Nature's Sunshine Products NSP Forum Index Nature's Sunshine Products NSP
For customer and distributor discussions of Nature's Sunshine Products. Not an official site of NSP.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Skin - White Spots

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Nature's Sunshine Products NSP Forum Index -> Forum Archive
View previous topic :: View next topic  
CombinedNSP
Site Admin

PostPosted: Dec Thu 14, 2006 5:44 pm    Post subject: Skin - White Spots Reply with quote

Skin - White Spots

A Lady I know has developed white spots on the skin and we would like to know what to do about them. Another lady has them and her whole face is turning white. -Heather
- - - - - - - - - - - - - -
This is some times a vitamin A deficiency. -Suzanne
This could very likely be a fungal condition called "tinea versicolor". It most often appears in summer or in hot, humid regions. It is commonly on the upper arm, but can be anywhere. Years ago doctors would "prescribe" Selsun Blue Shampoo--a very thin layer spread on the skin daily until it disappears. I don't know if the active ingredient that was in Selsun Blue Shampoo is still in it today. But treat it as you would any fungal condition. -Deana
White spots should not automatically be diagnosed as Vitiligo. That is very bad advice to do so!

CHECK FOR: Pityriasis Alba Hypopigmented mycosis fungoides Vitiligo Nevus depigmentosus Nummular eczema Pigmenting PA Psoriasis Seborrhea Tinea corporis -skl
My daughter has white spot at the back of her neck which is approximately 1 1/2 by 2 inches is it also a vitamin A deficiency. What kind of Vitamin A can u recommend. -Arlene Bringas
Does it feel a little dry to the touch? If it does then it is very dry skin and you can use a very good moisturizer/cream that keeps it moist and helps retain moisture. Put on two to three times a day.

Or, you never know it could be fungal. Trying some tea tree oil won't hurt if the cream doesn't seem to make a difference.

Best wishes. -Lourdes Martinez
I have a small problem that is quite painful. My tongue is whitish with a sore that is quite large in the center/back that has split and is now open. It is quite painful and has me a little more than sacred. It is red around the outside, whitish/yellowish in the center and is smooth and a touch raised...there is also another bump that is forming toward the front of my mouth. It started with a sore throat/ swollen glands on one side of my neck, a 103* fever for 2 days and now the fever is gone, throat is a touch sensitive and the gland on the side of my neck is swollen on one side...any ideas?
When my second grandson was born, they thought he had a lung infection so the doctors put him on antibiotics for 7 days. They soon found out they were wrong about the infection but had to "finish" the round of antibiotics. By the time he came home from the hospital, his poor little tongue was, literally, Porcelain White - Thrush! I had my daughter open a capsule of Bifidophilus and put some on his tongue several times a day until well after the white was gone. I had her take lots of Bifidophilus, also. Hope it helps. -Jan
A Lady I know has developed white spots on the skin and we would like to know what to do about them. Another lady has them and her whole face is turning white. -Heather - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
This is sometimes a vitamin A deficiency. -Suzanne
This could very likely be a fungal condition called "tinea versicolor". It most often appears in summer or in hot, humid regions. It is commonly on the upper arm, but can be anywhere. Years ago doctors would "prescribe" Selsun Blue Shampoo--a very thin layer spread on the skin daily until it disappears. I don't know if the active ingredient that was in Selsun Blue Shampoo is still in it today. But treat it as you would any fungal condition. -Deana
- - - - - - - - - - - - -
White spots are not automatically Vitiligo, although they could be. CHECK FOR: Pityriasis Alba Hypopigmented mycosis fungoides Vitiligo Nevus depigmentosus Nummular eczema Pigmenting PA Psoriasis Seborrhea Tinea corporis -skl
I've noticed these white flat blotches on my arms for about a year. It's mainly on my right upper shoulder and some on my forearm. I go lay out in the sun but not that often and when I do I wear some sun screen. I also went tanning but not more than 5-6 sessions. -Ellie
Hi I'm 21, just a couple of days ago I notice white spots on my arms & my belly. Can this be because of not enough vitamin A? I know I don't eat well most of the time but it's because I'm not hungry. mom says it's because of not enough vitamin in my body. Please let me know of any solutions & if it's because of the vitamin A let me know which one its best. Thanks alot. -Dee
This could be fungal/overgrowth of internal yeast.

Do you crave breads, pastries, sweets?

Anyhow, what you could try first is Tea Tree Oil. Apply a couple of times a day. After 5 days if you don't see significant improvement then it probably wasn't that...However, if you see improvement, then I also suggest you ingest NSP's Yeast/Fungal Detox formula (2 capsules per day). This will take care of the internal overgrowth. -Lourdes Martinez
Well actually I went to the dockers to check it out because I was scared that it was skin cancer but the doctor told me it was fungus and I had to put some Selson shampoo on it, and it did go away but in the winter. And I got it again this summer and they are raised out of my skin this time? What is it this time? -Dee
Here's what the Dr recommended me: I first tried the Selsun Blue remedy. You apply it to the spots on the skin, wait a half hour and then rinse. I hated this remedy because I think it was turning my skin blue and I already had skin problems as it was..

Second, the Dr. prescribed some cream called Mentax. This might've worked but if you have a husband like I do that doesn't want to help you apply it to all areas you can't reach-you give up on using it, like I did. So, I don't know if this would've worked or not.

Third time, I talked to my OB/Gyn and told him that it was seriously bothering me that I couldn't get rid of these spots and he suggested using a antifungal foot spray called Lotrimin AF. I've been using this on a daily basis after I get out of the shower, I towel off and spray it on the affected areas. Being that I've heard it takes about 4 weeks to get rid of this issue, I won't know until 3 weeks from now if this is the cure. What's also great is this is a liquid spray so you can reach those hard to reach areas, even if your husband is uncooperative to help you.. -Sarah
Paw Paw Shampoo, Probiotic Rotation.

This is a break down in the bodies immune system because the probiotics are not there and all the chemicals your body is having to deal with on a day to day basis. Stop using antibacterial soaps and use NS Concentrate with your choice of NSP essential oils. Discontinue all use of chemicals in your home and on your clothes. I use all of the essential oils to do all my cleaning. Get Larrissa's book Is Your Home Safe. Support your immune system with immune balancing products. -LeRae
LeRae seemed to have the best suggestion in my estimation -- but the Paw Paw Shampoo has been discontinued. See if NSP has any left -- if not, ask if anyone has some on the Forum Marketplace link. Another suggestion might be Pau D Arco -- drinking the tea or taking MANY of the caps internally and using the tea externally or the Pau D Arco Lotion. Black Walnut may be another option -- caps internally and the liquid externally. -Georgiana
Instructions for Paw Paw Shampoo

10 capsules of Paw Paw Cell-Reg can be opened and mixed into about 2 tablespoons of shampoo. This will be gritty, but still have effectiveness. In addition, add 7 drops of Thyme Essential Oil and 4 drops of Tea Tree Oil. The non-gritty recipe is below:

Combine:
The contents of 10 capsules of Paw Paw Cell Reg
1 ounce (2 tablespoons) pure grain alcohol or isopropyl alcohol

Mix together well in a small glass. Cover and let stand until particles have settled. Carefully pour off the liquid onto a saucer. (The alcohol extracts the active compounds in the paw paw capsules. Thus it is important to not discard the liquid!)

Add 2 more tablespoons of alcohol to the solid mass in the glass, mix well. Cover and let stand until the particles have settled. Carefully pour off the liquid onto the saucer. Some of the particles may pour off with the liquid.

Let the saucer stand until all of the alcohol has evaporated. When the alcohol has evaporated, mix 6 teaspoons (2 Tablespoons) of shampoo into the residue on the saucer until well combined and uniform in color. In addition, add 7 drops of Thyme Essential Oil and 4 drops of Tea Tree Oil to the shampoo mixture.

You can make a larger batch of shampoo. However, it will take longer for evaporation of the alcohol to occur.

Sincerely, Gina Benson NSP Scientist Health Sciences Department
I have tiny white spots all over my body and it seems like when I get hot I itch - what can it be. help please. -Joann Richardson
You need Zinc 30mg a day 30 days see if the color returns. -Bill
Pau d Arco Lotion is very good for the itch. Since this is on your face tea tree oil is not a consideration. If you use Pro G Yam, apply it on your face for one of the applications. Olive Leaf Extract is a real possible help. If this is fungal, there is a good chance you may have a systemic problem. Immune Stimulator has many substances that have proved to be helpful. It is a good combination product. Colloidal Silver has many properties- antifungal and antibacterial. It can be used in any oriface as well except perhaps the eyes. Neva: I had white spots on my face for 2 weeks now.I -Neva
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
It may be just sun damage. I have white spots on my skin from when I was an ignorant teenager and laid out in the sun too much. There is nothing you can do about that. If it is fungal, do Para-Cleanse and Paw Paw topically. Muscle testing to see what you need is always the best route to take. -Inge
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Nature's Sunshine Products NSP Forum Index -> Forum Archive All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: