Nature's Sunshine Products NSP Forum Index Nature's Sunshine Products NSP
For customer and distributor discussions of Nature's Sunshine Products. Not an official site of NSP.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

balancing hormones in a female cat

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nature's Sunshine Products NSP Forum Index -> Health Issues & NSP Product Discussions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Deborah fischer

PostPosted: Mar Sun 11, 2007 4:04 pm    Post subject: balancing hormones in a female cat Reply with quote

I have a indoor female cat that I would like to stop from urinating little spots in various places outside her litter box when she is in 'heat'. The obvious answer is to have her 'fixed'. Is there anyone out there who knows of another way to balance her hormones so that she would not do this? I have had another female cat who lived to be 19 years old that never left wet spots anywhere. I guess I believe that if a hysterectomy causes problems in humans, why would it not in animals. But I can't have her ruining my carpet or leaving surprise smelly spots around the house. Would appreciate any ideas. Thank you.
Delafield, WI 53018
262-646-8503
DFischer2@wi.rr.com
www.mynsp.com/steptowardwellness
Georgiana Duncan
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mar Tue 13, 2007 10:16 pm    Post subject: Re: Balancing Hormones in Female Cat Reply with quote

I really don't know if approaching it hormonally is the answer either.

As far as having her spayed -- I don't know that it would help once she has started the habit. BUT, I've had spayed and neutered cats lives 19 and 20 years also. I think with their shorter life span, it doesn't cause as many problems as in humans.

The Frequently Asked Questions section has one page under "Cat" for urine odor remover recipes. You might want to try that. Perhaps if you remove the odor totally, she will stop. Also, is there something about her litter box that she doesn't like? Did it belong to your other cat? Maybe it only bothers her when she's in heat. Here's the link to that page: http://www.nspforum.com/viewtopic.php?t=978.

Hope this helps, somewhat anyway. Confused
grimesfamily

PostPosted: Mar Mon 19, 2007 10:33 pm    Post subject: Female cat problems Reply with quote

Don't be afraid to use our female homeopathic formulas with your cat! They work great for pets.

Also - drench the area with Nature's Fresh - great at removing unwanted pet odors.
Voicemail: 315/729-7765
web.mac.com/grimesfamily/iWeb/NewHope4NewHealth
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nature's Sunshine Products NSP Forum Index -> Health Issues & NSP Product Discussions All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: