Nature's Sunshine Products NSP Forum Index Nature's Sunshine Products NSP
For customer and distributor discussions of Nature's Sunshine Products. Not an official site of NSP.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Baby - Red Cheeks

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Nature's Sunshine Products NSP Forum Index -> Forum Archive
View previous topic :: View next topic  
CombinedNSP
Site Admin

PostPosted: Dec Sat 16, 2006 10:51 pm    Post subject: Baby - Red Cheeks Reply with quote

Baby - Red Cheeks

I am looking after my 6 month old grandson who is teething and has extremely red cheeks. I have put him in an Epsom Salt bath in the evening, and it seems to be less red in the morning. He seems to be quite colicky, and is up every 2 to 3 hours round the clock. This has always been the case. Mom has introduced cereal and told me to feed him Organic rice and oatmeal, since she blames additives, no better so I stopped, thinking it was a problem. Today I gave him rice in the morning, and for supper sweet potatoes, no better, very fussy evening. Eczema in older sister. I am using a drop or two of Catnip and Fennel for the gas, and wonder what else may help. Can a 6 month old baby have goat's milk? I used that for my son, who had severe and recurrent ear infections, but he was a year old before I learned about it. There is no raw goat's milk, so it would have to be pasturized from the store. Any ideas would be helpful. I am desperately in need of a sleep... Thanks. -Doreen
- - - - - - - - - - - - - -
I would suggest making GastroHealth into a tea and giving it to him in small does throughout the day. Open 1 capsule and pour into 1/4 cup boiling water. After it cools squeeze up into a dropper and administer that way. I'd suggest 5 -6 times throughout the day. He may have h-pylori in his stomach lining, causing him severe intestinal distress, which is showing up on the cheeks. -Carol Matz
I don't have children but I have 3 nephews that I had a hand in feeding and giving loving advice (hehe) to their mother's (one of whom is my sister). With my oldest nephew my sister started him (against my advice) on cereal by mixing it with his formula at 3 months old because the doctor said he wasn't getting enough with just the formula. I told her he would get constipated and be very uncomfortable and guess what? I was right. Then my sister-in-law did the same thing just a few months later and guess what? The same thing happened. They understood that babies don't develop the enzyme to break down carbs until they are about 11 months old and should be started on lightly steamed veggies at around 6 months. I don't know why we are in such a rush to get babies to eat solid foods. -John
I'm personally curious: Can you explain what you mean by red cheeks? Red...as in being flushed, or red...as in being irritated (on the surface, like chapped skin)? -Janice
Yes, goats milk is WAY better than cow's. When my son was little he had similar symptoms and what helped him was what is now called Bone-skin poultice. Obviously the baby is having a reaction to something it is getting. I would also give Bifidophilus (put some on finger and put in mouth---about 1 capsule a day) Rub lobelia liquid on tummy, down spine and on bottom of feet every hour or so and more as needed A chiropractor that sees babies can be a GOD-SEND in this situation!!! -Lora
They turn bright red suddenly, and even seem to get cracks in them.. In the morning, they are not as bad, but still flushed. -Doreen

Could the baby possibly have Fifth's Disease? It is a childhood virus that makes your cheeks bright red. Look closely at the baby's legs when he's under good light to see if he has a faint, "lacy" rash on the thighs and legs.

I actually had this virus as an adult. I didn't know what the heck was going on! I had hives, then bright cheeks--like sunburn, then terrible aching in my joints for many days. I went to the doctor, the chiropractor, etc. No one could tell me what was wrong. Then my 3 yr. old got the red cheeks and I called the pediatrician's nurse, who immediately said "Fifth's Disease" and told me to look for the lacy rash on his legs. It's apparently one of those things that is fairly mild in children, but harder on adults. This has been years ago, but from what I remember, it just ran it's course. We didn't know about herbs back then, but if you suspect he has it, you might want to try a child-friendly anti-viral like VS-C. Also keep him away from pregnant women, as I *think* there was some question about this virus and miscarriages. -Selby N.
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Nature's Sunshine Products NSP Forum Index -> Forum Archive All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: