Nature's Sunshine Products NSP Forum Index Nature's Sunshine Products NSP
For customer and distributor discussions of Nature's Sunshine Products. Not an official site of NSP.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Sodium Low

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Nature's Sunshine Products NSP Forum Index -> Forum Archive
View previous topic :: View next topic  
CombinedNSP
Site Admin

PostPosted: Dec Thu 14, 2006 5:14 pm    Post subject: Sodium Low Reply with quote

Sodium Low

My friends mom is on lots of meds because of having a stroke in the past. Her sodium levels are way too low, 124. The doctors is ONLY allowing 1 cup of water and 1 cup of coffee daily to see if her sodium levels go up. They also just told the family they are putting her on a diuretic as well. To me this is insane. One thing for sure scares me is that she also takes Coumadin, with that little of water and her blood getting to thick, that will kill her faster. I know what I would suggest, but just want to hear from you and your input for more ammunition. Thanks, Bev Brown
- - - - - - - - - - - -
Dear Bev, You are so right to fear the diuretic. It is crazy. Has she done celery juice. If she has a juicer, 4 oz. of celery juice 2x a day for 3 days and then just one time a day will totally up her sodium levels. According to N.D. Donald Lepore sodium maintains Calcium in solution. It also maintains fluidity of the blood and lymph fluids to prevent them from becoming too thick. Additionally, it is an important element in the elimination of Carbon Dioxide in the blood.

Celery juice contains vitamins B, C, E, Iodine, Potassium, chlorine, Magnesium, Calcium, Iron and obviously Sodium. -Lourdes Martinez
- - - - - - - - - - - -
Try Parsley, Dandelion and Safflower. But coffee little water Diuretic ...... I would be be cautious in advising here. I had a similar client nothing seems to go right with Dr. #s of course it was the HERBS. Parsley and dandelion can have diuretic effect. -S. Mitchell
- - - - - - - - - -
My sodium is also too low. I also had a stroke, about a year and a half ago. And my potassium is too high for my sodium. I'm not on any medication. I'm taking EFA oils to thin my blood and it is working. I've switched to sea salt on my Dr's instructions. I am including celery in my diet to try to balance my sodium, and bring my blood pressure down. [also taking many supplements]. -Dee
- - - - - - - - - -
My husband has cancer and he wound up in the ICU on Tuesday morning because his sodium was 103. They said I could take him home Thursday but I asked if he could stay one more night. We did and he is home with me now. I never want this to happen again. I made a broth of organic celery, potato peels, cabbage, chicken, and add fresh dandelion leaves and parsley before I pour it in his feeding tube. They said this happened because too much water and because of the coffee enemas. Everything I give him has to have water in it because it is in a feeding tube. What the ......am I to do???? I really need some peace of mind here. I am going to start nutritional implants via the colon tomorrow. The tumor is shrinking. We have come too far.

The doctor said his BUN was way low. He said he was retaining water. I have him on Kidney Drainage and Parsley he seems to be going quite a bit. I am tired and just want this to get over with. We have come too far and Tom is not quitting. He is living and his attitude is of that.

Of course they were playing the potassium / sodium game today before you left the hospital to balance it out. His sodium on Friday morning was 129.

He also had an infection in the blood and did antibiotics. The sent him home with clindamycin 150mg/5ml

I have him on

Paw Paw, Noni, Thai-Go, Olive Leaf, Immune Stimulator, Gastro Health, AL-J, Ayurvedic Bronchial Formula

White Oak Bark (stopped bleeding from the tumor) Yarrow (stopped bleeding from the tumor) B-Complex Magnesium Complex LReutri Probiotic Eleven -LeRae McBroom
- - - - - - - - - -
Hi LaRae, That sounds like a very good program. I've been working with my oldest daughter with cancer also -- altho I don't think hers is as serious. But I was told to definitely take her off of Thai Go. You are not supposed to ingest antioxidants when taking Paw Paw and Thai-Go is very high antioxidants. Noni was in the original program I was following, but I was told that it also is too high in antioxidants to be included in the Paw Paw program -- so I also took her off of that. My advice was from a very good source. I don't know if that would have anything to do with his level or not -- but I thought I would mention it.

Are you testing how much Paw Paw you are giving him? I tested Amy and her amount did increase the first couple weeks and has now stayed the same. -Georgiana
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Nature's Sunshine Products NSP Forum Index -> Forum Archive All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: