Nature's Sunshine Products NSP Forum Index Nature's Sunshine Products NSP
For customer and distributor discussions of Nature's Sunshine Products. Not an official site of NSP.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Baby - Diarrhea

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Nature's Sunshine Products NSP Forum Index -> Forum Archive
View previous topic :: View next topic  
CombinedNSP
Site Admin

PostPosted: Dec Sat 16, 2006 11:05 pm    Post subject: Baby - Diarrhea Reply with quote

Baby - Diarrhea

My 15 month old grandson has had diarrhea since Sunday evening. My daughter has been giving him Pedialyte, but he is refusing to take much of anything else. She's worried that he's not getting enough nutrition. Today the pediatrician's office told her to start feeding him things that would constipate him (starches, etc.). Now his diarrhea is even worse. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. -Lin Kellum
- - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Slippery Elm to calm - if it still doesn't stop, give psyllium seed to stop - but then you will

I would take him off the pedia lite and give him either the Recharge drink or the NSP Berry healthy drink -Kasara D'Elene
Always keep Psyllium Hulls around for this reason. Add 1 tsp. to applesauce. If he has another movement too runny, give another teaspoon until its under control. Give him the Recovery Drink to replenish his electrolytes! -Gale
In my autoimmune class (from tree of lite) it said L-reuteri was good for stopping diarrhea. It is a chewable tablet but could be crushed. Since it is a probiotic it should help. According to the materials it was tested in a hospital study. -Pat Daleiden
I have a 10month old boy that is getting over hand/foot/mouth disease. he has had diarrhea for the past 8 days. He is breast fed (no formula) my dr. recommended soy formula for a couple of days to see if that helps. I am not sure about that. Any suggestions for getting rid of the diarrhea? -Kathy
- - - - - - - - - -
Get him on catnip & fennel. I would also get some slippery elm capsules, open them up and make a gruel by adding some water. If that is undesirable way - make a tea out of slippery elm. The next thing I would do is to get blue vervain liquid. This little guy needs some serious attention to his immune system if he is recovering from hand & mouth dis. If you had him on antibiotics for this condition - there's your source of the diarrhea. He needs good bacteria back in his little colon. Acidophilus or Bifidophilus capsules can be opened and sprinkle a little into his mouth. Sandy Nesky
Q: Can anyone offer suggestions for NSP products that might help? We've ruled out parasites, rotavirus, clostridium, cryptospordium, etc. I've just put him on Nutramigen formula because he has eczema, diarrhea x 14-16 days, and mucousy stools characteristic of protein allergy at this age. He's not dehydrated or losing weight and acts like his usual happy self. The doctor advises me to "wait it out" Can anyone please help? PS I've given him a little catnip/fennel and no change. Thanks to anyone who may try to help. -Ashley
- - - - - - - - - -
Give the baby some Bifidophilus. NSP has Children's Chewable Bifidophilus. I doubt the 5 month old can chew this but crush it up and put it in his drink. Also, did you rule out allergies causing the diarrhea. Have you started solids with the baby? If so you might want to back off and let the baby tell you when he is ready. -Robin
- - - - - - - - - -
Ashley....my nephew went through this when he was a baby and he was iron intolerant. Check the iron levels and that may be the culprit. You also didn't say whether you were breast feeding or formula feeding. Try a can of low-iron formula and see if that works. -Michele
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Nature's Sunshine Products NSP Forum Index -> Forum Archive All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: