Nature's Sunshine Products NSP Forum Index Nature's Sunshine Products NSP
For customer and distributor discussions of Nature's Sunshine Products. Not an official site of NSP.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Sleep

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Nature's Sunshine Products NSP Forum Index -> Forum Archive
View previous topic :: View next topic  
CombinedNSP
Site Admin

PostPosted: Dec Thu 14, 2006 5:23 pm    Post subject: Sleep Reply with quote

Sleep

Why is induced sleep (by a prescription) not the same as regular sleep? Isn't sleep, sleep? Or is there some harm being done? I don't want herbal solutions because she has tried, HVP, GABA, Kava Kava, Calcium, Chamomile, and other things (for months) and nothing helps her sleep but the medication. She wanted to know what the harm is as long as she is getting good, solid sleep. Annie
- - - - - - - - - - - - - -
I can't give you exact references but I heard a doctor on a radio program one day talking about prescription sleep aids and he said that it interferes with your memory of events for a certain amount of time before bedtime. Then I'm reasonably sure that the prescription is not good for her liver, possibly causing damage.

Have her try Nerve Eight or Nerve Control. I have sleep difficulties myself and those help me better than the things you listed. It's also possible that she just is going to have to tough it out and go for a longer period of time to retrain her body.

Build up her nervous system, keep off the prescription sleep aids, and hopefully her body can adjust in time. -Mandy
Too bad she may not be willing to try something else... 2 yrs ago I could not sleep well for quite a while myself in my studies with the Tree of Light courses I figured out I was suffering from adrenal exhaustion. None of the supplements she took would help for this if she has this.

Symptoms of adrenal exhaustion are waking up to urinate multiple times through the night. Not being able to fall asleep quickly even though you feel exhausted (taking 1-2 hours to finally fall asleep). Once fall asleep could end up waking up at 4 or 5 in the morning and not being able to return to sleep. Also, if the person sticks out their tongue it will quiver. Some people will also experience a nervous energy at night. Wanting to start projects or clean house at a late hour.

The supplement that changed all this for me is Chinese formula: Nervous/Fatigue Formula (took 3 caps. 3x per day for 4 months). I am completely recovered. The meds your client is taking will never help her adrenals recover if this is what is going on.

Now I take the Mineral Chi Tonic because it has many herbs that continue to support the adrenals. Hope this is helpful. -Lourdes Martinez
Any prescription medicine isn't going to support the body as herbs will and many eventually cause worse problems than they can help sometimes. Although some prescription medicines are necessary there are sometimes underlying issues which need to be addressed so when treating with herbs, the correct avenue is chosen for healing. The body can't recognize synthetic preparations as it can with herbs. I agree with Lourdes in that this could be an adrenal issue. If an adrenal issue is in fact the cause of this person's lack of sleep, getting a doctor to find this out may be difficult as many doctors feel anything within range is normal which is not always true. I have adrenal exhaustion myself. My 8 a.m. cortisol level was midrange and normal. My 4 p.m. level was within range but at the very bottom number. I was falling asleep by 1:00 p.m. in the afternoon or "trying to nap", but at night couldn't sleep and could stay up until 2:00-5:00 in the morning.

My doctor recognized this low number as being abnormal (although it was barely in range) and placed me on DHEA daily at noon and Melatonin at night. Both of these have helped me tremendously. The good thing about Melatonin is after your sleep cycle gets situated you can start falling asleep on your own without taking it. Along with an adrenal issue could be a thyroid issue since these especially go hand in hand together since both are endocrine issues. I did not have all the symptoms Lourdes mentioned such as quivering tongue, or urinating at night, etc. however these symptoms may have happened if I hadn't gotten mine under control. If this is indeed an adrenal issue try the Nervous Fatigue Formula. Also the Adrenal Support. I take high dose Vitamin C (4,000-5,000 mg. daily) in the form of Calcium Ascorbate crystals, Vitamin B5 with B-Complex, Hawthorn Berry(natural adrenaline) and sometimes licorice to support my adrenals. I have found that with me, that the Vitamin C and B vitamins are the most important of all of these. Hope this helps. -Regina King
She mostly definitely has horrible stress. She has had four extremely close losses in the last two years, three of them only a month apart, two the same week. I am amazed you both said the same thing. I will pass this information on to her and see what she'd like to do. I'm so inexperienced, I didn't know what to get her so I started her on Nerve Control this past week, along with Kava and GABA and homeopathic Insomnia. I also am having her rub her head with Lavender each night. She gets up about 5 times a night to urinate. That's why the Ambien helped so much, she was able to at least go right back. Thank you for your help.- Annie
I agree with the B Complex. I can go to bed and just lay there forever...when I go to bed I am sleepy but when I lay there I feel wide awake and then I get this panic feeling in my chest and have to sit up and take deep breaths. I started taking B Complex just before I go to bed and I have been getting a good nights sleep and feel refreshed in the morning. -Gwen
This is a familiar message. I too have had problems sleeping for the last 8 years. But 4 months ago I started sleeping thru the night. Didn't ask why? Just was blissful at the full night of sleep, with no supplements to get me to sleep. All of a sudden I would drift off when I was supposed to.

Anyway, 2 weeks ago it stopped. Awake 3-5 hours at a time. I frantically searched for what was the cause. Was it some supplement I changed or wasn't taking any longer? Was it some food I had added recently? Was it my lumpy mattress? I found that it was because I had started to take less SKL (was 6 needed 8 or more) and I had stopped taking Black Walnut. I was taking it for warts on my thumb, and stopped, but it is highest in iodine, and possibly my thyroid is the cause of my insomnia. I slept very well last night.

I used to take 2 TR Valerian at a time, but it takes a while to work. I took Melatonin Extra but got the worst migraine of my life from it. I took GABA but that would work sometimes not all. I took lots of Valerian and Sleepy Time tea before bed. Hope this helps. -Leila North
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Nature's Sunshine Products NSP Forum Index -> Forum Archive All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: