Nature's Sunshine Products NSP Forum Index Nature's Sunshine Products NSP
For customer and distributor discussions of Nature's Sunshine Products. Not an official site of NSP.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Acne

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Nature's Sunshine Products NSP Forum Index -> Forum Archive
View previous topic :: View next topic  
CombinedNSP
Site Admin

PostPosted: Dec Sun 17, 2006 11:11 am    Post subject: Acne Reply with quote

ACNE

Hello all! I was wondering if any of you have tried BP-X and/or Skin Detox for adult acne? I have been on Ayurvedic Skin Detox and BP-X for my adult acne for over 2 weeks now. I have since exploded with painful acne all over my face since then and was wondering if this is a common symptom due to the detox process and when I should begin to see results, etc. ANY input is much appreciated! Thanks. -Janine
- - - - - - - - - - - - - -
I have had problems with this myself. I took and am still taking C-X when I first started I had to take 8 caps a day...four in am and four in pm. Also had to add Wild Yam. Once I got that under control then I would alternate between Pregnenolone and 5HTP. -Gwen Wildes
You answered your own question, Janine. You ARE seeing results. Though your goal is to get rid of acne, the process of doing so is through detoxification and purification -- the words are even in the names of the products. -David Ross, ND
I as well had severe acne 10 years ago and tried every lotion until I realized that all healing starts from within. I now have no scars and great smooth skin. Try high amounts of natural Vitamin A for a few months (50,000 IU / day in divided doses), Acidophilus (9/day in divided doses morning, between a meal and before bed), combination BP OR BP-X (blood Purifier) (4/day), make sure bowel movements are 1 for every meal you have. If they are not then add Psyllium Hulls to your diet and drink lots of water with them. Make sure to drink 8-10 glasses of PURE water daily. Avoid the school water (use bottled) for a while. No white sugar/white flour products or fried foods for a month and then after use sparingly. This will help if you follow it. -Mike Zavitz - C.H.N.
I believe this is what is most commonly called "Cystic Acne". I have a couple past messages and then my own place to start ---

Cysts are usually pus and are a sign that protein digestion is not going well. This leads often to leaky gut. The immune system sequesters the invaders and 'fallen comrads' (=expended white blood cells) into cysts. I'd begin with Food Enzymes w/meals and 2 Proactazyme at night (bedtime) on an empty stomach. Then Bif. FF 6/day w/meals. Make a batch of aloe gel (2 Tbls) 6 drops Lavender and 6 drops Geranium. Mix well and apply topically to reduce local inflammation and reduce scaring. -Pat Block, ND
In the area that you have listed and since cystic acne is usually liver related, I would make sure that she is not doing any dairy or any mucous forming foods like white flour or sugar. To work on the excess mucus she could have with this try Cordyceps and also work on her digestive system with enzymes and the liver with Chinese Liver Balance (LIV-C). -Kimberly Balas
I would tend to agree with Kimberly on this. . . But, I would start him on a probiotic (Perhaps I-Reuteri to start) 2 in the AM before eating anything, and perhaps a Hi Lipase with meals, Then put him on Tiao He Cleanse. This will both give assistance to his liver, but help carry the toxins out the bowel.

Not just cutting DOWN on the sweets and pop - but cut it OUT along with fried foods. At least long enough to give his skin time to start healing.

See if this helps. I had an entire program for this that someone at a convention gave me many, many years ago -- And I can't find it. I'll send it on if I can find it. -Georgiana
I really like LIV-J for the liver. You may want to try Black Ointment to draw the toxins out of your skins and Golden Salve for healing. -Robin Snelgrove
Don't pick at the blemishes, and keep your face clean with Tea Tree Oil Soap and Tea Tree Oil, keep taking the herbs, and be patient. Eventually, as the detoxification continues, your face will clear up. To Your Health, -David Ross, ND
I had a fellow try BP-X (mostly because he had a problem with the liver as well as the adult acne) and our Homeopathic Acne. He got immediate results! He says it's the first time he has been acne free in his life. -Kathy Mac
Q: My 11 year old daughter has been having trouble with what appears to be acne on her face and back since she was 8 years old. I have tried everything I can think of to help her including treating her for a staph infection, liver support, support for toxins, acidophilus, allergy's, acne homeopathic, just to name a few. I am beginning to think that hormones are playing a role and have thought of trying natural progesterone cream on her face. However, she has not started her period yet and I am concerned about messing up her reproductive cycle in some way. Please help me with your thoughts and suggestions. Thank you. -Charlotte
I have found acne can be caused by hormones or liver congestion. BP-X is a good start. Add something hormonal like Female Comfort or what fits best. To that, I like to add homeopathic Acne. I have had good success with just the BP-X & Acne homeopathic with many clients. -Jean Weddle
I am a licensed esthetician and I have treated acne clients in the past. I use Enviro-Detox with Black Walnut Extract and LBS II, Zinc and Acidophilus. Also, cleanse her skin and follow with a warm compress soaked in baking soda & water. Spritz Colloidal Silver on the face and use Oregon Grape on the skin under a clay masque every day. Include the Acne Homeopathic and Tea Tree Essential Oil as an antiseptic or spot treatment for pimples. Put a towel on her pillow and change it nightly and don't let her touch her face with the palm of her hands. If she has to touch it, use the back of her hands. Most importantly; Don't Pick the Pimples! -Higher Healing Herbals

When I was 20 I had a bad acne problem. I didn't know about herbs at the time, but I went to a health food store.

The owner suggested three things, which I took trusting that they would work, and they did! The three items were Blessed Thistle (for hormones), Red Clover (for blood purification), and a colon cleanser - maybe LBS II would work.
First my skin got worse, but within about 3 weeks it cleared up and has been clear ever since. It was a great relief. I hope this helps, and good luck with your daughter! -Ruth
Q: My son is 16 and has had acne for a couple years, but not to the point he is having now. He is developing what appear to be cyst under the skin that he won't leave alone. I would love any suggestions!!! He doesn't like the attention they draw to his face. -Lorie
Increase his Zinc intake and use Tea Tree Oil, or Lavender Oil directly on the problem areas. He may also want to use CleanStart to clean out from the inside. -Scott Roth
I have suggested Liver Balance and Milk Thistle combination and have seen miracles in just a few weeks, and eventually my clients do not have to come back for those herbs because they do not need them any more. But they do come back for other things because they trust these good herbs! Might want to try it. Acne Homeopathic helps the herbs work a bit faster. -Marilyn Navarro
Give your son about 50,000 IU's of vitamin A per day until it starts to clear up, then you can drop the dose to about 20,000, and see if that dose can maintain a good skin condition for him. Vitamin A is very cheap, and it works wonders. Also, make sure that he takes a good multi-vitamin so that the 'A' will work even better. -Vinton
Usually acne relates to a liver problem. - Using Milk Thistle Combination will help cleanse the liver - however, it stirs up old toxins and acne may get worse before it gets better. Sarsaparilla has helped me with acne also. To your health! -Beth
Our Ayurvedic Skin Detox has done wonders for my daughter who has had acne. We had tried cleaning the bowel and detoxing the liver but when we added the Skin Detox it cleared right up. To your health! -Helen Red
We have just gone through this for two years with my older daughter that had flawless skin until she started to college. We assumed it was stress and used several different stress formulas. She did colon cleanse, kidney cleanse, used Oregon Grape for skin conditions, Grapine internally as well as Ayurvedic Skin Detox and Colloidal Silver. All would help some but never eliminate the problem. It continued to get worse until it was extremely swollen red and itching and covered her whole cheek. I read an article about Vitamin B and acne and we started her on mega doses of Vitamin B Complex, Vitamin A & D and Zinc, also very important for acne, The inflammation immediately lessened and now the swelling is almost totally gone. She left off the B Complex for a while and it started getting inflamed again. It looks the best right now that it has in two years. Hope this helps. -Laverne Cribbs
I would suggest colon cleansing and Colloidal Silver topically and internally also Homeopathic Acne. -Dr Inge Wetzel
Also Tea Tree Oil topically works very well and along with the colon cleansing. Try BP-X to clean the blood of toxins which eventually wind up in the skin. -Gail Pfaff ND -
I've been drinking Chlorophyll in my water every day. NSP has it in a capsule too. I also take Beta Carotene. My face has been clear. I used to get huge boils on my hairline and chin. Stay with it, don't give up. It doesn't happen overnight.

He might think of doing some herbs for the bowel to make sure the toxins are moving out. Try LB-X or LBS II. -Di
Thought I'd put in 2 cents. Some other suggestions (other ones were good too), would be zinc, and MSM. I know that MSM has cleared some of my customers faces. Also one that is hard to believe that works is NSP Homeopathic Acne, I have customers teenagers who swore by it. One in particular used it several times a day to get started and now only uses it 2 times a day to maintain. Yours In Health. -Virginia
Coaching class charts indicate Chinese Liver Balance and Milk Thistle combination. No client I have had that has tried this has failed to correct their acne. The only exception is some adults that following the chart choose BP-X and Milk Thistle combination. Doses are on the labels. -Marilyn N.
Have you tried the following: Dilute tea tree oil (couple drops) in a cup of water and put on the face/pimples 3X/day. Can also put it on pure directly on the pimple. May want to try one spot first before putting on all the face the first time.
Consider that she may have candida albicans. I would definitely suggest Bifidophilus, even if there is no candida overgrowth. Echinacea and Lmphomax will help lymph glands dump the waste. Add exercise to help the lymphatics. Bouncing on a mini trampoline is great exercise for the lymphatic system and all of the body. Liver cleansing has helped many with acne - try Red Clover. Nutri-Calm couldn't hurt and just might help too. Often they nervously pick at the spots. Remind her that it's hands off. Don't forget Tea Tree Oil externally. Apply on individual spots, not all over the face. It tends to be drying too. Often we don't realize that the skin is an elimination organ. Because this is true, it is therefore necessary that we remove what's been eliminated. I suggest at least two showers every day and dry skin brushing to help with this cleansing. Do not dry brush the face nor the breast. Use a natural bristle brush. Brush from the bottom of the feet upward toward the heart. Brush till pink. Watch the dry dead skin flakes fall onto a dark towel and know that it is good to be rid of it. -Dr Sandy Taylor
I know someone with major acne problems. She did the Tiao He Cleanse first then started taking HSN-W in addition to using Aloe Vera Gel on her face in the morning and Herbal Trim Skin Treatment on her face at night. I have heard others mention using one or more of the following BP-X, Ayurvedic Skin Detox, HSN-W, Tea Tree Oil, Chlorophyll. Also important, drink lots and lots of pure water. -Deborah
When I had my daughter, she started getting little white bumps -- did some reading and muscle tested a few formulas for her. I ended up using liquids of Oregon Grape and Red Clover Blend. Oregon Grape is great for lymphatics the little garbage collectors, for the blood stream, helps to detox them. Red Clover is a good blood cleanser to help body rid the blood stream of these toxins. Might also suggest a lower bowel cleanser such as liquid LB-X, if child does not have good bowel movements or you could simply watch the diet, limit dairy and breads. Increase fresh fruits and veggies and make sure child is hydrated. Plenty of good water, fruit juices should be used sparingly and please stay away from sodas, very bad diet choice for children. Juices are better than sodas but we need water if properly hydrated. Body will have more efficient softer movements therefor opening elimination channels. Will help body detox in right areas instead of trying to rid toxins through the skin hope this helps. -Stacey L Brown
Has he tried Tiao He Cleanse? I've seen that work beautifully on some teens with the cystic type acne. I think it's the liver cleansing as well as the bowel.
- - - - - - - - - - -
I am 20 years old and up until recently, I had a problem with acne. I was having breakouts worse than when I was in high school. My face has cleared up, and these are the actions that I took: First, I did a colon cleanse. This helped, but the acne came back. I did a liver cleanse next, and that worked great to keep the acne from returning. I also used the Acne Homeopathic in conjunction with the liver cleanse. Second, I used the Natria skin care line, but I used both the balancing and nourishing lines together: Nourishing cleanser and toner, skin refining serum, and the Balancing moisturizers. I have learned that it is essential to not over cleanse the face with acne, as this will dry out the skin and cause more breakouts. I only cleansed once a day (at night). The balancing moisturizers, and especially the advanced recovery moisturizer, helped to give good moisture to my face. I also used lavender and geranium essential oils in the moisturizer before going to bed, and tea tree oil directly on the blemishes during the day. The essential oils worked wonderfully to keep the acne under control. Hope this information helps! -Andrew
- - - - - - - - - -
Try HSN-W, Chickweed and Nutri-Calm. -S. Mitchell
- - - - - - - - - -
Use Accutane ONLY as a last resort and don't let the dermatologist bully you into trying it. The side effects are not worth it! Been there! -Trish
- - - - - - - - - -
Have you tried liver management? The entire T zone seems to be ruled by the liver, except for the mouth which has more to do with hormones and lack of B vitamins. The acne on the chin is kind of a combo - liver, small intestine and hormones. Cleansing the liver will help hormones, as will avoiding estrogenic foods like soy. All the best. -Ivana
==========
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Nature's Sunshine Products NSP Forum Index -> Forum Archive All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: