Nature's Sunshine Products NSP Forum Index Nature's Sunshine Products NSP
For customer and distributor discussions of Nature's Sunshine Products. Not an official site of NSP.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Smoothie

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Nature's Sunshine Products NSP Forum Index -> Forum Archive
View previous topic :: View next topic  
CombinedNSP
Site Admin

PostPosted: Dec Thu 14, 2006 5:19 pm    Post subject: Smoothie Reply with quote

Smoothie

Here's a really simple one: 3-4 pieces of frozen banana (break a banana in four pieces and freeze), 3-4 frozen strawberries, 8 oz apple juice and a scoop of protein powder. Blend and drink. Quick and easy. -Carole
- - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Blend: 1 scoop of Ultra GreenZone drink 1 Scoop Vita-Lemon 1 scoop Coral Calcium 1 tbsp.. Nature's Noni 1 tbsp.. Mineral Chi 1 packet of TNT (orange cream meal replacement packet) you will think you are drinking a orange smoothie even though it looks green. You may add a Psyllium Powder or Slippery Elm to sooth the colon........be creative! Enjoy and let me know how you like it. -Bob Nichols
Would follow the Green Drink recipe of GreenZone, Coral Calcium, Colloidal Minerals and add it all in a blender with bananas and soy milk. Bananas and soy milk makes it easier to drink GreenZone. -Marguerite
That sounds great! If someone is trying to not put on extra weight the banana's would not be a good thing, nor the soy if you are a 0 blood type. The TNT meal blast makes the drink taste like a orange cream drink when added to the other ingredients. Sometimes I add a banana but like to watch the figure. I forgot to add the 8 oz glass of water. But use my recipe for any bowel irritation or just getting more of the good stuff down without taking alot of pills. -Laura
Because I am diabetic the smoothies with lots of fruit have to be used sparingly with me, but a friend gave me the following recipe which I love and it helps me to get more raw vegetables into my diet. I didn't think it sounded or looked good but tried it to please her and found I really like it.

Enough for two people: 1 cucumber peeled and cubed 2 cups spinach leaves 1 avacado diced 1 lime (juice) 1 tomatillo 2 scoops organic soy sprouts powder 1 or 2 scoops Green Zone Stevia to taste 1-2 cups water (for desired consistancy)or may use ice May add Psyllium etc. as desired.

This makes me feel good, helps my blood sugars, and I use it as a meal replacement as it really satisfies me. -Barbara Moldenhauer
When fresh fruit is season, i.e. strawberries, blueberries, raspberries, etc., I wash the fruit, spread it on a cookie sheet, and freeze. Once frozen, put it in a zip lock baggie and return to the freezer. This can even be done with bananas that have been peeled and cut in 1-2 inch segments, though they don't keep well for long periods of time like the others will.

When I want a smoothie, I just take a small handful of which ever fruits I want to use, add some water and maybe some yogurt, and blend. Add some almonds, flax seed, wheat germ, coconut, greenzone--use your imagination! Delicious and very simple!

(Hint--cleanup is very simple, also, if you IMMEDIATELY rinse out the blender after use!) -Deana
- - - - - - - - - -
Here are my favorite smoothie recipes all using Nutri-burn from Nature's Sunshine. I use these as breakfast almost every morning and for evening snacks instead of ice cream. They all have a very pleasant taste (especially with the addition of a little extra stevia) and the kids like them too! (Just a little note: the measurements may not be exact as I don't usually measure everything specifically. These are estimates, so play with them to meet your tastes).

Mint Chocolate Chip
Nutri-Burn chocolate (2 scoops)
A drop or two of peppermint oil (though I bet liquid chlorophyll would also work)
1 scoop stevia
¾ cup non-fat plain yogurt
¾ cup skim milk or water
ice

Mix together and blend

Chocolate peanut butter cup
Nutri-Burn Chocolate (2 scoops)
1 tablespoon all natural peanut butter
1 scoop stevia
1 cup skim milk or water

ice

Mix together and blend

Peanut butter & Jelly
Nutri-Burn Vanilla (2 scoops)
1 tablespoon all natural peanut butter
1 scoop stevia
¾ cup frozen mixed berries
1 cup skim milk or water

Mix and blend
Berry Terrific
2 ounces Thai-Go
1 scoop Berry Healthy
1 scoop stevia

¾ cup frozen mixed berries
½ banana
1 cup skim milk or water

Mix and blend
Strawnana
2 ounces Thai-Go
1 scoop stevia
1 package frozen strawberries and bananas*
1 cup skim milk or water

*In advance, slice up strawberries and bananas. Add about 2 to 3 strawberries and 1/3 to ½ banana for each individual serving and freeze.

Mix and blend -Nicole Bandes
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Nature's Sunshine Products NSP Forum Index -> Forum Archive All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: