Nature's Sunshine Products NSP Forum Index Nature's Sunshine Products NSP
For customer and distributor discussions of Nature's Sunshine Products. Not an official site of NSP.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Ankles - Swollen - Sprained

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Nature's Sunshine Products NSP Forum Index -> Forum Archive
View previous topic :: View next topic  
CombinedNSP
Site Admin

PostPosted: Dec Sun 17, 2006 10:41 am    Post subject: Ankles - Swollen - Sprained Reply with quote

Ankles - Swollen - Sprained

My ankles swell up during the day and are horribly painful by night time. I'm a nurse and am on my feet for 12 hours a day. Any suggestions? -Michelle
- - - - - - - - - - - -
Ahhh, I can relate. I too was a nurse for 12 years and your are pooling fluids in your legs from constant standing. I use as well as many nurses up here at our local hospital Vari-Gone. It is wonderful to keep circulation going. I also take Super GLA to help with fluid retention. When you get home, elevate your legs for one half hour. You can also add Combination Potassium as it also relieves fluid retention. Salt holds on and potassium flushes fluids. -Suzanne
- - - - - - - - - - - -
A better choice would be parsley. It stimulates the kidneys to reduce water retention. Dandelion is also good because it a diuretic and it contains high levels of potassium. Drink plenty of clean, fresh water and ease up on foods containing sodium. Elevating your legs is very helpful. -Redhawk
- - - - - - - - - - - -
Master Gland, Dandelion and LB Extract are my herbs of choice. -S. Mitchell
- - - - - - - - - - - -
I think you should drink lots of water and stay away from salt. In the summertime when the weather is warm, we all tend to retain extra water. Water definitely will help you, at least 8 glasses a day.

Plus, put your feet up when you get home from work or soak them in a foot bath. -Lisa
- - - - - - - - - - - -
Q: I have recently noticed that my ankles are swollen all the time, I get out of the bed with them swollen. I have been taking Kidney Activator of about a month with no change. I am wondering if I could have a heart issue going on. -Linda
- - - - - - - - - - - -
Try Parsley 3/2 day. -S. Mitchell
- - - - - - - - - - - -
Try watermelon. These things such as Parsley and plenty of water will help with it. Cut down sodium. It does not address the reason you are having this problem. It will happen again if not addressed. It could be....Digestion, such as the spleen not working at this time. It could be the Kidneys or heart. It could be lack of physical activity. I don't know your history with diet, health, age and exercise, etc.

If there is a weight or digestion problem, or eating of to large of portions of food with to much variety on the plate at one time. This is a big problem with many people. Check out Drphil.com for his diet management program for all around balance with diet. It improves health. Hope this helps. -Teresa McIntyre
- - - - - - - - - - - -
Do you also experience lower back discomfort and or puffiness under your eyes (when you first wake up)? What about waking up to urinate a couple of times a night?

If you answer yes to any of these questions, I suspect that KB-C Chinese formula may be a formula to consider. -Lourdes Martinez
- - - - - - - - - - - -
Try the liquid, Kidney Drainage. If I start having that happen -- I just squirt a good squirt of it directly into my mouth. Any fluid retention is gone very shortly. I love it!! -Georgiana
- - - - - - - - - - - -
Q: Has anyone ever had a problem with a puffiness just below the ankle bone and pain unless wearing a support for the ankle? -Martha
- - - - - - - - - - - -
Did you injure your ankle recently? Even a slight twist? If not, there might be some fluid build-up; dandelion (I like the tea) is good for getting rid of excess water. Chondroitin in good for the soft tissue. I took it for a year when I tore ligaments in my ankle and it brought the swelling down and eased the pain. If this persists, you might want to have a holistic physician look at it. -Redhawk
- - - - - - - - - - - -
Q: Hello im 18 years old and my legs have started to get swollen I've been to the doctors and had blood tests and there's nothing wrong but a few more months went bye and I have started to notice that me feet have started to swollen have you got any suggestions please. -Amy
- - - - - - - - - - - -
I used parsley. Watermelon helps. Lemon in your water. Flax oil. More salads with greens. Walking, swimming etc. will help. Avoid sugar as much as you can. Eat light. Hope this helps. -Teresa Mc..
- - - - - - - - - - - -
For about the past 4 months I have had reoccurring swollen ankles on both legs. My BP is on average 115/70. I have had an electrocardiogram to test heart function and subsequent blood tests for kidney and liver function. Each test has turned up negative, any ideas? -JJ
- - - - - - - - - - - -
Dear Dina, I am wondering if you may end up getting good results with the NSP Chinese formula KB-C. Have you noticed if you also have a slight lower back pain. Also, do you tend to urinate frequently, also at night...do you wake to urinate?

Any knee discomfort or pain?

If you have some of these other symptoms have KB-C tested on you, this could take care of your ankle problem. Best wishes. -Lourdes Martinez
- - - - - - - - - - - -
I like for me dandelion and parsley root. -Dee

Could be thyroid or kidney's. As long as I support my thyroid my ankles have not swelled. Blood sugar levels sometimes causes this too. Check out your sodium or salt intake too. Drink plenty of water. Products for these problems are: Thyroid Support, Kidney Activator. Dandelion and Parsley helps with water retention too. Hope this helps. -Teresa McIntyre
- - - - - - - - - - - -
Work on the kidneys and lymphatic (use Kidney Drainage and Lymphatic) while you get to the root of the problem. Teresa is right - water retention is often from not drinking enough water! Blood sugar levels definitely play a role here, too, as they impair the kidney's ability to filter the toxins properly. Cut out all refined carbs, push the water, and you might see a real and lasting difference. You've got a "boggy" condition there, so you need to dry it out! -Sharon Grimes
- - - - - - - - - -
Anything that can be done to heal a sprained ankle faster? I'm assuming some AC Cream would be a good start. -Patty Shipley
- - - - - - - - - -
Tei Fu Oil. EverFlex or Bone/Skin Poultice - (Open a capsule of Bone/Skin Poultice and place on a gauze pad, then spry Nature's Fresh on this. Wrap saran wrap around the ankle with the pad on it and keep on over night. -Janice
- - - - - - - - - -
We have used Una De Gato for the pain - Skeletal Strength and Bone and Skin Poultice for healing. Works great! -Beth
- - - - - - - - - -
All the above suggestions are great. but you need to stabilize the ankle or keep it wrapped with an ace bandage. Then you need to try and keep your weight off the foot as much as possible. Soaking your foot, covering the ankle in a warm sea salt solution for 20 minutes or more, 3 times a day. To this sea salt water add lavender essential oil along with the Tei Fu Oil.
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Nature's Sunshine Products NSP Forum Index -> Forum Archive All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: