Nature's Sunshine Products NSP Forum Index Nature's Sunshine Products NSP
For customer and distributor discussions of Nature's Sunshine Products. Not an official site of NSP.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Arthritis - Rheumatoid

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Nature's Sunshine Products NSP Forum Index -> Forum Archive
View previous topic :: View next topic  
CombinedNSP
Site Admin

PostPosted: Dec Sun 17, 2006 10:30 am    Post subject: Arthritis - Rheumatoid Reply with quote

Arthritis - Rheumatoid

Does anyone have any experience with this. My friend just started taking a very harsh drug, methotrexate sodium, it sounds like it can do a lot of damage to the body. Thanks. -Lana
- - - - - - - - -
A few years ago I had been having miscarriages (while trying to have our 2nd child). My obgyn sent me to have some blood tests. While they were looking for lupus or other possible problems, they discovered that I tested positive for the rheumatoid factor (RF). They took a second blood test and it came up positive again(by the way this was not the cause of my miscarriages). This positive result will usually lead to rheumatoid arthritis symptoms. Prior to them finding this out, about 6 months before, I had noticed some roseyness in my cheeks that would come and go that I had never had before. I had also noticed that my breathing was getting labored when I did simple tasks. Tasks that should have not caused me to breath like I had run a block. Once I received the positive RF result, I began to put two and two together. A few years back I had been listening to a radio program by Joel Wallach DVM, ND. He mentioned that rheumatoid arthritis is caused by an organism that sits and lives in the lungs. He suggested low grade antibiotics for 6 mos. to 1 year for those that were already suffering with the symptoms to kill the organism. Well since I knew that the doctors were not going give me antibiotics because they don't believe it's as simple as that, I decided to use natural products that I knew were high in anti-viral, anti-bacterial properties. I took 4 cups of Natures Sunshine Product Pau D'Arco tea. I took NSP's Colloidal Silver and Grapine Extract (along with my baseline nutrients I had already been taking). Three months later I requested another blood test. The RF result returned negative. Along with that my prior symptoms of roseyness in my cheeks and labored breathing also went away.

Back then S.O.D. was not around. I would add this to the program as well. -Lourdes Martinez
- - - - - - - - - -
Try Natures Three, Liquid Chlorophyll and Vari-Gone. -S. Mitchell
- - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Q: I have a friend in her late 30's who is practically disabled from rheumatoid arthritis. Are there any kind of herbs she can take to help? Thank you. Chris
Get a juicer 4 starters celery, parsley and apple. Then try Yucca CA + Vitamin D, Flax Seed and Una de Gato. Generally 3x2/day. Good Luck -S Mitchell
Q: Hello, I am new to the NSP Family. I have a new member with Rheumatoid Arthritis. I have her starting on the EverFlex but would like to know of other NSP's that could help her. Thanks in advance. -Gerald
Hi Gerald, I once met a woman who, a year before, was ready for a wheelchair with rheumatoid arthritis. Her sister was a nurse studying Eastern Medicine and told her to avoid all of the nightshade family:
Green peppers
Tomatoes
Potatoes
Eggplant
Tobacco
She recovered tremendously when she took these foods out of her diet. I believe it is a very important aspect for the rheumatoid arthritics.

In this country, we tend to be over-acidic due to our STRESS and (S.A.D.)DIET.
Acid makes more pain. (among other things!) By balancing the pH and adding calcium/magnesium (I am among those who believe the Magnesium should be 2 times the calcium - a 2 to 1 ratio) the "Itises" (all dis-ease-s ending with itis) will lessen and maybe even go away! Actually, by keeping the pH balanced, the experts say that dis-ease will fade away because then you won't have an environment conducive to dis-ease!

I like Skeletal Strength plus Magnesium Complex, some others might use Coral Calcium. Liquid Chlorophyll and/or Ultimate Green Zone would be helpful as well. -Nancy Coulter
Yep, get the uric acid out of the joints..parsley and/or juniper berry tea is good for this..and red or black cherries are great at flushing out the uric acid..alfalfa is rich in vitamins and minerals, it will cleanse the whole body, and change it from acid to alkaline. add a pinch of cayenne pepper to the tea for a painkiller/tonic to move the blood. Drink lots of fresh, filtered water! -Redhawk
About 3 years ago I had been having miscarriages (while trying to have our 2nd child). My OBGYN sent me to have some blood tests. While they were looking for lupus or other possible problems, they discovered that I tested positive for the rheumatoid factor (RF). They took a second blood test and it came up positive again (by the way this was not the cause of my misarranges). This positive result will usually lead to rheumatoid arthritis symptoms. Prior to them finding this out, about 6 months before, I had noticed some rosiness in my cheeks that would come and go that I had never had before. I had also noticed that my breathing was getting labored when I did simple tasks. Tasks that should have not caused me to breath like I had run a block.

Once I received the positive RF result, I began to put two and two together. A few years back I had been listening to a radio program by Joel Wallach DVM, ND. He mentioned that rheumatoid arthritis is caused by an organism that sits and lives in the lungs. He suggested low grade antibiotics for 6 mos. to 1 year for those that were already suffering with the symptoms to kill the organism. Well since I knew that the doctors were not going give me antibiotics because they don't believe it's as simple as that, I decided to use natural products that I knew were high in anti-viral, anti-bacterial properties. I took 4 cups of Natures Sunshine Product Pau D'Arco tea. I took NSP's Colloidal Silver and Grapine Extract (along with my baseline nutrients I had already been taking). Three months later I requested another blood test. The RF result returned negative. Along with that my prior symptoms of rosiness in my cheeks and labored breathing also went away.

I agree that offending or irritating foods should be reduced/eliminated like stated in the other post, and a baseline supplementation like Colloidal Minerals (which also helps with PH balance) should be taken. -Lourdes
Q: Does anyone have suggestions on where to begin with a 16 month old who has been diagnosed with rheumatoid arthritis. I was thinking Noni and Probiotics. Thanks -Jerene
The first thing that comes to mind is Goat Whey - this baby needs minerals and especially organic sodium for joints. It will help with digestion which is probably faulty here also. Your suggestions are also fine - especially probiotics. Contact Bernard Jensen Int'l if you can't find goat whey in a health food store. -Mike Zavitz C.H.N.

Osteoarthritis

I have had osteoarthritis (knees) for years. I found NSP 10 years ago, started on herbs, (used Joint Ease, Glucosamine, Everflex, MSM etc.) and have been fine, until the last 6 months. Swelling, and pain brought me back to the doctor, and he is suggesting that I try the 3 Synvisc injections. He feels that I will get excellent results. Can anyone tell me about Synvisc. Thank you -Kathy
I can't tell you about the drug, but I can tell you that if you are not getting results with products like EverFlex (which should do the job) then you should look to the feet. You are most likely pronated (very, very common) causing a misalignment of the knee joints and resulting in degeneration due to excess wear and tear. NO DRUG WILL HELP THIS SITUATION. IT WILL ONLY MASK THE PROBLEM LEADING TO FASTER DEGENERATION. Proper orthotics that correct the pronation will probably do the job. The best ones will come from a chiropractor who uses "Foot Levelers" (brand.) But other brands will also work. (I recommend soft orthotics, NOT hard one. That's why I wouldn't recommend a podiatrist, who will probably use hard ones.)

If you want to try something on your own, try arch supports. Arch supports however will only partially correct for pronation. (A medial heel wedge is usually what is needed.) But they might help enough to improve the symptoms enough to convince you that this is what you need to do, rather than the drugs.

By the way, to confirm pronation, have someone look at your bare feet from behind while you are standing up looking straight ahead with your weight on both feet. The achilles tendons should run straight up and down. If they are bowed in toward the midline then you have pronation - THE most common cause of knee problems. If you are pronated then DON'T TAKE DRUGS! They will only make the problem worse. Correct the cause of the problem instead, take EverFlex and Noni Juice faithfully, and the degeneration in your knee will actually gradually start reversing. -Dr. Duane, DC
Dear Dr. Duane -- Does pronation also apply to the foot going the other way? My shoes wear out on the outside of the heel. I'm experiencing terrible knee pain (upon arising and sitting, up and down stairs and especially at night)which began suddenly about 6 weeks ago. I'm only 44 and it's so hard for me to believe that I probably have arthritic knees. -Paula Walentowicz
Excessive heel wear on the outside of the heel is one of the signs of pronation. You should have your feet looked at. I can't diagnose you through email without being able to examine you. However, I can assure you that osteoarthritis is very common among 44 year olds, especially those with foot pronation. The good news is that it is probably not too advanced and can probably be handled very well conservatively. EverFlex should help. It fixed my knee problem (along with orthotics) but you will need to take it long-term. You might also try arch supports just to see if that helps. If they do, then you probably are pronated and will need orthotics too, especially if your arches look like they are not as high as they used to be (although you don't have to be flat footed to have this problem.) -Duane

Arthritis
Q: I am looking for some advice on a long-term injury I have and want to handle before it gets out of hand & becomes disabling for me. I am almost 44yrs. old now & when I was 20 I went on a motorcycle ride with a friend (he was driving). He accidentally ran into a wire cable without seeing it & we crashed. He was ok but my right leg got wrapped up in the wire cable & resulted in 3rd degree burns. I had 2 skin graphs which didn't take too well. Thankfully my dad suggested I see a nutritionist friend of his & so I did & had a hair analysis done & got on a nutritional program. My leg healed up & I had not problems with it from then on. A few months ago I got up in the morning to find out my right leg was almost completely numb. Some excercise helped that out. Then last weekend I started getting what I would guess the early signs of rheumatoid arthritis in my right leg. I couldn't put any pressure on it w/o the joints paining me, so ended up using a chair to hold onto & move about the house. A few days later the pain went away with the help of alot of the NSP products we have that deal with such conditions. My question is, what preventative measures can I take to keep this problem away & eliminate the possiblity of rheumatoid arthritis in later years? i will continue to use NSP's products because I know this will help tremendously, but I'm looking for some expert advice from anyone who either has experienced a similar condition as mine or has treated a condition similar to mine. Thanks very much, Marianne Coenen
My experience was a little different as I had 5 broken ribs. The MSM has been a real lifesaver for me. There is a man on the MSM tape that had a sever burn from a car wreck and swars by the MSM, and now it has Glucosamine and chondroitin add to it. I am now taking that and only 2 three times a day and feel real good, the MSM. Cream is very good for heal spurs but the pH being kept in balance can also help as this gets ride of the acid which builds up in joints. I am new at this but everday is a real learning experience for me I hope I have helped some and I wish you the best in health today and everyday. -Shiella
Q; I took an arthritis herb combo from Nature's Sunshine many years ago. I can't seem to find products from NSP today for arthritis. Please advise. -James
Arthritis is an over acid condition in the body. I would want to balance my ph levels by eating lots of alkalizing fruits & veggies, using Skeletal Strength (has calcium/ magnesium which are alkalizing), Ultimate Green Zone (a green powdered drink mix), using lots of lemon in my pure water, avoiding soft drinks and coffee,and take Colloidal Minerals for all those trace minerals we're missing in our diet! Go to the root of the cause, don't just treat the symptoms. Noni Juice is very helpful as an addition to this program. -Nancy
It was either Joint Support or Ayurvedic Joint Health (Ayurvedic herbs). The one has been renamed joint health. -Lori Hassion
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Nature's Sunshine Products NSP Forum Index -> Forum Archive All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: