Nature's Sunshine Products NSP Forum Index Nature's Sunshine Products NSP
For customer and distributor discussions of Nature's Sunshine Products. Not an official site of NSP.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Baby - Jaundice

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Nature's Sunshine Products NSP Forum Index -> Forum Archive
View previous topic :: View next topic  
CombinedNSP
Site Admin

PostPosted: Dec Sat 16, 2006 10:55 pm    Post subject: Baby - Jaundice Reply with quote

Baby - Jaundice

I just purchased Karen Jensen's book Naturally Yours: Journal of an Herbal Mom at Convention for my daughter. In it she states "since the liver is the organ that filters out chemical contaminants and toxicity, it can get really 'junked up' right from the start by the drugs they put in a mom....I find that if the mom is nursing you can give her herbs like Milk Thistle and Milk Thistle Combination to help the liver along. Any of the hepatic herbs like barberry and burdock will help the liver do what it was designed to do. She also needs to avoid things like animal fats that can cause the liver to function slow... You can use a warm oil pack on the area of the abdomen where the liver is situated to help stimulate it and work the baby's feet. Essential oils can get the junk out and help the body get going." This book would make a great shower gift for new moms. -LaVerne Cribbs
- - - - - - - - - - - - - -
The UV sunbaths are the best first treatment. lots of feeding - breast milk is good. Orange light from color therapy is also helpful. a bit of Vitamin E in baby's mouth daily will also help. jaundice is more critical if it arises within the first 24 hour. Typically, if it shows up on or after day 2 it is less critical. One of my baby's, non-medicated birth, was jaundiced down his torso and arms until he was about 3 weeks ola. Because it didn't start on day 1 Dr and my lab-tech friend recommended nursing baby in front of a sunny window :) -Judith Cobb
- - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Q: I am looking for a good protocol for a 11 day old baby, (my grandson) who has jaundice. I was thinking of Vitamin E and Red Clover Extract. Any suggestions...... Thank you. Merry Miller
- - - - - - - - - -
Oregon Grape. -LeRae
- - - - - - - - - -
Use color therapy...orange color for jaundice. -Judith Cobb
- - - - - - - - - -
If breast feeding - I took Milk Thistle and that cleared out my infant's jaundice. Also, the more the baby eats and poops, the faster it will leave. -Sylvia Montoya
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Nature's Sunshine Products NSP Forum Index -> Forum Archive All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: