Nature's Sunshine Products NSP Forum Index Nature's Sunshine Products NSP
For customer and distributor discussions of Nature's Sunshine Products. Not an official site of NSP.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Aromatherapy

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Nature's Sunshine Products NSP Forum Index -> Forum Archive
View previous topic :: View next topic  
CombinedNSP
Site Admin

PostPosted: Dec Sun 17, 2006 10:32 am    Post subject: Aromatherapy Reply with quote

Aromatherapy

Yesterday I bought one of those little scent heaters that you plug in. Drops of the scented oils go on a little pad that is heated so the scent fills the air. I bought Peppermint and Lavender oil. When I got home I used the Peppermint and liked it very much but this morning when I used the Lavender I was immediately nauseated. If I hadn't felt sick as soon as I got the first whiff I don't think I would have associated it with the scent. I aired out the kitchen and used the Peppermint again and started feeling better but every time I caught a whiff of Lavender that had already drifted into another room I would have another wave a nausea. Can you be allergic to a scent? -Sherri
- - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Yes, I also cannot tolerate Lavender unless it is in a blend for improving breathing. I also do not tolerate the scent of chrysanthemums and sadly chrysanthemum oil is used as a base for many perfumes and when someone who wears that perfume is near me I have to get out the Homeopathic Allergies or flee. Lavender is a very fine product but you may either not tolerate it or your body doesn't need it right now. If that happens again, or you still find little pockets of the scent in the air, give them a good dose of Nature's Fresh. Nature's Fresh will remove the odor from the air and change it into harmless inactivity. -Marilyn Navarro
- - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Hi Sherri, According to NSP's Aromatherapy consultant Lorrie Hargis you should never heat an oil because it changes its properties. Using a diffuser such as the one NSP offers is a much better way to get it through the house. -Nancy
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Nature's Sunshine Products NSP Forum Index -> Forum Archive All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: