Nature's Sunshine Products NSP Forum Index Nature's Sunshine Products NSP
For customer and distributor discussions of Nature's Sunshine Products. Not an official site of NSP.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Baby - Colic

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Nature's Sunshine Products NSP Forum Index -> Forum Archive
View previous topic :: View next topic  
CombinedNSP
Site Admin

PostPosted: Dec Sat 16, 2006 11:12 pm    Post subject: Baby - Colic Reply with quote

Baby - Colic

I have twin girls born on 06-13, 7 weeks early. once they became full term, 07-31 they changed completely. the doctors have told me that they have colic and acid reflux and the only thing we can do is give them zantac and there is nothing for the colic. they cry ALOT, not just crying, hurt crying for much longer than the 20 minutes the doctor told us to let them cry for. we have changed formulas several times. they were on enfacare because of them being pre-mature. they have been on nutramigen, alimentum, enfamil ar, good start soy and another one i can't remember the name. it has been a NIGHTMARE. they are now on nestle good start with comfort proteins. they seem to keep this down unlike the others. they still spit up every now and then but no throwing up through their nose and mouth and stop breathing. i purchased "nothing but natural for my kid" from back to nature for teething and colic. i happened to go to the doctor the next day and told her about it. she suggested i didn't give this to them because it contains 15% alcohol. is this really safe. what can i try that is safe, non-alcoholic. -Pamela Kuers
- - - - - - - - - -
As a help for the pain of colic, there is Nature's Sunshine Catnip and Fennel Extract. It is ALCOHOL FREE.

Catnip & Fennel [Digestive, Nervous] liquid is a combination of two time-honored botanicals that primarily support the digestive and nervous systems. Catnip contains natural trace minerals and vitamins. Fennel also contains important trace minerals. NSP's method of extraction produces herbs that are easily assimilated, highly concentrated and preservative-free. Liquid herbs can be taken straight from the dropper or used in tea. -Georgiana
- - - - - - - - - -
Georgiana, thanks so much. i will try that catnip & fennel extract. i hate coming home to my babies and that is bad. i love them but i don't like them when they get this way. we can't even go out to eat because we are afraid they will be so bad. it is EVERY night and sometimes all day. i really appreciate you taking the time to help. -Pamela Kuers
- - - - - - - - - -
Pamala, another thing I would definitely try is probiotics. Chances are with them being born early they had antibiotics. Also, vaccinations and things in the formula can inhibit the good bacteria in the intestines. You could add some Bifidolphilus to their formula and also sprinkle on their bottom, it will migrate into the colon. Also, you can give an enema with water and Bifidolphilus. This would really get it where it is supposed to be. This could help them with gas and digestion a lot. Also, there are many who believe that unpasteurized goats milk is better than formula. If you can find a good source this could be an option. Take Care and take one day at a time! -Kimberly
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Nature's Sunshine Products NSP Forum Index -> Forum Archive All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: