Nature's Sunshine Products NSP Forum Index Nature's Sunshine Products NSP
For customer and distributor discussions of Nature's Sunshine Products. Not an official site of NSP.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Soft Drinks

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Nature's Sunshine Products NSP Forum Index -> Forum Archive
View previous topic :: View next topic  
CombinedNSP
Site Admin

PostPosted: Dec Thu 14, 2006 5:14 pm    Post subject: Soft Drinks Reply with quote

Soft Drinks

Hard Facts About Soft Drinks
By: Carol McKinney

HELLO! I am a humble, effervescent liquid. Humble? Well, I am actually quite proud of myself.. Allow me to brag a little. I fizz, sparkle, and bubble my way into thousands of people all over the World every day. I have much Power! I cause masses of Humanity to make beelines for snack dispensers everywhere. I stir men, women and teenagers to dash in their cars, even late at night, to their nearest 24-hr. convenience store. I motivate others to root through pockets or purses for last coins in exchange for me. The best thing about me is that I am Addicting! I am responsible for giving thousands of addicts their daily "fixes." This is because I often contain a substance called Caffeine. It is a stimulant, which makes their hearts beat fast, and their nervous systems work like crazy. But I am a sneaky Double Agent. I pretend to give people energy and a Lift because of the Caffeine. But a few hours later they come crashing down, get shaky and then need me again, for another Charge. This plays havoc with their hearts and nerves, but they still look to me for relief day after day.

To give me an appetizing brown tint, I contain "caramel coloring," which has been proved to have genetic effects and a cancer-causing suspect. I often have polyethylene glycol as one of my ingredients. Most of you don't know that glycol is used for antifreeze in autos, and an oil solvent. The bubbles and fizz with which I potently burn your insides is caused by phosphoric acid and carbon dioxide. The phosphorus in the acid upsets the body's calcium-phosphorus ratio and dissolves calcium out of the bones and teeth. This can eventually result in Osteoporosis, and the weakening of the skeletal structure, making you susceptible to broken bones. The phosphorus also conflicts with the hydrochloric acid in your stomach and renders it ineffective. This promotes indigestion and also bloating in many individuals. Thus, I am a major cause of heartburn, when consumed with meals.

I am proud to announce that I offer a selection of 3 types of Sweeteners, according to my customers' preferences. They are Saccharine or Aspartame in the diet type, or Sugar and Corn Syrup in regular drinks. Those substances enhance my appeal and are thought of as Good. However, taste can be deceiving. Let me explain!

Saccharine, as an artificial sweetener, has proven to cause cancer in laboratory animals. There are warning labels on all my containers in which it is an ingredient.

Aspartame, mostly sold under the brand name Nutra Sweet EET, has been linked by many case studies to convulsions, depression, insomnia, irritability, weakness, dizziness, headaches, mood changes and even memory losses. [There is a website set up where there are hundreds of case studies and Testimonials from affected persons dating back several years.] Sugar and corn syrup can induce both Hypoglycemia (Low Blood Sugar) and Hyperglycemia (high blood sugar) in susceptible individuals. Hypoglycemia has been linked to mental illness and depression, while Hyperglycemia has triggered Diabetes. Specific studies done at the Univ. of Alabama have shown that when healthy volunteers drank 24 oz. Of sugary cola drinks, it dramatically depressed their immune systems. The "good" blood cells, which attack harmful bacteria and viruses, were shown to decrease dramatically, reducing the body's immunity to disease. Sugar gives you a lift or burst of energy, then sends you crashing down with feelings of fatigue, like caffeine does. Then you drink more, to get another charge, and this pattern damages the adrenal glands. One of the causes of chronic fatigue syndrome is exhausted adrenal glands.

I am Gorgeous! I come dressed in a shiny metal can of various colors and tints. I beckon and dazzle shoppers as they pass me in the markets. On a hot day, I am especially attractive. Many hands reach for cases of me to share with friends and family at picnics and parties. But I am very tricky! My supposed thirst-quenching liquid which is alluringly encased in an aluminum can, contains traces of that metal. The acid in me eats away the aluminum, which floats around until you drink it. Aluminum is a very toxic substance and builds up in your body. It has a particular affinity for the brain, and has been linked to the degenerative senility affliction, known as Alzheimer's Disease.

I have another way to Trick you also! You think that you will lose weight by drinking me in the Diet form, but this is not so! My high sodium content causes you to retain water, and often become "edemic." Your kidneys and bladder do not function properly after a long-time habit of soft drink intake. My ingredients destroy the beneficial flora in your colon, often causing constipation. This locks the toxins in your body so that they cannot be eliminated properly. Thus, the blood is impure and the cells are affected. In order to lose weight, fat must be flushed from the cells, by drinking lots of pure water. The enzymes responsible for aiding the process of fat-release become paralyzed when they are poisoned, and so cannot do their job. People defeat their Purpose when they try to lose weight drinking me!

In conclusion, I would like to brag that there is not a bit of humility in me! I am very Egotistical, and am Master over much of the decision making ability of the human race! You don't believe me? Look around you, on school campuses, in parks and beaches, at ball games, in all the business offices, at street corners--anywhere there are people-- see you around!!!
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Liquid Candy - How Soft Drinks are Harming Americans' Health
By Michael F. Jacobson, Ph.D.

In 1942, when production of carbonated soft drinks was about 60 12-ounce servings per person, the American Medical Association's (AMA) Council on Foods and Nutrition stated: From the health point of view it is desirable especially to have restriction of such use of sugar as is represented by consumption of sweetened carbonated beverages and forms of candy which are of low nutritional value. The Council believes it would be in the interest of the public health for all practical means to be taken to limit consumption of sugar in any form in which it fails to be combined with significant proportions of other foods of high nutritive quality.1 By 1998, soft-drink production had increased by nine-fold and provided more than one-third of all refined sugars in the diet, but the AMA and other medical organizations now are largely silent. This review discusses the nutritional impact and health consequences of massive consumption of soft-drinks,2 particularly in teenagers.

Soaring Consumption of Soft Drinks Carbonated soft drinks account for more than 27% of Americans' beverage consumption.3 In 1997, Americans spent over $54 billion to buy 14 billion gallons of soft drinks. That is equivalent to more than 576 12-ounce servings per year or 1.6 12-ounce cans per day for every man, woman, and child.4 That is also more than twice the amount produced in 1974. Artificially sweetened diet sodas account for 24% of sales, up from 8.6% in 1970.5 Children start drinking soda pop at a remarkably young age, and consumption increases through young adulthood. One fifth of one- and two-year-old children consume soft drinks.6 Those toddlers drink an average of seven ounces -- nearly one cup -- per day. Toddlers' consumption changed little between the late 1970s and mid 1990s. Almost half of all children between 6 and 11 drink soda pop, with the average drinker consuming 15 ounces per day. That's up slightly from 12 ounces in 1977-78. The most avid consumers of all are 12- to 29-year-old males. Among boys 12 to 19, those who imbibe soda pop drink an average of almost 2˝ 12-ounce sodas (28.5 ounces) per day. Teenage girls also drink large amounts of pop. Girls who drink soft drinks consume about 1.7 sodas per day. (Women in their twenties average slightly more: two 12-ounce sodas per day.)

Why Consumption Has Increased One reason, aside from the ubiquitous advertising, for increasing consumption is that the industry has steadily increased container sizes. In the 1950s, Coca-Cola's 6˝-ounce bottle was the standard serving. That grew into the 12-ounce can, and now those are being supplanted by 20-ounce bottles (and the 64-ounce Double Gulp at 7-Eleven stores). The larger the container, the more beverage people are likely to drink, especially when they assume they are buying single-serving containers. Also, prices encourage people to drink large servings. For instance, at McDonald's restaurants a 12-ounce ("child size") drink costs 89 cents, while a drink 250% larger (42-ounce "super size") costs only 79% more ($1.59).9 At Cineplex Odeon theaters, a 20-ounce ("small") drink costs $2.50, but one 120% larger (44-ounce "large") costs only 30% more/$3.25.10
- - - - - - - - - - - - - -
The average pH of soft drinks, e.g., Coke, Pepsi is pH 3.4. This acidity is strong enough to dissolve teeth and bones! Our human body stops building bones at around the age of 30. After that it'll be dissolving about 8-18% of the bones each year through the urine depending on the acidity of the food intake (acidity does not depend on the taste of the food, but on the ratio of potassium/calcium/ magnesium/etc. to phosphorus). All the dissolved calcium compounds accumulate in the arteries, veins, skin tissue, organs. This affects the functioning of the kidney (kidney stones). Soft drinks do not have any nutritional value (in terms of vitamins and minerals). They have higher sugar content, higher acidity, and more additives such as preservatives and colorings.

Some people like to have cold soft drinks after each meal. Guess the impact? Our body has an optimum temperature of 37degrees for the functioning of digestive enzymes. The temperature of cold soft drinks is much less than 37, sometimes quite close to 0. This will lower the effectiveness of the enzymes and put stress on the digestive system, digesting less food. In fact the food gets fermented. The fermented food produces bad smelling gases, decays and forms toxins which are absorbed in the intestines, get circulated in the blood and is delivered to the whole body. This spread of toxins can lead to the development of various diseases.

Think before you drink Coke or Pepsi or any another soft drink. Have you ever thought what you drink when you drink an aerated drink? You gulp down carbon dioxide, something that nobody in the world would advise you to do. Two months ago, there was a competition in Delhi University "Who can drink the most Coke?" The winner drank 8 bottles and died on the spot because too much carbon dioxide in the blood and not enough oxygen. From then on, the principal banned all soft drinks from the university canteen. Someone put a broken tooth in a bottle of Pepsi and in 10 days it is dissolved! Teeth and bones are the only human organ that stay intact for years after death. Imagine what the drink must be doing to your soft intestines and stomach lining! -Tonja Wells
Has everyone heard the latest about the new Pepsi product? The sweetener is known as "Ace K" (acesulfame potassium). In an article from USA Today, I quote, "Not everyone approves. Some critics say the possible side effects of ace K, which is 200 times sweeter than sugar, haven't been studied enough. It caused unusually high rates of cancer among lab rats in some tests, says Michael Jacobson of the Center for Science in the Public Interest. 'If Pepsi had any concern for the public's safety, it wouldn't be using this sweetener.'" Following are excerpts from the USA Today article.

USA Today was given unusually wide-ranging access to Pepsi One's battle plans. Executives who head marketing, packaging, merchandising and research all sat down to talk about Pepsi One's detailed -- and risky -- plan of attack. PepsiCo, maker of Pepsi, Mountain Dew and Lay's potato chips, sees an oh-so- rare window of opportunity. Pepsi One -- dubbed for its one calorie – hits store shelves in about two weeks. Unlike all other domestic diet colas, Pepsi One is made with the newly approved artificial sweetener acesulfame potassium, also known as ace K. Rival Coke has no immediate plans to use it domestically. Both, however, already sell the sweetener overseas in brands such as Coke Light and Pepsi Max.

During the next few months, Pepsi will ship millions of free six-packs of Pepsi One to the doorsteps of heavy cola drinkers. Free cans of Pepsi One will be zipped to folks who order Pizza Hut home-delivered pizzas. Free samples will be doled out to sandwich buyers at 7-Eleven. Even greeters at Wal-Mart stores will be handing out samples of Pepsi One. Then, there are the ads. In Hollywood last week, Pepsi's ad agency BBDO filmed two Pepsi One ads featuring hip actor Cuba Gooding Jr., perhaps best known for his Oscar-winning role as the football player in Jerry Maguire who utters the oft-repeated line: "Show me the money."
Pretty scary stuff, especially when you think of how many people drink soda pop and how much they drink. At all the local grocery stores this week they are selling it for 99 cents/6 pack. -Peggy Day
- - - - - - - - - - - -
Please someone out there send me the Cola article about how it will dissolve a nail in 4 days and is used for cleaning car battery acid off and so on and so on. I loved that article and I thought I filed it but I guess I didn't. I see all these people rushing around to get their fix for the day. I'm going to make many copies and leave them everywhere I go. I hope it will eventually have an impact on the industry. -Gale Gravois
- - - - - - - - - - - -
This is a really cute thing we wrote up for my daughter' kindergarten science project. She did the project on calcium. She demonstrated how calcium is leeched out of the bone by soda and the different types of calcium the body can use. We used a chicken bone and tied a piece of string around it, placed it in a bottle of soda for 10 days. When you took the bone out, it was all rubbery and would just bend back and forth. You are welcome to share this too if you will just give proper credit.

Confessions of A Soft Drink
by Ali Balas and Kimberly Balas, ND
Hello! I am a humble, bubbling liquid. Humble? Well, that's not really true. Actually, I am quite proud of myself. I fizz, sparkle and bubble my way into thousands of people all over the world every day. I am also very powerful. Oh, not just in flavor! I can cause masses of humans to make an immediate dash to a soda machine even in the plushest of high-rise office buildings. I stir people to dash into their cars late at night to speed to their nearest 7-11 store. I motivate others to root though their purses or pockets for those pennies, nickels, dimes and quarters with which they will gladly part in exchange for ME!

The best thing about me: I am addicting! I give thousands of addicts their daily "fixes." And they say "Just Say No to Drugs." This is because I sometimes contain a substance called caffeine. Caffeine is a stimulant. It makes your heart beat very fast and makes your nervous systems work like crazy. You feel as though they could take on the world. I have such overwhelming personal magnetism! I'm a sneaky double-agent too! I pretend to give you all the good you need because the caffeine gives you a nice little lift. But, just a few hours later you come crashing down, get shaky, and need me again. This plays havoc with your hearts and nerves. But, you still come to me for relief. I feel very, very smug because I call the shots.

I have a beautiful suntan, too! I get my appetizing brown tint from caramel coloring. It only has genetic effects and is simply a cancer causing suspect. I also have polyethylene glycol in my company of attributes. Glycol is used as anti-freeze in cars and as an oil solvent.

My stunning bubbles and fizz with which I potently burn your insides with is from my beautiful phosphoric acid and carbon dioxide. The phosphorus in the acid upsets your body's calcium-phosphorus ratio, so I steal calcium out of your bones and weaken your tooth enamel. And, I just love magnesium so much that I latch onto any from your food that I am swallowed with so that your body can't use it. This is where I am very well known for causing osteoporosis, a weakening of your skeletal structure, which can make it easier for your bones to break. Oh, I don't stop there. I do battle with my good friend, Hydrochloric acid, leaving him totally ineffective in the stomach. This victory leaves your body with indigestion, bloating, gas, and an inability to absorb minerals. And you guessed it! Calcium is a mineral.

I am such a sweetheart! I offer a selection of sweeteners. The regular version offers you a generous 12 teaspoons of sugar just to sweeten my deal. And for all you calorie counters out there, I disguise a "diet" version with a known carcinogen called NutraSweet or aspartame. So for all those wonderfully gullible people who think they are actually losing weight on this toxic substance are actually producing fat cell just in order to store it. And if your having depression, insomnia, irritability, anxiety, dizziness, headaches, memory loss, brain tumors, convulsions - just to name a few, well, you can send me a thank you card for all of these too!

I do enjoy my power. And especially my popularity. They idolize me in television commercials you know. But, if you are smart, you won't be dazzled by all my charming qualities!!! Keep your calcium. Don't drink soda!!! -Kimberly Balas
- - - - - - - - - - - -
The Pause That Refreshes – I'd Like to Buy The World A Coke, and there's more...
When you thought you knew everything....

To clean a toilet: Pour a can of Coca-Cola into the toilet bowl. Let the "real thing" sit for one hour, then flush clean. The citric acid in Coke removes stains from vitreous china.

To remove rust spots from chrome car bumpers: Rub the bumper with a crumpled piece of Reynolds Wrap aluminum foil dipped in Coca-Cola.

To clean corrosion from car battery terminals: Pour a can of Coca-Cola over the terminals to bubble away the corrosion.

To loosen a rusted bolt: Applying a cloth soaked in Coca-Cola to the rusted bolt for several minutes.

To bake a moist ham: Empty a can of Coca-Cola into the baking pan; wrap the ham in aluminum foil, and bake. Thirty minutes before the ham is finished, remove the foil, allowing the drippings to mix with the Coke for a sumptuous brown gravy.

To remove grease from clothes: Empty a can of Coke into a load of greasy clothes, add detergent, And run through a regular cycle. The Coca-Cola will help loosen grease stains. It will also clean road haze from your windshield. And we drink this stuff!

FYI: The active ingredient in Coke is phosphoric acid. It's pH is 2.8. It will dissolve a nail in about 4 days! The distributors of Coke have been using it to clean the engines of their trucks for about 20 years! [That part may be an urban legend] Drink up. Have a wonderful day! -Kay Lubecke
- - - - - - - - - - - -
I sent the info on Coca-Cola to my dad, this was his response: "I do not know how to tell you but I was having terrible heartburn, and living on Rolaids when Bill Tyler told me to quit drinking carbonated drinks for 2 weeks. I quit and immediately my heartburn was eliminated. I guess I do know how to tell you. I have not had heartburn in 3 years, but I still keep Rolaids on hand just in case. Incidentally when I thought I knew everything, I did. I am also truthful, handsome, and modest." -Sharon White
- - - - - - - - - - - -
How would you proceed with this person: "My father is 41 years old, and the bone spurs just add to his back pain (he slipped a disk three years ago.) The doctor told my father to stay away from red meat, milk, and ice cream? Could this possibly have something to do with his stomach acid problems? He also drinks a tremendous amount of Diet Coke. He drinks about three liters a day. The only thing listed on the side is sodium, and he must be getting way too much of that." -Sage Dahm
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
There really isn't a whole lot that you can do, unless this person is willing to give up the three liters of Diet Coke per day! You can give him all the nutrition in the world, but until he stops poisoning his body, it will have little to no effect on him. We all know the damage that caffeine does, but here are some of the other problems that people tend to forget, or just plain don't realize, that sodas create:

1. The caramel coloring is "suspected" of being cancer causing.

2. The bubbles in the soft drinks are created by the phosphoric acid and carbon dioxide. The phosphorus dissolves calcium out of the bones (a link to the skeletal weakness, perhaps)? Carbon dioxide - no need to go further with that!

3. The phosphorus also kills the hydrochloric acid in the stomach (I would say that this could be a major contributor to his "stomach problems").

4. The ingredient sometimes used in sodas called polyethylene glycol is also used as anti-freeze in cars, and as an oil solvent.

5. The sweeteners in diet drinks (saccharin, aspartame, a.k.a. NutraSweet) are known carcinogens. They have also been linked to insomnia, irritability, convulsions, depression, mood changes, mental retardation, weakness, dizziness, and headaches (just to name a few.

6. The constant "rush" and then subsequent "crash" from drinking sodas, puts a huge amount of stress on the adrenal glands. This, of course leads to a whole host of problems.

7. The high sodium content causes water retention (edema), which over time will invariably cause kidney and bladder damage.

8. Sodas kill the friendly flora in the intestinal tract, leading to constipation and lowered immune response. -Christine
How would you proceed with this person? "My father is 41 years old, and the bone spurs just add to his back pain (he slipped a disk three years ago). The doctor told my father to stay away from red meat, milk, and ice cream? Could this possibly have something to do with his stomach acid problems. He also drinks a tremendous amount of Diet Coke. He drinks about three liters a day. -Sage Dahm
Diet Coke has everything to do with stomach acid, kidney problems, bone spurs and probably a very moody person. One man I know refuses to drink water because it tastes "bad", but drinks liters of Cokes. He is totally disabled and in constant back pain and not easy to live with! He says he'll die drinking soda pop and he probably will. What to do? Nothing, unless he is willing to take his health seriously. Hopefully he is. In that case. KB-C, HY-A, Vitamin C, TS II, Calcium- Magnesium. Minimal would be Calcium-Magnesium and KB-C. Stop all Cokes and use Aloe Vera for his poor stomach. I personally know of a teenager who got bleeding ulcers from drinking 4 to 5 Cokes a day. The Caffeine Detox might even help. -Carole Morris
Has anyone ever tried to dissolve something in Coke? If so what was it and how did you do it. -LeRae McBroom
- - - - - - - - - - - - -
When I was studying with Dr. Jensen one time, Dr. Johnston showed us how bad soft drinks are for your health, and your bones. He took a chicken bone and soaked it in Coke (or Pepsi) for 1 day (or 2?) and it became soft, rubbery, and flimsy. It was quite a presentation and message! Great for an herbal hour display. -Susan Agee
What have others had success with to help with Pepsi cravings? -Angelica
- - - - - - - - - - - - -
It depends on if they crave them for the carbonation or the sugar or caffeine. If it is carbonation - Enzymes, if it is sugar - Ayurvedic Blood Sugar Formula, if it is the caffeine- Caffeine Detox Homeopathic and Siberian Ginseng. -Kimberly Balas
The way I got completely off soda was to dilute it with Nature's Spring pure water, first 4:1 Pepsi to water, then gradually diminishing it. Now I can hardly stand the taste of soda . . . just once in a great while. It really works and is slow enough so you don't have withdrawal. -Nolee
Craving carbonation means we need enzymes? My Homeopath did urine and saliva testing on me and said I was enzyme deficient. I have been craving seltzer for about 6 months! Now that I'm on Enzymes, the cravings are disappearing. Very interesting! -Allison Cantilina
How do you help someone who only drinks sodas? Are they lacking something nutritionally? She looks in pretty decent shape, but I have never seen her drink anything but Pepsi. We talked a little about it, just want to be ready next time I get a chance. -Annette
Mineral deficiency when drinking sodas. My husband drank soda like he should have been drinking water for years. He just recently gave it up. First of all it is like any other addiction the person has to want to give it up. Up the mineral intake. We use Colloidal Minerals and while he was working on this issue, I told him to drink as much as he could. So when that soda craving started he'd go pour a glass of juice with the minerals. He also took calcium/ magnesium Soda's are a leech to the body. They suck the minerals from every organ, tissue and the bones. This is my opinion. You will find if people will kick the habit, they feel so, much better. They will have more energy, think more clearly, sleep better and lose weight. There are no bad side effects to giving up soft drinks. -Kristina
Q: Does anyone have a copy of "Confessions of a Soft Drink" it was an information flyer put out in the early 90's? I can't remember who wrote it. Thanks in advance -Sherry Decker
Confessions of a Soft Drink
(By Dr. Aurelia Louise Jones)
Hello! I am a humble, effervescent liquid. Am I humble? Well... I guess this is debatable. Actually, I am quite proud of myself. Allow me to brag a little.

I fizz, sparkle and bubble my way into the guts of thousands of people all over the world every day. I HAVE MUCH POWER. I can cause masses of humanity to make beelines for snack dispensers in plush, high-rise buildings. I stir men, women and teenagers to dash into their cars late at night to speed to their nearest 24-hour convenience store. In their rush to have me, sometimes they have serious accidents. I motivate others to root through their purses or pockets for the last vestiges of pennies, nickels, dimes and quarters with which they will gladly part in exchange for me. The best thing about me is: I AM ADDICTING!

I am responsible for giving thousands of addicts their daily fixes. This is because I most of the time contain a substance called caffeine and several other toxic substances which is a stimulant.. It stimulates the heart of the people who drink me. As a matter of fact, it makes their hearts beat very fast and makes their nervous systems work like crazy. They feel as though they could take on the world. I tell you...I have OVERWHELMING PERSONAL MAGNETISM.

I am a sneaky double-agent too. I pretend to give people all the good they need because caffeine gives them a "lift". However, a few hours afterward, they come crashing down, get shaky and NEED ME AGAIN....for another pseudo-charge or another "fix". This plays havoc with their hearts and nerves but still, they look to me for relief and assistance. I feel very, very smug because I CALL THE SHOTS!

To give me an appetizing brown tint, I contain "caramel coloring" which has negative genetic effects and is a cancer-causing agent. Most of the time, I have polyethylene glycol as one of my ingredients. Glycol is used as an anti-freeze in automobiles and as an oil solvent. You can well imagine what I do to people's inside. To say the least, it causes DEGENERATION to millions of cells. Also, I often contain Aspartame that causes all kinds of central nervous system diseases, memory lost, blindness and even cause holes in the brain to appear in people and children who drink too much of ME.

The bubbles and fizz with which I potentially burn human insides is caused by my phosphoric acid and carbon dioxide. The phosphorus in the acid upsets the body's calcium-phosphorus ratio and dissolves calcium out of the bones. This can eventually result in OSTEOPOROSIS, a weakening of the skeletal structure which can make one susceptible to broken bones. Also, the phosphorus fights with the hydrochloric acid in human stomachs and renders it ineffective. This promotes indigestion, bloating and gas in many individuals. Carbon dioxide is a waste product exhaled by humans but they ingest it when they drink me.

I offer a selection of three types of sweeteners according to the customers' preference. They are: Saccharin or Aspartame in the diet type and white sugar and corn syrup in my regular drinks. These substances enhance my appeal and come disguised as "good for everyone". However, taste can be very deceiving! Let me explain.

SACCHARIN is an artificial sweetener which has been shown to cause cancer in laboratory animals. There are warning labels on all my containers. ASPARTAME comes under the brand name NUTRASWEET and has been linked to convulsions, depression, insomnia, irritability, weakness, dizziness, headaches, mood changes and mental retardation, and many other dreadful problems for humans. Even with all this information, I am so powerful and addictive, that they cannot stop "Drinking Me". How proud I am of my powers!

AND NO ONE SUSPECTS THAT IT'S ME CAUSING ALL THOSE PROBLEMS, BECAUSE THE "SO CALLED" HEALTH AUTHORITIES ENDORSE ME AND ALL THE TOXIC SUBSTANCES I CONTAIN BECAUSE THEY MAKE A BIG "$$$$$$$$" WITH ME. $$$$$$$ AND THAT SPEAKS LOUDER THAN THE CONCERN FOR PEOPLE'S HEALTH.

SUGAR and CORN SYRUP can induce both HYPOGLYCEMIA (low blood sugar and HYPERGLYCEMIA (high blood sugar as in diabetes). Studies done at the University of Alabama have shown that when healthy volunteers drank 24 ounces of a sugary cola drink it was very detrimental to their health. The good blood cells which attack harmful bacteria and viruses decreases substantially, thereby, reducing the body's immunity to disease. Sugar gives you a temporary"lift" or burst of energy, then sends you crashing down to a severe fatigue just like caffeine does. This way, I can make you into a real yo-yo. To get another "fix" you have to have more sugary drinks. This pattern exhausts the adrenal glands and leaves a person with a chronic tired feeling. Aren't my powers great, to control people like this?

GORGEOUS! THAT'S WHAT I AM! I come dressed in shiny metal cans in various colors and tints. Sometimes I am silver, sometimes gold, sometimes blue, red, etc. I beckon and dazzle so as humans stroll past me in the supermarket. On a hot day, I am especially attractive and hands reach for cases and cases of me to share with friends at picnics and parties. However, I am very tricky. My thirst-quenching liquid, which is at best a deception, is encased in the aluminum cans and contains traces of this same toxic metal. The acid in the soft drink eats away the aluminum which floats around until it is ingested by the consumer. ALUMINUM is a very toxic substance and builds up in the human body. It has a particular attraction for the brain and has been linked to degenerative senility afflictions such as ALZHEIMER'S DISEASE AND OTHER TYPES OF BONE AND MUSCLE DISEASES. These diseases cause a lot of pain in people's bodies and for which the medical profession has "no known cures". HA! HA! This is funny to me.

Many times humans think they can LOSE WEIGHT by drinking me in the "diet" form. NOT SO! My high sodium content helps them retain water in their bodies and they become bloated. Their kidneys and bladder do not function properly after a long time habit of soft drink intake. The ingredients in me destroy the beneficial flora of the colon, resulting in constipation. This locks the toxins in the body so they cannot be eliminated properly. The blood is not pure and as a result and the cells are weakened in their vitality.

In order to lose weight, fat must be flushed from the cells. The enzymes responsible for aiding the process of fat release are paralyzed when they are poisoned with such substances as me and cannot do their job properly. People DEFEAT THEIR PURPOSE when they try to lose weight by drinking me.

In conclusion, I would like to admit there is not a smidgen of humility in me. I am very EGOTISTICAL! I AM MASTER over much of the decision-making abilities of the human race. HA! HA Even the super stars "health professionals" medical doctors are addicted to me. You don't believe me? That is good for me. Look on school campuses, in city parks, at ball games, in business offices, at street corners, at parties, anywhere and everywhere...there are people who are trying to poison themselves by being so addicted to me. They are being brain-washed to the idea that I am good for them by the people who are making so much money selling me. Those people don't care if people are sick....they don't have to pay the bills. As long as they make their money....everything is O.K. One last word of advice my friend..... Ignorance is bliss.
Source:http://www.karlloren.com/diet/p23.htm
Soft Drinks Contaminated by Benzene - ThreadDate: May 27, 2006 09:24 AM Author: VitaNet (R) Staff (support@vitanet.net) Subject: Soft Drinks Contaminated by Benzene

A Food and Drug Administration (FDA) testing program has found cancer-causing benzene in soft drinks at levels averaging four times the standard for tap water. The brand names have not been released.

The test data were uncovered by the Environmental Working Group (EWG), which posted the test results on the group's website, www.ewg.org

Highly elevated Benzene Levels

Between 1995-2001 the RDA tested 24 samples of diet soda for benzene. The result: 79% tested at levels above the federal limit for benzene in tap water, which is 5 parts per billion (ppb). The maximum benzene level detected was 55 ppb. In addition to the diet sodas, the FDA tested a number of other non-diet soft drinks. One cola was contaminated at 27 times the tap water limit, and fruit drink had a 95 ppb level.

"These results confirm our suspicions there are highly elevated benzene levels in some very popular drinks," Richard Wiles, EWG's senior vice president said in a press release.

Reaction Triggered by Preservatives

According to an article in beveragedaily.com, sodium benzoate and ascorbic acid in soft drinks can react together to form benzene. Sodium benzoate is a common preservative in soft drinks, and ascorbic acid is often added as an antioxidant to extend shelf life.

Negotiations between the FDA and the beverage industry in 1990 resulted in an agreement that the industry would voluntarily reformulate its soft drinks to prevent this combination. The recurrence of benzene contamination may be due to new soft drink manufacturers in the market who were not a part of, or aware of, the original negotiations.

Britain Pulls Soft Drinks from Shelves

In contrast to the U.S. situation, food safety campaigners in England were successful in having benzene containing soft drinks removed from the supermarket shelves. The British Food Standards Agency pulled four soft drink brands which contained more than 1 ppb of benzene, and rushed out the results of tests on 149 drinks, including a range of fruit juice, iced tea, squash, fizzy and low-sugar drinks, according to The Times of London.

The Wellness Revolution and Contaminated Soft Drinks

The controversy over benzene in soft drinks is an example of how toxic exposure exists in our food and immediate environment. The constant exposure to toxics were-and especially our children's experience is a major cause of chronic illness.

In this situation, the organic products available for purchase in health food stores are especially vital. And since some exposure to toxics is unavoidable we must take advantage of the herbs and nutrients that support detoxification and the liver, the main organ of detoxification, as well as immunity for example, silymarin, N-acetyl cysteine, calcium D-glucarate, folic acid, Reishi and shiitake mushrooms, and turmeric.

Sources: www.ewg.org www.beveragedaily.com 02/25/06. Associated Press
04/11/06. www.fda.org.

Public Pressure Forces Corporations to Curtail Most Soda Pop sales to schools

The Nation's largest beverage distributors have agreed to halt nearly all soda sales to public schools, according to a deal announced may 3rd by the William J. Clinton Foundation.

The companies have agreed to sell only water, unsweetened juice and low fat milks to elementary and middle schools, according to a spokesman for former President Bill Clinton. Diet sodas would be sold only to high schools.

The deal follows a wave of criticism by school districts and state legislatures amid reports of rising childhood obesity. Soda has been a particular target because of its caloric content and popularity among children. -Kasara
Q: Years ago I used to have this fact sheet on what all is in a can of coke. does anyone have that sheet or know where I can get it? -Jude
Start with soft drinks (or soda). All soft drinks are simply ruinous to your health. Coke, 7-Up, Pepsi, Sprite, Dr Pepper, etc. It's ALL GARBAGE and it's RUINING YOUR HEALTH. Read the ingredients on the side of a can of soda. It will usually list 17-24 grams of sugar. That's the equivalent of 6-10 teaspoons of sugar with each and every 12 oz can that you're guzzling down. When you ingest refined sugar, you lower your body's immunity for FOUR HOURS. If you're drinking soft drinks here and there throughout the day, then you're keeping your immunity suppressed all day long. People with suppressed immunity seem to easily pick up every bug that's going around. Have you ever noticed that little connection in people (especially teenagers) who drink sodas all day long?

Another problem with soft drinks is the tremendous amount of PHOSPHOROUS that's contained in them. Large amounts of phosphorous are bad news for the body because they combine with other minerals (like Calcium) and tie them up for eventual excretion. Now calcium is a mineral that your body DOES NEED in large amounts in your bloodstream for daily use. If your soft drink is yanking the calcium out of your blood stream, where does the body get the calcium it needs for everyday jobs? Why, it gets it from your teeth and bones!

Women who are worried about osteoporosis would be way ahead of the game by avoiding soft drinks (and excess animal protein), instead of going broke buying calcium supplements at the health food store (which are mostly exiting out the other end anyway).

Replace the soft drinks with WATER. It usually takes a couple of days to break a sugar addiction (oh, you never thought of YOU as being addicted to anything? Well, answer me this: Do you have a CRAVING for soft drinks when you don't have them? If you do, then you are definitely addicted). Satisfy your desire for sugar by eating sweet fruit (like bananas) during the adjustment period. Eventually you will come to love drinking water, especially ozonated water. . The more you drink, the better you'll feel. Try it.
=================================================
WATER VS COKE
We all know that water is important but I've never seen it written down like this before. 75% of Americans are chronically dehydrated. (Likely applies to half world pop.)

In 37% of Americans, the thirst mechanism is so weak that it is often mistaken for hunger.

Even MILD dehydration will slow down one's metabolism as much as 3%.

One glass of water shut down midnight hunger pangs for almost 100% of the dieters studied in a University of Washington study.

Lack of water, the #1 trigger of daytime fatigue.

Preliminary research indicates that 8-10 glasses of water a day could significantly ease back and joint pain for up to 80% of sufferers.

A mere 2% drop in body water can trigger fuzzy short-term memory trouble with basic math, and difficulty focusing on the computer screen or on a printed page.

Drinking 5 glasses of water daily decreases the risk of colon cancer by 45%, plus it can slash the risk of breast cancer by 79%, and one is 50% less likely to develop bladder cancer.

Are you drinking the amount of water you should every day?
=================================================
COKE
1. In many states (in the USA) the highway patrol carries two gallons of Coke in the truck to remove blood from the highway after a car accident.

2. You can put a T-bone steak in a bowl of coke and it will be gone in two days.

3. To clean a toilet: Pour a can of Coca-Cola into the toilet bowl and .......Let the "real thing" sit for one hour, then flush clean. The citric acid in Coke removes stains from vitreous china.

4. To remove rust spots from chrome car bumpers: Rub the bumper with a crumpled-up piece of Reynolds Wrap aluminum foil dipped in Coca-Cola.

5. To clean corrosion from car battery terminals: Pour a can of Coca-Cola over the terminals to bubble away the corrosion.

6. To loosen a rusted bolt: Applying a cloth soaked in Coca-Cola to the rusted bolt for several minutes.

7. To bake a moist ham: Empty a can of Coca-Cola into the baking pan, wrap the ham in aluminum foil, and bake. Thirty minutes before the ham is finished, Remove the foil, allowing the drippings to mix with the Coke for a sumptuous brown gravy.

8. To remove grease from clothes: Empty a can of coke into a load of grease clothes, add detergent, And run through a regular cycle. The Coca-Cola will help loosen grease stains. It will also clean road haze from your windshield. FYI:

1. The active ingredient in Coke is phosphoric acid. Its pH is 2.8. It will dissolve a nail in about 4 days.

2. To carry Coca-Cola syrup (the concentrate) the commercial truck must use the Hazardous material place cards reserved for Highly corrosive materials.

3. The distributors of coke have been using it to clean the engines of their trucks for about 20 years! -Ann Souther
There really isn't a whole lot that you can do, unless this person is willing to give up the three liters of diet coke per day! You can give him all the nutrition in the world, but until he stops poisoning his body, it will have little to no effect on him. We all know the damage that caffeine does, but here are some of the other problems that people tend to forget, or just plain don't realize, that sodas create:

1. The caramel coloring is "suspected" of being cancer causing.

2. The bubbles in the soft drinks are created by the phosphoric acid and carbon dioxide. The phosphorus dissolves calcium out of the bones
(a link to the skeletal weakness, perhaps)? Carbon dioxide - no need to go further with that!

3. The phosphorus also kills the hydrochloric acid in the stomach (I would say that this could be a major contributor to his "stomach problems").

4. The ingredient sometimes used in sodas called polyethylene glycol is also used as anti-freeze in cars, and as an oil solvent.

5. The sweeteners in diet drinks (saccharin, aspartame, a.k.a. NutriSweet) are known carcinogens. They have also been linked to insomnia, irritability, convulsions, depression, mood changes, mental retardation, weakness, dizziness, and headaches (just to name a few ;- ).

6. The constant "rush" and then subsequent "crash" from drinking sodas, puts a huge amount of stress on the adrenal glands. This, of course leads to a whole host of problems.

7. The high sodium content causes water retention (edema), which over time will invariably cause kidney and bladder damage.

8. Sodas kill the friendly flora in the intestinal tract, leading to constipation and lowered immune response. -Christine Jenks
I always give my customers a handout with the following info:

Some soft drinks contain carmel coloring, which has genetic effects and is cancer- causing suspect. A common soda ingredient is polyethylene glycol. Glycol is used as an anti-freeze in cars, and as an oil solvent.

The phosphoric acid that gives sodas the fizz and bubble burns the stomach and intestines. The phosphorus in this acid upsets the body's calcium-phosphorus balance, plus...it pulls and dissolves calcium from the bones. Phosphorous is not compatible with the hydrochloric acid (HCL) in the stomach and makes HCL ineffective.

"Saccharin-containing products must carry a warning!!"

There is still lots of controversy over all the real and artificial sweeteners added to soft drinks. Saccharin-containing products must carry a warning! Aspartame has produced a wide range of side effects, and we all know about SUGAR!

If this isn't enough to make us think seriously about drinking soda...throw in the aluminum can so the acid can eat away the aluminum to float into our systems. Remember, aluminum has a special affinity for the brain and has been linked to Alzheimer's Disease.

The diet sodas will not help people lose weight either! The sodium content is so high it frequently causes people to retain water.

Long habits of soda consumption wears on the kidney and bladder causing them not to properly function. The sugar destroys the "good bacteria" in the colon which can cause constipation, toxin build-up, and build up of blood impurities, which in turn affects the cells.

Hope this helps and start drinking MORE WATER preferably from NSP's reverse osmosis. I usually add Liquid Chlorophyll to mine daily. - Nancy T
The Pause That Refreshes – I'd Like to Buy The World A Coke, and there's more...

When you thought you knew everything.... To clean a toilet: Pour a can of Coca-Cola into the toilet bowl. Let the "real thing" sit for one hour, then flush clean. The citric acid in Coke removes stains from vitreous china.

To remove rust spots from chrome car bumpers: Rub the bumper with a crumpled piece of Reynolds Wrap aluminum foil dipped in Coca-Cola.

To clean corrosion from car battery terminals: Pour a can of Coca- Cola over the terminals to bubble away the corrosion.

To loosen a rusted bolt: Applying a cloth soaked in Coca-Cola to the rusted bolt for several minutes.

To bake a moist ham: Empty a can of Coca-Cola into the baking pan; wrap the ham in aluminum foil, and bake. Thirty minutes before the ham is finished, remove the foil, allowing the drippings to mix with the Coke for a sumptuous brown gravy.

To remove grease from clothes: Empty a can of Coke into a load of greasy clothes, add detergent, And run through a regular cycle. The Coca-Cola will help loosen grease stains. It will also clean road haze from your windshield.

AND WE DRINK THIS STUFF!

FYI: The active ingredient in Coke is phosphoric acid. It's pH is
2.8. It will dissolve a nail in about 4 days! The distributors of coke have been using it to clean the engines of their trucks for about 20 years! [That part may be an urban legend] Drink up. Have a wonderful day! -Kay Lubecke
Why Soda Pop Drains You Dry

Soda pop is not good for you. Of course, you have probably suspected this, but perhaps you don't know the extent to which drinking carbonated, caffeinated, sugared, or artificially sweetened beverages destroys your body.

If you look at the list of ingredients in most soda pops, you will likely see most or all of these listed:
caffeine
carbonated water
phosphoric acid
sugar
aspartame
acesulfame-k
sucralose

Let's start with carbonated water. As you know, our bodies require oxygen to remain healthy. For every can of carbonated soda ingested, the amount of oxygen in the blood is decreased by 25% for up to three hours. If you are drinking several sodas per day, you are depriving yourself of a significant amount of oxygen.

Calcium, magnesium, and phosphorus must be maintained in the proper balance for bone health. When too much phosphorus is in the blood, calcium is leached from the bones, causing osteoporosis. Even in citrus sodas which contain citric acid instead of phosphoric acid, calcium is needed to normalize blood pH.

It has been said that the fastest growing group of people with osteoporosis in this country is teenagers...because of the huge number of sodas they consume.

As far as caffeine and sugar are concerned, they both cause dehydration, and the massive depletion of minerals.

A study was done in which two groups of children aged 13-18 years of age were given one of two drinks, a caffeinated sugar-free drink, or a drink containing both caffeine and sugar.

When caffeine was added, calcium excretion in the urine increased by
25%.

When sugar was added, urinary calcium loss almost doubled (1). Both caffeine and sugar also cause dehydration.

Sugar in particular is destructive because its ingestion lowers immune function by reducing the ability of white blood cells to ingest and destroy bacteria.

This lowered immune function can last for five hours or more after the ingestions of sugar (2).

Sucralose, also marketed as Splenda, breaks down into small amounts of 1,6 -dichlorofructose, a chemical similar to chlorinated pesticides.

There has not been adequate testing of this product before it was released for public use, and many of the post-approval studies are alarming. To read about it, go to Sucralose Toxicity Information Center.

Aspartame, or Nutra Sweet, has an alarming health record. Read my article about Aspartame . Even though this article is about how aspartame poisons the pregnant woman and her unborn child, you can see how it would do similar things in the bodies of others. Also, see the Aspartame (Nutra Sweet) Toxicity Info Center .

Acesulfame-k is a dangerous chemical. Read Sample Quotes from Cancer Experts' Letters on Acesulfame Testing.

I hope you will consider giving up the drinking of soda pop. It would contribute significantly to your level of wellness, and probably help reverse many existing health problems.
Source: http://www.unhinderedliving.com/soda.html
-Jude
Great article on the damage caused by soft drinks
Check this out ­ it lists the pH values of all the different soft drinks, etc.

http://www.mndental.org/client_files/documents/Soft_Drinks_Hard_on_Teeth.pdf -Sharon Grimes
Carbonated Drinks
Carbonated Water Could Damage Your Teeth

As the days of summer get warmer, quenching people´s thirsts will become more difficult. Unfortunately, a great deal of people will opt for a can of soda or a pitcher of iced tea over a glass of water. Researchers have warned that carbonated drinks such as sodas and iced teas could damage tooth enamel, which is the outer layer of the tooth.

A study revealed that the constant consumption of carbonated drinks took its toll upon tooth enamel by thinning and wearing it down completely.

Results From a Study on Carbonated Drinks and Their Effect on Tooth Enamel

Non-colas and canned iced teas were the most damaging.

Additives in these drinks such as malic, tartaric and other organic acids contributed to the rapid tooth decay.

Root beer, which contained the fewest number of harmful additives, was considered the soft drink to produce the least amount of tooth enamel damage.

Startling Facts on Soft Drink Consumption
Soft drinks make up 27 percent of all beverages that Americans drink.

In 1997, 12- to 19-year-olds consumed 16 ounces of soda each day, compared to the same age group who were found to drink 28 ounces a day in 1996.

Soda consumption has gone from 22.2 gallons of cola per person per year in 1970 to 44 gallons per person per year in 1996.

95 percent of the people living in the United States drink soda.

People who worked in front of a computer and drank three to four 34-ounce-sized carbonated drinks daily developed full-blown tooth erosion.

An average can of soda has about 10 teaspoons of sugar in it.

General Dentistry July/August 2004

Dr. Mercola's Comment:
Many people believe that no-calorie flavored water drinks are harmless, especially if they don't contain Nutrasweet or sucralose. Well it turns out that the carbonation may change the pH in your mouth to weaken and slowly dissolve the enamel in your teeth.

Soft drinks and canned beverages are constant features of daily life, and the industry rakes in $54 billion each year.

Some 95 percent of Americans drink soda, 27 percent of overall beverage consumption is soda and research is showing that iced tea is not much of a better option in terms of your tooth enamel.

Soda remains one of the major nutritional reasons why most people suffer from various health problems. Drinking all that sugar suppresses the appetite and affects the body´s ability to take in nourishing foods like vegetables, which may result in nutritional deficiencies.

This however is independent of all the damage that sugar can do. You may think that if you drink diet soda that you are out of harm´s way. This is the furthest thing from the truth because aspartame is even worse than sugar.

So the solution is simple, just drink pure non-carbonated water.

Water provides the best hydration for your body and is particularly important now as the weather gets warmer and people are more inclined to spend time doing activities outdoors such as exercising. Another great benefit of water is that it is less expensive than iced tea, soda and fruit drinks, which are virtually identical in every damaging way to soda.

For more on the negative consequences of drinking soda, you can read my past article on the dangers of soda and find out why I list it as one of the five worst foods you can eat (or drink in this case).

Related Articles:
Soda Drastically Erodes Teens' Teeth
Chicago Schools to Ban Soda
Soda Drinkers Have Higher Cancer Risk
Do Energy Drinks Really Give You Energy?
Coke Wants to Fool You With Their Bottled Water
Great, Now We Have Artificial and Real Sugar in the Same Soda
-Laura
Carbonated Drinks - Bone Fractures
More fuel for the ongoing discussion of carbonated drinks. I doubt that only girls need to cut back on the soda.
Consumption of Carbonated Drinks by Teenage Girls Associated With Bone Fractures
Archives of Pediatrics & Adolescent Medicine/MedscapeWire
Consumption of colas and other carbonated beverages is associated with bone fractures in teenage girls, according to an article in the June issue of the Archives of Pediatrics & Adolescent Medicine. Grace Wyshak, PhD, from Harvard Medical School, Boston, Massachusetts, analyzed self-reported survey data from 460 ninth- and tenth-grade girls concerning physical activities, beverage consumption, and bone fractures to determine the possible association between carbonated beverage consumption and bone fractures among teenage girls. Nearly 80% of girls reported drinking carbonated beverages, 49.8% cola beverages only, 11.5% non cola beverages only, and 15% both cola and non cola beverages. Approximately 20% of girls reported having had a fractured bone. The author found that the girls who drank carbonated beverages had about 3 times the risk of bone fracture than the girls who did not drink carbonated beverages. The girls who reported high levels of physical activity and drank cola beverages had nearly 5 times the risk of fracture as those who did not drink carbonated beverages.

According to background information in the article, teen consumption of soft drinks is on the rise while their consumption of milk has plummeted. While considering past research, Dr. Wyshak speculates that the phosphorus contained in soft drinks may change the physiology of the body including a deleterious effect on bone due to the change in the phosphorus-calcium ratio or possible bone resorption from high levels of phosphorous. "Our findings have implications both for the health of teenagers and for the health of women at later ages," the authors conclude. "In addition to research, health and social policies to promote better behavioral practices, including one's diet, among American women of all ages are needed." Because adolescence is a crucial time for bone development, it is important that adolescents approach consumption of carbonated beverages with caution according to editorialist Neville H. Golden, MD, from Albert Einstein College of Medicine in New York. According to Dr. Golden, the findings of the study by Wyshak, "are alarming and warrant further confirmation with well designed prospective studies" that quantify the amount and type of beverages consumed as well as dietary calcium intake.

The author notes that "what is clear is that today's teenagers are consuming diets that are high in phosphorous and low in calcium," both of which can impact negatively on attaining peak bone mass. "Osteoporosis should no longer be considered only a geriatric disease but rather a pediatric disease with geriatric consequences," writes Dr. Golden. "Pediatricians should be playing an active role in the National Bone Health Campaign and, if Wyshak's work can be confirmed, we should be including education about carbonated beverage consumption in our efforts." -Mariann Cade
Q: Do diet sodas cause weight gain? It seems when I'm on a diet, and drink diet colas, I do not loose weight. Do they boost insulin? -Leila North
I always give my customers a handout with the following info:

Some soft drinks contain carmel coloring, which has genetic effects and is cancer- causing suspect. A common soda ingredient is polyethylene glycol. Glycol is used as an anti-freeze in cars, and as an oil solvent.

The phosphoric acid that gives sodas the fizz and bubble burns the stomach and intestines. The phosphorus in this acid upsets the body's calcium-phosphorus balance, plus...it pulls and dissolves calcium from the bones. Phosphorous is not compatible with the hydrochloric acid (HCL) in the stomach and makes HCL ineffective.

"Saccharin-containing products must carry a warning!!"

There is still lots of controversy over all the real and artificial sweeteners added to soft drinks. Saccharin-containing products must carry a warning! Aspartame has produced a wide range of side effects, and we all know about SUGAR!

If this isn't enough to make us think seriously about drinking soda...throw in the aluminum can so the acid can eat away the aluminum to float into our systems. Remember, aluminum has a special affinity for the brain and has been linked to Alzheimer's Disease.

The diet sodas will not help people lose weight either! The sodium content is so high it frequently causes people to retain water.

Long habits of soda consumption wears on the kidney and bladder causing them not to properly function. The sugar destroys the "good bacteria" in the colon which can cause constipation, toxin build-up, and build up of blood impurities, which in turn affects the cells.

Hope this helps and start drinking MORE WATER preferably from NSP's reverse osmosis. I usually add Liquid Chlorophyll to mine daily. -Nancy T
Q: I have often heard that soft drinks pull the calcium from your bones. What exactly causes this? Is it the carbonation? Would you have the same problems with the carbonated mineral waters and selzters? -Shawna
- - - - - - - - - -
At least three ingredients are responsible: 1) the sweetner, 2) Phosphoric acid, and 3) carbon dioxide. Other carbonated beverages like carbonated mineral water are not as bad because they may only contain one of these three, but they are still not good. The carbon dioxide builds up in your blood and has to be eliminated through the lungs. This robs your body of oxygen and is responsible for fatigue and low endurance. -Duane
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Nature's Sunshine Products NSP Forum Index -> Forum Archive All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: