Nature's Sunshine Products NSP Forum Index Nature's Sunshine Products NSP
For customer and distributor discussions of Nature's Sunshine Products. Not an official site of NSP.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Baby - Thrush

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Nature's Sunshine Products NSP Forum Index -> Forum Archive
View previous topic :: View next topic  
CombinedNSP
Site Admin

PostPosted: Dec Sat 16, 2006 9:58 pm    Post subject: Baby - Thrush Reply with quote

Baby - Thrush

My 8 week old son has thrush on his mouth, perhaps due to that he took antibiotics for his first 10 days of life. I am currently breast feeding and I would like suggestions of what to give him and me to help him and also what to put in my nipple so he doesn't pass the infection to me and me back to him. Can he use a pacifier with this in his mouth? Thank you. -Renata
- - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Hi Renata! I successfully used Bifidophilus Flora Force with my son. I just opened a capsule & sprinkled some on my breast & let him nurse on it several times a day. Then I took capsules myself with breakfast & before bed, just to keep the yeast at normal levels in my body. I would recommend washing your bra & nursing pads daily in hot water with white vinegar & baking soda, that way you kill off any yeast that may be on there. You can also take a Q-tip & swab the inside of baby's mouth & tongue with a paste of the Bifidophilus after every nursing. You may have to keep this up for awhile. Babies need probiotics anyway and it is always a good idea for breast feeding moms to take them to pass on to baby through the breast milk. Best wishes. -Katie
I had a newborn who was born with thrush in mouth and extremely sore bottom due to mothers candida. I advised them to put a small amount like a 1/4 teas of plain yogurt on the baby' tongue after each feeding and also use the yogurt as a diaper lotion for each diaper change. The one day old baby actually lunged (grandmas description) for the yogurt eagerly. She cleared up mouth & bottom in 24 hours. She still eats yogurt every day and she is now 10 years old. -Barbara Moldenhauer
Been there, done that. Had great success with the Bifidophilus for the baby and me. Also put 1 drop of Tea Tree Oil in 2 oz water and drank that 2 - 3 x's per day. put 1 drop of Tea Tree in 2 oz water and gave baby a dropper full 2 - 3 x's per day. -Judith Cobb
Q: What can you give a 3 month old with thrush? Momma is nursing. Do you treat her as well? If so, does it go thru the milk? Thanks. -Jen
probiotics - we have the mother take them, and open the capsule and put on the nipple for baby, or in bottle

make sure the baby is NOT using cows milk - but rather breast or goat's milk. -Kasara
My grandbaby was born with it and mom was not able to breast feed so we added one content of one Colostrum in each bottle and did implants of... Colloidal Silver about 1/4th teaspoon/contents of 1-Biff/flora and contents of 1 olive leaf daily until results...which we got.. -Dina Allen
Jen, In my practice if the baby is breast feeding like in this case I give the remedy to the mother and in 24 hrs. the baby is better. Have the mother try taking L.Reuteri, Liquid Chlorophyl, Aloe Vera and/or Pau D' Arco Tea. -Dr. Hugh A. Jenkins
Thrush being a form of Candida the best treatment is probiotics for Mom and Baby. Was the child born C-section or vaginally? If the child is born C-section they need extra probiotics after birth because they did not get their "dose" in the birth canal. -Beth
At what age can a baby have water?

THRUSH a form of Candida the best treatment is probiotics for Mom and Baby. Was the child born C-section or vaginally? If the child is born C-section they need extra probiotics after birth because they did not get their "dose" in the birth canal. -Beth
I also had great success (less than 24 hours) with plain yogurt. Baby was born with it and also extremely raw bottom. Used 1/4 teas in mouth after every feeding so we were coating the mouth. The baby would just lunge for it even at that young age. Also used the yogurt to coat the bottom like a lotion with each diaper change. The baby was brought right to my house from the hospital by the mom and grandma. She had been discharged that way with no advice whatsoever. -Barb Moldenhauer
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Nature's Sunshine Products NSP Forum Index -> Forum Archive All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: