Nature's Sunshine Products NSP Forum Index Nature's Sunshine Products NSP
For customer and distributor discussions of Nature's Sunshine Products. Not an official site of NSP.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Baby - Cold

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Nature's Sunshine Products NSP Forum Index -> Forum Archive
View previous topic :: View next topic  
CombinedNSP
Site Admin

PostPosted: Dec Sat 16, 2006 11:13 pm    Post subject: Baby - Cold Reply with quote

Baby - Cold

Someone just called me about a baby with a cold. Baby is 6 weeks old, and only 7 pounds. It is on some hypo-allgenic Nestles formula. Has a cough, runny nose and no chest congestion at this point. Dr. wants to put the baby on anti-histamines. Any suggestions? Thanks. -Ardis
- - - - - - - - - - - - - -
They need to watch for RSV. Bad time of year for it. I would not use antihistamines. In fact my Dr says to not use them in small children. He will only use Robotussin to keep mucus moving. He says antihistamines make the mucus stiff and slow and that is where the bacteria grows. Any herbs you can use in a small baby that will do that? -Elaine Forrester
I would do some carrot/celery juice and add a very small amount of beets. -Lisa A.
It's not always easy to recommend when it comes to someone else's baby that's so young because many of the labels suggest over 4 or 6 mos. old. But if it were mine I would do small amounts of liquid ALJ, vitamin A&D and diffuse essential oils in the house such as the Guardian blend. I believe a little Blue Vervain would be beneficial as well. -Chottsie
Liquid ALJ, Colostrum in the formula and for gosh sake's LET IT RUN IT'S COURSE -Laura Lewars
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Nature's Sunshine Products NSP Forum Index -> Forum Archive All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: