Nature's Sunshine Products NSP Forum Index Nature's Sunshine Products NSP
For customer and distributor discussions of Nature's Sunshine Products. Not an official site of NSP.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Allergies

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Nature's Sunshine Products NSP Forum Index -> Forum Archive
View previous topic :: View next topic  
CombinedNSP
Site Admin

PostPosted: Dec Sun 17, 2006 10:52 am    Post subject: Allergies Reply with quote

Allergies

My husband has dealt with allergies and sinus infections for a number of years. Whenever he has done a Tiao He Cleanse he has gotten really bad. I suspect Candida or parasites but when we try to treat him he gets so bad he can't breath. I started him on Yeast/Fungal Detox recently and he was blowing a lot out but then couldn't sleep at night because it was draining so bad. Now with allergy season in full swing he has constant problems and doesn't want to go back to prescription medicines. What is the best way to deal with this? -Cathie Whitcomb
- - - - - - - - - -
I had a client years ago who had asthma and horrible allergies. I met him when he was a NON-Believer in herbs and happened to be at one of my classes. I guess I was convincing, because he called me after the class and told he that he didn't know that he believed the herbs would do anything - but he would like to try a couple things. I had spoken of SN-X (Sinus Support now), LBS II and Psyllium. . . . and that's ALL he was willing to try.

Well, he stuck with his "2" products. . . By the next spring, the doctor was amazed, the client needed a much weaker shot than ever before. The following spring - he didn't need ANY shot at all. The following year, he went on a 15 mile hike with the boy scouts without being winded. (Remember he had pretty bad asthma)

Needless to say - he became a believer and is STILL a client, many years later.

The bottom line here is that I think you were doing the right thing. BUt, in your husband's case, I suspect the Tiao He Cleanse was strong enough to stir things up, but not strong enough to get it out. (Hence the bad reaction).

I think you were on the right track. I would suggest you putting him on Dr Jack's Bowel Cleanse (See FAQ page - Link will be at the bottom) Be sure to start with a small amount of Psyllium (You DO NOT want him to get constipated) and enough LBS II (or Senna if necessary) for him to have a BM after each meal. MOST important for him to get that OUT of his body!!!

You could use CleanStart, but you would have to start with a sprinkle of the powder and enough LBS II to move after each meal. . . . VERY important!! I think Dr Jack's Cleanse from scratch would be better in his case.

I loved the old Sinus Support (with ephedra) -- haven't tried the new because I have a lifetime supply of the old one. But, even with that -- you have to make sure he takes enough to help.
PLEASE try Dr J's cleanse. -Georgiana
- - - - - - - - - -
Molly has lots of clear mucus. She has a cough with it. I don't know whether it is allergies or a cold. She has no fever and acts fine. She coughs a lot and snot runs forever. She has really bad circles under her eyes but she also has not slept great in the last couple of nights. If one or the other how would you treat? -Missy O'Sullivan
- - - - - - - - - -
Allergies preceed infection. That is, allergies 'beat up' human tissue until it becomes pathogen (germ) food. Get the child on their blood type diet to reduce allergen overload. Meanwhile try Citrus Bioflavs, HistaBlock and something like ALJ or Mullein to soothe the resp. track. -Pat Block
- - - - - - - - - -
Q: I just recently tested positive for allergies to both ink and paper. I was wondering if anyone has similar allergies and how do you live with it. I am trying to figure out a way that I can still read books and touch paper products, maybe with gloves on? I'm also not sure if fumes from the ink in books and newspapers will set off a reaction too. Maybe I need a mask too? Does anyone know? I also tested positive to all tinted latex paints and was wondering if anyone knows if the fumes alone from paint will set off an allergic reaction. Any suggestions would be sooo appreciated. I have many other food and chemical allergies. Suggestions on what herbs would heal the root cause of the allergies would also be appreciated. Thank you. -Debbie
- - - - - - - - - -
I met a gal at the grocery store who got splits in the skin on her hands from handling paper grocery sacks? Is that what happens to you?

This was many years ago -- all I remember is that she used Pau D Arco Lotion and all the splits healed. I don't remember the cause, but am thinking it may be a candida issue because of how it responded to the Pau D'Arco. -Georgiana
- - - - - - - - - -
Q: The reaction I get from everything I am allergic to is that my sinus's get congested and I end up with a sinus migraine. My ears also plug up. This goes on for two or three days before everything drains and I start feeling better. My chest also tightens up and it hurts to breathe. I 've been taking ALJ and HistaBlock which works pretty well. The only problem is that it only works for about 1 hour and then I have to take more. I will go through 3/4 of a bottle in a week. I need to get to the root cause of the allergies and start healing. I also have many other food and chemical allergies; dairy, sulphites, yellow and red dye in foods, MSG, silver, nail polish, latex paint, ink, all paper, olives, cinnamon, honey, and more. Any suggestions? Thanks. -Debbie
- - - - - - - - - -
Ok, now we're on the same page. Respiratory and bowels are definitely connected. I've had many people rid themselves of asthma and respiratory allergies merely by cleaning up their bodies. I would search the FAQ page and preferably do Dr Jack's bowel cleanse. THIS WILL help the liver also.

I do like to see people start with basics -- that often clears up the problem. My suggestion would be to do the Habit-of-Health 90-Day Challenge with Thai-Go. This will approach your bowels, digestion, and nutrition. You may find that at the end of it, you want to continue because your allergies are gone or at the very least, much less than before. In the meantime, along with that, try taking Sinus Support, 3 X 3 Daily. Hope this helps you. -Georgiana
- - - - - - - - - -
Allergy Testimony I would like to share a case that I have. May help others.

I have a male client who has suffered from allergies for about 15 years. He has never had any sinus infection...but experiences sneezing attacks and of course the watery eyes and sinus drainage.

When I did a thorough exam on him, I found out he was deficient in magnesium, b-vitamins, and both the essential fatty acids (EFA's) Omega-6 and Omega-3. He was allergic to wheat (I test for wheat, corn, rice, milk, yeast, mayo(fat), and citrus allergies). When someone is allergic to wheat they also are allergic to dust, detergents, wool and cat and dog dander.

He also has overactive adrenals and lymphatics were also off. Along with that his hydrochloric acid was low (adrenals affect HCI and/or digestive enzymes in stomach).

In my research I discovered that when magnesium, b-5 (pantothenic acid), b-6 and b-3 are off, EFA's are not metabolized and converted properly for the body to utilize it and absorb it. Especially Omega-6. This not only sets you up for allergies (especially to wheat and/or corn) but low omega-6 can cause skin disorders, especially eczema.

Anyhow, so I gave my client the following regiment.

2 teaspoon flaxseed oil per day, mix in juice, 1 teaspoon safflower oil per day, mix in juice

(very high in Omega-6 and also has vitamin E, Magnesium complex, B-Complex, Citrus Bioflavonoids, Lymphomax Has increased his water intake and decreased coffee. Stays away from all wheat products. If he happens to eat wheat his sneezing starts up. He takes some safflower oil and the sneezing stops.

His recovery has been wonderful. His sneezing attacks are 80% under control. He has been on his regiment for 4 weeks. Hope this is enlightening to some. -Lourdes Martinez
- - - - - - - - - -
I know a guy who's allergies get so bad during alergy season he has the worst issues I ever saw. I suggested ALJ and he said the more of those he took the more he couldn't even breath. I was going to recommend a 90 day colon cleanse and some of the things mentioned for the suggestions for asthma. Would that be good? Any other suggestions? -Marguerite
- - - - - - - - - -
Definitely!!! Respiratory health = Bowel health
-Georgiana
- - - - - - - - - -
Yes, what I suggested for the singular question will work with your client (yeast detoxification, flora...etc)...however with allergies to pollen, animal dander, wool...etc. I have found the following:

They tend to have a need for: - Omega-3 and omega-6 EFA's. - Magnesium - B vitamins - And liquid chlorophyll helps with detoxification

People with these type of allergies also tend to be allergic to wheat so you may want to advise your client to stay off wheat products for the next 6 to 8 weeks...after this time it should not be a problem because the elevation of the nutrients that were off will allow the body to neutralize and metabolize wheat properly.

Make sure they stay off sodas, coffee, and any carbonated drinks they leach our b vitamins and magnesium. Women on birth control pills lower their b vitamins as well. Hope this is helpful. -Lourdes Martinez
- - - - - - - - - - - - - -
While on vacation in Chicago, I had a very bad allergy attack and could not stop sneezing. The attack may have been caused by a combination of cat dander and pollen. I took 4 ALJ . I felt relief within 15 minutes. I continued to saturate my body with ALJ by taking 4 ALJ every 2 hours until bedtime. The next day I only needed 2 ALJ every 4 hours. By the 3rd day I only needed to take a few ALJ. I highly recommend this product to everyone who gets an allergy attack. -Joan Kasich
- - - - - - - - - - - - - -

I would like to share a case that I have. May help others.

I have a male client who has suffered from allergies for about 15 years. He has never had any sinus infection...but experiences sneezing attacks and of course the watery eyes and sinus drainage.

When I did a thorough exam on him, I found out he was deficient in magnesium, b-vitamins, and both the essential fatty acids (EFA's) Omega-6 and Omega-3. He was allergic to wheat (I test for wheat, corn, rice, milk, yeast, mayo(fat), and citrus allergies). When someone is allergic to wheat they also are allergic to dust, detergents, wool and cat and dog dander.

He also has overactive adrenals and lymphatics were also off. Along with that his hydrochloric acid was low (adrenals affect HCI and/or digestive enzymes in stomach).

In my research I discovered that when magnesium, B-5 (pantothenic acid), B-6 and B-3 are off, EFA's are not metabolized and converted properly for the body to utilize it and absorb it. Especially Omega-6. This not only sets you up for allergies (especially to wheat and/or corn) but low omega-6 can cause skin disorders, especially eczema.

Anyhow, so I gave my client the following regiment.

2 teaspoon Flaxseed Oil per day, mix in juice, 1 teaspoon safflower oil per day, mix in juice

(very high in Omega-6 and also has vitamin E, Magnesium complex, B-Complex Citrus Bioflavonoids Lymphomax Has increased his water intake and decreased coffee. Stays away from all wheat products. If he happens to eat wheat his sneezing starts up. He takes some safflower oil and the sneezing stops.

His recovery has been wonderful. His sneezing attacks are 80% under control. He has been on his regiment for 4 weeks.

Hope this is enlightening to some.
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Nature's Sunshine Products NSP Forum Index -> Forum Archive All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: