Nature's Sunshine Products NSP Forum Index Nature's Sunshine Products NSP
For customer and distributor discussions of Nature's Sunshine Products. Not an official site of NSP.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Splenda - A No, No/Internet Article

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Nature's Sunshine Products NSP Forum Index -> Forum Archive
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Georgiana Duncan
Site Admin

PostPosted: Jan Fri 05, 2007 12:51 pm    Post subject: Splenda - A No, No/Internet Article Reply with quote

Splenda - A 'No, No'

THE METEORIC RISE OF SPLENDA
The United States can't seem to get enough of sucralose, the no-calorie artificial sweetener sold under the brand name Splenda.

However, the demand for this sweetener has forced Tate & Lyle (the company that makes sucralose) to ration shipments of it, which is affecting production for both small and large companies who are dependent on sucralose for business. Some companies are even willing to hold off on making certain products until the supply of sucralose has been replenished. The growing public interest in this sweetener has been a reflection on the fact that many Americans are partaking in low-carb diets, not to mention have a constant desire to cut calories.

Manufacturers have also taken an interest in sucralose because it: *Has at least twice the shelf life of aspartame, the key ingredient found in Equal *Does not react to heat and can easily be used in baking and in products that use high temperatures during their manufacture

The interest in low-carb dieting, in conjunction with the fame of sucralose among manufacturers, has led to an abundance of artificially sweetened food products on the market. In fact, the number of products containing sucralose as a key ingredient has more than doubled this past year from 573 to 1,330. And, with 22 percent of Americans striving to eat less sugar, the market for artificial sweeteners has grown significantly, though the success of sucralose has far surpassed its competitors:

*Equal's share of the American tabletop sweetener market has dropped from 23.7 percent to 19.4 percent *Sweet'N Low's share declined from 17.8 percent to 15.6 percent *Splenda's share has risen from 37.3 percent to 48.8 percent

As the success of Splenda/sucralose mounts, competitors are determined to devise ways to make their sweeteners more appealing to consumers. Merisant, the maker of Equal, has been focused on doing a better job marketing and packaging their product, and have even considered creating different flavors of Equal.

Dr. Mercola's Comment:

You probably recall an article I posted regarding the overwhelming popularity of Splenda/sucralose in processed foods that is preventing the product's manufacturer (Tate & Lyle) from taking on new customers and limiting its supply to old ones.

Well, it seems that many companies who regularly use sucralose for business are willing to wait (and temporarily delay the debut of new soft drinks that will only poison your health) until the supply of the artificial sweetener has been stocked back up. What's worse, the overwhelming demand for the product is due in large part to those people who are Splenda-dependent -- people who feel using this artificial sweetener is far better for their health and weight. Not true!

Folks, if you are consuming Splenda because you think it is a safe alternative to sugar or other artificial sweeteners, then you may be in for a big surprise. Research in animals has shown that consuming sucralose comes hand-in-hand with a plethora of health problems.

SPLENDA'S SOUR SIDE EFFECTS
*Shrunken thymus glands (up to 40 percent shrinkage)

*Enlarged liver and kidneys

*Atrophy of lymph follicles in the spleen and thymus

*Reduced growth rate

*Decreased red blood cell count

*Diarrhea

If this list is not convincing enough for you, I highly recommend reading some of my other concerns regarding this potentially toxic no-calorie sweetener. But perhaps the most revealing and powerful way to learn the dangerous truth about Splenda is to read someone's personal experience with it. Nearly every month we receive a report from someone who has had an adverse reaction to Splenda; you can see many of these reports posted on my site. The fact is, many people are uneducated about the negative effects this product can have on your health and body and find out only after they experience a negative reaction.

If dramatically reducing or eliminating your intake of sweets, whether it is sugar or artificial sweeteners like Splenda, feels close to "impossible" for you, I strongly urge you to read my book, TOTAL HEALTH Program. This literature presents my entire dietary program that has helped many tens of thousands of patients, and one of the key reasons this book has received such widespread critical acclaim is its strong focus on eliminating unhealthy dietary cravings and addictions like "sweet cravings."

WARNING: I want to emphasize that if you have insulin issues, I recommend that you avoid sweeteners all together including stevia, as they all can worsen the problem. But for everyone else, if you are going to sweeten your foods and beverages anyway, I strongly encourage you to do so with stevia.

Also, a great way to satisfy your sweet tooth NATURALLY and SAFELY is with stevia -- a healthy alternative to sugar. [Editorial Note: NSP has stevia both in convenient packets, Stock #1381-6, and powdered extract, Stock #1386-7, forms – See your Nature's Sunshine supplier] Unlike sucralose and other artificial sweeteners that have been cited for dangerous toxicities, stevia is a natural alternative that's ideal for diabetics, those watching their weight and anyone interested in maintaining their health by avoiding sugar. Stevia can be used in appetizers, beverages, soups, salads, vegetables, and desserts -- virtually anything! It is, hands down, the best alternative to sugar you will ever taste.

Related Articles: See these articles on Dr Mercola's website, http://www.mercola.com

*12 Questions You Need to Have Answered Before You Eat Splenda
*Splenda Celebrates Fifth Anniversary
*Beware of Splenda's Latest Marketing Ploy
*Is Splenda Making You Sick?
*Splenda's Dangers: One Man's Personal Story That You Should Know *Splenda Compared to a "Biochemical Warfare Agent"--See One Woman's Shocking Photos
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Nature's Sunshine Products NSP Forum Index -> Forum Archive All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: