Nature's Sunshine Products NSP Forum Index Nature's Sunshine Products NSP
For customer and distributor discussions of Nature's Sunshine Products. Not an official site of NSP.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Baby Wipes

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Nature's Sunshine Products NSP Forum Index -> Forum Archive
View previous topic :: View next topic  
CombinedNSP
Site Admin

PostPosted: Dec Sat 16, 2006 9:58 pm    Post subject: Baby Wipes Reply with quote

Baby Wipes

A friend makes her own wipes using a Tupperware container (forget which size) and a roll of paper towels cut in half. The half roll fits right in the container nicely. She soaks it using water and I think baby soap. Maybe we could use one of the shampoos. -Chottsie
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Sunshine Concentrate would be a great cleanser to use with the paper towels. Very gentle for baby's skin. -Kay Lubecke
Baby Wipes #1 Roll Brawny white paper towels, cut in half, 10 cup Rubbermaid plastic bowl, 1 3/4 cup warm water, 2 tablespoons Baby Magic Bath, 1 teaspoon baby oil. Place ½ the roll of paper towels in the bowl. Mix together the water, bath and oil. Pour mixture over paper towels. After 1-2 hours, remove cardboard roll. Pull towels from center. These are very economical. Please use Brawny towels, as they do not tear and absorb more of the liquid than other brands of towels.
Baby Wipes #2 Paper towels, 2 tablespoons baby oil, 2 tablespoons baby shampoo, 2 cups hot water. Cut towels in half. Place in appropriate size airtight container or Ziploc bag. Mix liquid ingredients and pour over towels. -Rayelee Sheppard
Funny you should ask. A friend and I were just brainstorming about this. I made some homemade baby wipes using Bounty paper towels and Sunshine Cleaner. She suggested I add a few drops of an Essential Oil. Tea Tree Oil would probably be the one most considered antibacterial. -Peggy Day
I would suggest antibacterial essential oils (which most are) such as Tea Tree or Lemon plus Colloidal Silver. -J Candy Arnold
I saturate paper towels with rubbing alcohol and put them in sandwich bags to carry in the car, if I'm out of wipes. -Glenda Hadley
This is not a good idea, since I read an interview with Hilda Clark where she said that everyone with cancer had parasites, had isopropyl alcohol in their systems. I also think that the waterless hand cleaners as Purell that contain ethyl alcohol are carcinogenic. I believe that ethyl alcohol is a solvent like acetone (in fingernail polish remover) and is carcinogenic. However, I cannot find anything on ethyl alcohol and it being a carcinogen. I wish I could because they use Purell at my son's school before lunch. -Brenda B.
A drop of GSE (Grapefruit Seed Extract) added to the mixture would add to the shelf life considerably. -Ginger
I have one that includes Herbal Shampoo, water, olive oil, and an essential oil blend from another company which you could replace with your favorite NSP EO's.

I don't have the specific measurements, only that list of ingredients but... you'd cut down a roll of paper towels to fit into an empty wipe box. Or you can get a round Tupperware type container (I think they used to demonstrate this use). Soak the paper towel in a solution of water, the herbal shampoo (about a squirt), I'd say maybe a teaspoon or two of olive oil, and a few drops of whatever essential oil you want. You may prefer to use our massage oil (a teaspoon or two) with your favorite oil to replace the X brand of baby essential oil blend. Since the recipe calls for olive oil along with this baby eo blend, I would still add the Olive Oil even if you do use our massage oil. Watch the amount of shampoo as you don't want it to be real soapy or real wet either. Just moist enough to cleanse with.

I only just found this in an old newsletter from an upline Manager. I always used the Sunshine Concentrate to make wipes but I believe I like the idea of using Herbal Shampoo better. Reason being... though SC is wonderful to the skin, I still wash with it, I recently got a watered down drop in my eye. I was really surprised at how swollen my eye got and the pus that kept coming out all that day. So when they say avoid eye contact, they really mean it! -Chottsie
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Nature's Sunshine Products NSP Forum Index -> Forum Archive All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: