Nature's Sunshine Products NSP Forum Index Nature's Sunshine Products NSP
For customer and distributor discussions of Nature's Sunshine Products. Not an official site of NSP.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Soy Lecithin

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Nature's Sunshine Products NSP Forum Index -> Forum Archive
View previous topic :: View next topic  
CombinedNSP
Site Admin

PostPosted: Dec Thu 14, 2006 5:08 pm    Post subject: Soy Lecithin Reply with quote

Soy Lecithin

I am wondering if soy lecithin could be a problem for my husband who has Alzheimer's. It's the soy source that concerns me. I worry that I may have contributed to his problems now by giving him soy shakes from 1993 thru 1997. He seemed to display a mild dementia around 1997. He's an alcoholic who has been sober for over 25 years. A doctor told us his drinking may have contributed.

He has progressively grown worse and whatever I've tried has not stopped the progression. I almost think this type of illness is sort of a desire to cop out. It's been a struggle to keep him eating healthy and taking the supplements since he is generally out of touch with his body and operates more from the mind. Thanks. -Marianne
- - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Choline and Inositol (B vitamins) manufacture lecithin in the body, when some one drinks excessively the B vitamins are constantly being destroyed. Why not give him extra choline and inositol along with a b-complex and see if this is of help.

A couple of years ago I became aware of how Niacin (B-3) when very deficient can cause schizophrenia to develop...well it also causes depression. I have used it successfully to treat clients with mild to moderate depression.

It's amazing the problems that arise with b vitamin deficiencies. Might as well give it a try. -Lourdes Martinez
I have him taking Mega-Chel. Isn't this enough of the b vitamins. -Marianne
Probably not, especially with his issues. IF her was an alcoholic in the past, he went thru severe B-Complex deficiency at that time.

My mother in law has Alzheimer's Disease and we found that several Super Omega 3 EPA a day helped prevent her from becoming agitated and would help calm her if she did get upset over anything. Have you noticed that DHA is supposed to be helpful for memory? I take twice as much Omega 3 EPA as DHA. -Georgiana
Just like Georgiana stated...no it is not enough..I couldn't find Choline listed in the Mega-Chel. To give you an idea on my clients with depression. Those that had mild depression needed 500 mg of Niacin a day. Those that had moderate levels of depression needed 1000-1500 mg of Niacin a day.

So you see we can suppose that your husband needs therapeutic dosages of B vitamins. The good thing is B-vitamins are water soluble so they don't build up in your body easily so toxicity is extremely low.

I would suggest 3 of the B-Complex a day and at least an additional 500 mg of choline and 500 mg of inositol...try this for 8 weeks and see what you notice. -Lourdes Martinez
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Nature's Sunshine Products NSP Forum Index -> Forum Archive All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: