. Make sure that he seeks out a Chiropractor that will give him a exercise program to strengthen the muscles in his back, it is key. But Chiropractic and herbs are a wonderful combination for complete healing, when combined ! -Debra Hughes
Nature's Fresh is an enzyme product that can be used for a myriad of things. It is basically sold as a cleaner, deodorizer, and stain remover. The enzymes go to work on odors in the kitchen, bathroom, you name it or it can be sprayed on clothing or carpeting to remove "protein-like" stains, (i.e. food, blood, vomit, etc.) This enzyme product used as a poultice on damaged or dehydrated disks, is absorbed through the skin and helps bring life giving enzymes into the damaged disk to help repair it and helps rehydrate it. The person must also be increasing water in their diet. That is why it works so well for damaged disks. I have had excellent results using this product both on "the body" and in "the bathroom".
PS to this –– there have been many, many reports of IMMEDIATE pain relief using Nature's Fresh. Spray on as necessary. -Christine Takerian
Stress Relief (Combination Eight ATC) is what originally got me into NSP. I had injured my back (muscular injury not skeletal) and it would never heal. I had a baby and couldn't pick her up. I was on a heating pad at least 4 times a day. After taking the Stress Relief for 2 days I had no more pain and after 2 months no longer needed the Stress Relief. I guess it relaxed it enough that it healed on its own. Without the Eight it wouldn't relax. Also, was great for the pain. Only took one with each meal. -Bonnie Toney
About 8 years ago (before me), my husband ended up with a - the Doctors could not decide - ruptured and/or slipped disk in the lumbar area. He had been working as a personal trainer and was trying to get back into doing karate (he has 2nd degree black belt, although out of practice). There were a few other "numbers" in the equation, but they are not important for the story. To make a really long story short, he severally injured his back. He could not stand up for more than 2 minutes without terrible pain and crawled everywhere on his hands and knees. The neurologist wanted to do the normal chop, dice & slice. Rich, with MUCH protest from the doctor, went home and did his own chop, dice & slice... Only with vegetables... :-) To get the inflamation down he ate nothing but vegetables, plus dried figs & apricots, for one week. By the end of the week most of the pain was gone that wasn't related to standing. He slowly added in other foods over a several week period, but keeping the vegetables, figs & apricots at 50% of his diet. After about 6 to 8 months he was pretty much like new again.
He did do supplements, although I don't know what they were.

We use this with our arthritis clients that are having a flair up. Actually I suggest this for anyone whose iridology shows excess inflammation (white). Brings the inflammation right down. Neutralizes the acids that cause the pain & pushes the rest out. Then you can make progress.

Oh, my husband DID NOT have surgery and has not had any other problems from it. It's amazing what the body can do if given the right tools. None of the threats the neurologist threw at him ever happened. Including the one about not having children. We have 2 healthy boys. -Janel
I live in a small farming community of about 350 people. So far I have about 35 clients on Morinda for all kinds of back pain. One man has a herniated disk and the doctor wanted to operate. After his last check up the doctor told him to wait for the operation and keep taking Morinda. It works great for back pain in most cases. I get calls every day for this stuff. I have a few people who couldn't walk to the bathroom and in 2 days the pain was gone.

If the back pain is really bad, I tell them to take 6 capsules daily of the Morinda. That is 2 with each meal. As the pain subsides they cut down to whatever they feel pain free on. Some of my clients with the worst pain saw almost complete relief in 2 days. Some took a week. There are some however, who it did nothing at all for. Depends on the problem. Definitely worth a try. Morinda is the only thing they are taking. Doctors didn't even give them drugs, just wanted to know where they could get some. Be sure to take it with meals. I have used Morinda capsules for Carpal Tunnel and Fibromyalgia with excellent results. Also gives you more energy and you sleep great at night so you feel refreshed and ready to face the world the next morning. My sales have gone from 300 dollars a month to 1500 because of Morinda. You gotta love that too! -Andrea Trembath
Spasms in the back? Has she tried Mullein? It is an antispasmodic, anti-inflammatory, and a pain killer. She might have to take a large dose to start with, then half as much every 4 hours until the spasms stop. (I muscle tested the amount I needed, but if you don't do that take at least 12 to start and 6 every hour until spasm is gone (or pain) then 6 every 4 hours or 6 hours depending on when you think the spasm is starting to come back. Actually the experience I and other people have had is that the spasms stop coming back after a few days of this. It might be worth a try. Long-term I would be on Skeletal Strength (SKL) and Target Endurance to build health in the skeletal and muscular systems. -Loring Hammer
My husband had surgery about 16 years ago for a herniated disk. I have read a lot about Morinda helping with back pain so he is giving it a try. He started it around the first of April and has been pretty faithful in taking it daily. He is using the liquid -1 tbs. in the morning and 1 tbs. before supper. I just asked him again a couple days ago and he says that he thinks it is helping. The pain is not as often and not as severe. They say it will take 3-4 months before you will really notice a difference. -Joanne Toates
I had a flare up of my sciatic nerve yesterday. I took 6 Morinda, 4 Joint Support (JNT-A), 2 B-Complex, 3 Vitamin Calcium and 2 Digestazyme and could walk without pain within an hour. As I kept up with the dosages eventually the pain completely subsided (about 3 hours) and I slept comfortably. Before I met NSP and herbs, it would take me sometimes 3 days to be pain free and often a trip to the osteopath would be needed as well. I was so desperate yesterday I pulled every herb bottle I had out of my cupboard and this is what MT'd for me and worked : ) -Lisa
After suffering through that pain myself, I've learned a few things. First make sure you are taking a multi vitamin, Super Supplemental is great. Then extra B's I find Nutri- Calm works wonders. Then for inflamation Yucca is good. For pain try Combination Eight ATC, that helped me through some really painful times. Hang in there. After 2 rough years, I live almost pain free. -Christine Swadley
Glucosamine & Chondroitin would definitely be beneficial for these problems. Hurray for a doctor who's educated and open-minded!
Here's some information that should help...
Glucosamine occurs naturally in the body to stimulate the production of connective tissue. An Italian study determined glucosamine treatment for inflammatory disorders proved 10-30 times better than treatment with a leading drug (indocin), due to the drug's extremely high toxicity (1,000-4,000 timers greater than glucosamine). Benefits from taking glucosamine are reported to be cumulative, providing greater results the longer taken.

Glycosaminoglycans (GAGs), also referred to as mucopolysaccharides, constitute the primary structural components of joint cartilage, along with collagen and water. Chondroitin sulfate is one of the main GAGs. Chondroitin sulfate supplementation helps stimulate joint repair by promoting the production of substances required for healthy joint function, and by reducing pain and inflammation. Studies indicate chondroitin sulfate provides anti-inflammatory effects within joints, inhibits enzymes known to destroy cartilage, and acts as a governing agent for cartilage metabolism. Chondroitin sulfate also facilitates the circulation of fluids to the joints, thus enhancing and maintaining elasticity and ease-of-movement. -Laura Clement Author, HART Toolkit
For my sciatica and any muscle tightening (before Sciatica hits) I use Nerve Control faithfully. If pain is very bad, I take six a day, (2,2,2) but muscle test how many for your problem. Any tightness and I use 1 in morning and 1 at night. -Mary
May seem like too simple of a solution has she tried chiropractic help? We are blessed with a wonderful chiropractor. He is very competent, very knowledgeable about herbal therapies and he even does muscle testing before, during and after the adjustments to make sure the right areas have been worked on. She could need a few simple hip adjustments and ankle adjustments. Sounds like pinched nerves, sciatic, maybe any possibility of herniated disc. Would defiantly seek a good chiropractor. Call around if you don't know of any and ask if they do muscle reflex testing. I think she would see an immediate improvement. Don't let other medical professionals talk you out of it. A good reliable chiropractor can work wonders.-Stacey Brown
Back pain is frequently caused by emotional issues not physical. I suggest getting massage therapy and also learning some relaxation techniques. You don't say what part of the back is bothering her but this is important too. For example the lower lumbar often in women has to do with sexual abuse issues. How much stress does this person have? Does she feel supported by others in her life? These are questions you might explore to see if there is an emotional basis for her pain. I am a massage therapist and have experience with this issue. -Debbie Dehm
There are many causes of back pain. Can be stress related, bladder, kidneys, rheumatism, etc. Some things that help sometimes is drinking lots of water, two or more quarts daily. This will help flush kidney, flush uric acid from joints. Lowering animal protein can also be helpful. Some herbs good for backache are Burdock, Horsetail Slippery Elm and White Willow Bark. -Dan Gagne
Do you have any Deep Relief Oil in the house? If so rub that into the painful area, if not try some Tei Fu Oil on it. A chiropractor might tell you to ice it 20 minutes on off repeat as necessary rest the muscle. -Nancy
I use MSM for any sprains strains inflammation etc. I hit it hard the first couple days such as 10 capsules initially, then 5 an hour later, a couple more and continue taking every couple hours. -Jane
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Nature's Sunshine Products NSP Forum Index -> Forum Archive All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: