Nature's Sunshine Products NSP Forum Index Nature's Sunshine Products NSP
For customer and distributor discussions of Nature's Sunshine Products. Not an official site of NSP.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Baby - Herbs for Breast Milk

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Nature's Sunshine Products NSP Forum Index -> Forum Archive
View previous topic :: View next topic  
CombinedNSP
Site Admin

PostPosted: Dec Sat 16, 2006 10:59 pm    Post subject: Baby - Herbs for Breast Milk Reply with quote

Baby - Herbs for Breast Milk

My daughters baby is 3 weeks old and now wants to be constantly nursing. I believe at this point my daughter is not producing enough milk. Could someone please refresh my memory as to which herbs are best to help with more milk production. -Alice
- - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Blessed Thistle and Fenugreek. NSP has Blessed Thistle in a single, but no Fenugreek.
The Blessed Thistle alone should help. -Lisa
The Fenugreek and Marshmallow combination from NSP works very well to not only increase milk production but, the marshmallow helps to make the milk rich and creamy. This makes it more satisfying to the baby. -Ann Jones
This is a good time to encourage her to drink plenty of pure water too. New moms don't have time for themselves and need reminders to take care of themselves too. I also recommend marshmallow/fenugreek for nursing as well as alfalfa(Herbal Trace Minerals has that with dandelion and kelp and is a great choice) -Linda Murray
Isn't Fennel the choice to help with breast milk production, rather than Fenugreek? -gerip
Fennel will "sweeten" breast milk, but Fenugreek is one of the herbs thatıs supposed to enrich it. -Steven H. Horne
It may be something other than a milk supply problem. If it is milk supply: Red Raspberry, Blessed Thistle, Borage Oil, Alfalfa, Marshmallow

it could be a latch problem - need a lactation consultant

if this is her first it could be a nipple problem - short nipples

it could be a low B-Vitamin in baby so baby can't rest or sleep well - add Nutri-Calm and up to 500 mg B6. -Judith Cobb
The herb suggestions for this are great. However, if she would like to do something SUPER easy, just have her get the "Mother's Milk" tea that is available at any health food store. Most of the herbs listed on the forum are already in the combo tea. She can drink it about 2-3 times per day according to how much her body will need. It worked GREAT for me when I had a problem with my 2nd child. She should be able to see results really soon after drinking the tea. -Leslie Hasslinger
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Nature's Sunshine Products NSP Forum Index -> Forum Archive All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: